ImageImage

Gilbert Arenas talks smack about Milwaukee

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

ballerblogger
Junior
And1: 0

Gilbert Arenas talks smack about Milwaukee 

Post#1 » by ballerblogger » Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:59 pm

Sorry Bucks fan, I know you hate me already because of my comments on the Bogut deal but Agent Zero had this to say about the RJ signing:

"Richard Jefferson going to Milwaukee …. HAHAHA! Oh man, now that is funny. When I heard that, I started laughing. Oh man, did I start laughing. You know why? Because every player hates Milwaukee. Nobody wants to live in Milwaukee. I’m sorry, Milwaukee, to come down hard on you, but no one in the NBA wants to play in Milwaukee. From him going from New Jersey, actually from New York (because he lives in New York), from New York to Milwaukee is like going … let’s just say it’s not going to sit well with you. That was a funny one when I heard that one. I know Yi is happy though."

http://my.nba.com/thread.jspa?threadID=5700017915
Balls2TheWalls
RealGM
And1: 3,597

Re: Gilbert Arenas talks smack about Milwaukee 

Post#2 » by Balls2TheWalls » Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:02 pm

I expect no one to defend Milwaukee. I am not surprised to see tactless responses from NBA players. It would seem that they censor themselves less and less nowadays. Things like this make me more appreciative of players like Andrew Bogut, who love being here.
SupremeHustle wrote:Salmons might shoot us out of games, but SJAX shoots people out of parking lots. Think about it.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,237

Post#3 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:03 pm

I'm sorry but I can't take anyone named Gilbert seriously.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
BobbyLight
RealGM
And1: 1,546

Post#4 » by BobbyLight » Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:06 pm

It's hard to get upset about this. I think what he is saying is true, from the outside looking in, no one is dying to come here. But as has been said in the past, when players get here, they love it. There is a much longer list of players who loved it here (and displayed that with actions like year round homes here) then hated it here. Gilbert's just saying what he (and I bet a lot of other Millionare Athelets) think.
Balls2TheWalls
RealGM
And1: 3,597

Post#5 » by Balls2TheWalls » Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:07 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:I'm sorry but I can't take anyone named Gilbert seriously.

I am sure he is telling the truth, but this is the same guy that thinks he is a saint for taking like a $115M contract instead of a $127M contract. I think he defines selfish d-bag.
BuckFan25226
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,010

Post#6 » by BuckFan25226 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:08 pm

I know, it would seem he has a 10 year old write his blog for him. When the funny part is it's Gilby himself.
"didnt you watch the game with the raptors?bucks is also a playoff team ,they have enough ability to find wins from dalas and utach,
blow jazzs bitches and mavericks bitches out !"

- yiyiyi
DamirMarkota52
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#7 » by DamirMarkota52 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:13 pm

Arenas = D-Bag , enough said.
smooth 'lil balla
Assistant Coach
And1: 8

Post#8 » by smooth 'lil balla » Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:14 pm

yea, gilbert's a tool. I was suprised to see Grunfeld give him this coin. The guy is all about himself. He'll pout and literally not shoot all game just to prove a point.

He threatens the wizards that they only way he'll resign is if they sign Antawn.

And to rip on Milwaukee? I live in DC, i love it here, but it's probably the most pathetic sports town i can imagine. Going to wizards games makes one long to be anywhere but there, and i'm not kidding. Possibly the most pathetic NBA venue in the league. Definitely the worst enviornment i've been to.

And to top it all of, they're called...THE WIZARDS? That's just horrible.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,661

Post#9 » by MikeIsGood » Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:15 pm

I'm not sure I could care any less what Gilbert Arenas thinks of the deal and where RJ is going. Him suiting up and playing is all I care about.
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,308

Post#10 » by Mags FTW » Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:17 pm

:)
I had a few too many while I was sitting in the third row at a Bucks-Wiz game. He dribbled over near us and I yelled, "Hey Gilbert! Your name is Gilbert!"

One of those things that you think is really funny after 5 screwdrivers, but in retrospect no so much.
Jollay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 661

Post#11 » by Jollay » Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:20 pm

Don't sell yourself short, Mags--

That's funny.
BobbyLight
RealGM
And1: 1,546

Post#12 » by BobbyLight » Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:21 pm

Mags FTW wrote:

:)
I had a few too many while I was sitting in the third row at a Bucks-Wiz game. He dribbled over near us and I yelled, "Hey Gilbert! Your name is Gilbert!"

One of those things that you think is really funny after 5 screwdrivers, but in retrospect no so much.

I'm not even drunk and I got a kick out of that...
smooth 'lil balla
Assistant Coach
And1: 8

Post#13 » by smooth 'lil balla » Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:32 pm

Jollay wrote:Don't sell yourself short, Mags--

That's funny.

Agreed. That's funny $hit.
europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#14 » by europa » Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:35 pm

It's hard to argue with what Gilbert is saying because he's just being honest - most players don't want to play for the Bucks. And even if a player is going from a bad situation like the Nets were in this past season to Milwaukee, it's still being viewed as a major step down in the eyes of many players - especially the ones who care more about image than winning like Gilbert Arenas.

But what I find really amusing about Gilbert's comments is he seems oblivious to the fact that players aren't exactly rushing out to play for the Wizards either. Somebody might want to ask Gilbert if he knows when his team's last 50-win season was. Here's the answer:

Gilbert, it's been three decades since your team had what would be considered by most estimates to be a great season. By comparison, the Bucks' legacy in that time looks Celtics-esque. I always find it funny when players rip on Milwaukee and they happen to play for teams that have been even worse then the Bucks for a longer period of time. I think it reveals quite a bit about who they are and what they really care about.

I've said before that I think Arenas is arguably the most selfish player in the NBA. He's not a guy I'd want near my team since I don't think he has a true commitment to winning. The Wizards can have him and I wish them the best of luck trying to contend with him.
Nothing will not break me.
THE DINJ
Starter
And1: 121

Post#15 » by THE DINJ » Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:43 pm

No one would want to play in big D either, but they win. That's all we need to start doing.
cam2win
Veteran
And1: 7

Post#16 » by cam2win » Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:43 pm

This coming from a guy who gives himself nicknames.
MetroDrugUnit
Sixth Man
And1: 46

Post#17 » by MetroDrugUnit » Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:43 pm

He's still mad about the Bucks beating the Bullets back in the day. Honestly, that dude is a F%&*ing (Please Use More Appropriate Word) and I hope that he's happy getting knocked out of the playoffs every year in the first round
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,373

Post#18 » by trwi7 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:46 pm

europa wrote:I think it reveals quite a bit about who they are and what they really care about.

Well we know Gilbert doesn't care about the money. He took $111 million instead of $127 million to help the Wizards out!
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#19 » by europa » Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:47 pm

trwi7 wrote:
europa wrote:I think it reveals quite a bit about who they are and what they really care about.

Well we know Gilbert doesn't care about the money. He took $111 million instead of $127 million to help the Wizards out!

In Gilbert's eyes charity really does start at home.
Nothing will not break me.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,328

Post#20 » by crkone » Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:48 pm

Let fools say what they want. We know what we got here and that's all that matters.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |

Return to Milwaukee Bucks