OT: Xbox 360/PS3/Wii

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,209

OT: Xbox 360/PS3/Wii 

Post#1 » by ReasonablySober » Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:05 am

Seems like we should almost have one of these stickied. Or maybe I should just remember to bookmark threads...

Anyway, has anyone else here bought the Street Fighter II: Hyper Fighting game? I've been getting my ass kicked by the computer, which is pretty weird. I sort of remember dominating this game was I was 13 years old...

Look me up. Username: DrugBust
jeremyd236
General Manager
And1: 16

Post#2 » by jeremyd236 » Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:24 am

IGN gave GTA IV a 10. The first 10 in over a decade. They say it could be the best game ever made.

Looks like I found my NBA 2k8/Halo 3 killer right here.
bigkurty
General Manager
And1: 1,511

Post#3 » by bigkurty » Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:43 am

jeremyd236 wrote:IGN gave GTA IV a 10. The first 10 in over a decade. They say it could be the best game ever made.

Looks like I found my NBA 2k8/Halo 3 killer right here.

:o I don't ever remember a 10. What was the last 10? I guess I am going to have to buy this game.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,049

Post#4 » by MickeyDavis » Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:48 pm

A 10? Don't remember ever seeing a 10 before.
aboveAverage
RealGM
And1: 2,611

Post#5 » by aboveAverage » Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:00 pm

Guess I should have reserved GTA IV. I was stupid enough to wait for the reviews to come out. I should've known that it would be amazing.
jeremyd236
General Manager
And1: 16

Post#6 » by jeremyd236 » Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:49 pm

Apprently Soulcaliber got a 10. :crazy:

Pokemon Gold, Silver, Yellow. Mario Golf (64). Metal Gear Solid (PS).
All 10s.
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,667

Post#7 » by SupremeHustle » Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:52 pm

aboveAverage wrote:Guess I should have reserved GTA IV. I was stupid enough to wait for the reviews to come out. I should've known that it would be amazing.

You'll be able to walk into Target/Best Buy/Circuit City and buy it on release day.
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
LISTEN2JAZZ
RealGM
And1: 172

Post#8 » by LISTEN2JAZZ » Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:58 pm

I haven't bought a game in a long while. Maybe GTA will be a good opportunity.
jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#9 » by jerrod » Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:51 pm

i'm looking to play something online later today, i haven't played in a long time
NeedsMoreCheese
RealGM
And1: 8,369

Post#10 » by NeedsMoreCheese » Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:02 am

Im debating about getting that collectors edition thing of GTA IV
I guess theres really not much point to it. But it does seem kind of intriguing. On the otherhand, I dont know if I can really afford to spend the extra money on something like that right now. Decisions, Decisions.

I think I need to find three unqualified people to help me make my decision though. :lol:
Johnny Newman
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#11 » by Johnny Newman » Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:41 pm

GTA4 is online too. Can do like story mode co-op or do the normal online like gangs vs gangs.
jerrod
RealGM
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#12 » by jerrod » Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:41 am

Kohl Is A Mome wrote:Im debating about getting that collectors edition thing of GTA IV
I guess theres really not much point to it. But it does seem kind of intriguing. On the otherhand, I dont know if I can really afford to spend the extra money on something like that right now. Decisions, Decisions.

I think I need to find three unqualified people to help me make my decision though. :lol:

i just read what was in the special edition

why do you want that stuff?
ACGB
RealGM
And1: 2,709

Post#13 » by ACGB » Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:56 am

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/sports/ ... e=previews

We already know that NCAA Football 09 is taking online play seriously with the introduction of online dynasty, but it seems Madden NFL 09 is looking to up its online game as well. Online leagues will be one of the biggest features in the game this year, allowing up to 32 real players to take each other on in a real competitive environment. According to Frazier, this is something that's been wanted by the fans and developers alike for a while now.

"We're real excited about it," Frazier said. "It's one of those features that has been called out in reviews, it's been called out on message boards; we know people have wanted online leagues and we're finally delivering." Up to 32 players will be able to compete in games, participate in the NFL Draft, conduct trades between one another and more in this mode all on a schedule that works for each player in the league. "The nice thing about it is flex scheduling," said Frazier. "You can play your games in any order, at any time. You don't have to play one game a week, you can play five games a week if all five of your opponents are online." The ability to skip games sounds like it will be a crucial tool towards ensuring that your online league--many of which fall apart because of the rigorous scheduling--continues through multiple seasons.
NeedsMoreCheese
RealGM
And1: 8,369

Post#14 » by NeedsMoreCheese » Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:26 am

jerrod wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

i just read what was in the special edition

why do you want that stuff?

Im not entirely sure.
jerrod
RealGM

Post#15 » by jerrod » Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:55 am

Kohl Is A Mome wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Im not entirely sure.

i just don't think those are ever worth it, but that's me

in case you guys didn't catch it, the circuit city ad from the paper today says you get a $10 gift card with the purchase of any version of gta iv
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,209

Post#16 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:15 am

I've never been a big GTA guy, but this version might be the one to suck me in. It looks ridiculous.

The online Madden stuff sounds pretty awesome.

I'm still playing a ton of old school Street Fighter. I wish they would have ported the SNES version instead of the arcade version. The computer gets cheap as you go along.
jerrod
RealGM

Post#17 » by jerrod » Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:36 am

i played nba 2k8 today for the first time in a long time and it's still really fun.

anyone interested in setting up a tournament with like best of 5 rounds?
showtimesam
Veteran
And1: 32

Post#18 » by showtimesam » Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:50 pm

ALLCAPSGOBUCKS wrote:http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/sports/mad...8&mode=previews

We already know that NCAA Football 09 is taking online play seriously with the introduction of online dynasty, but it seems Madden NFL 09 is looking to up its online game as well. Online leagues will be one of the biggest features in the game this year, allowing up to 32 real players to take each other on in a real competitive environment. According to Frazier, this is something that's been wanted by the fans and developers alike for a while now.

"We're real excited about it," Frazier said. "It's one of those features that has been called out in reviews, it's been called out on message boards; we know people have wanted online leagues and we're finally delivering." Up to 32 players will be able to compete in games, participate in the NFL Draft, conduct trades between one another and more in this mode all on a schedule that works for each player in the league. "The nice thing about it is flex scheduling," said Frazier. "You can play your games in any order, at any time. You don't have to play one game a week, you can play five games a week if all five of your opponents are online." The ability to skip games sounds like it will be a crucial tool towards ensuring that your online league--many of which fall apart because of the rigorous scheduling--continues through multiple seasons.

I can't wait for online Madden seasons. Its pretty pathetic it took this long though considering the NFL 2k series had online season its last 2 or 3 years before Madden bought the license.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,049

Post#19 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:46 pm

Software companies are all alike, in this case yes, they could have absolutely had online seasons before this year. But they space out the upgrades to give incentives to people to buy the game every year.
showtimesam
Veteran
And1: 32

Post#20 » by showtimesam » Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:53 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:Software companies are all alike, in this case yes, they could have absolutely had online seasons before this year. But they space out the upgrades to give incentives to people to buy the game every year.

Yeah, although they spaced it out for over 7 years.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks