ImageImage

06/19 ESPN & DX.com Speculation

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,643

Re: 06/19 ESPN & DX.com Speculation 

Post#1141 » by Profound23 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:48 pm

aaprigs311 wrote:Who cares!? Everyone is blowing this out of proportion. It's a rumor, not even a sure thing yet. We have no impact on anything that happens in the NBA. If you think otherwise then you may have an exaggerated sense of self worth. Wait, I'm hearing something interesting.. Some breaking news! This just in, RealGm isn't REAL! We don't make or break trades.

:( :waaa:
worthlessBucks
RealGM
And1: 4,833

Post#1142 » by worthlessBucks » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:48 pm

What an awful deal. When Hammond said that we most likely wouldn't enjoy the deals he makes, he wasn't kidding. We're giving players away here for a guy who just had a terrible year. Hinrich won't make this team much better, roll the dice with Alexander or even Lopez rather than make this garbage of a deal. What's Harris up to?
Go Bucks!
Licensed to Il
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,764

Post#1143 » by Licensed to Il » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:49 pm

Chill out, everyone. There are hundreds of rumors out there right now. And pages 65 - 72 of a Bucks thread on RealGM has 0% influence on the draft. We are all giving ourselves a little too much power and influence. Chill out and let this play out.
mcfromage
Veteran
And1: 840

Post#1144 » by mcfromage » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:52 pm

As I posted in the JO/TJ thread - I'd prefer to send #8 to Indiana for #11 and #17.
Balls2TheWalls
RealGM
And1: 3,635

Post#1145 » by Balls2TheWalls » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:54 pm

Will Perdude wrote:Chill out, everyone. There are hundreds of rumors out there right now. And pages 65 - 72 of a Bucks thread on RealGM has 0% influence on the draft. We are all giving ourselves a little too much power and influence. Chill out and let this play out.

I think that CBQ is more worried about people in the front office figuring out who the inside sources are and snuffing them out. Professionalism when given private information would be key to protecting your sources.
SupremeHustle wrote:Salmons might shoot us out of games, but SJAX shoots people out of parking lots. Think about it.
worthlessBucks
RealGM
And1: 4,833

Post#1146 » by worthlessBucks » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:57 pm

I was away all afternoon, so I'm really just catching up. Some great quotes from the Bulls thread on their board.

I think I'd do it and take Brook Lopez...

Ha.

Oh this has to be BS.....

Why would the Bucks do such a deal?
Go Bucks!
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,746

Post#1147 » by msiris » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:58 pm

carmelbrownqueen wrote:
msiris wrote:
carmelbrownqueen wrote:Stuff like this is delicate info and throwing out a clue for someone to speculate on is different from emailing the details to everyone who requests it. Too many people received an email about this and then someone posted it on the boards, and then people started responding too it and pretty much confirming whether parts were true or not based on their answer.. that's not cool at all. People can lose jobs over stuff like this, it's not something to be taken lightly.
I understand your point, but why would anyone risk their job if they tell someone when they where ask not too?

Everyone on this board probably has friends or associates that they share stuff with from time to time that "other" folks are supposed to know. And if that person we share things with happens to share with someone else, the hope is things won't get out of hand get told to everyone all willy nilly.
It just went way too far...
Since I am older if someone ask me not to share info I would respect that, but there are a lot yonger posters on this forum who still have a lot to learn.
Ride the tank
steger_3434
RealGM
And1: 5,481

Post#1148 » by steger_3434 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:01 pm

I dont' see what the big deal is. If anything, people like CBQ are to blame for chiming in that they know inside info from their "sources", but aren't at liberty to say. Talk about childish. Follow your own advice and don't act childish with that "I know something, but I can't tell you" crap.
yiyiyi wrote:give rockets Redd ,houston give you T-MAC in return .please help rockets!
i dont want see that woman anymore !
smalls
Junior
And1: 0

Post#1149 » by smalls » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:03 pm

carmelbrownqueen wrote:Stuff like this is delicate info and throwing out a clue for someone to speculate on is different from emailing the details to everyone who requests it. Too many people received an email about this and then someone posted it on the boards, and then people started responding too it and pretty much confirming whether parts were true or not based on their answer.. that's not cool at all. People can lose jobs over stuff like this, it's not something to be taken lightly.

Someone should lose their job if that deal goes down, and seriously if this info was so ultradelicate then there should have been no mention of it on the board in the first place or to anyone not in the Bucks Org to begin with. So maybe the the Bucks learn their lesson and keep their mouths shut so they can run their front office more effectively, which is what we r all looking for anyways as Bucks fans.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,249

Post#1150 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:04 pm

Cry about it, seriously.

The only reason a few dopes around here like to put out vague hints is because they get off on seeing everyone try and dissect every last word they say. If they don't want something to get out, then they should simply shut up.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,316

Post#1151 » by paulpressey25 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:05 pm

I'm for the greater good of the Milwaukee Bucks.......

If the RealGM nation has any effect in modifying this deal more to our favor.....well then a big thumbs up.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,249

Post#1152 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:10 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:I'm for the greater good of the Milwaukee Bucks.......

If the RealGM nation has any effect in modifying this deal more to our favor.....well then a big thumbs up.

QFT.

I'm e-mailing every last writer at ESPN and SI.com. If there's a chat going on, I'll be there.

"A person on the popular site RealGM.com is reporting that Kirk Hinrich may be moved for #8, Villanueva and Mason. Sounds legit, is there anything to it?".

If there is I hope it gets blown to hell by tomorrow.
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#1153 » by EastSideBucksFan » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:11 pm

DrugBust wrote:

Cry about it, seriously.

The only reason a few dopes around here like to put out vague hints is because they get off on seeing everyone try and dissect every last word they say. If they don't want something to get out, then they should simply shut up.

Right, if this info is so "delicate" than no mention, reference, or inference to it should be made ON THE INTERNET, where as you know EVERYONE CAN SEE IT

The fact of the matter is that some people on here get off on saying that they have inside info and then go on to say it's super important that nobody can know. Except I'll email it to poster B, F, G, X and Z. Everyone else, screw off.

If it's so important and your friends job is in jeopardy, keep your mouth shut and your hands off the keyboard.
steger_3434
RealGM
And1: 5,481

Post#1154 » by steger_3434 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:12 pm

The rumor about the Ford/JO trade got me thinking. If Indy would trade JO for Ford, why wouldn't they trade JO for the 8th, CV and some expiring? If Hammonds is that afraid of the 8th pick (which his tenure in Detroit has shown he should be by the drafting) then I'd much rather get JO than an average PG like Kirk.

What looks better?

Mo, Sessions
Redd, Bell
Simmons, Ersan
JO, Yi
Bogut.

OR

Kirk, Sessions
Redd, Bell
Simmons, Ersan
Yi, ????
Bogut

Yeah, JO has been injured, but Kirk has also played horribly. I'd rather gamble on JO bringing it in a change of environment with an up and coming center than with Kirk regaining his form which still is a poor shooter and distributer.
yiyiyi wrote:give rockets Redd ,houston give you T-MAC in return .please help rockets!
i dont want see that woman anymore !
DanoMac
General Manager
And1: 3,762

Post#1155 » by DanoMac » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:12 pm

RealGM Bucks board civil war.
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,746

Post#1156 » by msiris » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:14 pm

steger_3434 wrote:I dont' see what the big deal is. If anything, people like CBQ are to blame for chiming in that they know inside info from their "sources", but aren't at liberty to say. Talk about childish. Follow your own advice and don't act childish with that "I know something, but I can't tell you" crap.
CBQ does not do that. She pretty much confimrs things that already are talking about. Whoever leaked this info trusted some of the other posters. Big mistake. Did you not learn that lesson awhile ago with another poster?
Ride the tank
Buck You
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 541

Post#1157 » by Buck You » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:16 pm

Find some way to get Maggette and Brand here for Mo/Yi and you've got yourself a pretty good team.
Hinrich/Sessions
Redd/Bell
Maggette/Simmons/Ersan
Brand/Ruffin(?)/Ersan
Bogut/Gadz

I mean, we'd make the playoffs most likely. But we'd have to re-sign at least one of Brand/Maggette.
Licensed to Il
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,764

Post#1158 » by Licensed to Il » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:17 pm

Kirk is a much better player than the average poster here realizes.

That said, the deal still sucks.

But for any of us to honeslty believe we know what a guy's league wide trade value is (including myself, who reads/watches/talks about the NBA many hours a week) well that is silly. We don't know what kind of offers Hammond got for any of our guys. We don't know what other teams are getting offered for their guys. Did anyone think Shaq was worth anything? Let alone Marion? Did anyone think Garnett could be had for Al Jeffersen and the Celtics Dleague team?

The truth is, though I see myself as a sort of armchair GM, is that we just don't know. We are just playing the at home version.
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,643

Post#1159 » by Profound23 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:18 pm

MFScho wrote:I was away all afternoon, so I'm really just catching up. Some great quotes from the Bulls thread on their board.

I think I'd do it and take Brook Lopez...

Ha.

Oh this has to be BS.....

Why would the Bucks do such a deal?[/
quote]

These type of quotes makes me believe the deal is possible. Half the Bulls fans think "we are getting hosed", while the other's think "that deal sounds too good to be true". And Bucks' nation is split the same exact way.

Me as a Bucks and a Bulls fan think a deal of Noc-hinrich for #8-Simmons-Mason or something close to that would benefit both teams greatly. ESPECIALLY if the Bucks are seriously considering Joe Alexander at #8. Alexander is at best another NOC, and that would be after a few years in the league. Kirk is better defensively than any Guard on the Bucks roster. Bucks get to get rid of Simmons contract, Bulls get a contract in Simmons that expires just in time to retain Deng and/or Ben Gordon.

This deal makes so much sense and would benefit my two favorite teams.

Only thing that would be better for me is Redd/#8 to Chicago for Kirk/Ben Gordon/Hughes or something like that.

Redd would prosper next to players like Deng and Rose better than he will in Milwaukee as the #1 option and Bucks get equal value for him by acquiring two players who just had bad years, but good careers.
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#1160 » by EastSideBucksFan » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:19 pm

steger_3434 wrote:The rumor about the Ford/JO trade got me thinking. If Indy would trade JO for Ford, why wouldn't they trade JO for the 8th, CV and some expiring? If Hammonds is that afraid of the 8th pick (which his tenure in Detroit has shown he should be by the drafting) then I'd much rather get JO than an average PG like Kirk.

What looks better?

Mo, Sessions
Redd, Bell
Simmons, Ersan
JO, Yi
Bogut.

OR

Kirk, Sessions
Redd, Bell
Simmons, Ersan
Yi, ????
Bogut

Yeah, JO has been injured, but Kirk has also played horribly. I'd rather gamble on JO bringing it in a change of environment with an up and coming center than with Kirk regaining his form which still is a poor shooter and distributer.

Isn't it amazing how Shaq was so "hurt" in Miami, but he goes to Phoenix and "poof" he looks two years younger?

I predict the exact same thing will happen with Jermaine. He's been unhappy on that team since the Melee and Artest/Jackson were traded and then Al Harrington was moved after his second stint. Put him on a competitive team or even just a different environment and he will start to produce again (not to mention he will be thinking about his next contract)

Return to Milwaukee Bucks