Game Thread:Bucks v. Nuggets--9:30pmCST tonight

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Re: Game Thread:Bucks v. Nuggets--9:30pmCST tonight 

Post#221 » by europa » Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:20 am

I suppose the blind faith comes down to two questions:

1. Are you wiling to go on blind faith that what Sessions showed as a starter last season is indicative of the type of player he can become?

2. Are you willing to go on blind faith that Mo can become something he's yet to show he can become in three seasons as the Bucks' starter?

I'll pick Door No. 1 Monty.
Nothing will not break me.
step3profit
Analyst
And1: 819

Post#222 » by step3profit » Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:43 am

DrugBust wrote:Where I have a problem is people going on blind faith that a second round pick with 17 games of NBA experience is ready to be the point guard in an offense featuring Redd, Jefferson and Bogut. If he were someone with a reputation as a lock-down defender (he's even worse than Mo) or he were a lotto pick that the franchise saw fit to invest in I might feel differently. But honestly, a run at the end of the season means absolutely nothing to me because it's happened time and time again by scrubs that never amount to anything in the NBA.

get over that he is a 2nd round pick.

worse than mo on defense? impossible. name one time mo has ever shut anyone down on defense.
RamonSessions
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#223 » by RamonSessions » Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:58 am

Size should also enter this discussion as well, it in fact contributes very much so to ability to defend better Sessions is 6-3/6-4 and Mo is 6-1 , it makes a difference when your PG has more length along with the kind of abilities showcased up to this point that Mo Williams doesn't have.

Intelligence has a lot do with the kind of production he's put up and the chemistry boosting with all of the team mates he's ever played with. Who do you think Richard Jefferson wants to play with more, a guy who could be a return to playing with a point guard who gets you the ball like Jason Kidd with a high b-ball IQ, or just let me play( :lol: ) Mo Williams? We don't even need to ask this question about the actual team members of the Bucks, the end of the season made it obvious everyone in our locker room is pulling for Sessions-- Andrew Bogut being the only one to publicly state it, though not in a blatant manner.
unklchuk
Head Coach
And1: 94

Post#224 » by unklchuk » Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:00 am

I don't understand why Sessions should be dismissed as a possible starter. Folks are saying here that they see enough in him to conjecture that he may be able to handle the job.

But it will take the rest of summer league, a full training camp, and a bunch of early games in the regular season for him to earn it. If he earns it, the 2nd round status and all that stuff will be meaningless.

Seems to me that much of the criticism of Ramon and Tyronn has little to do with the players in question and more to do with trying to shore up Mo's turf on this team. The old political thing - which BTW I'll not ascribe to Drugbust specifically - is that when it's a lost cause tallking up your guy, don't give up. Just tear down the opposition. Relentlessly.
AFAIK, IDKM
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,959

Post#225 » by Jez2983 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:04 am

I'm not sure about Hammond/Skiles (which is more relevent as he's going to say who starts) taking the risk of Ramon starting from the word go. Maybe later in the season, but I just don't see that happening on opening night.

I think Ramon will be the better point guard eventually, I'm not so sure he's in the top two guards on this team right now.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
Wade-A-Holic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#226 » by Wade-A-Holic » Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:48 am

http://www.nba.com/video/

The entire game is on this page for those that want to watch it.
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,328

Post#227 » by El Duderino » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:15 am

RamonSessions wrote:Size should also enter this discussion as well, it in fact contributes very much so to ability to defend better Sessions is 6-3/6-4 and Mo is 6-1 , it makes a difference when your PG has more length along with the kind of abilities showcased up to this point that Mo Williams doesn't have.

This is one reason among others that i really hope Sessions pans out and takes over the starting PG job. Ramon was a miserable defender in his brief stint, but my hope is a lot of that was simply from being confused and lost. I love that Sessions not only has height, he's strong, a far cry from TJ or Mo.

I got so tired of watching a midget PG like Ford get abused defensively because he was tiny and defended when he felt like it. Then we got to watch years of the Mo know no defense experience. Sessions seems like a kid who tries hard and hopefully Skiles and the staff can work with him enough to where he's at least a decent defender. Hell, after five years of the TJ or Mo red cape style of defense, anything close to average defense from our PG would be a beautiful shock to my senses.

I have no idea of exactly just how highly Skiles feel about Sessions, but i don't sense that Skiles is the type who would be to scared to start a young guy like Sessions if he felt Ramon could handle it. We aren't coming close to contending this year, so i have no problem with Skiles rolling the dice on a young kid with quite a bit of potential. If the risk pans out and Sessions proves to be starting worthy, that would be a huge boost to the Bucks future.
power4wardjinx
Pro Prospect

Post#228 » by power4wardjinx » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:27 am

Skiles is very high on Sessions, bank on it. Alexander, not much to think of one way or another. This draft wasn' t that good, he's not that good, etc. etc. SKiles is, however, all about Ramon Sessions.
"Power forward ... again, that's something we'll probably have to address." - Larry Costello, Don Nelson, George Karl, Scott Skiles.
http://community.sportsbubbler.com/blog ... fault.aspx
Nowak008
RealGM
And1: 4,303

Post#229 » by Nowak008 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:37 am

Missed the game anyone care to recap?
John Hammond apologists:
emunney wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote: 9 YEARS!? like any of that matters

THAT LITERALLY IS HIS TENURE.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,146

Post#230 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:47 am

Nothing too exiting in Vegas tonight:

4 former bucks coaches in one building (tpot, tatter totts, Karl, Dunleavy)
---Karl is pissed obviously, about both camby and najera

DG in the house talked to Skiles the whole first half....wonder if he had to pay to get in

Ramon played tight defense and really pressed the issue. Was a real leader out there telling people where to go. In case some one out there cant tell, Skiles really likes this kid.

If nothing else, Alexander looks like he would be a glue guy. Always has a smart ass comment to loosen people up. Someone said this earlier, didnt play that went but was more concerned about finding the open guy (which is what we need on our team).

Allen's second year is a player option and Lue is only a one year deal, not a two---not sure if this was mentioned in the other thread

Luc cant hit a layup to save his life.

If Jordan wouldve lasted, he would be wearing a Bucks uni. That guy is a stud.
LISTEN2JAZZ
RealGM
And1: 172

Post#231 » by LISTEN2JAZZ » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:20 pm

^I disagree about Jordan being a stud, but getting a serviceable backup center in the second round would have been one heck of a pick. Is that your opinion that we had him above Prince Luc on our draft board or sharing of information?
cam2win
Veteran
And1: 7

Post#232 » by cam2win » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:28 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:Mo Nation right now is gathering quietly on the outskirts of town, ready to pillage the board tomorrow........I'm expecting nothing less than a full blown statistical analysis of how poor the Denver SL guards are and a dissertation on past SL PG's who put up gaudy stats but never did anything during the regular season..... 8-)

I'm a little disappointed I didn't get this message as I've always wanted to pillage.
bango_the_buck
Bench Warmer
And1: 149

Post#233 » by bango_the_buck » Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:51 pm

Jez2983 wrote:I think Ramon will be the better point guard eventually, I'm not so sure he's in the top two guards on this team right now.

The bolded part is not a prerequisite to being a starter, especially on a Skiles-coached team (see Ben Gordon).
smooth 'lil balla
Assistant Coach
And1: 8

Post#234 » by smooth 'lil balla » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:36 pm

Wade-A-Holic wrote:http://www.nba.com/video/

Wow, can anyone actually watch an entire game on this? It's painful.

I give you way more credit than me. I thought i was a die hard bucks fan....
andonewheel
Rookie
And1: 16

Post#235 » by andonewheel » Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:26 pm

smooth 'lil balla wrote:
Wade-A-Holic wrote:http://www.nba.com/video/

Wow, can anyone actually watch an entire game on this? It's painful.

I give you way more credit than me. I thought i was a die hard bucks fan....

You can try right clicking the video picture and going to properties then pasting that link into a new window and then adjusting the screen size.

I wish we would play the Trailblazers in the rest of the summer league so we could see Sessions match up on Bayless. With our current schedule Sessions isn't gonna get challenged by any significant PGs from the opposing teams.
Wade-A-Holic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#236 » by Wade-A-Holic » Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:27 pm

I just double clicked on the screen and it went full screen for me.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#237 » by Ruzious » Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:08 pm

Several posters have mentioned Sessions size as being a significant advantage over Mo, but that's not really the case. While Sessions is 1.25 inches taller (w/o shoes, Sessions was 6'2 and Mo was 6'0.75), Mo had a longer wingspan (6'5.5 vs 6'4.5) and longer standing reach (8'2.5 v. 8'1.5). Personally, I'd use Mo the way Phoenix uses Barbosa - as a 3rd guard in there primarily to run and score. He'd likely contend for 6th MOY. And because Sessions is a past first PG, it fits perfectly to start him - with scorers like Redd, Jefferson, Bogut and probably Villa. It's actually a good situation at the point, imo.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Chapter29
RealGM
And1: 1,224

Post#238 » by Chapter29 » Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:44 pm

power4wardjinx wrote:Skiles is very high on Sessions, bank on it. Alexander, not much to think of one way or another. This draft wasn' t that good, he's not that good, etc. etc. SKiles is, however, all about Ramon Sessions.

This is very good news. I hope you're right.

So will we start him? I say go for it. Then, baring trades our 8 man currently looks like this....

Sessions / Mo
Redd / Mo
RJ / Joe
CV / Joe
Bogut / Gadz

With assets like Bell, Lue, Mason and maybe Moute not getting any realistic minutes you would have to believe that we will move one of these guys and/or Mo to add some serviceable depth in the FC.
Giannis
is
UponUs
midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,174

Post#239 » by midranger » Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:02 pm

I think Mo-Nation would be thrilled if Sessions proved to be a better NBA PG than Mo Williams. That may just be me though.

What we do know is that he can be a great player in glorified pick up games with other, kind of, NBA level players.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
Debit One
Starter
And1: 87

Post#240 » by Debit One » Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:12 pm

midranger wrote:I think Mo-Nation would be thrilled if Sessions proved to be a better NBA PG than Mo Williams.

The insurmountable issue here is that Mo Nation isn't going to see Ramon Sessions as being a better NBA PG than Mo Williams unless he's Chris Paul, which of course he cannot prove unless he gets PT at Mo's expense.

Ramon's Republic would see anyone with a pulse who tries to play defense and has distributing the ball to his teammates as a priority as a better PG than Mo.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks