ImageImage

OT: Xbox 360/PS3/Wii

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,772

Post#101 » by MikeIsGood » Mon May 5, 2008 11:56 pm

Finding cars for Brucie makes you + $1000 each if you bring them back in good condition.
Dwade03
Head Coach
And1: 200

Post#102 » by Dwade03 » Tue May 6, 2008 1:36 am

Yup, I'm addicted to this game and i can not stop playing it :P
Fire Hammond

TKF wrote:Lue is a jackass
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,211

Post#103 » by ReasonablySober » Tue May 6, 2008 1:42 am

I still haven't had the urge to turn it back on since the first day. I played for about three hours, never shot anyone because I never got a gun and was **** broke.
Johnny Newman
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#104 » by Johnny Newman » Tue May 6, 2008 7:00 pm

DrugBust wrote:I still haven't had the urge to turn it back on since the first day. I played for about three hours, never shot anyone because I never got a gun and was **** broke.
You get a gun when you help that dude kill 3 guys in a alley. But a faster way is find a walking street cop on a side walk and run his ass over. Get his gun and get the hell out of dodge. ehhhehehe Or take out two cops in a squad car. Then you get pistol and shotgun. "I hate rent a cops too." :rofl:
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#105 » by ReasonablySober » Tue May 6, 2008 7:04 pm

Johnny Newman wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

You get a gun when you help that dude kill 3 guys in a alley. But a faster way is find a walking street cop on a side walk and run his ass over. Get his gun and get the hell out of dodge. ehhhehehe Or take out two cops in a squad car. Then you get pistol and shotgun. "I hate rent a cops too." :rofl:

I'm so renting that movie tonight!

Maybe I'm just not cut out for this game. It never once occurred to me to run people over and take their cash, or mug someone, or take out a cop for his gun. Hell, I even stop at most red lights in this game.
Johnny Newman
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#106 » by Johnny Newman » Tue May 6, 2008 7:14 pm

DrugBust wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Maybe I'm just not cut out for this game. It never once occurred to me to run people over and take their cash, or mug someone, or take out a cop for his gun. Hell, I even stop at most red lights in this game.
But hopping out of the car to pick up the cash is alot of work. Half the time you have to run people over twice to kill them unless your cruising really fast but by then you a block or so ahead. Then have to slam it in reverse. Time you get close to the money cops realise you rank over like 20 people in a two block radius. Playing darts and pool and bowling with Michelle is always fun. I alson like to get drunk in the game while im realling drinking too. That blows your mind away when the blur the screen on ya for like a minutes. :rofl:
Simulack
RealGM
And1: 4

Post#107 » by Simulack » Tue May 6, 2008 9:36 pm

Just purchased GTA IV, got home and loaded it only to be witness to the **** red ring of death. Christ am I pissed off.

I already filled out a repair request. I did a quick google search and it seemed like the repair process took 3-4 weeks. Does that sound accurate to anyone who has gone through it?
ACGB
RealGM
And1: 2,709

Post#108 » by ACGB » Tue May 6, 2008 9:39 pm

Simulack wrote:Just purchased GTA IV, got home and loaded it only to be witness to the **** red ring of death. Christ am I pissed off.

I already filled out a repair request. I did a quick google search and it seemed like the repair process took 3-4 weeks. Does that sound accurate to anyone who has gone through it?

It's more like 2-3 weeks.
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,667

Post#109 » by SupremeHustle » Tue May 6, 2008 9:43 pm

YOUR NAME IS DRUGBUST!!!
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#110 » by ReasonablySober » Tue May 6, 2008 9:45 pm

Are you sure it's the dreaded red ring?

Read this.

This has happened to me a number of times. Maybe the video cable came lose, other times it's when I haven't played in a while, other times it's when I'm switching TVs or TV aspects.

Regardless, it's not broke. It always ends up turning back on within a few tries, most of the time right away.

I wonder how many people thought they had gotten the red ring of death when their console was perfectly fine?
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#111 » by ReasonablySober » Tue May 6, 2008 9:46 pm

SupremeHustle wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

YOUR NAME IS DRUGBUST!!!

:lol:

I've been locked up enough times to be a bit paranoid about not breaking the law. Hell, I don't even speed anymore.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,272

Post#112 » by LUKE23 » Tue May 6, 2008 9:49 pm

:lol:

I've been locked up enough times to be a bit paranoid about not breaking the law. Hell, I don't even speed anymore.

And your little GTA4 man hates you for it.
LISTEN2JAZZ
RealGM
And1: 172

Post#113 » by LISTEN2JAZZ » Tue May 6, 2008 9:52 pm

Simulack wrote:Just purchased GTA IV, got home and loaded it only to be witness to the **** red ring of death. Christ am I pissed off.

The good news is that if the new xbox you receive also has rings of death, then you get a free copy of the pi
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,790

Post#114 » by Ayt » Tue May 6, 2008 11:00 pm

Dude. You need to go on a killing spree. Its a great way to blow off steam.

Role playing a psychopath is very therapeutic.
Simulack
RealGM
And1: 4

Post#115 » by Simulack » Tue May 6, 2008 11:06 pm

DrugBust wrote:Are you sure it's the dreaded red ring?

Read this.

This has happened to me a number of times. Maybe the video cable came lose, other times it's when I haven't played in a while, other times it's when I'm switching TVs or TV aspects.

Regardless, it's not broke. It always ends up turning back on within a few tries, most of the time right away.

I wonder how many people thought they had gotten the red ring of death when their console was perfectly fine?

I unplugged/replugged everything immediately after it happened to no avail. I've definitely got the three quarters ring instead of the full one that article mentions. The opening scene of GTA IV froze up right before it happened as well. I guess I'll have to wait 2-3 weeks to find out just how that bondage scene plays out.
NeedsMoreCheese
RealGM
And1: 8,369

Post#116 » by NeedsMoreCheese » Wed May 7, 2008 12:38 am

Ayt wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Dude. You need to go on a killing spree. Its a great way to blow off steam.

Being a psychopath is very therapeutic.

Fixed
jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#117 » by jerrod » Wed May 7, 2008 12:40 am

i feel bad smashing up the cool cars, so i drive really cautiously

i love those porsches
Ayt
RealGM

Post#118 » by Ayt » Wed May 7, 2008 5:12 am

Kohl Is A Mome wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Fixed

Are you speaking from experience?

If you were talking about me, well thats just absurd.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#119 » by ReasonablySober » Wed May 7, 2008 5:14 am

I cheated. Used some codes to pick up a bike and a sniper rifle, picked off about a dozen people including cops and a heli, and then just bumped my wanted level back to nothing.

I wish I had a better spot. I want to find my way to the top of a tall building or something.
Ayt
RealGM

Post#120 » by Ayt » Wed May 7, 2008 5:17 am

DrugBust wrote:I cheated. Used some codes to pick up a bike and a sniper rifle, picked off about a dozen people including cops and a heli, and then just bumped my wanted level back to nothing.

I wish I had a better spot. I want to find my way to the top of a tall building or something.

I don't know if its true in this version, but cheat codes could screw up your save game in the last version.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks