ImageImage

Ramon Sessions

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

oaf549
Sophomore
And1: 0

Ramon Sessions 

Post#1 » by oaf549 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:26 pm

I'm a Nugget fan trying to get some more info on Ramon Sessions. He seems like a good young point guard prospect. What are your thoughts on him and is he someone that could be available next offseason or even this season with the amount of guards you currently have on your team? Thanks
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,045

Re: Ramon Sessions 

Post#2 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:33 pm

He had some good games late in the season when we were tanking. Most Bucks fans think he has talent and are eager to see what he will do in meaningful games. He will likely get every chance to earn playing time this year.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
aboveAverage
RealGM
And1: 2,611

Post#3 » by aboveAverage » Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:45 pm

I don't think he is available yet. We think very highly of him and we want to see what we've got with Ramon before we think about trading him. That being said, Ramon could be a key piece that Hammond could bundle to get us some solid talent. However, I don't think we will be trading him anytime soon.
jeremyd236
General Manager
And1: 16

Post#4 » by jeremyd236 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:27 pm

Nobody on this team is "not available". Everyone is available for the right price (Yes, even Bogut). If the deal made sense for us, a GM like Hammond wouldn't hesitate. Besides, we've already got 3 PG and 2 guards to fill up the 2 position, so if something like Sessions/CV snagged us a legit PF, I would't be surprised to see us take the offer.
OhAnd1!OhAmen!
Ballboy

Post#5 » by OhAnd1!OhAmen! » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:44 pm

I'm a huge homer and a huge optimist, so you should probably take my opinion with a grain of salt, but I think that he has a chance to be the Bucks best point guard since Oscar Robertson. I'm a wishful thinker. :D
"Our will. Our way. Our win."
Serge28
RealGM
And1: 1,754

Post#6 » by Serge28 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:56 pm

I REALLY don't want the Bucks to trade Sessions. I think he has more potential than anyone on the team and if he can continue to improve, he'll become a very special player.
midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,170

Post#7 » by midranger » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:59 pm

Remember Magic Johnson?

Make him more awesome, and less HIV infected and that's Ramon Sessions.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,337

Post#8 » by Mags FTW » Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:19 am

And Ramon can actually talk too.
drew881
RealGM
And1: 5,003

Post#9 » by drew881 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:15 am

Not that I would trust this team after this trade, but what about a Sessions plus Gadzuric for Iverson (a rental) trade?
RonaldArtest
General Manager
And1: 12,531

Post#10 » by RonaldArtest » Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:22 pm

Who do you guys see starting at the pg spot? Ridnour or Sessions?
Rockmaninoff
General Manager
And1: 1,667

Post#11 » by Rockmaninoff » Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:16 pm

drew881 wrote:Not that I would trust this team after this trade, but what about a Sessions plus Gadzuric for Iverson (a rental) trade?

Not enough salary outgoing under CBA provisions. Iverson is a talent, but we don't have the defensive talent that he needs to succeed. I also believe that in any Iverson trade, Denver wouldn't want to take on longterm contracts. Their stated goal is to get under the luxury tax threshold. I could see a deal with New York or Miami, because they have the huge expiring contracts of Marbury and Marion, but I don't think it would be likely.

RonaldArtest wrote:Who do you guys see starting at the pg spot? Ridnour or Sessions?

Ridnour will probably be the starter. Not because I believe that he is more talented then Sessions, but because Skiles is going to favor his veteran players initially. The other reason being so that management has control over Sessions earning potential.
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:The fight for civil rights just like for liberty and justice and peace won't be won by man. It will take a god...so lets move on to sports.

Magic Giannison wrote:Giannis is god but even god's cannot save our **** team.
braindazer
Pro Prospect
And1: 35

Post#12 » by braindazer » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:45 am

Mags FTW wrote:And Ramon can actually talk too.

His talk show will kick a$$ too! While his movie theaters will have free popcorn and soda pop for all :rock: :rock: !
it's always funny............... TILL I GET HURT!!!!
old skool
General Manager
And1: 3,510

Post#13 » by old skool » Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:22 pm

Luke Ridnour will most likely start. He is the most accomplished NBA point guard on the Bucks roster. He has mostly been a starter in the NBA. He is the only point guard on the Bucks roster that has started most of the NBA games in which he has played. He averaged roughly 10 ppg and 6 apg as an NBA starter. He has a career assist per game average of 5.0.

Tyron Lue and Damon Jones are veteran backups, both of whom have mostly been bench players in the NBA. Both have started one third or fewer of their NBA games. They score slightly more than Ridnour, but make fewer assists. They respectively average 2.8 and 3.3 career assists per game.

Ramon Sessions spent almost all of his rookie season in the NBDL. He has only appeared in 17 NBA games, all at the end of the year when the Bucks had been eliminated from playoff contention. He is the only point guard on the Bucks roster to never win a starting job in the NBA. He started 7 games last year because of injuries to others and because the season was lost. The Bucks lost every game that he started. He had some eye popping games statistically, which gives hope that he might become a legitimate NBA player. He is an intriguing prospect. He deserves a chance to prove himself.

oLd sKool
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,338

Post#14 » by crkone » Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:23 pm

old skool wrote:Luke Ridnour will most likely start. He is the most accomplished NBA point guard on the Bucks roster. He has mostly been a starter in the NBA. He is the only point guard on the Bucks roster that has started most of the NBA games in which he has played. He averaged roughly 10 ppg and 6 apg as an NBA starter. He has a career assist per game average of 5.0.

Tyron Lue and Damon Jones are veteran backups, both of whom have mostly been bench players in the NBA. Both have started one third or fewer of their NBA games. They score slightly more than Ridnour, but make fewer assists. They respectively average 2.8 and 3.3 career assists per game.

Ramon Sessions spent almost all of his rookie season in the NBDL. He has only appeared in 17 NBA games, all at the end of the year when the Bucks had been eliminated from playoff contention. He is the only point guard on the Bucks roster to never win a starting job in the NBA. He started 7 games last year because of injuries to others and because the season was lost. The Bucks lost every game that he started. He had some eye popping games statistically, which gives hope that he might become a legitimate NBA player. He is an intriguing prospect. He deserves a chance to prove himself.

oLd sKool

That is strangely a very non-biased review of the situation. I expect the opposite on this board.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
RonaldArtest
General Manager
And1: 12,531

Post#15 » by RonaldArtest » Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:32 pm

^^ Yeah, didn't he have one game where he had over 20 assists? crazy, even if the game was meaningless.
BDUB_30
Banned User

Post#16 » by BDUB_30 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:14 am

Ramon will be back in the developmental leauge .

their is no way he beats out lue for the primary backup role and the bucks still have two other players that can play the 1 .

i think the bucks will want to let charlie bell get out on the floor as much as possible concidering he is simply the best permiter defender we have ...i see charlie picking up some minutes at the 1 . I see charlie as being a " skiles " kind of player ..even last year under terrible circumstance both personal and on the court with our lack of team effort , charlie had games last year where he flat out competed like a warrior on the defensive end ..if he brings that everynight ...i could see him even possible splitting major minutes at the 1 and 2 ... i dont buy the logic that charlie is not a capable pg , especialy if were looking to get bogut the ball more charlie can make that happen ..

without a doubt i dont see Sessions getting burn ... the only thing thats going to keep him out of the nbadl is if the bucks feel sessions has more to learn in practices and watching games then he does down there ...his lack of a jumpshot is a major problem ..his " great games " were pretty much him playing a 1-4 offense and him basicaly penetrating and kicking it ... thats not going to cut it with a real coach , our offense will be much more structured and controlled and sessions on the floor is a major libality concidering he cant hit a jumper to save his life . i personaly would trade the guy IF his stock is as high as some think.
MilBucksBackOnTop06
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#17 » by MilBucksBackOnTop06 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:23 am

oaf549 wrote:I'm a Nugget fan trying to get some more info on Ramon Sessions. He seems like a good young point guard prospect. What are your thoughts on him and is he someone that could be available next offseason or even this season with the amount of guards you currently have on your team? Thanks
Give me Kenyon Martin and JR Smith and take back Gadzuric and some fillers and you can see this kid up close!

Many here like Sessions. He is okay to me...nothing to cry home about. Good young player I guess.
He would be perfect in Denver in that wide open system and George Karl would love him.

Karl would like Tyronne Lue as well...who locked up Iverson once in an NBA Finals. We don't need him if you ask me.

I would love to do a trade...with him in a package for KMart.
old skool
General Manager
And1: 3,510

Post#18 » by old skool » Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:44 pm

I don't think that the Bucks can afford to have Sessions spend the year in the developmental league. He showed too much promise at the end of last year. He did not play in an NBA game until the final six weeks of the season. He started slowly, but came on strong. In his last five games he averaged 14 points (high game of 25 pts), 14 assists (high game of 24 assists), and 6 rebounds. Even though the Bucks lost each of those games, those numbers are too strong to ignore. Ditto for the obvious improvement in his game after just a few weeks of NBA competition.

If the Bucks want to keep Sessions, they will have to offer him a new contract for next season. Nothing would be dumber than getting to those contract talks without an idea of his NBA future because they kept him in the NBDL. One of the Bucks goals for 2008-09 has to be figuring out what kind of player Ramon can be.

oLd sKool
Nebula1
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#19 » by Nebula1 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:23 am

It's likely he'll be the starter for the Bucks by the end of the season. Ridnour is not better than him.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks