Game Thread:Bucks v. Nuggets--9:30pmCST tonight

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,114

Re: Game Thread:Bucks v. Nuggets--9:30pmCST tonight 

Post#241 » by midranger » Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:13 pm

Chapter29 wrote:
power4wardjinx wrote:Skiles is very high on Sessions, bank on it. Alexander, not much to think of one way or another. This draft wasn' t that good, he's not that good, etc. etc. SKiles is, however, all about Ramon Sessions.

This is very good news. I hope you're right.

So will we start him? I say go for it. Then, baring trades our 8 man currently looks like this....

Sessions / Mo
Redd / Mo
RJ / Joe
CV / Joe
Bogut / Gadz

With assets like Bell, Lue, Mason and maybe Moute not getting any realistic minutes you would have to believe that we will move one of these guys and/or Mo to add some serviceable depth in the FC.

Looking at your list, is a Reggie Evans for Charlie Bell deal workable? The Sixers have a dire need for backcourt help and 3 pt. shooters. Outside of last year's first few months, Bell has been a fairly decent shooter.

Also, I think Mason for Collison is doable. Mason was an OK State Cowboy so he may drum up some interest in that new market, but he was also a Seattle fan favorite so he may help to keep a few Sonics fans interested. Plus, he's expiring. Whatever, just kind of grasping at straws on that one.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
Chapter29
RealGM
And1: 1,224

Post#242 » by Chapter29 » Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:14 pm

And we saw him last year. I do understand we were in tank mode and all, but you could still see flashes of a pretty talented PG. He seems to have a good feel for running the team and getting players the ball at the right time.
Giannis
is
UponUs
Chapter29
RealGM

Post#243 » by Chapter29 » Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:19 pm

midranger wrote:Looking at your list, is a Reggie Evans for Charlie Bell deal workable? The Sixers have a dire need for backcourt help and 3 pt. shooters. Outside of last year's first few months, Bell has been a fairly decent shooter.

Also, I think Mason for Collison is doable. Mason was an OK State Cowboy so he may drum up some interest in that new market, but he was also a Seattle fan favorite so he may help to keep a few Sonics fans interested. Plus, he's expiring. Whatever, just kind of grasping at straws on that one.

Probably, but yes, something like that. I am warming up more and more to a strategic direction of Mo in 6th man role. Meaning moving some backcourt depth for some frontcourt depth.
Giannis
is
UponUs
midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,114

Post#244 » by midranger » Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:20 pm

Chapter29 wrote:And we saw him last year. I do understand we were in tank mode and all, but you could still see flashes of a pretty talented PG. He seems to have a good feel for running the team and getting players the ball at the right time.

True, but those games were exactly what I described, glorified pickup games against NBA bench players.

Real NBA games don't end with 280 or 290 total points scored. Not since the start of the 1990's atleast.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
Chapter29
RealGM

Post#245 » by Chapter29 » Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:27 pm

I think it was a mixed bag of talent he saw last year. And it was very beneficial for him. He found out what he needed to work on and is now doing just that. Pickup games? To some degree sure, but there was some NBA talent out there for him to practice against. He looked good pickup games or not. I see it as training.

I think you can take away things from what we saw in him last season, more so than the SL games. I think in the SL you look for improvement in these areas. As I understand leadership and defense.
Giannis
is
UponUs
El Sid
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#246 » by El Sid » Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:47 pm

This entire Mo vs. Sessions debate completely reminds me of the Favre vs. Packers (Rodgers) debate. I'm a Packer fan and a Bucks fan, I wanna see what is best for the teams I like so if Sessions is better than Mo then I'm all for it.

It seems to me like we have been seeing the difference between Packer fans and Favre fans and now on this board I don't think its the extreme of Mo Nation vs. Bucks fans, but I think the Mo fans are trying to reason with themselves that Sessions has never proven anything legitimately because they want to see Mo succeed and not his backup.

How bout the true Bucks fans just hope the best pg truly shows himself and becomes a leader no matter which player that is. Why instead of always downgrading what Sessions has done in his limited time can't we hope that his success continues into the regular season? Let's hope for the best for the Bucks and leave our player bias at the door. It really doesn't make any sense to me.
Rockmaninoff
General Manager
And1: 1,667

Post#247 » by Rockmaninoff » Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:02 pm

44-TAF-44 wrote:This entire Mo vs. Sessions debate completely reminds me of the Favre vs. Packers (Rodgers) debate. I'm a Packer fan and a Bucks fan, I wanna see what is best for the teams I like so if Sessions is better than Mo then I'm all for it.

It seems to me like we have been seeing the difference between Packer fans and Favre fans and now on this board I don't think its the extreme of Mo Nation vs. Bucks fans, but I think the Mo fans are trying to reason with themselves that Sessions has never proven anything legitimately because they want to see Mo succeed and not his backup.

How bout the true Bucks fans just hope the best pg truly shows himself and becomes a leader no matter which player that is. Why instead of always downgrading what Sessions has done in his limited time can't we hope that his success continues into the regular season? Let's hope for the best for the Bucks and leave our player bias at the door. It really doesn't make any sense to me.

This would be a good analogy, if Mo Williams had never missed a game up to this point, if Mo Williams was an all time great player, and if Mo Williams had led the Bucks to the eastern conference finals last season. Or even if he was anything close to that, which he isn't.
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:The fight for civil rights just like for liberty and justice and peace won't be won by man. It will take a god...so lets move on to sports.

Magic Giannison wrote:Giannis is god but even god's cannot save our **** team.
TheGhostDog
Senior
And1: 2

Post#248 » by TheGhostDog » Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:55 pm

DraftExpress finally has their recap of this game up (sorry if it's already posted and I missed it). http://www.draftexpress.com/article/Las ... even-2966/

Since the discussion is mainly on Sessions at the moment here's their take on his play. Note the last sentence.
"Sessions once again looked great running the show for Milwaukee. His teammates are finally catching up to the speed that he plays at, and it shows in the box score. The young point man displayed great court vision today, and very consistent range on his jumper. He still needs to work on hitting the NBA three, but he proved capable of that during the regular season. If he can make that a regular part of his game, he would be thoroughly dominant on this level. Unlike last game, Sessions didn’t make a ton of trips to the line, finishing most of his drives to the rim with lay ups. Denver’s defense didn’t have an answer for him, and he did a great job constantly pushing the tempo by tracking down numerous long rebounds. The former Nevada player clearly turned a corner in his development near the end of the season, and this is the second time in recent memory that the Bucks have had a second-round point guard develop into a very good NBA player."

They also have a paragraph on JA. To summarize: great court vision, has tools, needs a year or so to polish them.
El Sid
Pro Prospect

Post#249 » by El Sid » Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:01 pm

This would be a good analogy, if Mo Williams had never missed a game up to this point, if Mo Williams was an all time great player, and if Mo Williams had led the Bucks to the eastern conference finals last season. Or even if he was anything close to that, which he isn't.

I'm not saying Mo Williams is a great player and I'm definately not saying that he is even close to being on Favre's level, the only reason I was comparing the two is because it seems a lot of fans judgement is clouded when they have a favorite player and they will crush or try to disregard the abilities of the player who is competing with their favorite. All of the Favre fans keep calling in to the radio stations saying that Rodgers is a glass qb and he sucks. If they are really Packer fans than why don't they hope Rodgers after Favre is like Young after Montana so the Packers continue their success?

Everyone who watched the end of last season and is seeing how well Sessions is playing in SL right now has to see the potential the kid has. Mo Nation can love Mo all they want and hope he sticks on the Bucks, that is fine, but if Sessions is better why would they not want him to be our pg?

I'm not saying Sessions is better yet or will ever be better but how do we downgrade what he is accomplishing right now? He has the best vision of any player in the SL right now and that excites me and it should excite Mo Nation if they are Bucks fans. Unless it comes down to character issues, I always want the better player on my team. I love Ryan Grant (if he signs) but give me LT on the Packers anyday of the week, he's better.
Rockmaninoff
General Manager
And1: 1,667

Post#250 » by Rockmaninoff » Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:14 pm

44-TAF-44 wrote:

I'm not saying Mo Williams is a great player and I'm definately not saying that he is even close to being on Favre's level, the only reason I was comparing the two is because it seems a lot of fans judgement is clouded when they have a favorite player and they will crush or try to disregard the abilities of the player who is competing with their favorite. All of the Favre fans keep calling in to the radio stations saying that Rodgers is a glass qb and he sucks. If they are really Packer fans than why don't they hope Rodgers after Favre is like Young after Montana so the Packers continue their success?

Everyone who watched the end of last season and is seeing how well Sessions is playing in SL right now has to see the potential the kid has. Mo Nation can love Mo all they want and hope he sticks on the Bucks, that is fine, but if Sessions is better why would they not want him to be our pg?

I'm not saying Sessions is better yet or will ever be better but how do we downgrade what he is accomplishing right now? He has the best vision of any player in the SL right now and that excites me and it should excite Mo Nation if they are Bucks fans. Unless it comes down to character issues, I always want the better player on my team. I love Ryan Grant (if he signs) but give me LT on the Packers anyday of the week, he's better.

Your analogy kind of works, and I understand that it's based off the idea that fans shouldn't worship one player (even though I don't agree with that - a person should be free to enjoy something for any reason they choose), but the difference is that Sessions can come in as the starter and if the team loses 56 games, there is no difference between him and Mo Williams. Rodgers on the other hand needs to get to at least one playoff game next season for Packers management's 'LONGVIEW' approach to be accepted by the so-called 'Green Bay Favre' fans.
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:The fight for civil rights just like for liberty and justice and peace won't be won by man. It will take a god...so lets move on to sports.

Magic Giannison wrote:Giannis is god but even god's cannot save our **** team.
El Sid
Pro Prospect

Post#251 » by El Sid » Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:50 pm

Your analogy kind of works, and I understand that it's based off the idea that fans shouldn't worship one player (even though I don't agree with that - a person should be free to enjoy something for any reason they choose), but the difference is that Sessions can come in as the starter and if the team loses 56 games, there is no difference between him and Mo Williams. Rodgers on the other hand needs to get to at least one playoff game next season for Packers management's 'LONGVIEW' approach to be accepted by the so-called 'Green Bay Favre' fans.

I agree with everything you said and I'm guessing you might be a Favre fan. In regards to the Packers, I am to a Favre fan but I don't see them winning a Super Bowl this season with Favre or Rodgers so I think the best thing to do is start Rodgers development asap.

I guess to put my point out there as plainly as I can put it, if you're a Favre fan or a Mo Williams fan and you worship one of those players, that is completely fine and there is nothing wrong with that until you talk to other Packer fans and Bucks fans about improving those teams and your fanaticism takes over your thought process.

If a Mo Williams fan is talking to a Bucks fan like myself who doesn't have one specific player they are fascinated with and just wants the organization to succeed, and they are cutting down Sessions potential because they are worried Mo's job is for the taking than we are not on the same wave length and we can't talk about improving the Bucks on the same level. My goal is to see the Bucks do everything they possibly can to get a championship so I want to see the best talent out there on the floor and that fan of that particular player has a different mindset.

If I don't mind seeing the Bucks or Packers win with whoever than it is hard to reasonably talk to another person who is more a fan of a player than the team, that is why Wisconsin is somewhat divided over Favre right now.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks