ImageImage

MJS- Hunt: Bucks fly under the radar

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

power4wardjinx
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Re: MJS- Hunt: Bucks fly under the radar 

Post#21 » by power4wardjinx » Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:40 pm

midranger wrote:The part that killed me was "good draft" as though Alexander has somehow shown enough at this point to be labeled a good #8 overall pick, let alone a #8 in the 2nd round pick.

Ditto. What team and what draft was Hunt talking about?
"Power forward ... again, that's something we'll probably have to address." - Larry Costello, Don Nelson, George Karl, Scott Skiles.
http://community.sportsbubbler.com/blog ... fault.aspx
GrandAdmiralDan
RealGM
And1: 1,291

Post#22 » by GrandAdmiralDan » Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:52 pm

DrugBust wrote:In my original e-mail I also mentioned how unless the Bucks move one or more of their higher priced players that there was little to no chance they would be under the cap until the summer of '11. I mentioned that my hope was that if the Bucks were at the bottom of the standings in February that Hammond would move someone like Redd and/or Jefferson and blow the roster up.

Here was his full response:

Michael Hunt wrote:Thanks, Matt.

Actually, the Bucks' payroll drops by $13 million the year after next and another $39 million the year after that. In two years they'll be able to use all their mid-level exception because they'll be under the cap, which is a huge luxury they didn't have before Simmons and Williams were moved. I'm not sure you fully understand how hard it is to trade players in the NBA when you're trading contracts almost dollar for dollar. Consequently, you can't blow up an entire team.

Michael Hunt telling someone else "I'm not sure you fully understand" is priceless :rofl:

Especially when you follow that up with "when you're trading contracts almost dollar for dollar"
That's just not an appropriate representation. For example, another over the cap team would only have to send out $4.920156 mil in order to be able to take back Gadzuric and his $6.250195 mil salary.
Or another over the cap team would only have to send out $17.544156 mil in order to be able to take back Gadzuric and Redd and their $22.030195 mil salary. I wouldn't call either "almost dollar for dollar"

There are plenty of ways to do trades that are not anywhere close to "dollar for dollar"
The Marcus Camby for a 2nd round pick trade being a recent example.

Hunt is really making an inappropriate claim that the Bucks payroll drops by "$13 mil the year after next."
Does "the year after next" mean the 2010-2011 season?

Even if we traded away our 2009 and 2010 draft picks, only handed out one year contracts in the 2009 offseason, and we waived Mbah A Moute and his NG'd salary, it would only be a ~$9.53 mil drop. It could be a ~$12.29 mil drop if we decided not to exercise the team option on Joe Alexander and let him leave as an unrestricted free agent instead. Joe Alexander not being worthy of us exercising his team option though would be very contradictory to Hunt's claim of us having a "good draft"
How it can be a "good draft" if out of the two players we drafted, we waive one and let the other leave as a UFA?

Try again, Michael Hunt.
97-98
Nick Van Exel (LAL) on defending the Stockton-Malone pick-and-roll: "Yeah,
I got a way to defend it. Bring a bat to the game and kill one of them."
midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,160

Post#23 » by midranger » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:04 pm

I hope you're reading this Mike.

The "quality" of your "journalism" is why newspapers are dying.

You stink.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
worthlessBucks
RealGM
And1: 4,833

Post#24 » by worthlessBucks » Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:18 am

I don't know about you guys, but I've been waiting a long time for us to be able to use the full MLE. Thank you John Hammond, thank you.
Go Bucks!
NeedsMoreCheese
RealGM
And1: 8,369

Post#25 » by NeedsMoreCheese » Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:46 am

Mike Hunt is the Herb Kohl of journalism.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,424

Post#26 » by trwi7 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:51 am

Kohl Is A Mome wrote:Mike Hunt is the Herb Kohl of journalism.

I disagree. 8-)
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
NeedsMoreCheese
RealGM

Post#27 » by NeedsMoreCheese » Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:43 am

trwi7 wrote:
Kohl Is A Mome wrote:Mike Hunt is the Herb Kohl of journalism.

I disagree. 8-)

You would
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,424

Post#28 » by trwi7 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:45 am

I would've said something else but everything I thought of would've gotten deleted.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
MilBucksBackOnTop06
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#29 » by MilBucksBackOnTop06 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:50 am

midranger wrote:The part that killed me was "good draft" as though Alexander has somehow shown enough at this point to be labeled a good #8 overall pick, let alone a #8 in the 2nd round pick.

Also, how does breaking up the Mo-Redd backcourt by adding Luke Ridnour make it any less "soft"?
I took exception to that too, although I like M. Hunt. I think a lot of his columns. I read them often...

However, they are still 'soft' and Alexander was the wrong pick if you were gonna trade Mo Williams.
You need to draft Jerryd Bayless then...and moved Mo to address another position.

But I won't nitpick.
NeedsMoreCheese
RealGM

Post#30 » by NeedsMoreCheese » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:04 pm

trwi7 wrote:I would've said something else but everything I thought of would've gotten deleted.

So business as usual then? :lol:

Return to Milwaukee Bucks