ImageImage

Code Redd: Non draft pick inclusive Redd trade idea thread

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

heynow
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#21 » by heynow » Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:46 am

Redd to the Wizards for Caron Butler and (any stiff to fill the cap requirements).... Agent Zero would then have a running mate to share shot load with.
Johnny Newman
Banned User

Post#22 » by Johnny Newman » Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:57 pm

I doubt Redd is dealt this summer. Unless its for even up stars trade. Cause most trades I see here is Redd for cap and junk or bench players. We had hard time keeping up with the Jones with scoring when our team was healthy. How would we keep up with one chucker gone then stuck with junk left over from trade? Yes Bogut could get like 20 touches. But they would double down on him after we win a couple games. Only way I see Redd dealt is someone we already have becomes a beast. I think the only player close to becoming a beast is Bogut. Mo still has to go. Even if we did a Mo for Haslem. Then we still got Yi and CV. CV probably have to be dealt the for a pg or sf. Even if Redd is dealt who is our sg? Bell?Mo?Ivy? #7 some scrub in return from trade?Dez? If Redd is dealt we need a star in return. Thats why I see our junk dealt for defense. I wouldn't mind seeing us trade for Maggette. But this season is a player option. He might opt out.
More Bang For The Bucks
Starter

Post#23 » by More Bang For The Bucks » Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:51 pm

Redd for Camby and Kleiza and #20 pick, Camby has 2 years left on his deal. Use #1 pick on Mayo or Gordon possibly. Camby plays 4 and 5 with Bogut and Yi while Denver prays Hilario and Martin are somewhat healthy next year and brings in another big.
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#24 » by Newz » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:26 am

An idea of mine is:

Redd + Simmons

for

Wally (EXP) + Snow(EXP) + Damon Jones(EXP) + 2x First Rounders

Obviously we don't get much quality back for Redd... But we get a guy in Eric Snow who would be a great veteran influence on our players and could help instill a defensive attitude into our team. We could release Damon Jones and Wally could be a good fill in 2 guard or 6th man for the year...

This would leave us with Bell and Gadzuric as the only questionable contracts on the team and hopefully we could move one of them with a Cavs pick or CV.

IMO this trade would give us a lot of flexibility moving forwards and right now that is what matters with the new GM unless we can get a good, young player for Redd.
midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,047

Post#25 » by midranger » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:39 am

That Cavs trade is probably the best one going for Redd. And I think it's reasonable from both sides.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
CBUCK06
Bench Warmer
And1: 2

Post#26 » by CBUCK06 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:49 am

raferfenix wrote:I think we're going to end up making a deal with cleveland, but I really hope we can get them to take Gadzuric off our hands too. Varajao would be a great fit here, as he could both pressure Bogut to play all out as well as play alongside Bogut at PF too.

I agree with this as well. We have to get some benefit in moving Redd, add Gadz does that.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,142

Post#27 » by paulpressey25 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:50 am

I want them to include Varajao in any Cav's trade....

Redd/Gadz for AV, Wally, Gibson, Damon

Simmons most likely won't amount to anything ever again, but at least he's got a prayer of returning to some form. Gadz will never be worth anything, so I want him going out in any Redd salary dump type trade.
SportsBoy
Rookie

Post#28 » by SportsBoy » Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:42 pm

[quote="LukePliska"]An idea of mine is:

Redd + Simmons

for

Wally (EXP) + Snow(EXP) + Damon Jones(EXP) + 2x First Rounders

Obviously we don't get much quality back for Redd... quote]

Cavs would never give up 2 First rounders, this years 1st is already earmarked for a BIG (pf or ct).

Clevelands best offer would be Wally,AV and a Lotto protected 2009 1st
for Redd and Charlie V....

or

take out CharlieV and the Cavs Pick.
L&H_05
RealGM
And1: 94

Post#29 » by L&H_05 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:16 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:I want them to include Varajao in any Cav's trade....

Simmons most likely won't amount to anything ever again, but at least he's got a prayer of returning to some form. Gadz will never be worth anything, so I want him going out in any Redd salary dump type trade.
I guarantee there's a zero percent chance that Gibson is traded...They're simply not going to trade LBJ's closest friend on the team... It simply won't happen, otherwise, there will be issues, and LBJ has let that be known...

I personally am opposed to bringing Redd in, but according to some on a non realgm Cavs board that I'm on who work within the team, it would be a stunning occurrence if Redd was not on the Cavs next season.. At least from the Cavs pursuing aspect of it...
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,244

Post#30 » by LUKE23 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:26 pm

No sane Cavs fan can be against a Redd deal. The main thing the Cavs lack is another legit 20 ppg option. As good as LeBron is, no way they win a title with that current core until the get a better #2 guy there.

As far as the Cavs are concerned, they really have nothing I want. Wally's expiring deal and the Cavs first is OK I guess, Gibson doesn't do anything for me considering I think Sessions is already clearly the better playmaker and we can get a much more athletic player in Westbrook in the draft.
HeavyP
Starter

Post#31 » by HeavyP » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:06 am

I'd love to try to get Redd on the Sonics. I think he'd be a good fit next to Durant. Reading these offers I'm a little surprised with how little you guys are valuing him right now. The main problem is, the sonics really want to build through the draft, so it'd be hard for us to give up any picks or future picks. That means the only deal I could really offer is:

Chris Wilcox + Earl Watson + Donyell Marshall or Adrian Griffin. Wilcox, Marshall, Griffin all expire, Watson is a Skiles type of PG, pass first plays Defense.. Now, I'm sure you might not like that you're not dumping any of your longer contracts, however I can't imagine a deal where Seattle would be able to take any on.

Thanks and good luck the rest of the offseason!
bogutsdad
Senior

Post#32 » by bogutsdad » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:41 am

I hope any deal we make has gadz going with it, otherwise no deal! If he isn't the biggest waste of money in the nba, I'd like to know who is?!
bogutsdad
Senior

Post#33 » by bogutsdad » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:59 am

The only player I'd like to see go during the off-season is Mo and after the way the final 10 games were played out, I think Mo would like to go too. I'd like to see Redd and CV start under the new coach. However I don't see Yi or CV holding down PF, I think they share SF. They would have height over other SF which we could take advantage of in the post and they both have the perimeter game to hold that position down. However at the PF position they just don't have the frame to hold down some of the beast's at PF in other teams, and they both have the build that will only bulk up so much. Draft or trade for PG, PF and give the roster 20 games under new coach, then if needed start trading.
DanoMac
General Manager
And1: 3,744

Post#34 » by DanoMac » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:22 pm

I would absolutely love either the Dallas, Magic, or Rockets deal. I feel that if we were to dish Redd and acquire an above average SF in a deal somehow, that a SG would be our most pressing need. Assuming we draft Russell Westbrook at 7, our time would be not only good offensively AND defensively, but fun to watch as well.
smauss
Lead Assistant
And1: 419

Post#35 » by smauss » Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:06 pm

Will, I'd take either of the Texas deals, but doubt Dallas would even return that call, unless they fall down badly in the playoffs. Battier would be a great fit, seems like a Hammond-Skiles kind of guy.

I say all that to say I believe Mo and CV will be the go first, making any Redd deal contingent on needs after those two deals. So while I couldn't say that the MO & CV moves would be predestined (thanks for Calvin ref. btw, you knew I'd catch it didn't you!) I believe them to be the most likely moves to be done initially.
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan (CBQ is missed)

simul justus et peccator
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#36 » by EastSideBucksFan » Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:13 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:I want them to include Varajao in any Cav's trade....

While Hammond is saying he's not afraid to make unpopular trades, I doubt he is willing to take such a talent downgrade.

I'm still of the belief that it will best serve this franchise to move Redd when he becomes an expiring contract. For those posters who continue to clamor for a superstar, this will be our best bet.

Shaq was acquired because the Suns had a $17M expiring (well kind of, Marion has an opt out) deal.

The Bucks could be a big player for a disgruntled superstar and a franchise looking to start over.

Only way I want to trade Redd this offseason if we are able to acquire T-Mac or a talent equal deal, which is rare, but could be out there. Obviously anything out there will have it's share of question marks as well.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks