NY Post Says: Jefferson Not Happy about Trade

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

MilBucksBackOnTop06
Banned User
And1: 14

NY Post Says: Jefferson Not Happy about Trade 

Post#1 » by MilBucksBackOnTop06 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:18 am

Well I knew it.... :banghead:

Two days ago I asked in a thread, where is Jefferson? Why hasn''t he commented on the trade one way or another!? Now our fears and speculation has been answered...

And sure as hell you read up there on the ticker here, he is not happy with the trade to come to Milwaukee says Rod Thorn. Go read it yourself...in black and white.

This is not :nonono: good....but it is July 1st tuesday. when you can start bringing in free agents. Trade his ass and get a PF then. Don't mess around with this foolishness.

I like Richard Jefferson but dont bring no jackass :eyebrows: here who does not want to be here! Lets not play this crap again! I would launch him in the next week.

It is unfortunate because basically we gave up Yi for him but find a player who makes what he makes for two years and swing the deal and get rid of him...

Perhaps I am slightly offended and it is hard to be traded for the first time...But this is not a good start. It has to be rewarding being wanted and needed by a team as well isn't it?

But I say lets move on...

I will wait to see what Richard says like a man himself, and not through text messages. But he should have checked in by now if everything was cool or some talk show should have lined up an interview by now and found out where he stood!

But it is official....Richard Jefferson is not happy! :waaa: :waaa: :waaa: :waaa:

THORN SAYS JEFFERSON NOT 'HAPPY'
By FRED KERBER

Last updated: 3:15 am
June 30, 2008

Richard Jefferson has checked in with the NetsNew Jersey Nets . He is not amused.

Jefferson, traded to Milwaukee for promising 7-footer Yi Jianlian and veteran Bobby Simmons, responded via text message to Nets team president Rod Thorn.

"He didn't seem very happy," said Thorn, who emphasized yesterday he had not yet spoken to Jefferson. "I spoke to his agent, I called him, texted him. I like Richard. He was here for a long time and I'm sure he still expected to be here. Unless you are the one pushing for it, it's always difficult when you are traded. You are going to a new place, have new teammates. It's hard at first."
Chapter29
RealGM
And1: 1,224

Re: NY Post Says: Jefferson Not Happy To Come! Ho Hum... 

Post#2 » by Chapter29 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:28 am

Did someone expect him to be happy to be traded?

People don't like change.
uesbc
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#3 » by uesbc » Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:36 am

I thought that it was odd that Jefferson hadn't commented on this deal since it went down. I guess he is sad to leave New Jersey. He had to suspect something. They got rid of Kidd and were shopping Vince. Plus Jefferson plays Lebron's position so he was gonna get moved eventually.
BrewCityBBQ
Analyst
And1: 79

Post#4 » by BrewCityBBQ » Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:38 am

He'll get over it. Once he see's we have a Lake and a River, it will be a dream come true.
drew881
RealGM
And1: 5,000

Post#5 » by drew881 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:51 am

You are perhaps twisting the words of the article into a hyper sensitive Richard Jefferson doesn't want to COME to Milwaukee statement when the article says that Richard Jefferson is not happy that he was traded, meaning perhaps, he is upset about LEAVING NJ. It really is two separate things, considering maybe that he only wanted to play for one team.

After Yi's fiasco and knowing that no free agents really choose to come to milwaukee, I think we are all a bit sensitive in defending the city, and interpret things personally when they might not be.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,976

Post#6 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:04 pm

This is a big deal over nothing.
Wise1
RealGM
And1: 256

Post#7 » by Wise1 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:10 pm

Richard undoubtedly was quite comfortable in the New York / New Jersey area. He lives a unique lifestyle and now will, by distance, be cut off from his circle of trust. New city, new relationships, new commitments and responsibilites....a chore.

The offcourt adjustments are probably the most frustrating for ANY player that has spent as much time with one team as Jefferson has with the Nets. However, once "basketball" starts, the love of the game and competition tends to redirect players. The LAST place Chris Weber wanted to be traded to was Sacramento. Once he adjusted, he signed a big deal to stay there long term.

I agree with drew881 when he says that the article doesn't necessarily mean that Richard is unhappy coming to Milwaukee. It could simply mean that he's upset that he was traded at all.
BuckFan25226
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,020

Post#8 » by BuckFan25226 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:30 pm

This is anything but surprising. I'll start to worry when RJ starts threatening he won't report and starts demanding an immediate trade.
"didnt you watch the game with the raptors?bucks is also a playoff team ,they have enough ability to find wins from dalas and utach,
blow jazzs bitches and mavericks bitches out !"

- yiyiyi
andonewheel
Rookie
And1: 16

Re: NY Post Says: Jefferson Not Happy about Trade 

Post#9 » by andonewheel » Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:58 pm

Can we just have a press conference introducing him already?
smooth 'lil balla
Assistant Coach
And1: 8

Post#10 » by smooth 'lil balla » Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:12 pm

Jbizzness wrote:He'll get over it. Once he see's we have a Lake and a River, it will be a dream come true.

That was funny. Good stuff.
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#11 » by paul » Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:14 pm

Funny, I expected him to be doing cartwheels. Seriously, did ANYONE think he was going to be happy about being traded? That doesn't mean he hates Milwaukee or doesn't want to play here or hates the coach or his new teammates or or or or. All it means is that he's p****ed he was traded, surprise surprise. Noone enjoys being made to feel unwanted, nobody enjoys having to uproot their family and move away from their friends, and no pro ball player on earth would enjoy getting a call from their agent saying they were about to be shipped by the team they've given their heart and soul for many years. I'm pretty sure Rod Thorn wasn't expecting a smiley face in his text message. Seriously just chill out.
halfHAVOC
Assistant Coach
And1: 176

Post#12 » by halfHAVOC » Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:14 pm

lol he prolly just doesn't wanna move to milwaukee cuz he lives in NY , i know i wouldn't..........its just too different.

doubt its that big a deal tho nobody's happy when they first get traded unless they demand it.
Stream My New Basketball Anthem "KING": https://ampl.ink/7QwkY
Bballer2306
Rookie

Post#13 » by Bballer2306 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:19 pm

We have not even heard anything from Jefferson yet, that was just Rod Thorn speaking.

You twisted his words also. Of course Jefferson is not happy about the trade, but that does not mean he does not want to play for Milwaukee. Jefferson has not even commented on anything yet, so I would not worry.

No matter what happens now he is not going back to New Jersey. So he has two options.....

1. Play for Milwaukee Bucks
2. Leave the NBA

I think we all know which option he would choose. He will be playing for Milwaukee next season, I guarantee it.
Debit One
Starter
And1: 87

Post#14 » by Debit One » Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:19 pm

Wise1 wrote:He lives a unique lifestyle and now will, by distance, be cut off from his circle of trust. .

What does that mean?
Neapolitan Buck
Sixth Man

Post#15 » by Neapolitan Buck » Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:26 pm

Do you really expected he was going to be happy immediately? he needs time to adjust to a new reality. I trust in Hammond to make him undestand we are trying to be competitive as soon as possible, hoping that he will be happy to marry our project.
Wise1
RealGM
And1: 256

Post#16 » by Wise1 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:36 pm

Debit One wrote:
Wise1 wrote:He lives a unique lifestyle and now will, by distance, be cut off from his circle of trust. .

What does that mean?

If you don't know, don't ask me. ;)
pilprin
Pro Prospect
And1: 87

Post#17 » by pilprin » Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:37 pm

Let's be honest, who would want to be traded to the Bucks? We have sucked over the past few years and have been the poster child for NBA failure ever since the big 3/Michael Jordan fiasco.

Let's not kid ourselves, we are not pretty.

With Jefferson we are looking better, but we still have a poor point gard situation and #4 is weak. We have a long way to go to be respectable. We drafted where we did for a reason.

I am hoping for better things, but come on...
GrandAdmiralDan
RealGM
And1: 1,291

Post#18 » by GrandAdmiralDan » Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:41 pm

Debit One wrote:

What does that mean?

Wise is referring to something that is one of those things you'd have to tread carefully on if it were to be discussed in a venue such as this forum. To many people it's not exactly a revelation, but at the same time it isn't widely known either. And if someone wishes to keep their private life private, I personally choose to respect their privacy.

I considered not even writing what I just wrote, but I figured the above two posts would end up getting responded to anyway, so I choose to make a suggestion that we just leave that alone.
Pressey
Sophomore

Post#19 » by Pressey » Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:43 pm

Of the course the guy is going to be a little upset, and shocked he was traded, but he will go where the money is. Once we gets here he will see that the Bucks have more talent than the Nets.

You also have to look at who is saying this. Of course the Nets GM wants to make it sound like everyone loves the organization and wants to stay. This guy has to pull off two years of PR spin in hopes Lebron lands there.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,976

Post#20 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:44 pm

There are 13.2 million reasons why he will be very happy here.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks