ImageImage

Game Thread:Bucks v. Nuggets--9:30pmCST tonight

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

Balls2TheWalls
RealGM
And1: 3,635

Re: Game Thread:Bucks v. Nuggets--9:30pmCST tonight 

Post#201 » by Balls2TheWalls » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:20 am

I'm starting to become a fan of us getting Jeff Foster. CV + Des + future 2nd for Foster, then Mo for Haslem?
SupremeHustle wrote:Salmons might shoot us out of games, but SJAX shoots people out of parking lots. Think about it.
Nebula1
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#202 » by Nebula1 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:21 am

xTitan wrote:
I hate Mo, but it doesn't change the fact that Ramon is 10x better as a PG. Mo is a better shooter though...

The Bucks really do need some firepower off the bench.

Oh, I absolutely agree. Would Mo accept that? I don't know. I don't think we have any offense on the bench and that's a major issue to address. Also a main reason I don't want to trade Villanueva just yet. We don't have much offense.

Great scorers:

Redd
Jefferson

Good scorers:

Williams
Villanueva

Okay scorers:

Bogut
Sessions

Then there's everybody else.
europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#203 » by europa » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:22 am

paulpressey25 wrote:
xTitan wrote:right now the Bucks don't have a prime scorer coming off the bench.

CV....

After we trade Mo for Haslem or Varajao.....

I'm still holding out slim hope Mo for Haslem will work (or maybe shoot for the stars and try to get Marion) but if it doesn't Mo has proven he can excel as a sixth man. Villanueva? Not so much.
Nothing will not break me.
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM
And1: 42

Post#204 » by carmelbrownqueen » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:24 am

Ramon's PG instincts are just off the charts and we are so much better with him running the point. I know these games have been against summer league guys, some of which will never run a team or play meaningful minutes during a regular season game... but I don't see how anyone could fail to be impressed with how he sees the court. And yes I love that he can throw a lob pass..

Regarding Joe, I want to see him play more aggressively on the offensive end of the court but I can't be disappointed in his willingness to pass the ball. I think Joe is well aware that he will need to score when he can because our team (as currently constructed) is way too powerful and he will need to be able to score when he get the opportunity which won't be often. I like his shotblocking instincts and his willingness to help on defense.
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan

"We don't accept anything but winning. We don't accept anything but playing hard." - John Hammond
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,316

Post#205 » by paulpressey25 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:24 am

CV's only going to cost you about $8.0 million for the next two years......

Mo Williams.....$44 million.

Get out your Mastercard Herb Kohl.......
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Nebula1
RealGM

Post#206 » by Nebula1 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:26 am

Marion would be tight. I never wanted him before, but if Ramon is the starting PG, I'd like to see him have 4 scoring options. You just can't double anybody in that case, especially since Ramon is starting to show he can get to the rim. That's also a reason I'm not super excited about having a defensive stopper with no offensive game. That's one less weapon for Ramon. Marion would work really well. Not as ideal as Brand, but plenty effective.
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,340

Post#207 » by Mags FTW » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:27 am

It would be great if Mo accepted a Bobby Jackson-type role on the team and we started Sessions.
europa
RealGM

Post#208 » by europa » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:27 am

If I had to choose who to keep between Mo and Villanueva, I'd keep Villanueva. I've said all along I think trading Mo needs to be the No. 1 priority for this team this offseason. I think Mo is more talented but I think both of them have a style of play that undercuts the Bucks' chances for success. If I have to keep one of them, it comes down to money. Mo has a terrible contract and Villanueva doesn't. So I'll keep the cheaper guy and hope to move him at some point later on if it can't happen this summer.
Nebula1
RealGM

Post#209 » by Nebula1 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:28 am

I thought Joe played well. I think he's trying to be a cog in the team rather than the #8 pick. He passed on some open looks, played help D and hustled. As is confidence grows, so will his game. Tonight was the first time I'm leaving with a good feeling about the kid.
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,959

Post#210 » by Jez2983 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:28 am

Another thing is that Ramon had a block today. This, along with his two steals thus far in the summer league should put him in contention for All-D team honours.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
europa
RealGM

Post#211 » by europa » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:30 am

A friend of mine suggested Mo/Gadz for Marion if the Heat were unable to move him for anything better. I'm not sure the Heat would go for it but if they are hellbent on trading Marion perhaps they'd go for this deal. The problem is that's two bad contracts they'd be bringing in for an expiring so could that hamper their desire to sign Boozer next summer if he becomes a free agent?
Nebula1
RealGM

Post#212 » by Nebula1 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:32 am

europa wrote:If I had to choose who to keep between Mo and Villanueva, I'd keep Villanueva. I've said all along I think trading Mo needs to be the No. 1 priority for this team this offseason. I think Mo is more talented but I think both of them have a style of play that undercuts the Bucks' chances for success. If I have to keep one of them, it comes down to money. Mo has a terrible contract and Villanueva doesn't. So I'll keep the cheaper guy and hope to move him at some point later on if it can't happen this summer.

I agree and at the end of last season, Sessions and Villanueva were a decent connection. Villanueva is a NYC baller and needs to play in a style with a little bit of that essence. If he wouldn't jack the 3s, he can be pretty good.

Mo has to go first though. Not sure what the status of Bell is. Happy? No idea. He might be the current Bobby Simmons.

I'm also thrilled Bobby and Yi are gone. That move was better than anything Harris did.
europa
RealGM

Post#213 » by europa » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:32 am

carmelbrownqueen wrote:Ramon's PG instincts are just off the charts and we are so much better with him running the point. I know these games have been against summer league guys, some of which will never run a team or play meaningful minutes during a regular season game... but I don't see how anyone could fail to be impressed with how he sees the court. And yes I love that he can throw a lob pass..

He makes the game fun. He's the kind of PG you like to be on the court with because he'll get you the ball if you're open. He's constantly looking to create for others and he isn't looking to dominate the offense with his own shot selection. I'd be far less excited about his play in these Summer League games if he hadn't played at such a high level in NBA games late last season. What he did then was incredible. What he's doing now is showing it very likely wasn't a fluke. I think he's the real deal.
ffz2000
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#214 » by ffz2000 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:35 am

basically he's a million times better than Mo
europa
RealGM

Post#215 » by europa » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:37 am

ffz2000 wrote:basically he's a million times better than Mo

I was much more impressed with what I saw from Sessions last season than what I saw from Mo when he started in his first season with the Bucks. I've long said that I think most PGs either have it or they don't. Sessions has it. He'll make his share of mistakes and he absolutely needs to improve defensively but the skill set is impressive and his potential is high. I'd roll the dice with him as the starter this season if a veteran can't be acquired. I'm not sure the Bucks are entirely convinced he's ready but I think he's a much better option than the current alternative.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,316

Post#216 » by paulpressey25 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:40 am

Mo Nation right now is gathering quietly on the outskirts of town, ready to pillage the board tomorrow........I'm expecting nothing less than a full blown statistical analysis of how poor the Denver SL guards are and a dissertation on past SL PG's who put up gaudy stats but never did anything during the regular season..... 8-)
Nebula1
RealGM

Post#217 » by Nebula1 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:43 am

Ramon needs weapons though, to be truly effective. As the roster stands now, he's got 5.75 weapons in Redd, Jefferson, Bogut, Villanueva, Williams, Mason (.5) and Alexander (.25).

I'm guess if there's a move to be made, Hammond will make it after Summer is done, but I could also see him holding Mo until Sessions has shown his might against the regular season.
Nebula1
RealGM

Post#218 » by Nebula1 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:47 am

paulpressey25 wrote:Mo Nation right now is gathering quietly on the outskirts of town, ready to pillage the board tomorrow........I'm expecting nothing less than a full blown statistical analysis of how poor the Denver SL guards are and a dissertation on past SL PG's who put up gaudy stats but never did anything during the regular season..... 8-)

I thought Mo Nation was sacked by The Republic of Ramon....? :king:
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,249

Post#219 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:10 am

paulpressey25 wrote:Mo Nation right now is gathering quietly on the outskirts of town, ready to pillage the board tomorrow........I'm expecting nothing less than a full blown statistical analysis of how poor the Denver SL guards are and a dissertation on past SL PG's who put up gaudy stats but never did anything during the regular season..... 8-)

If Sessions comes in and wins the starting PG job I'll be more than thrilled. Why wouldn't I?

Where I have a problem is people going on blind faith that a second round pick with 17 games of NBA experience is ready to be the point guard in an offense featuring Redd, Jefferson and Bogut. If he were someone with a reputation as a lock-down defender (he's even worse than Mo) or he were a lotto pick that the franchise saw fit to invest in I might feel differently. But honestly, a run at the end of the season means absolutely nothing to me because it's happened time and time again by scrubs that never amount to anything in the NBA.

I would love nothing more than Sessions to be the real deal. What I'm not in favor of is giving away a young talent before he's had a chance under a legit coach and other offensive talent around him. Mo Williams and Michael Redd were the only capable scorers on the roster last season. Without either this team doesn't win twenty games.

I've been Redd's biggest critic for years. This summer I've said I'd like to see him stick around for the time being. There's talent on this team; I want to see if Skiles can get these guys to win.
RamonSessions
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#220 » by RamonSessions » Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:13 am

Blind faith ?

As time goes on more people are getting on the bandwagon......... because of what they're observing, people who've objectively looked at the situation.

Ramon has a much to improve on, only because he's obviously got potential to reach a very high level, just look to Bucks Assistant Coach Peterson on this, he's referred to his work w/ Nash when discussing the kid and Ramon has much more potential as far as his defense is concerned when lumped with Steve Nash. Skiles will push him, and I hope he pushes him to greatness. One thing is for sure, he's got the ability to just plain beat out Mo for that starting position if he hasn't been moved and I'm sure the many really observing him will agree on that.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks