ImageImage

Bag Night recap thread (GAD meets Kohl)

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

NeedsMoreCheese
RealGM
And1: 8,369

Post#401 » by NeedsMoreCheese » Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:01 pm

trwi7 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Will this still hold true when I start going bald? Which should be happening soon.

You told me that i was just seeing things :(
Nowak008
RealGM
And1: 4,303

Post#402 » by Nowak008 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:04 pm

adamcz wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Don't feel sad. Going bald is a sign of exceptional maturity and intelligence. And poise. Let's add honor and integrity as well.

What about in GAD's case?
John Hammond apologists:
emunney wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote: 9 YEARS!? like any of that matters

THAT LITERALLY IS HIS TENURE.
Serge28
RealGM
And1: 1,754

Post#403 » by Serge28 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:13 pm

GrandAdmiralDan wrote:short black leather coat, red shirt, khaki pants.
short beard (this isn't working out so well, but I'm giving it a try. Prior to the last 3 months I've just had a Van Dyke style goatee for 3 years)

Is my hair long enough already to be considered long?
It is definitely longer than I've ever had it in my life. I had the same hair cut for about 18 years in a row but I've been going bald since my early 20s (I used to have a real thick head of hair, those pictures make me sad now) and finally tried something different out of frustration last march and got my hair cut even shorter than normal last March, and then a second cut like that on the morning of the NBA draft, which is the last time I've had a hair cut at this point. That is partly due to me coming EXTREMELY close to just getting it over with and shaving my head back in August but being talked out of it.

So instead I just chose to just see how long my hair could get before I couldn't stand it anymore.

I always think of this anytime I meet new people, because they've never seen me as the "neat, clean cut" guy that I've been for basically my entire life up until recently. Somewhat amusing.

Whoa, I remember you looking entirely different at BC on the night we drafted Bogut. Almost no hair on your head and that goatee. Weird.
LockDownD
Pro Prospect
And1: 11
Location: Save your urolagniac fantasies for a more approriate board

Post#404 » by LockDownD » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:15 pm

the pics of GAD running diversion on Gladys are great, way to sell it man, talking w/ your hands and all. As far as super powers go, I would say your the Morphis type judging from the pics.
GrandAdmiralDan
RealGM
And1: 1,293

Post#405 » by GrandAdmiralDan » Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:10 am

LockDownD wrote:the pics of GAD running diversion on Gladys are great, way to sell it man, talking w/ your hands and all. As far as super powers go, I would say your the Morphis type judging from the pics.
97-98
Nick Van Exel (LAL) on defending the Stockton-Malone pick-and-roll: "Yeah,
I got a way to defend it. Bring a bat to the game and kill one of them."
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,434

Post#406 » by trwi7 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:13 am

Okay who is cutting the paper bag in picture #35?
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
upnorthfan
Banned User
And1: 16

Post#407 » by upnorthfan » Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:41 am

Would I be wrong in thinking the "bag revolt" had something to do with today's firing? Kinda the final straw that broke the camels back?

I mean you guys did it right in front of Kohl, he is a politician, and he understands protests. Until someone proves diferent, I am going to think you guys influenced Senator Kohl's decision a wee bit.
bigkurty
General Manager
And1: 1,511

Post#408 » by bigkurty » Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:42 am

trwi7 wrote:Okay who is cutting the paper bag in picture #35?

Steger's friends girlfriend I believe

What I want to know is which picture shows Beyond the Arc's sister? Everyone keeps saying she is hot but I don't remember her. Sorry Arc but I had to ask.
WEFFPIM
RealGM
And1: 473

Post#409 » by WEFFPIM » Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:46 am

My favorite picture might be the one of the scoreboard with the Bucks trailing by 22 and Michael Redd on the screen looking like he's sulking.
ReddWing wrote:Being a fan of this team is tantamount to being in hell...There is no Christ that is coming to save us. Even if there was, we'd trade him for a 28 year old wing.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,434

Post#410 » by trwi7 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:50 am

bigkurty wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

What I want to know is which picture shows Beyond the Arc's sister? Everyone keeps saying she is hot but I don't remember her. Sorry Arc but I had to ask.

Yeah I was thinking maybe the girl in #35 was his sister so that's why I asked. After Nowak said she was hot I got curious. :lol:
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,325

Post#411 » by paulpressey25 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:13 am

upnorthfan1 wrote:Would I be wrong in thinking the "bag revolt" had something to do with today's firing? Kinda the final straw that broke the camels back?

You are right on. Every single member of the bag brigade needs to be sitting back and smoking a victory cigar tonight. We haven't won the war yet. But we won the battle. And a massive one at that (aren't you guys glad I talked you into this rather than doing some goofy petition?)

Now we'll hear all sorts of crap from the "not invented here" media types like Woeffel and Doug Russell that bag night had nothing to do with this. As GAD would say...nonsense. Sure Larry Harris was being fired eventually. But bag night had EVERYTHING to do with what occurred today.

Even Bogut in his interview this afternoon said "This move had to be made to keep the fans sane" He knew what was going down with bag night and acknowledged it with his comments.

Congratulations to all.....and the infamous AP photo will be our equivalent of the flag being raised on Iwo Jima......

Now we just have to get Donnie Walsh here.....
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
beyond_the_arc
Starter
And1: 46

Post#412 » by beyond_the_arc » Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:45 am

Gladys is the courtside usher, I was able to freeze her with a wave because she recognized me from sitting in that section many times over the years. When we got to the bottom of the stairs I asked her to wait a minute as we would soon be leaving. She stepped back down the last step or two until Herb started complaining bitterly for her to remove us.
Postby SubyWill on Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:53 pm

Magic fan checking in, holy **** Harris is legit. Your GM should be fired.

No ****.
NeedsMoreCheese
RealGM

Post#413 » by NeedsMoreCheese » Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:47 am

beyond_the_arc wrote:Gladys is the courtside usher, I was able to freeze her with a wave because she recognized me from sitting in that section many times over the years. When we got to the bottom of the stairs I asked her to wait a minute as we would soon be leaving. She stepped back down the last step or two until Herb started complaining bitterly for her to remove us.

You shoulda took one for the team and gave her some loving.
beyond_the_arc
Starter

Post#414 » by beyond_the_arc » Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:50 am

:nonono: :crazy: I tend to not go for 60 year old black women.

No ****.
worthlessBucks
RealGM
And1: 4,833

Post#415 » by worthlessBucks » Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:56 am

beyond_the_arc wrote::nonono: :crazy: I tend to not go for 60 year old black women.

I'm sorry you haven't lived yet.
Nowak008
RealGM

Post#416 » by Nowak008 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:57 am

I tend to go for Beyond the Arc's sister.
John Hammond apologists:
emunney wrote:

beyond_the_arc
Starter

Post#417 » by beyond_the_arc » Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:04 am

Good Luck, there's a reason she's divorced.

No ****.
Nowak008
RealGM

Post#418 » by Nowak008 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:13 am

beyond_the_arc wrote:Good Luck, there's a reason she's divorced.

ouch!

Sounds like my kind of women. :devil:
John Hammond apologists:
emunney wrote:

NeedsMoreCheese
RealGM

Post#419 » by NeedsMoreCheese » Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:17 am

beyond_the_arc wrote:Good Luck, there's a reason she's divorced.

Regardless, we still need pics to prove the story of hotness
GrandAdmiralDan
RealGM
And1: 1,293

Post#420 » by GrandAdmiralDan » Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:25 am

bigkurty wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

There are no pictures of her that I'm aware of. She showed up at Fitzgibbons at some point after the game. She and I went to high school together, so if you need to refresh your memory I suppose I could show you a picture of her from our senior year in high school ;)
I'm not sure how helpful that would be though. She was not unattractive back then by any means, but she is definitely more attractive now.

I must say, I still think that I would feel uncomfortable if this was my sister you guys were talking about (first 75toTheMACCfund's sister, now beyond_the_arc's sister). Especially if it was my younger sister, or a sister within a year or two of my age. My sister just turned 38 on Friday though so she probably is out of the desired age range of these guys. And if she isn't, you should consider that my brother-in-law, her husband is built kind of like Karl Malone, so I am comfortable that I don't have to worry about having to protect my sister ;)
97-98

Nick Van Exel (LAL) on defending the Stockton-Malone pick-and-roll: "Yeah,

I got a way to defend it. Bring a bat to the game and kill one of them."

Return to Milwaukee Bucks