ImageImage

The Kohl's grocery bag revolt (Saturday, March 15th-Celtics)

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#61 » by Chuck Diesel » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:30 pm

Part of me does feel bad for Herb Kohl. He's too nice a guy to have to face this kind of embarrassment at his age.

His reaction will probably be more awkward than this-

http://youtube.com/watch?v=be7q_jTR9xM
Buck You
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 541

Post#62 » by Buck You » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:32 pm

So will you guys be wearing the "Milwaukee Sucks" t-shirts also?
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,278

Post#63 » by jakecronus8 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:33 pm

I hate to be a pest but does ANYONE know what section or sections this will be in? I am nervous that I wont be able to get tickets and I need three. If you have info, send it to jakecronus@yahoo.com. Apreesh.
Do it for Chuck
DH34Phan
Lead Assistant
And1: 113

Post#64 » by DH34Phan » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:36 pm

We gotta have signs stating our agendas.

"Sell the team, Herb"

"Go away, Cronies"

"Stop meddling"

Stuff like that. The Paper Bags will draw us attention, so we need to capitalize on it and have signs so people can see why we are doing it.
DH34Phan
Lead Assistant
And1: 113

Post#65 » by DH34Phan » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:40 pm

Also, this is going to get national exposure as we are playing the Celtics, and they are on a 9 (?) game winning streak.

No matter what they will be showing highlights of the game.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,814

Post#66 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:49 pm

It's hard to say. Certainly the Celtics TV network would show it but it's still FSN cameras at the BC. The C's broadcasters will talk about it but hopefully it will actually be SOMEWHERE on TV. ESPN will likely air footage if it's available.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
fam3381
General Manager
And1: 171

Post#67 » by fam3381 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:51 pm

DH34Phan wrote:The Paper Bags will draw us attention, so we need to capitalize on it and have signs so people can see why we are doing it.

Yeah, I think that's what is so difficult about doing this right--and I guess I'm referring not just to the bag revolt, but also the Bill Simmons stuff and our displeasure with management in general. It's not as simple as just hating the team or hating LH or Herb...it's the way the team has been doing business. It's really too nuanced a problem for a Sportscenter highlight, but at least locally the media has started to exert some pressure on the right people.
Retired Bucks blogger. Occasional Bucks podcaster.
fam3381
General Manager
And1: 171

Post#68 » by fam3381 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:53 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:It's hard to say. Certainly the Celtics TV network would show it but it's still FSN cameras at the BC. The C's broadcasters will talk about it but hopefully it will actually be SOMEWHERE on TV. ESPN will likely air footage if it's available.

I suppose I should probably DVR the NESN broadcast then...damnit, I really hate watching Heinsohn call a game too. But I'm curious if it gets on there.

One of my friends (also a Wisco native) works at ESPN doing Sportscenter-related stuff, so I'll give her the heads up!
Retired Bucks blogger. Occasional Bucks podcaster.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,251

Post#69 » by LUKE23 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:53 pm

jerrod wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

your commitment is astounding

I have to admit this made me laugh.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,207

Post#70 » by paulpressey25 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:59 pm

I'm waiting for info from GAD on how the ticket situation will work. I'm thinking I'll be bringing my kids and they'll work on decorating their bags on Friday night. So guys, if I'm there with the kids, don't shout profanities....save that for Fitz's after the game. Keep it fan friendly.

I'd also ask everyone be very respectful on your bags and what you write. Stuff like "Kohl--suck this" won't go over well and shouldn't be worn IMO.

There are some easy messages you can put like "Dear Senator Kohl, please hire a RealGM..."....or "Senator Kohl, please stop being GM and coach of this team"

We've got a few days, I'm sure some of you have some good ideas you can post here.
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,319

Post#71 » by rilamann » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:00 pm

LUKE23 wrote:The players SHOULD be embarassed, bottom line. The lack of hustle, chemistry, teamwork they have shown this year is nothing short of pathetic.

Thats right.

It would be one thing if the team played hard and hustled and played team basketball and just simply didnt have the talent to compete.

That hasnt been the case,im not saying this team should have won 50 games but as sorry as the east has been this year there is no excuse for this team to be currently sitting at 23-40.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
steger_3434
RealGM
And1: 5,462

Post#72 » by steger_3434 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:05 pm

I talked to Gad and I'm still waiting to here from one of my friends. He's suppose to go out with me saturday for a pre St. Patty's day celebration in the Germantown/Menomonee Falls area. I told him about this plan and if he agrees myself, him, my wife, and his fiance will join the group.

Just imagine if in 5 years we have a team completely changed in it's philosophy and it's day to day operations and people talk about the gang of guys with paper bags on their heads that made this possible.

50 years from now we may be legends. Like the ice bowl 200,000 people will say they were at the Celtics/Bucks game in 2008 with bags on their heads.
yiyiyi wrote:give rockets Redd ,houston give you T-MAC in return .please help rockets!
i dont want see that woman anymore !
Bucks_Revenge
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#73 » by Bucks_Revenge » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:09 pm

rilamann wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Thats right.

It would be one thing if the team played hard and hustled and played team basketball and just simply didnt have the talent to compete.

That hasnt been the case,im not saying this team should have won 50 games but as sorry as the east has been this year there is no excuse for this team to be currently sitting at 23-40.

I agree this team has enough talent to not be 20 games below .500.
BigSmooth_31
Senior
And1: 0

Post#74 » by BigSmooth_31 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:09 pm

Good Luck People!!

Its cool that you guys actually got it planned out , im just mad I wont be able to go to this one....

Im gonna have to remind myself to watch it...

:usa: :bowdown: :clap:
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,207

Post#75 » by paulpressey25 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:14 pm

For you guys that live in Wisconsin and have something planned already that night, you should think long and hard about coming to this......remember that the more people we have, the more fun it will be and the easier to do.
Bucks_Revenge
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#76 » by Bucks_Revenge » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:24 pm

I was thinking since 2/3 of the big 3 will be there you guys should start a chant relating to that. ....some thing like: big 3 big3...or Ray Ray Ray Ray. ..that would show Kohl that he made a big mistake.
InsideOut
Lead Assistant
And1: 534

Post#77 » by InsideOut » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:27 pm

Nebula1 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-
Even if we have an awful owner, etc., the fans have ALWAYS been supportive and classy. I will remain that way despite recent frustrations.

Did you ever think that maybe this is why Milwaukee teams have SUCKED for so long? That maybe fans like you are the problem? Why should a Kohl or Selig care if they win or lose? Either way supportive and classy fans like you will pay the cash to show up, clap politely and refrain from booing the players. It took Selig to finally sell and bring in a new owner before the Brewers got their act together. Unless something is done Kohl will continue to put out a crappy product. If people like you keep showing up and don't rock the boat we're just going to get more of the same. I don't know if bags will work or not but it has a better chance at working than being classy and supportive. What has classy and supportive got us in the past 20+ years? The owner, the coach and most of the players SUCK. I respect your opinion but I just can't see what part of that equation deserves your classy support. If everyone handled a crappy situation in the same classy and supportive way we'd still be drinking warm beer and eating fish and chip 7 days a week. Either way, good luck with that date? You
steger_3434
RealGM
And1: 5,462

Post#78 » by steger_3434 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:29 pm

InsideOut wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Did you ever think that maybe this is why Milwaukee teams have SUCKED for so long? That maybe fans like you are the problem? Why should a Kohl or Selig care if they win or lose? Either way supportive and classy fans like you will pay the cash to show up, clap politely and refrain from booing the players. It took Selig to finally sell and bring in a new owner before the Brewers got their act together. Unless something is done Kohl will continue to put out a crappy product. If people like you keep showing up and don't rock the boat we're just going to get more of the same. I don't know if bags will work or not but it has a better chance at working than being classy and supportive. What has classy and supportive got us in the past 20+ years? The owner, the coach and most of the players SUCK. I respect your opinion but I just can't see what part of that equation deserves your classy support. If everyone handled a crappy situation in the same classy and supportive way we'd still be drinking warm beer and eating fish and chip 7 days a week. Either way, good luck with that date? You
yiyiyi wrote:give rockets Redd ,houston give you T-MAC in return .please help rockets!
i dont want see that woman anymore !
schweig
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#79 » by schweig » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:42 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:I'm waiting for info from GAD on how the ticket situation will work. I'm thinking I'll be bringing my kids and they'll work on decorating their bags on Friday night. So guys, if I'm there with the kids, don't shout profanities....save that for Fitz's after the game. Keep it fan friendly.

I'd also ask everyone be very respectful on your bags and what you write. Stuff like "Kohl--suck this" won't go over well and shouldn't be worn IMO.

There are some easy messages you can put like "Dear Senator Kohl, please hire a RealGM..."....or "Senator Kohl, please stop being GM and coach of this team"

We've got a few days, I'm sure some of you have some good ideas you can post here.

This is not too much to ask at all, having kids and parents there will count for a lot. I'm the dumb one in my family and the only Bucks fan, but if anyone has a grandma or grandpa that agrees with this and wants to come along that would be great too.
bigdog13
Junior
And1: 6

Post#80 » by bigdog13 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:42 pm

Dan I sent you a email please send me a reply!

Also Postgame show live from Fitzs after the game

Return to Milwaukee Bucks