ImageImage

New Signing - Could be Chris Andersen

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,643

Re: New Signing 

Post#221 » by Profound23 » Wed Jul 9, 2008 7:16 pm

wichmae wrote:With a little further investigation I feel comfortable posting this:

Its Chris Anderson. He was in town recently on a visit and met with some people. Apparently there was a misunderstanding in my original attempts to find out this. He was not yet offered a contract but still I guess is being discussed. Those of you who actually wanted to know now know.

It I guess was a two year deal being discussed but nothing is imminent. I also know Marcus Haislip is another guy alot of teams are looking at including us. We will see over the next week which way things go with Anderson. I was wrong he has not apparently been offered a contract as of yet. I thought he was last night.

I WIN I WIN.

Everyone hide your cocaine and LSD.

It would be funny because when we drafted Alexander I predicted an all white front court at some point.
jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#222 » by jerrod » Wed Jul 9, 2008 7:17 pm

i guess i just still don't see why we'd want him

the hornets got a look at what he could still do last year and won't even offer him the minimum?
GrandAdmiralDan
RealGM
And1: 1,291

Post#223 » by GrandAdmiralDan » Wed Jul 9, 2008 7:18 pm

andonewheel wrote:4. The mystical sources don't want to mention specifics because this is the Milwaukee Bucks RealGM forum and any thread can quickly explode into a national news story.

Don't be so naively sarcastic on that point.
Your attempt at sarcasm actually is saying something that is true.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,244

Re: New Signing - Could be Chris Anderson 

Post#224 » by paulpressey25 » Wed Jul 9, 2008 7:21 pm

I edited the title......

The Birdman was looking at becoming a full MLE type player four years ago. I thought he was on speed when he played. He was one heck of a game changer for 5-10 minute bursts with shotblocking and rebounding.

I'd be for this if we are talking minimum money. But this still doesn't address the "banger" as starting 4 type situation.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,788

Post#225 » by Ayt » Wed Jul 9, 2008 7:22 pm

We sure are upgrading our athleticism in a hurry. I always liked Bird as an off the bench big man that can bring some energy. Hopefully he can be what Gadz was supposed to be.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,271

Post#226 » by LUKE23 » Wed Jul 9, 2008 7:23 pm

That was my point press. How many athletic tweener types do we need? We need a 260-270 pound guy who can lean on bigs in the post.
ClassicJack
Lead Assistant
And1: 967

Post#227 » by ClassicJack » Wed Jul 9, 2008 7:24 pm

GrandAdmiralDan wrote:
andonewheel wrote:4. The mystical sources don't want to mention specifics because this is the Milwaukee Bucks RealGM forum and any thread can quickly explode into a national news story.

Don't be so naively sarcastic on that point.
Your attempt at sarcasm actually is saying something that is true.

Okay no doubt realgm has went beyond the internets before and undoubtedly will again but all this for a Chris Anderson signing that didn't even happen? I like wichmae and all but this is The Lame.
F*** Marc Davis, f*** Tim Donaghy and f*** David Stern as a staff, record label and as a mothaf**kin crew......and if you wanna be down with Stern then F*** YOU TOO!!! Stu Jackson f*** you too.....all you mothaf**kas F*** YOU TOO!!!!
TripleDouble
Senior
And1: 19

Post#228 » by TripleDouble » Wed Jul 9, 2008 7:29 pm

wichmae wrote:With a little further investigation I feel comfortable posting this:

Its Chris Anderson. He was in town recently on a visit and met with some people. Apparently there was a misunderstanding in my original attempts to find out this. He was not yet offered a contract but still I guess is being discussed. Those of you who actually wanted to know now know.

It I guess was a two year deal being discussed but nothing is imminent. I also know Marcus Haislip is another guy alot of teams are looking at including us. We will see over the next week which way things go with Anderson. I was wrong he has not apparently been offered a contract as of yet. I thought he was last night.

Wow, good reply. I honestly was not expecting that. I was more or less commenting on what you thought you could post in the start of the thread.

While it is inside info and may be clear to you, it is very obscure to the rest of us. Outside of it spurring discussion I see little point to it. This last post however is something that we can actually chew on.

For the record I do not believe someone who posts rumors like this should be ripped if they do not occur, as long as they are legit rumors. I have a family member who is a personal consultant to the current GBP coach, and there are things I know that go on behind the scenes that I don’t' feel comfortable telling. When MM first took over he was very much looking to turn the Packers D to a 3-4 scheme, and I posted some of the info on a message board. Obviously it did not happen (for various reasons), and as a result my family member and I were ridiculed as being the drunk guys at a wedding throwing a bunch of junk around hoping anyone would listen on that board. Even though it didn't happen, I know my source is extremely legit as I have been with him while he talked to MM. I do not post info anymore because of it, but I do not believe anyone posting rumors should be responsible for something falling through.

I definitely give you credit for posting names, but you should never feel forced to or feel responsible if it doesn't happen.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks

Post#229 » by paulpressey25 » Wed Jul 9, 2008 7:29 pm

If Birdman comes cheap on a $1.5mm a year deal we need a guy like that. Someone to be a 3rd string center and an energy guy. He'll probably beat out Gadz and most likely Birdman is better than Voskuhl as long as Birdman stays clean.

I see this as a good roster filler move, but it in no way addresses our defense issues at starting PG and starting PF with Mo and CV.

fam3381
General Manager
And1: 171

Post#230 » by fam3381 » Wed Jul 9, 2008 7:32 pm

Btw, it's spelled Andersen...I wouldn't want anyone to have their authentic jersey printed up incorrectly :)

From what I recall of him, I don't think size should be that big of a concern with him. In the seasons where he's gotten major minutes his rebound rate has always been over 16%, which is average or better for a center and above average for a PF.

Even Al Horford gets pushed around by big centers, so if that's your standard for judging our backup PF/C you're probably going to be disappointed. And if you go with a bigger guy like Krstic then you've got size but no quickness. For a couple million per season you're not going to find the perfect guy unfortunately. Curious to see if this happens.
Retired Bucks blogger. Occasional Bucks podcaster.
Debit One
Starter
And1: 87

Post#231 » by Debit One » Wed Jul 9, 2008 7:39 pm

I pity the poster who this morning thought we might be getting Josh Smith, went to work, and will log on this evening to find out that instead of Smith we're getting a drug-addled Birdman.
oshmeehan
Banned User
And1: 0

Re: New Signing - Could be Chris Andersen 

Post#232 » by oshmeehan » Wed Jul 9, 2008 7:39 pm

What about Ersan instead of Birdman or Ersan in addition to Birdman. While its not much of an upgrade over Ruffin and Voskuhl last season, Ersan and Birdman is still a better duo than Ruffin and Big Jake.

Will Ersan's decision to come back to the Bucks be made this week??
smooth 'lil balla
Assistant Coach
And1: 8

Post#233 » by smooth 'lil balla » Wed Jul 9, 2008 7:39 pm

The guy can block shots like a frickin maniac. We're talking Marcus Camby/Kirilenko levels. It'd be nice to have him here. Good role player.
GrandAdmiralDan
RealGM
And1: 1,291

Post#234 » by GrandAdmiralDan » Wed Jul 9, 2008 7:43 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:I thought he was on speed when he played.

Maybe he was ;)
97-98
Nick Van Exel (LAL) on defending the Stockton-Malone pick-and-roll: "Yeah,
I got a way to defend it. Bring a bat to the game and kill one of them."
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#235 » by EastSideBucksFan » Wed Jul 9, 2008 7:43 pm

I'd like Chris Andersen a lot more if it means Gadz is on his way out of town.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,271

Post#236 » by LUKE23 » Wed Jul 9, 2008 7:43 pm

Andersen's block rate is 1.3 blocks in 16.4 minutes for career. That is a higher per minute rate than both Camby/AK for career, but obviously it's easier to put up those kind of rates in small minute samples (see Gadzuric for example).
Diggr14
Analyst
And1: 1,151

Post#237 » by Diggr14 » Wed Jul 9, 2008 7:43 pm

Bring back Haislip so the 3 people that bought Haislip jerseys in purple can wear them with pride!
Khris Middleton - Beating up on Trash Can Teams since 1943. Invisible Man status otherwise.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks

Post#238 » by paulpressey25 » Wed Jul 9, 2008 7:47 pm

Debit One wrote:I pity the poster who this morning thought we might be getting Josh Smith, went to work, and will log on this evening to find out that instead of Smith we're getting a drug-addled Birdman.

So, who is going to break the news to Kirby (Wise1)?

:lol:

andonewheel
Rookie
And1: 16

Post#239 » by andonewheel » Wed Jul 9, 2008 7:49 pm

As long as he gets a very small/short contract I'm ok with the signing. He can give us 15mpg off the bench as a decent backup PF.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks

Post#240 » by paulpressey25 » Wed Jul 9, 2008 7:49 pm

Diggr14 wrote:Bring back Haislip so the 3 people that bought Haislip jerseys in purple can wear them with pride!

Actually we've already got one trade to make me happy. I only buy my kids the traded player jerseys that are sold for 1/3 price in October. I think my kids will be sporting "Yi" road jerseys next season.

Buying them all Desmond jerseys in October of 2005 really paid off last season.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks