ImageImage

NY Post Says: Jefferson Not Happy about Trade

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

jokeboy86
General Manager
And1: 5,461

Re: NY Post Says: Jefferson Not Happy about Trade 

Post#41 » by jokeboy86 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:43 pm

Unfortunately, until they start winning the Bucks will always be one of these teams where players simply do not want to be especially when they're losing. Any team in California or the South will always have an advantage over us as well cause its warmer too. Basically every team in the Northwest would be in the same category as us if they each did not have more recent success than us. I mean lets face it Milwaukee is probably the least desirable place to play in the East. Players would rather go to even Charlotte than come here. But don't worry Minnesota is about to go through the same thing.

If the Utah Jazz ever start losing they would jump to #1 of least desirable places to play guaranteed. But for people saying he's just mad cause he got traded to a doormat team or traded at all, lets be realistic. You think he would've been this mad if he got traded to the Knicks or Clippers? And they're in much worst situations than we are.
vlietinho
Veteran
And1: 480

Post#42 » by vlietinho » Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:47 pm

WRau1 wrote:If thats the case, I wonder how he feels about playing next to God's number 1 super fan.

RJ's wiki page says his parents are Christian Missionaries.. So I guess that wont be a problem :lol:
BuckFan25226
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,020

Post#43 » by BuckFan25226 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:50 pm

vlietinho wrote:
WRau1 wrote:If thats the case, I wonder how he feels about playing next to God's number 1 super fan.

RJ's wiki page says his parents are Christian Missionaries.. So I guess that wont be a problem :lol:

:lol:
europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#44 » by europa » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:06 pm

I think it would be in the Bucks' best interests if they worked overtime to get something set up with Jefferson so the local media could interview him. It wouldn't have to be a full-blown press conference, but at least set up a conference call with him. The longer things go on without him commenting the worse it looks. It may be nothing but appearances do matter - especially when you're talking about a major acquisition like Jefferson is.
Nothing will not break me.
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM
And1: 42

Post#45 » by carmelbrownqueen » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:10 pm

europa wrote:I think it would be in the Bucks' best interests if they worked overtime to get something set up with Jefferson so the local media could interview him. It wouldn't have to be a full-blown press conference, but at least set up a conference call with him. The longer things go on without him commenting the worse it looks. It may be nothing but appearances do matter - especially when you're talking about a major acquisition like Jefferson is.
Absolutely. We need to hear something from the guy.. if we can't get a press conference out of him, then perhaps some 5 minute interviews with local sports radio where he says all the right things briefly while highlighting that he is extremely busy this offseason.

The full fledged Press Conference can be delayed if we at least get that.
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan

"We don't accept anything but winning. We don't accept anything but playing hard." - John Hammond
GrandAdmiralDan
RealGM
And1: 1,293

Post#46 » by GrandAdmiralDan » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:22 pm

adamcz wrote:GAD do you have a real source on that

Yes.
But I don't really want to discuss that particular subject here, for a number of reasons, so you'll have to excuse me for not elaborating.

carmelbrownqueen wrote:We already know how Yi feels.. The kid has on his shades and is waiting to go kick it at the 40/40 Club with Jay-Z. Bobby wanted to be traded during the season, and although he was happy Kryskowiak is gone and perhaps was happy with the hiring of Skiles.. I doubt he is losing sleep over being traded. The only one probably cursing about this deal from a Bucks standpoint is CV. He would have loved to be moved closer to home and not have to "possibly" face playing basketball the right way under a coach that will definitely bench him for his laziness.

The only issue I can see Simmons having is not being in such close proximity to his family in Chicago. That was part of the appeal for him when he chose to sign here, and that factored in to his getting a 15% trade kicker. He wanted there to be something that lessened the likelihood of him being traded away without his consent.

BuckFan25226 wrote:If people aren't mature enough to handle that

Unfortunately plenty of people are not.
I figured by not being specific that it might not register with our least intelligent readers who would be the most likely to be immature about it. I figured the vast and overwhelming majority of people here would figure out what was being referred to and would likewise leave it alone.

I don't know, I just prefer to be more reserved when discussing certain aspects of someone's life if they choose to keep it private or are not explicitly open about it.
There was already a comment about it, followed by a query about that comment, before I said anything, and I attempted to steer us away from that topic, but that didn't really work I guess ;)
fam3381
General Manager
And1: 172

Post#47 » by fam3381 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:23 pm

From Hoopsworld, with the usual Hoopsworld disclaimers :) Nothing earth-shattering though.

Jefferson Upset With Trade: Richard Jefferson responded to text messages from Nets president Rod Thorn with some choice words. RJ was not happy that he was the guy traded on draft night, he was under the belief that he was a cornerstone, and being packed out was problematic for him. Jefferson has long been a fan of the New York area lifestyle, and a frequent visitor at nightclubs and restaurants. Being shipped to Milwaukee, if anything, was a culture shock. RJ wasn't bashing Milwaukee or the Bucks; he was upset with how he was told of the trade and the fact that he was led to believe he was returning to the Nets this year. RJ is mad because he was traded. He's not mad at Milwaukee – at least not yet anyway.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=9282
Retired Bucks blogger. Occasional Bucks podcaster.
drew881
RealGM
And1: 5,005

Post#48 » by drew881 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:23 pm

Wow, Richard Jefferson must be the only gay man on the planet to have a "unique" lifestyle...
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,601

Post#49 » by Bernman » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:27 pm

The news orgs are out of control with sensationalist headlines today. First, who is happy when they're traded, regardless of destination. It sends a disrespectful message that you weren't a valuable member of your previous organization. I didn't see any quotes about his destination, but that was the implication. Second, "Bucks looking to get rid of Villanueva immediately". Yeah, I'm sure our general manager sent that memo around the league, therefore lowering our compensation potential. We're not desperate to the point where we'll trade him for Adonal Foyle or Brian Cardinal. We'd just prefer to flip him into somebody more valuable to our team. If we can't get anybody valuable, might as well keep him and bring him off the bench for a year. He's not going to single-handly destruct our team Cheeseburger style.
GrandAdmiralDan
RealGM
And1: 1,293

Post#50 » by GrandAdmiralDan » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:28 pm

fam3381 wrote:From Hoopsworld, with the usual Hoopsworld disclaimers :) Nothing earth-shattering though.

Jefferson Upset With Trade: Richard Jefferson responded to text messages from Nets president Rod Thorn with some choice words. RJ was not happy that he was the guy traded on draft night, he was under the belief that he was a cornerstone, and being packed out was problematic for him. Jefferson has long been a fan of the New York area lifestyle, and a frequent visitor at nightclubs and restaurants. Being shipped to Milwaukee, if anything, was a culture shock. RJ wasn't bashing Milwaukee or the Bucks; he was upset with how he was told of the trade and the fact that he was led to believe he was returning to the Nets this year. RJ is mad because he was traded. He's not mad at Milwaukee – at least not yet anyway.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=9282

It seems like after other attempts at communication didn't work, RJ was informed about being traded by text message. I wonder what that 160 character or text looked like.
Something like:
"Im sorry RJ. The Nets just aren't that into u."

;)
drew881
RealGM
And1: 5,005

Post#51 » by drew881 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:30 pm

GrandAdmiralDan wrote:
adamcz wrote:
I don't know, I just prefer to be more reserved when discussing certain aspects of someone's life if they choose to keep it private or are not explicitly open about it.
There was already a comment about it, followed by a query about that comment, before I said anything, and I attempted to steer us away from that topic, but that didn't really work I guess ;)

Maybe, but on the other hand on an internet board, this often comes off as "I know more than you do and look at the information you don't have." I don't necessarily see it this way, but I think it does fuel the flames for people to want to know even more.

As far as talking about athletes personal lives, I don't mind. Lets face it, this is an internet board and I highly doubt RJ reads this (our posters might give ourselves a little too much credit from time to time just because Charlie Bell comes on here or because some MJS articles are on the same topic of some of our threds, which isn't fishy or highly coincidental).

Also, I think talking about someone's sexual orientation is fair game, as honestly, in the present time this is becoming less and less of an issue as it was in say the 1970s or 1980s. If one can talk about it completely openly, even to the point of speculating that someone is gay, without it being an issue, offensive or damaging - that is when things would be the most tolerant.
fam3381
General Manager
And1: 172

Post#52 » by fam3381 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:32 pm

I had forgotten about this, but RJ was charged with choking a dude at a club last month.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/wolves/18734054.html
Retired Bucks blogger. Occasional Bucks podcaster.
Red Vines
RealGM
And1: 8,700

Post#53 » by Red Vines » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:44 pm

Knicks fans call RJ "RGay" but mainly because he played for the Nets...I don't believe he is gay. Also I think it is probably an unfair stereotype because of his voice combined with the fact that he is very articulate and comes across a bit too sophisticated. Just my 2 pennies.
unklchuk
Head Coach
And1: 94

Post#54 » by unklchuk » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:46 pm

My UU church just called a new minister. She's many things, including gay. The vote to call her was 295-to-1 in a congregation that is 80-90% heterosexual. IT JUST DOESN'T MATTER. I understand folks going "discrete" on the matter, but before too long we'll even get past that. Sexual orientation will be just another descriptor, like hair color.

I've kinda wished a time or two, when the subject's come up, that someone would accuse me of being gay. All I'd say is: if I am I don't care that you know. And if I'm not, I don't care that you think I am. IT JUST DOESN'T MATTER.

That's what's neat about upcoming generations (says the old guy). They don't *overcome* the biases and false concerns of previous generations. Instead, those prejudices just aren't in their field of vision. They don't see them. That's much more effective than inheriting the prejudices and having to "process them" into insignificance.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,079

Post#55 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:49 pm

I think we've discussed his personal life enough.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM
And1: 42

Post#56 » by carmelbrownqueen » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:57 pm

There are more than a few guys in the NBA who live alternative lifestyles, and I don't see that as a big deal to be honest. Whatever makes a person happy. As long as they play to the best of their abilities I could care less about their sexual orientation.. that's why I said although it's a culture shock there are plenty of opportunities in Milwaukee county and Chicago for him. He'll find that out soon enough though once he gets here.

I saw that story on the choking incident. From my understanding RJ was at a party being thrown by Vince Carter even though it was initially reported that he was at an unknown person's party. I think I also read that he denied choking this guy. The initial hearing was a couple of weeks ago I believe. I didn't click on the link so I don't know if I am repeating the same things already printed in the article.
gobbler
Junior
And1: 0

Post#57 » by gobbler » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:15 pm

Let's just hope that this is because Jefferson is a guy who buys into a team concept and is a team loyal guy. If so, he could very well buy into whatever Skiles and Hammond are selling and be a good influence.

As for his lifestyle, New York is a much bigger scene for most things than just about anyplace else in the U.S., but let's not speculate too much. It seems more like Milwaukeeans are a bit supersensitive to any slight, as if they are looking to reasons to believe they are being dissed by outsiders. Milwaukee has gotten notably better recently and I think it is about time its residents stop feeling defensive and start feeling truly proud.
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#58 » by WRau1 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:22 pm

fam3381 wrote:I had forgotten about this, but RJ was charged with choking a dude at a club last month.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/wolves/18734054.html

Sweet Jesus I hope the person that he choked was a hooker.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
halfHAVOC
Assistant Coach
And1: 176

Post#59 » by halfHAVOC » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:03 pm

RJ is not gay or bisexual

my friend's sister's best friend dated him so im pretty sure hes straight hes also dated supermodels and has never been with a man.

its all just BS rumours, nothing is fact until proven.
TheGhostDog
Senior
And1: 2

Post#60 » by TheGhostDog » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:21 pm

Well if RJ was living an "alternative" lifestyle it might explain the comically phobic reaction of Nets teammate Marcus Williams in this clip (at about 14 seconds in and repeated):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDsPq3dX ... re=related

On the plus side, Bogut now has a teammate who can relate to his air-high-five experience.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zc11PUnFgkQ

Return to Milwaukee Bucks