06/19 ESPN & DX.com Speculation

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,239

Re: 06/19 ESPN & DX.com Speculation 

Post#1096 » by LUKE23 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:53 pm

smauss wrote:
europa wrote:Guess I'm the only one happy with this rumor, huh? :)

Ahum..Ahum.....I'm sure some were expecting my response.......

I'm very pleased to get him. I'm not at all pleased with what we gave up but this team needs a perimeter defender and distributor. Building Block #1 as far as I'm concerned!

Hinrich isn't a distributor though. He's not a shooter/scorer either. He's a good defender.

He's never averaged over 6.8 assists per game.
James1980
Veteran
And1: 380

Post#1097 » by James1980 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:53 pm

AgainstMe! wrote:
AgainstMe! wrote:BUCKSandPACK@gmail.com

I would really appreciate it, thanks!!

would someone mind forwarding it to me?

Thanks

It's CV, Dez, and 8 for Hinrich. Isn't CV and Dez without the pick enough for Hinrich?
NotYoAvgNBAFan wrote:I overlook foolishness.
andonewheel
Rookie
And1: 16

Post#1098 » by andonewheel » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:55 pm

LUKE23 wrote:So this would leave us with:

Hinrich/Sessions
Redd/Bell
Simmons/Ilyasova
Yi/2nd rounder
Bogut/Gadzuric

Plus whatever we got for Mo. If there is a worse bench in the NBA, even with what we acquire for Mo, I'd love to see it. You also have to do something about upgrading starting SF, Simmons is not a starter. That team screams "blech".

Yeah, that roster is horrible. Imagine if Redd is beat up coming back from the Olympics, gets injured, and misses 20+ games. Where will the points come from? Where will the depth come from on the wings? Doesn't this team want to compete sooner rather than later? This trade is bad for both our long term and short term futures. Another year of tanking would kill this franchise. That is why this trade is BS, it makes no sense.
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Post#1099 » by msiris » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:58 pm

No way I do this deal. Helping the Bulls who already have the 1st pick is a joke. No way does this improve the team. WAY too much to give up for A Hinny. If so no way does this team wins 20 games next year.
Ride the tank
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#1100 » by LUKE23 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:03 pm

There is not a worse bench in the NBA than Sessions/Bell/Ilyasova/Gadzuric/2nd rounder/whatever we get for Mo. That is why I absolutely hate giving up three of our trade assets for a non-star player.

Hopefully this was just a deal that was on the table but doesn't go down, which is very possible.
rickypiercelives
Ballboy
And1: 6

Post#1101 » by rickypiercelives » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:03 pm

fam3381 wrote:
rickypiercelives wrote:I believe Hinrich is a BYC player and thus it would have to be a deal to be made after July 1. So that may be a secondary deal to the one that would make everyone upset.

But what do I know...

You could agree to the deal and just wait a few days to complete it, a la Battier/Gay+Swift a couple years back. But yes, Hinrich is BYC.

So there is where my point is...while there may be a deal for Hinrich...

If I'm remembering my wich post...

He said we'd be disappointed on draft night...if Hinrich can't be traded until July 1...how would be disappointed on draft night?

Just sayin...er...thinkin'
steger_3434
RealGM
And1: 5,447

Post#1102 » by steger_3434 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:04 pm

msiris wrote:No way I do this deal. Helping the Bulls who already have the 1st pick is a joke. No way does this improve the team. WAY too much to give up for A Hinny. If so no way does this team wins 20 games next year.

I'm sure we win more than 20, but it isn't a very good team.

Our PG position gets a little bit better
Our SG position stays the same
Our SF position gets worse. Yeah, dez isn't good, but having Simmons only is a joke
Our PF position gets worse. Yi may be a little better, but not having CV makes it worse
Our C position gets a little better as Bogut improves.

Our depth is atrocious.

The only way this team gets better is if Hammonds believe our core players from last year weren't as bad as they played and if he believes Skiles is the type of coach who he himself can win 10 games alone.
yiyiyi wrote:give rockets Redd ,houston give you T-MAC in return .please help rockets!
i dont want see that woman anymore !
Lippo
Lead Assistant
And1: 945

Post#1103 » by Lippo » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:05 pm

Chicago's 2nd #39
Kirk Hinrich
6-3 PG from Kansas
No games yet played in 2007/08
Tyrus Thomas
6-8 PF from LSU
Thabo Sefolosha
6-5 SG from Switzerland (Foreign)

for

Milwaukee's 1st #8
Bobby Simmons
6-6 SF from DePaul
Dan Gadzuric
6-11 C from UCLA
Charlie Villanueva
6-10 PF from Connecticut

Is all I would do...I would probably prfer Hughes to Hinrich also in that swap because he can play 3 positions probably.
Zeus LA
Junior
And1: 118

Post#1104 » by Zeus LA » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:05 pm

If Love is on the board at 8, I gaurantee this trade gets sweetened for the Bucks (if they decide to trade Love). Either way, seems to be a little tunnel vision by Hammond and Skiles. You could would have a decent shot a Gerald Wallace for that kind of package.
And now it's over to...Moira
bango_the_buck
Bench Warmer
And1: 149

Post#1105 » by bango_the_buck » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:08 pm

rickypiercelives wrote:So there is where my point is...while there may be a deal for Hinrich...

If I'm remembering my wich post...

He said we'd be disappointed on draft night...if Hinrich can't be traded until July 1...how would be disappointed on draft night?

Just sayin...er...thinkin'

Yeah, as is, this deal doesn't work (even without the BYC provisions)...
Scott Skiles on being compared by reporters to Hall of Fame coach Pat Riley: "If I thought you guys knew anything, I'd be flattered."
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,371

Post#1106 » by trwi7 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:08 pm

Yeah I can't believe anybody is happy with this deal. It's absolutely atrocious. We lose three trade pieces to improve the team elsewhere for a slight upgrade at PG? Absolutely unbelieveable.

If anybody wants to know how bad this deal is for us head on over to the Bulls board. They're giddy.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM
And1: 42

Post#1107 » by carmelbrownqueen » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:08 pm

I come back from some meetings and the board seems to have lost it's mind in the process.

For those entrusted with the information, it's not cool whatsoever what happened on here.. there's no way all these people should have even the slightest clue of what you were told. Not cool at all. I'm a bit disappointed that the info was passed around like that especially since it was specifically requested that it not end up on realgm.com
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan

"We don't accept anything but winning. We don't accept anything but playing hard." - John Hammond
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,000

Post#1108 » by paulpressey25 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:10 pm

CV, Dez and #8 for Hinrich is not something I really want to do.....at all.

I'd do 8/Gadz for Hinrich, but CV has to be worth a "Francisco Garcia" and Dez's $5mm expiring has to also be worth something.

As much I'm wearing down on the St. Joe Alexander stuff, I'd rather sit at 8 and take him.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#1109 » by LUKE23 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:13 pm

carmelbrownqueen wrote:I come back from some meetings and the board seems to have lost it's mind in the process.

For those entrusted with the information, it's not cool whatsoever what happened on here.. there's no way all these people should have even the slightest clue of what you were told. Not cool at all. I'm a bit disappointed that the info was passed around like that especially since it was specifically requested that it not end up on realgm.com

Oh whatever, relax. Wichmae came out and said there was something for Hinrich on the table. Then he emailed people, none of who put what he said on the board, at his request. One person through a clue out there and then people went from there.

Good lord.
Balls2TheWalls
RealGM
And1: 3,597

Post#1110 » by Balls2TheWalls » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:13 pm

carmelbrownqueen wrote:I come back from some meetings and the board seems to have lost it's mind in the process.

This wasn't given out by anyone that received the e-mail that you, myself, and Luke received. I think that aarprig331 (something like that) told trwi7, and then trwi7 told... well everyone.
SupremeHustle wrote:Salmons might shoot us out of games, but SJAX shoots people out of parking lots. Think about it.
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM
And1: 42

Post#1111 » by carmelbrownqueen » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:14 pm

My point is, if he wanted everyone to have anywhere close to an idea about what was going on he would have said more than Kirk Hinrich's name on the board or if he wanted W, X, Y and Z to know he would have emailed them also.
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan

"We don't accept anything but winning. We don't accept anything but playing hard." - John Hammond
Licensed to Il
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,729

Post#1112 » by Licensed to Il » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:15 pm

I will tell you what is not cool... 50% of the board taunting the rest of the posters. With a rumor like that (and that is all it is, a rumor, its not some secret directive from Bucks management) you either share it or you don't. Taunting other fans is pretty obnoxious.

And Carmelqueen... NBA deals don't succeed or fall apart because of page 65 on realgm. Chill out.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,371

Post#1113 » by trwi7 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:17 pm

LUKE23 wrote:

Oh whatever, relax. Wichmae came out and said there was something for Hinrich on the table. Then he emailed people, none of who put what he said on the board, at his request. One person through a clue out there and then people went from there.

Good lord.

No kidding. It was solved with whoever threw out the 8 ball, Brewers pitcher and concrete clue, somebody figured it out. I also agree with Will Perdude, taunting with the I know something you don't know is really annoying as well. Either put it out on the board or don't say anything.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Buck You
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 541

Post#1114 » by Buck You » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:18 pm

I think this deal could still happen and we would still be disappointed on draft night. I think that on draft night we could pick a guy at 8 that the Bulls want and we would finalize the deal on July 1st. I hope I'm wrong though.
theanimal23
RealGM
And1: 926

Post#1115 » by theanimal23 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:18 pm

Is there a shot a deal for Kirk will be done? Or is it just speculative rumor at this time?

Return to Milwaukee Bucks