ImageImage

06/19 ESPN & DX.com Speculation

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

mcfromage
Veteran
And1: 840

Re: 06/19 ESPN & DX.com Speculation 

Post#701 » by mcfromage » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:19 am

wichmae wrote:Sorry, just some of you guys are really going over board...

Honestly...

Who do you think is being overrated?

Also, I hadn't seen this posted yet. From Chad Ford (http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft200 ... tes-080624):

One potential deal that could have an interesting impact on both teams? Sounds like the Suns and Clippers are talking about a deal that would send the No. 7 pick and Corey Maggette to Phoenix for Barbosa and the No. 15 pick.
That deal only works if Maggette decides not to opt out of his contract this week. If he opts out, Maggette couldn't be signed-and-traded until mid-July.

If PHX were to move to 7, they'd be looking at Alexander right?
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,328

Post#702 » by El Duderino » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:22 am

mcfromage wrote:
wichmae wrote:Some of you guys are really overrating some players.

Wichmae, you're the man. I think it's hilarious how you speak in such incredibly broad terms knowing full well that your every word is going to be scrutinized on this board.

It is amusing watching so many on this board lap up any word wichme says and spin it in multiple directions, almost as if Hammond himself was logged on to RealGM and playing some game of guess what i'm trying to say.

Wichme very well could have legit inside info, bogus info fed to him, or he's just enjoying the watch everyone wait on pins and needles for my next broad post about maybe nothing, or maybe something that maybe will happen if other things happen that are out of the Bucks control.

Whatever is the case, it is pretty funny
mcfromage
Veteran

Post#703 » by mcfromage » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:25 am

The dude abides.
DanoMac
General Manager
And1: 3,756

Post#704 » by DanoMac » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:26 am

mcfromage wrote:

Honestly...

Who do you think is being overrated?

Also, I hadn't seen this posted yet. From Chad Ford (http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft200 ... tes-080624):

One potential deal that could have an interesting impact on both teams? Sounds like the Suns and Clippers are talking about a deal that would send the No. 7 pick and Corey Maggette to Phoenix for Barbosa and the No. 15 pick.
That deal only works if Maggette decides not to opt out of his contract this week. If he opts out, Maggette couldn't be signed-and-traded until mid-July.

If PHX were to move to 7, they'd be looking at Alexander right?

Even better. Gordon or Westbrook for us then.
mcfromage
Veteran

Post#705 » by mcfromage » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:43 am

Honestly...

Haha, I'm sure we are man. I wasn't trying to call you out, I just thought that "some of you guys" post was pretty hilariously vague. Obviously we all appreciate any info you have.
Neptune_Balla21
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#706 » by Neptune_Balla21 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:17 am

I agree that both Alexander and Randolph will be on the board at 8. That is if each team ahead of us remains in their current slots... unlikely? Probably so.

It is my impression that more teams have grown to like Alexander in the past weeks and that teams have been losing interest in Randolph, which leads me to believe that if there is a team that jumps ahead of us... it would likely be for Alexander. I don't see any possibility at all that both players are gone at 8.

That being said I do not want Anthony Randolph. However, if one of him or Alexander goes before our pick, it is highly likely that a talented guard may fall onto our laps, whether it be Westbrook, Gordon or even Bayless... I would take any of'em and be satisfied. After listening to Hammond's interview with Tirico and Van Pelt yesterday, I would say that he has a similar mindset to that.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,857

Post#707 » by emunney » Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:20 am

The inside sources I may or may not have could be telling me that some, all or none of you guys are on a track which could be rightly or wrongly construed as something approximating an idea of what somebody somewhere would be reasonable to think. Or the opposite.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
wichmae
RealGM
And1: 1,031

Post#708 » by wichmae » Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:25 am

emunney wrote:The inside sources I may or may not have could be telling me that some, all or none of you guys are on a track which could be rightly or wrongly construed as something approximating an idea of what somebody somewhere would be reasonable to think. Or the opposite.

lol, I actually have tried to steer you guys in proper directions, without being overly direct, but you seem to always stray the wrong way.

I have since given up :D
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#709 » by paul » Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:55 am

Really interesting article from Ty over at Bucks Diary where he lists his most overrated prospects in the draft using his usual excellent statistical analysis. I won't steal his thunder but the top few are very relevant -

1. OJ Mayo
2. Anthony Randolph
3. Eric Gordon
4. Russel Westbrook
5. Jarryd Bayless
6. DJ Augustin

Others include Jordan, Green and Arthur. He's also going to produce his most 'safe' picks and 'borderline' picks statistically over the coming days, the link is here http://bucksdiary.blogspot.com/index.html
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#710 » by REDDzone » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:22 am

Honestly...

I'm not quite so sure about that...........................................

Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,244

Post#711 » by paulpressey25 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:29 am

That link from Ty is good if you buy into what he's selling. He really is hammering all the undersized guards.

I did see some guys debating Mayo and Harold Miner the other day. If their facts were accurate, Miner was a very similar player to Mayo statistically and otherwise.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
smauss
Lead Assistant
And1: 419

Post#712 » by smauss » Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:51 pm

wichmae wrote:
emunney wrote:The inside sources I may or may not have could be telling me that some, all or none of you guys are on a track which could be rightly or wrongly construed as something approximating an idea of what somebody somewhere would be reasonable to think. Or the opposite.

lol, I actually have tried to steer you guys in proper directions, without being overly direct, but you seem to always stray the wrong way.

I appreciate your trying wichmae. Whenever you post anything it kind of reminds me of all the brides and their attendee's waiting in line at this bridal dress store when the gowns go "on sale"; its absolute bedlam. :lol:

It is kind of amusing to watch/read though.... :wink:
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan (CBQ is missed)

simul justus et peccator
Simulack
RealGM
And1: 4

Post#713 » by Simulack » Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:52 pm

That about sums it up. Its hilarious that someone would claim to have inside knowledge but then reveal no content whatsoever and nothing that can be verified/falsified. It's like going to get your fortune read and having the psychic say: "I see something to happening in your future...."

I'm glad Wichmae isn't going to do anything to compromise his "Inside source". This way we can look forward to getting utterly vague, contentless rumors all season!

Nothing against, Wichmae of course. Maybe he really does know something - who knows? But it doesn't really matter to us as we aren't getting any noteworthy "insider information" regardless.
Balls2TheWalls
RealGM
And1: 3,635

Post#714 » by Balls2TheWalls » Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:08 pm

Simulack wrote:

That about sums it up. Its hilarious that someone would claim to have inside knowledge but then reveal no content whatsoever and nothing that can be verified/falsified. It's like going to get your fortune read and having the psychic say: "I see something to happening in your future...."

I'm glad Wichmae isn't going to do anything to compromise his "Inside source". This way we can look forward to getting utterly vague, contentless rumors all season!

Nothing against, Wichmae of course. Maybe he really does know something - who knows? But it doesn't really matter to us as we aren't getting any noteworthy "insider information" regardless.

+1
SupremeHustle wrote:Salmons might shoot us out of games, but SJAX shoots people out of parking lots. Think about it.
Simulack
RealGM
And1: 4

Post#715 » by Simulack » Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:09 pm

On a side note, I also like how every piece of draft information from any credible media outlet immediately gets dismissed this time of year with: "That's just a smokescreen!" Yet random posts on the Internet citing anonymous, inside sources as taken as gospel...

How is it that reporters who do this for a living get so easily played? Don't they ever make any progress learning which sources they can trust and which are manipulating them? Shouldn't they have established more reliable connections than college students posting on the Internet? How do random internet posters so easily get access to more truthful sources? Given how much attention message board posts can generate, why couldn't these guys be getting fed false info?
fam3381
General Manager
And1: 171

Post#716 » by fam3381 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:15 pm

Sim, the media is only falling for smokescreens when it's convenient for us to think they are :)
Retired Bucks blogger. Occasional Bucks podcaster.
Licensed to Il
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,754

Post#717 » by Licensed to Il » Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:19 pm

My laugh of the day was from the Bucks blog a few pages back that deducted that Hunt (or was it Enlund) "likely had thier finger on the pulse of the team more so than the national writers." That blog writer obviously lives somewhere else, follows the Bucks from afar, and doesn't keep up with the local media scene.

And the Randolph love on here is getting creepy. I see a black Skitavilli. I see a 6'10 project with some obvious skills who hasn't proved anything on the court, but has enough obvious basketball tools that it becomes easy to fall in love with his potential. And sometimes that risk is worth taking. Especially at #8 and lower. But where we are at as a franchise and a new regime, I think we need a team like the old Huggins Cincinati teams with 12 juco transfers and ex cons battling for every loose ball and rebound. Know what I'm saying? We need to change the culture around the Bucks. We need tough guys with man bodies to battle. And Randolph isn't that guy for another 2 or 3 years. So even if Randolph develops in to a very good player in 3 years, I'm not sure if we are in a position where we can redshirt a guy for that long. We need a jolt of strength, toughness, desire, effort, and guys that care. That's why I'm not against trading CV and/or Yi. They are finese. And we need ghetto nasty.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,271

Post#718 » by LUKE23 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:30 pm

Honestly...

If you're going to continuously spout one-liners calling people out, and saying people are overrating guys, then you're going to have to backup your stance. Just because you claim to have inside info doesn't make your opinion any more valid than anyone else's.

Back up these kind of claims if you're going to spout off.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,271

Post#719 » by LUKE23 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:32 pm

wichmae wrote:

That's probably because you really haven't said anything of detail whatsoever.
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#720 » by paul » Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:40 pm

Will Perdude wrote:My laugh of the day was from the Bucks blog a few pages back that deducted that Hunt (or was it Enlund) "likely had thier finger on the pulse of the team more so than the national writers." That blog writer obviously lives somewhere else, follows the Bucks from afar, and doesn't keep up with the local media scene.

And the Randolph love on here is getting creepy. I see a black Skitavilli. I see a 6'10 project with some obvious skills who hasn't proved anything on the court, but has enough obvious basketball tools that it becomes easy to fall in love with his potential. And sometimes that risk is worth taking. Especially at #8 and lower. But where we are at as a franchise and a new regime, I think we need a team like the old Huggins Cincinati teams with 12 juco transfers and ex cons battling for every loose ball and rebound. Know what I'm saying? We need to change the culture around the Bucks. We need tough guys with man bodies to battle. And Randolph isn't that guy for another 2 or 3 years. So even if Randolph develops in to a very good player in 3 years, I'm not sure if we are in a position where we can redshirt a guy for that long. We need a jolt of strength, toughness, desire, effort, and guys that care. That's why I'm not against trading CV and/or Yi. They are finese. And we need ghetto nasty.

Agreed entirely Will, which is the reason I so badly want the bucks to make a play for Battier. Don't get me wrong he's not the only guy I want to add, but he adds the scrap and hustle so desperately needed in our starting lineup. Add him to Bogut, Sessions (or preferably an experienced true starting pg while Ramon develops) and a banging 4 like Maxiell, Haslem, Lee to split minutes with CV or Yi, and we're on the right track. There's much to be done, but we need to get ugly instead of adding more finesse. This is the reason I don't want to use the pick as my first preference, another rookie is not what we need unless he can play straight away and it appears Randolph can't. We got our GM from the Pistons, it would be nice if he brought some of their attitude with him.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks