ImageImage

Bucks vs Pistons 10/08/08 @6:30

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,272

Re: Bucks vs Pistons 10/08/08 @6:30 

Post#241 » by LUKE23 » Thu Oct 9, 2008 1:36 pm

Lue looks to be a pretty quick player and a good shooter, but I don't think I trust him running the offense more than either Ridnour or Sessions. He is a short shooting guard, in my opinion, and he struggles with setting people up. Sessions really is lacking confidence offensively, but he has still been showing that knack for setting people up. I really hope Sessions gets minutes ahead of Lue.
vlietinho
Veteran
And1: 480

Post#242 » by vlietinho » Thu Oct 9, 2008 1:37 pm

LUKE23 wrote:Gadzuric played well? Haha. I have to ask what game you were watching. In the 14 minutes he played, he airballed two of his three shot attempts (both were within 5 feet) and also threw a no look pass to nobody that went out of bounds. Gadzuric looks just as confused as he always does, and still cannot convert anything other than a dunk (although he did have one nice baseline hook). If Gadzuric plays at all this season, we are in trouble (same goes for Elson, he really stinks).

Havent watched it, but 2 blocks... And most rebs per minute...
His offense will never be polished, but as long as he defends and rebounds he will be usefull.
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#243 » by LUKE23 » Thu Oct 9, 2008 1:40 pm

Bogut had more rebounds per minute than Gadz. 4 boards in 14+ minutes is nothing spectacular.
MajorDad
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#244 » by MajorDad » Thu Oct 9, 2008 2:04 pm

I still don't understand.....

i thought the bad teams were supposed to win the meaningless preseason games because the good teams don't play their best players. we must be a really good team, since we're now 0-2.

the grizzlies and knicks are giving new meaning to preseason games. they are taking these games seriously. every projected starter for the grizzlies played 30+ minutes last night. The majority of knicks starters also played 30+ minutes last night. Could it be their coach wants to give the starters more time to develop a chemistry amongst themselves? then again, both teams still lost. I can't complain about joe alexander's performance last night.

Oden had his second great game. for some reason, he looks bigger with more muscles, and uncharicteristically younger than last year. he's begining to look more like lebron James and less like Bill Russell.
Rockmaninoff
General Manager
And1: 1,667

Post#245 » by Rockmaninoff » Thu Oct 9, 2008 2:05 pm

LUKE23 wrote:Lue looks to be a pretty quick player and a good shooter, but I don't think I trust him running the offense more than either Ridnour or Sessions. He is a short shooting guard, in my opinion, and he struggles with setting people up. Sessions really is lacking confidence offensively, but he has still been showing that knack for setting people up. I really hope Sessions gets minutes ahead of Lue.

I don't think the point guard always has to run the offense. And, I think it's almost always better to have a shooter replace the 'pure point' off the bench, then it is to split minutes between two 'pure points'. It just adds more variety to the offense.

LUKE23 wrote:Bogut had more rebounds per minute than Gadz. 4 boards in 14+ minutes is nothing spectacular.

Gadz made a few mistakes, but he was far from terrible. All that we need from him, is rebounding, shot blocking, and running the floor. He did those things, as well as setting nice, crisp screens. Everybody screened well for the most part, by the way.
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:The fight for civil rights just like for liberty and justice and peace won't be won by man. It will take a god...so lets move on to sports.

Magic Giannison wrote:Giannis is god but even god's cannot save our **** team.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,338

Post#246 » by crkone » Thu Oct 9, 2008 2:09 pm

Rockmaninoff wrote:
LUKE23 wrote:Lue looks to be a pretty quick player and a good shooter, but I don't think I trust him running the offense more than either Ridnour or Sessions. He is a short shooting guard, in my opinion, and he struggles with setting people up. Sessions really is lacking confidence offensively, but he has still been showing that knack for setting people up. I really hope Sessions gets minutes ahead of Lue.

I don't think the point guard always has to run the offense. And, I think it's almost always better to have a shooter replace the 'pure point' off the bench, then it is to split minutes between two 'pure points'. It just adds more variety to the offense.

LUKE23 wrote:Bogut had more rebounds per minute than Gadz. 4 boards in 14+ minutes is nothing spectacular.

Gadz made a few mistakes, but he was far from terrible. All that we need from him, is rebounding, shot blocking, and running the floor. He did those things, as well as setting nice, crisp screens. Everybody screened well for the most part, by the way.

I agree on all fronts. Its like how everyone wanted Mo to come off the bench. He can be the MAN off the bench, unless Bell shows something. And from watching Gadz go from efficient to worst player in the league, this was a nice change for once granted it is only preseason.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#247 » by LUKE23 » Thu Oct 9, 2008 2:10 pm

Gadzuric was terrible. He is always in a rush when he has the ball in his hands, and he cannot convert consistently unless he has a dunk. If we're debating who should play off the bench in the frontcourt, him or Allen, it's Allen all day long (and I'm not even a big fan of Allen at all). Allen at least gives you the ability to pick and pop and keep the defense honest. Gadzuric's man doesn't even have to pay attention to him until he's within 3 feet of the basket.
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM
And1: 42

Post#248 » by carmelbrownqueen » Thu Oct 9, 2008 2:23 pm

crkone wrote:I would not change the way minutes are distributed for a few more games or at least give the young ones the same amount of playing time against the vets of the other teams. They need as much playing experience as possible if Alexander and Sessions are going to contribute. Barring how Ridnour looks, I believe Sessions will be the third PG until he gets half a season under his belt to calm him down and let the game come to him. LRMAM looks good defensively and will be pretty good in this league once he can get good time with a developmental coach. He doesn't even have to have good ball handling skills, just make open jump shots and be able to make a shot in traffic. Lue looked pretty good and can be that scorer off the bench we need to complement one or two of the starters when the bench comes in. Malik was on fire. He is money from that mid-range spot. Gadz started off playing well and then tailed off as the game went on. He didn't look as lost as usual. CV played great and kept their PFs out of the game. Overall we played a great game and had the lead even with a 3rd string PG and 3rd or 4th string SF in the starting lineup.
Both Joe Alexander and MaM worked with Joe Abunssar in Vegas shortly after the end of summer league, and then after that worked with Bill Petersen quite a bit. All of our young guys LOVE Bill Petersen and seem to be doing well under his guidance. It appears as if the plan is to continue having him work with them.
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan

"We don't accept anything but winning. We don't accept anything but playing hard." - John Hammond
MajorDad
Banned User

Post#249 » by MajorDad » Thu Oct 9, 2008 2:23 pm

luke:

that's pretty harsh on gadz.

accurate , descriptive and true,

but still harsh.

perhaps gadz views preseason games as meaningless. or perhaps he was in mid season form.

i think the latter is probably more true.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,338

Post#250 » by crkone » Thu Oct 9, 2008 3:18 pm

Since Allen is going to be backing up the 4 mostly, I would believe it would be between the Dutchmen for backing up the C and Gadz has looked less worthless so far. And asking Gadz to play offense is just asking for trouble. Let him set picks and immediately get under the rim into rebounding position.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
BuckFan25226
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,020

Post#251 » by BuckFan25226 » Thu Oct 9, 2008 3:23 pm

The biggest thing for me is our first team without Ridnour and RJ wreaked havoc in the 1st quarter. Played great defense, offense looked good.

Even though we lost, the Malik Allen show was fun to watch in the 4th.
"didnt you watch the game with the raptors?bucks is also a playoff team ,they have enough ability to find wins from dalas and utach,
blow jazzs bitches and mavericks bitches out !"

- yiyiyi
BDUB_30
Banned User

Post#252 » by BDUB_30 » Thu Oct 9, 2008 3:37 pm

LUKE23 wrote:Gadzuric was terrible. He is always in a rush when he has the ball in his hands, and he cannot convert consistently unless he has a dunk. If we're debating who should play off the bench in the frontcourt, him or Allen, it's Allen all day long (and I'm not even a big fan of Allen at all). Allen at least gives you the ability to pick and pop and keep the defense honest. Gadzuric's man doesn't even have to pay attention to him until he's within 3 feet of the basket.

let me ask you a hypothetical .

If we were to get the gadzuric we saw under karl and porter , would you take that version over Allen ?

And if so , how much would you be willing to invest into gadzuric to try to get him back to that form? In terms of games , 10 games ? 15 ? 20 ?

Personaly , i loved the old gadz. Ya know the guy that led the nba in blocks per 48 , and who would out run guards down the other way for easy dunks :lol: . Imagine having THAT gadzuric on the floor with an improved bucks defensive team looking to get out and run . He is a major x factor for me . If we can get THAT gadzuric , this team is conciderably better .

His confidence is key , just my opionon ..im willing to give gadzuric 10 games with conistant pt to try to get that confidence back .We simply need him to be that player , the old gadzuric is leaps and bounds better defensivly then anything we could put at the pf . If im coaching the bucks he is on a strict NO SHOOTING policy where the only time the ball leaves or enters his hands is if its going to be followed by a dunk in exactally 1 second or less . :lol:
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#253 » by Newz » Thu Oct 9, 2008 3:40 pm

Even if we get the old Gadzuric back it would still be difficult to start him at PF.

Neither Bogut or Gadzuric are threats outside of 5ish feet... With Redd being on the threat to shoot from the perimeter it would create for a pretty poor offense, IMO.
BDUB_30
Banned User

Post#254 » by BDUB_30 » Thu Oct 9, 2008 4:00 pm

LukePliska wrote:Even if we get the old Gadzuric back it would still be difficult to start him at PF.

Neither Bogut or Gadzuric are threats outside of 5ish feet... With Redd being on the threat to shoot from the perimeter it would create for a pretty poor offense, IMO.

nah . the added defensive + transitional team looks would easily ... EASILY mend the gap between the 2-3 jumpshots allen is going to hit a game ...sacraficing blocks , weak side help defense ( which the " old " gad is clearly the best the bucks have " ) and transition offense all because allen is going to provide jumpshooting seems a bit flawed ..

its kind of like looking to the ONE thing you dont like about that scenerio and just ignoring what ya do like about it ... gadz use to beat his man down the floor for an easy dunk at MINIUM one time per game .. mcglockin use to say that " gadzuric will everynight outrun somebody for one dunk " ..

i think we have gadzuric a little messed up ... and what i mean by that is he clearly is one of the least liked bucks ..in terms of talent ..and its somewhat justified by what weve seen out of him .. i mean he truly has been aweful . But i think weve all forgoten about how good he was . He was a game changer for us . I remember countless nights where while watching the game you just couldnt wait for dan to get in . He was going to block shots , he was going to catch lobs , he was going to ignite our break and get tj ford out in transition , and most importantly .. he was going to give the kind of effort that was contagious . He would single handedly change games for us . I think ridnours passing ability could help restore dans confidence .

To ignore that . or the possibility of that happening , because allen can hit 2-3 jumpshots per game ...i just think thats a bit off . The question for me is simple , has skiles idenfied how much of an asset dan could be to this team ? and if so , what is he doing to get that dan back to form ...because weather its allen or elson playing the 4/5 for us ... neither of them excite me as much as a confident dan gadzuric . I say we give the guy a chance and not just a 2-3 minute per night chance ..but a window of commitment ... Say , a 10 game stretch where we commit to dan , good or bad .. let him play thru the mistakes ...this is what nba teams do ..its called " developing talent " .
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#255 » by LUKE23 » Thu Oct 9, 2008 4:03 pm

LukePliska wrote:Even if we get the old Gadzuric back it would still be difficult to start him at PF.

Yep.

If we started Gadzuric, we'd have one consistent outside threat, Redd. Ridnour is a very inconsistent shooter, and while RJ has improved that aspect of his game, he's still hot and cold. Bogut can't shoot outside consistently, and Gadzuric would kill small children shooting anywhere outside 3 feet.

Gadzuric is not starting at PF. I can't believe some people are honestly saying he should. It's Gadzuric!!
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,311

Post#256 » by paulpressey25 » Thu Oct 9, 2008 4:29 pm

I agree with Rock....Gadz did "ok" last night and has looked better than Elson IMO.

But that isn't saying much.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Rockmaninoff
General Manager
And1: 1,667

Post#257 » by Rockmaninoff » Thu Oct 9, 2008 4:36 pm

LUKE23 wrote:
Yep.

If we started Gadzuric, we'd have one consistent outside threat, Redd. Ridnour is a very inconsistent shooter, and while RJ has improved that aspect of his game, he's still hot and cold. Bogut can't shoot outside consistently, and Gadzuric would kill small children shooting anywhere outside 3 feet.

Gadzuric is not starting at PF. I can't believe some people are honestly saying he should. It's Gadzuric!!

But, he did in the Olympics. Which is why he shouldn't be hesitating when he has an open look from mid-range, and even mid-range extended, in these preseason games. Get some confidence on that shot now, so that it might be there when the real season starts.
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:The fight for civil rights just like for liberty and justice and peace won't be won by man. It will take a god...so lets move on to sports.

Magic Giannison wrote:Giannis is god but even god's cannot save our **** team.
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#258 » by LUKE23 » Thu Oct 9, 2008 4:43 pm

It's not going to improve between now and the season. We have less than three weeks.

Gadzuric IS NOT going to start.
bandini
Freshman

Post#259 » by bandini » Thu Oct 9, 2008 7:19 pm

I've watched some preseason games (knicks @ toronto, hornets v indiana and heat vs nets in France right now) and i'm so worried about our team. The weakest eastern team I've seen is ... the Bucks. Maybe because i'm a fan and i worry about too many things but... There is something wrong.

Hope we can build something fast because with this awful schedule...

That is not relevant with this thread, I apologize but i have to share my sadness^^.
Neapolitan Buck
Sixth Man

Post#260 » by Neapolitan Buck » Thu Oct 9, 2008 7:48 pm

Saying that gadzuric is going to start is speaking with the voice of desperation.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks