ImageImage

06/19 ESPN & DX.com Speculation

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,414

Re: 06/19 ESPN & DX.com Speculation 

Post#761 » by trwi7 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:35 pm

One thing I don't get is why is Yi off the table in trades? Obviously marketing and all that stuff but Fegan and everybody else associated with him will want him to start or if not start get more minutes. Is he really ready to be part of a team that isn't in a rebuild? I would think he would be one of our more valuable trade chips.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
oshmeehan
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#762 » by oshmeehan » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:36 pm

Another thing to keep in mind with Prince is he doesn't get hurt, despite his frail frame. Which would be a positive having a healthy guy starting for you every game of the season

He's been in the league for 6 years now, and the only year he didn't play all 82 games was his rookie year
xTitan
RealGM
And1: 2,283

Post#763 » by xTitan » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:36 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:I'd really prefer to go after Josh Howard. He can defend and fill it up.

For a trade that would probably tick most everyone off here in some respect one might be Redd/8 for Josh Howard/Stackhouse/Brandon Bass.

I hate Josh Howard, he doesn't defend anywhere near as good as you think plus he is a volume shooter that does not pass the ball....not to mention he is a slippery slope player as far as trouble goes.....would be shocked if he was Hammond's first move.
europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#764 » by europa » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:37 pm

xTitan wrote:Hammond has said a couple times he would not feel comfortable dealing with Joe at this point in time and I understand that completely. I also think that Dumars wants to make a big splash if he deals Prince and the Bucks don't have that big splash player.

I also think Dumars might be reluctant to trade a standout player like Prince to the Bucks and enhance their chances for improvement - perhaps in significant fashion.
Nothing will not break me.
europa
RealGM

Post#765 » by europa » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:38 pm

trwi7 wrote:One thing I don't get is why is Yi off the table in trades? Obviously marketing and all that stuff but Fegan and everybody else associated with him will want him to start or if not start get more minutes. Is he really ready to be part of a team that isn't in a rebuild? I would think he would be one of our more valuable trade chips.

Maybe nobody is offering anything decent for him.
steger_3434
RealGM
And1: 5,481

Post#766 » by steger_3434 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:38 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:I'd really prefer to go after Josh Howard. He can defend and fill it up.

For a trade that would probably tick most everyone off here in some respect one might be Redd/8 for Josh Howard/Stackhouse/Brandon Bass.

Howard would be a nice addition, and as everyone knows I hate Redd, I still think that the 8 PLUS Redd is too much to give up. To me the Mavs shouldn't value Howard a ton more than Redd. They have to do something since what they have been doing isn't working. Obviously Dirk is staying so Howard to them is viewd as a great complimentery piece. Does Dallas get worse with swapping Redd for Howard? I don't think so. Do they get better? Maybe not, but possibly.

So if I view Howard as only slightly better than Redd (given Dallas's situation) then it comes down to Stackhouse and Bass for the 8th. Everyone would agree that is way to much to give up.
yiyiyi wrote:give rockets Redd ,houston give you T-MAC in return .please help rockets!
i dont want see that woman anymore !
xTitan
RealGM

Post#767 » by xTitan » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:38 pm

trwi7 wrote:One thing I don't get is why is Yi off the table in trades? Obviously marketing and all that stuff but Fegan and everybody else associated with him will want him to start or if not start get more minutes. Is he really ready to be part of a team that isn't in a rebuild? I would think he would be one of our more valuable trade chips.

I think he is off the table more for the reason they do not believe they could get equal value for him. I believe the Bucks feel he is a much better player than he has shown and if you dealt him now you won't get equal value....young bigs take a little time, the Bucks have time to develop him.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#768 » by Chuck Diesel » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:39 pm

It looks like the chances of Love being available at # 8 are getting better. Has anyone talked themselves into Alexander to the point that they would take him over Love now?
europa
RealGM

Post#769 » by europa » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:40 pm

I agree with steger. Redd for Howard/Stackhouse is a fair trade for both teams. Redd plus the 8th pick is too much to give up to get back Stackhouse and Bass (although I do like Bass quite a bit). But it doesn't sound like Redd is on the block right now so it's probably pointless to speculate about Redd trades at the present time.
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#770 » by REDDzone » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:40 pm

midranger wrote:I just talked to my inside source.

Guys, sit down. There are things being discussed, lots of things. Some big, some small. Some nothing at all. In the draft we will either move up, stay put, move back, or deal out. Of this, I'm sure. I can't give you anymore, though I wish I could. Some people are on the right track with their proposals even while being totally wrong. If the Bucks do stay at 8, there is a player that they will draft. I can also tell you with a certain degree of probability that there will be a trade at some point. I can't get into to specifics obviously, but rest assured phones are ringing somewhere. Some of you will be disappointed, while the rest will not be.

Oh wait, I was wrong. Or was I?

One thing is for sure, I'll be proven right after this all plays out.

Absolutely classic.

And my source confirmed everything you said, but you should be careful when you give so much away, or else you may lose your source.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
xTitan
RealGM

Post#771 » by xTitan » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:41 pm

Chuck Diesel wrote:It looks like the chances of Love being available at # 8 are getting better. Has anyone talked themselves into Alexander to the point that they would take him over Love now?

Have the Bucks worked out Love? Have they interviewed Love? Have they brought in any of Love's people?...................
europa
RealGM

Post#772 » by europa » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:41 pm

Chuck Diesel wrote:It looks like the chances of Love being available at # 8 are getting better. Has anyone talked themselves into Alexander to the point that they would take him over Love now?

I hope John Hammond hasn't.
mcfromage
Veteran
And1: 840

Post#773 » by mcfromage » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:43 pm

I'd definitely support this deal.
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#774 » by REDDzone » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:44 pm

xTitan wrote:

Have the Bucks worked out Love? Have they interviewed Love? Have they brought in any of Love's people?...................

The weird part is that I believe he was scheduled for a work-out at one point, but it never came to fruition. Whether we canceled it (doubtful) or he did, I'm not sure.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
xTitan
RealGM

Post#775 » by xTitan » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:48 pm

This isn't rocket science guys, from what we have learned about Hammond, he has surrounded himself with alot of quality personnel people, he is anal but he is very decisive, he will make a decision through hard work and studying the situation and do it...plus he wants guys who want to be here. Hammond has brought in 3 players who they had believed could be worthy of the #8 pick, Greene has since gone away, 2 of those players are very much in play, when you have quality people you take everyone's opinions and make a decision............Westbrook and Mayo have turned them down and they did not reach out to Love.....that tells me if they stay at 8 it will be one of the 2 they have in or if they feel they can get a better deal for a vet and move some players they will. I am guessing many won't like what they end up doing one way or another....that is the feeling I get.
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM
And1: 42

Post#776 » by carmelbrownqueen » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:49 pm

xTitan wrote:

They haven't worked him out, but from my understanding that wasn't from a lack of trying to get him in, sounds like his schedule never permitted that to happen and he had a promise to go higher than us. Bet he regrets not working out for us now, since it seems like he could be available when we pick.
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan

"We don't accept anything but winning. We don't accept anything but playing hard." - John Hammond
bango_the_buck
Bench Warmer
And1: 149

Post#777 » by bango_the_buck » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:49 pm

mcfromage wrote:I'd prefer CV/Dez/8 for RJ/21 then take Speights or Douglas-Roberts at 21.

I'd prefer Wallace for CV/Dez/#8.
Scott Skiles on being compared by reporters to Hall of Fame coach Pat Riley: "If I thought you guys knew anything, I'd be flattered."
europa
RealGM

Post#778 » by europa » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:50 pm

If he takes Randolph instead of Love I may start a petition to bring back Larry Harris.

Well I probably won't go that far.

But I might feel like it Thursday night. :D
mcfromage
Veteran
And1: 840

Post#779 » by mcfromage » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:52 pm

bango_the_buck wrote:
mcfromage wrote:I'd prefer CV/Dez/8 for RJ/21 then take Speights or Douglas-Roberts at 21.

I'd prefer Wallace for CV/Dez/#8.

Gerald Wallace? I guess I'd agree, although his concussion toward the end of last season scared me. I love his game, totally balls out player, but that aggressive style has led to too many head injuries. He's still one of my favorites though.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#780 » by Chuck Diesel » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:53 pm

xTitan wrote:

I guarantee the Bucks have done their homework on Love, even if he hasn't been in for a workout. The fact that he hasn't taken a tour of the cousins center or gone out to Mo's steakhouse with the Bucks staff will mean absolutely nothing if he slips and is there at 8. I'm sure they'd take a very long hard look at him.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks