Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,264

Re: 06/19 ESPN & DX.com Speculation 

Post#1321 » by LUKE23 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:01 pm

Just to give the Bulls fans side on the proposed Hinrich rumor:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=817866

Pretty much the same as here. Bulls would do it in a heartbeat, and a lot of "no way Bucks do that" comments. Seems like both fanbases for the most part are in agreement. Hopefully both are correct and the deal does not transpire.
Balls2TheWalls
RealGM
And1: 3,635

Post#1322 » by Balls2TheWalls » Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:36 pm

I am amazed that they offered up a trade of Hinrich + Nocioni for #8 + Simmons + Mason .... that seems ridiculous to me. If I heard this in a phone conversation, I would be like... BOOM DONE PUT IT IN WRITING SO YOU CAN'T TAKE IT BACK.
andonewheel
Rookie
And1: 16

Post#1323 » by andonewheel » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:11 pm

Assuming the Jefferson deal goes down, I hope we can ship 8/CV for 5. Throw in 37 if we need to. Of course grab Love at 5.

Will any of the teams in front of us grab Love besides Memphis, Minnesota, or Seattle? I can't see Minnesota or Seattle really going for Love either with Jefferson and Durant/Green so Memphis is the only team I anticipate in the running. Of course there is the dreadful possibility of somebody leapfrogging us in a deal to move up and get Love, hopefully we don't let that happen.

Does anybody think that if the Bucks can't somehow acquire Love that we will try to do a Mo/Haslem trade and use our pick on a PG? I can't imagine our moves stopping with the Mo/Redd backcourt still in place.
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,603

Post#1324 » by raferfenix » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:56 pm

Hey Europa---what info did you spread that caused such a firestorm, I forget.

Wichmae---it'd be a real shame for you to stop giving inside info here due to whatever happened. There isn't another Bucks board comparable to realgm, and it has been great having even the slightest of hints to keep us occupied with the crazy anticipation of the last few days.

GAD---welcome back to the board!
LISTEN2JAZZ
RealGM
And1: 172

Post#1325 » by LISTEN2JAZZ » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:04 pm

andonewheel wrote:Assuming the Jefferson deal goes down, I hope we can ship 8/CV for 5. Throw in 37 if we need to. Of course grab Love at 5.

That's how I would have felt without the Jefferson deal, but with it I'm even more into getting Love.

What about Mason (expiring) + #8 + #37 for Cardinal (bad contract) and #5?

Then next year we roll out:

Sessions/Mo/Bell
Redd/Mo/Bell
Jefferson/Ilyasova
Love/Ilyasova
Bogut/Gadz
Balls2TheWalls
RealGM
And1: 3,635

Post#1326 » by Balls2TheWalls » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:05 pm

adamcz wrote:
andonewheel wrote:Assuming the Jefferson deal goes down, I hope we can ship 8/CV for 5. Throw in 37 if we need to. Of course grab Love at 5.

That's how I would have felt without the Jefferson deal, but with it I'm even more into getting Love.

What about Mason (expiring) + #8 + #37 for Cardinal (bad contract) and #5?

Then next year we roll out:

Sessions/Mo/Bell
Redd/Mo/Bell
Jefferson/Ilyasova
Love/Ilyasova
Bogut/Gadz

Where does CV go in this plan?
LISTEN2JAZZ
RealGM
And1: 172

Post#1327 » by LISTEN2JAZZ » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:06 pm

Balls2TheWalls wrote:Where does CV go in this plan?

I agree, it's a mystery. :lol:

Guess I forgot about him.
andonewheel
Rookie

Post#1328 » by andonewheel » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:14 pm

A big question I still have is if the Redd/Mo backcourt will remain intact. I just can't see that being a good idea.

I love the idea of Duhon/Sessions at PG and I think Redd can be a great scorer in the right system with the right coach. With Jefferson/Redd, I think Mo is the odd man out.

Who knows, maybe we'll draft Westbrook or one of the other combo guards and swing Mo for a PF like Haslem. I always think it's a good idea to move up in the draft if you don't have to give up future draft picks. Kevin Love looks like an 18/10 guy that puts up stats but more importantly contributes to winning games.
Sigra
RealGM
And1: 1,249

Post#1329 » by Sigra » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:50 pm

Sigra wrote:Actually wichmae told us a lot. Read between lines. He told us that the goal is to win now. He told us that we are going to trade our pick. Many people value this draft class so he told us that many will be disapointed and then he told us that most of us overate some players. It is rather clear for me that he was talking about guys who are going to be rookies next year because he said that after people had discusion about those players. Same when he told us that many will be disapointed.

We are not going to draft player for us people. That's rather clear by now. We are in win now mode and rookies are not part of that. Skiles is here to win. Not to rebuild. Hammond is here to win. Kohl is too old to try from begining.

Everything that wichmae said in this thread point to "win now" mode. Read from begining if you can. Everything. We are trading pick together with players for veteran help. If I have to guess I would say that our package is #8, CV, Mason and our target is veteran SF like Prince or Jaferson.

Few people already said how inteligent I am but honestly I didn't know how much they are right :D

I have been on bussiness trip last few weeks and I have barely time to read this forum. Yet I was right about wichmae hints. Damn, I am good
steger_3434
RealGM
And1: 5,477

Post#1330 » by steger_3434 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:53 pm

Sigra wrote:
Sigra wrote:Actually wichmae told us a lot. Read between lines. He told us that the goal is to win now. He told us that we are going to trade our pick. Many people value this draft class so he told us that many will be disapointed and then he told us that most of us overate some players. It is rather clear for me that he was talking about guys who are going to be rookies next year because he said that after people had discusion about those players. Same when he told us that many will be disapointed.

We are not going to draft player for us people. That's rather clear by now. We are in win now mode and rookies are not part of that. Skiles is here to win. Not to rebuild. Hammond is here to win. Kohl is too old to try from begining.

Everything that wichmae said in this thread point to "win now" mode. Read from begining if you can. Everything. We are trading pick together with players for veteran help. If I have to guess I would say that our package is #8, CV, Mason and our target is veteran SF like Prince or Jaferson.

Few people already said how inteligent I am but honestly I didn't know how much they are right :D

I have been on bussiness trip last few weeks and I have barely time to read this forum. Yet I was right about wichmae hints. Damn, I am good

Well, if you replace number 8, CV, and Mason with Yi and Simmons you are right :D
Sigra
RealGM
And1: 1,249

Post#1331 » by Sigra » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:15 pm

steger_3434 wrote:
Well, if you replace number 8, CV, and Mason with Yi and Simmons you are right :D

I was right about what wichmae wanted to hint to us. Whether that hapens or not is/was not important :wink:
andonewheel
Rookie

Post#1332 » by andonewheel » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:21 pm

wichmae apparently is like Nostradamus. Drop vague hints and let people interpret them to fit reality.

Inside source: Bucks looking at trading somebody in the back court or bringing in another PF. That's all I can say without revealing my source.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks