DICK BAVETTA STATS IN BUCKS GAMES SINCE 1991-92

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,311

Re: DICK BAVETTA STATS IN BUCKS GAMES SINCE 1991-92 

Post#81 » by paulpressey25 » Sat Apr 4, 2009 4:09 pm

MyInsatiableOne wrote:Fantastic thread by the OP...I'm convinced (not that I needed any convincing...Bavetta has **** over my Celtics for years, too!)

Don't worry, you had Jake O'Donnell screwing over the rest of the league in favor of the Celtics for many years. We've never had a ref in our back pocket in this town.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
kandiking
Sixth Man
And1: 1

Post#82 » by kandiking » Sat Apr 4, 2009 7:39 pm

Just a little bit more proof that midwestern teams built the "right" way will never do well in today's NBA.
Vindicater wrote:KWSN-Men is by far my favourite poster on realgm. He just takes so much punishment and just keeps coming back for more.
Mufasa_BenLinus
Senior
And1: 0

Post#83 » by Mufasa_BenLinus » Sun Apr 5, 2009 4:52 am

Amazing thread
Ettore Messina says all he needs is a point guard, a defensive stopper, a scorer, and a center.

Raptors draft board:
Ricky Rubio (the PG)
Gerald Henderson (the defensive stopper)
Hasheem Thabeet (the center)

It's time to fill the holes
magicfan4life05
RealGM
And1: 198

Post#84 » by magicfan4life05 » Sun Apr 5, 2009 12:30 pm

Guys this is an amazing thread with pretty much damming against bavetta. I knew this guy was very shady with all his self promotion that he used to do with Barkley and I've read before he has too many close relationships with coaches that he would actually bring them cookies or something to them before the games. (maybe you're thinking not too big of a deal on the cookies thing, but it's just the fact that he's gotten too close to some of these coaches is the idea).

Could someone please post this thread's info on the gen board??
Dwight Howard on his FT struggles:

"I just think everybody needs to stop talking about it," Howard said. "There's more to life than free throws."
Rockmaninoff
General Manager
And1: 1,667

Post#85 » by Rockmaninoff » Sun Apr 5, 2009 12:38 pm

We need SCassell19 to post in this thread again, just so that we know for sure that Stern hasn't had him erased.
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:The fight for civil rights just like for liberty and justice and peace won't be won by man. It will take a god...so lets move on to sports.

Magic Giannison wrote:Giannis is god but even god's cannot save our **** team.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,431

Post#86 » by trwi7 » Sun Apr 5, 2009 12:42 pm

Rockmaninoff wrote:We need SCassell19 to post in this thread again, just so that we know for sure that Stern hasn't had him erased.

He's posted in a few threads in the past few days.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Rockmaninoff
General Manager
And1: 1,667

Post#87 » by Rockmaninoff » Sun Apr 5, 2009 12:43 pm

trwi7 wrote:
Rockmaninoff wrote:We need SCassell19 to post in this thread again, just so that we know for sure that Stern hasn't had him erased.

He's posted in a few threads in the past few days.

Phew! I was getting worried. :wink:
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:The fight for civil rights just like for liberty and justice and peace won't be won by man. It will take a god...so lets move on to sports.

Magic Giannison wrote:Giannis is god but even god's cannot save our **** team.
WEFFPIM
RealGM
And1: 473

Post#88 » by WEFFPIM » Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:14 am

This thread was mentioned on the General Board about the Donaghy book, and as I was re-reading it I forgot just how great it was. So I'm giving this a bump.

That's right, I'm bumping an old thread.

Also, please come back SCassell.
ReddWing wrote:Being a fan of this team is tantamount to being in hell...There is no Christ that is coming to save us. Even if there was, we'd trade him for a 28 year old wing.
Erifee
Senior
And1: 305

Post#89 » by Erifee » Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:08 am

WEFFPIM wrote:That's right, I'm bumping an old thread.

Thanks.
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:His Suns about 5 or 6 years ago came close to getting to the Finals who got ripped off in that one playoff series when he was thrown across a table by Robert Horry who you might also consider an excellent core piece.
blkout
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,914

Post#90 » by blkout » Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:34 am

paulpressey25 wrote:And like the end of the Raiders of the Lost Ark, the Ark will get filed away in the dusty warehouse, never to be seen again.

:evil: spoiler alert!

Great stuff SC, I'd like to help but I started a new job this week so I'm pretty flat out. Hopefully a few more people will get involved and compile some more thorough research on other teams.

Edit: I didn't even realize it was old :lol: hopefully the guy comes back.
Joel Embust
Head Coach
And1: 3,055

Post#91 » by Joel Embust » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:18 am

Couldn't it be that the Bucks were simply outplayed in those games?
tecumseh18
RealGM
And1: 10,151

Post#92 » by tecumseh18 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:04 pm

Toronto guy here. I'm on record as having said that that the Bucks board had the most top quality contributors per capita of any board on RealGM (especially compared to the Raptor board). But this thread takes the MF cake.

Of course, Raptor fans think we've experienced the "small market" pinch on those rare seasons when the team is actually competitive, most recently on Wednesday night against the Cavs. The refs weren't about to let us win that game without a fight. So we feel your pain.

Congrats to you scassell. My prediction, your information will play a role in the end of Bavetta's career.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,179
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#93 » by Kerb Hohl » Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:17 pm

Eleqtrique wrote:Couldn't it be that the Bucks were simply outplayed in those games?

Yeah, so in our great year where playoffs and regular season without Bavetta we go 60-33 combined and shoot similar to more free throws. So 2 out of every 3 games we outplay our opponents. Yet when Bavetta refs we go 0 fo 7 and get outshot in free throws by a large margin.
BobbyLight
RealGM
And1: 1,546

Post#94 » by BobbyLight » Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:20 pm

GrendonJennings wrote:
Eleqtrique wrote:Couldn't it be that the Bucks were simply outplayed in those games?

Yeah, so in our great year where playoffs and regular season without Bavetta we go 60-33 combined and shoot similar to more free throws. So 2 out of every 3 games we outplay our opponents. Yet when Bavetta refs we go 0 fo 7 and get outshot in free throws by a large margin.

Statistically that has to be as close to impossible as you can get.
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,591

Post#95 » by Bernman » Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:40 pm

BobbyLight wrote:
GrendonJennings wrote:

Statistically that has to be as close to impossible as you can get.

Yep, but what's even more statistically impossible is, due to some random variable (like a referee should be), having a 16-game losing streak in seasons where you have a 58.7 win percentage/41.3 losing percentage. Calculating it manually, the chances are literally like 1 in a million. It's .4130435 to the 16th power if someone with a graphing calculator would help me out And it's not even like Bavetta is some random referee. He was suspected of favoring big market teams previous to this sample period being evaluated, earning him the derisive moniker of Knick Bavetta. To believe that Bavetta isn't crooked with the kind of combined evidence that has mounted against him: objectively, subjectively, and speculatively; is insane! You could easily prove his guilt beyond a reasonable doubt, but that's not even necessary in a civil case, and in the court of public opinion all people should need is for it to be a probability.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
BobbyLight
RealGM
And1: 1,546

Post#96 » by BobbyLight » Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:58 pm

Thanks for the actual numbers. I knew it would be like that... I am sure people will still make some crazy excuse to push off the facts, but when looking at numbers like that, it's hard not to believe.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,431

Post#97 » by trwi7 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:59 pm

I have a graphing calculator somewhere. I just need to find it.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
UWM_Brew_Buck
Analyst
And1: 883

Post#98 » by UWM_Brew_Buck » Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:45 pm

(33 / (60 + 33))^7 = 0.000708299507
These are the odds of us loosing all of the 7 games that Bavetta refed. For you stats people how many Standard Deviations from the mean is that? Statistically it is unbelievable and yet it just confirms the thoughts that many people have had about the NBA. If the NBA says they are looking into the allegations about Bavetta and don't find anything wrong it's just ridiculous.

I think the big picture is that the reasons why this is so bad in the NBA is because the refs control the game the most compared to other sports. They can call non occurring fouls, traveling and T someone up on every single play if they wanted to. In order to correct this there has to be a clean comish that doesn't care if the big market teams make the finals or not. I don't think that this is going to happen any time soon.
Desmond24
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#99 » by Desmond24 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:28 am

Do your stats indicate the fouls/non fouls that Bavetta himself called?
Officially on Brandon Jennings ROY bandwagon
SCassell19
Junior
And1: 11

Post#100 » by SCassell19 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:18 pm

Its nice to see that this issue wont die. Im going to update the stats ive put on this board over the next few days....

Return to Milwaukee Bucks