ImageImage

Bucks vs Pistons 10/08/08 @6:30

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

carmelbrownqueen
RealGM
And1: 42

Re: Bucks vs Pistons 10/08/08 @6:30 

Post#261 » by carmelbrownqueen » Thu Oct 9, 2008 8:09 pm

bandini wrote:I've watched some preseason games (knicks @ toronto, hornets v indiana and heat vs nets in France right now) and i'm so worried about our team. The weakest eastern team I've seen is ... the Bucks. Maybe because i'm a fan and i worry about too many things but... There is something wrong.

Hope we can build something fast because with this awful schedule...

That is not relevant with this thread, I apologize but i have to share my sadness^^.

Honestly I don't understand the concern. I could see if our projected starting lineup had been healthy and played substantial minutes in the preseason opener and we still ended up getting routed. But we have played two preseason games and both games we have been without many of our starters and rotation guys. What is anyone worrying about at this point? I don't even understand. We don't have a rookie coach he shows just a basic understanding of how manage talent and win on this level, so what is the worry for? I don't get it. :dontknow:
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan

"We don't accept anything but winning. We don't accept anything but playing hard." - John Hammond
BuckFan25226
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,010

Post#262 » by BuckFan25226 » Thu Oct 9, 2008 8:25 pm

carmelbrownqueen wrote:
bandini wrote:I've watched some preseason games (knicks @ toronto, hornets v indiana and heat vs nets in France right now) and i'm so worried about our team. The weakest eastern team I've seen is ... the Bucks. Maybe because i'm a fan and i worry about too many things but... There is something wrong.

That is not relevant with this thread, I apologize but i have to share my sadness^^.

Honestly I don't understand the concern. I could see if our projected starting lineup had been healthy and played substantial minutes in the preseason opener and we still ended up getting routed. But we have played two preseason games and both games we have been without many of our starters and rotation guys. What is anyone worrying about at this point? I don't even understand. We don't have a rookie coach he shows just a basic understanding of how manage talent and win on this level, so what is the worry for? I don't get it. :dontknow:

Well said, I don't understand the concern either.
"didnt you watch the game with the raptors?bucks is also a playoff team ,they have enough ability to find wins from dalas and utach,
blow jazzs bitches and mavericks bitches out !"

- yiyiyi
RonaldArtest
General Manager
And1: 12,531

Post#263 » by RonaldArtest » Thu Oct 9, 2008 8:44 pm

Any idea why Ridnour didn't start guys?
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,774

Post#264 » by emunney » Thu Oct 9, 2008 9:03 pm

Ridnour has a sore knee. I can't remember if they're calling it tendinitis or what.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#265 » by paul » Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:25 am

BuckFan25226 wrote:
carmelbrownqueen wrote:

Well said, I don't understand the concern either.

Yep, I'm there with both of you.
BDUB_30
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#266 » by BDUB_30 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:19 am

LUKE23 wrote:
LukePliska wrote:Even if we get the old Gadzuric back it would still be difficult to start him at PF.

Neither Bogut or Gadzuric are threats outside of 5ish feet... With Redd being on the threat to shoot from the perimeter it would create for a pretty poor offense, IMO.

Yep.

If we started Gadzuric, we'd have one consistent outside threat, Redd. Ridnour is a very inconsistent shooter, and while RJ has improved that aspect of his game, he's still hot and cold. Bogut can't shoot outside consistently, and Gadzuric would kill small children shooting anywhere outside 3 feet.

Gadzuric is not starting at PF. I can't believe some people are honestly saying he should. It's Gadzuric!!

flawed logic .

lets not start the better defender , shot blocker , floor runner , rebounder.......because ????

Our team needs cv or allens jumpshot ? :lol:

Doesnt make sense to me , of course i am saying Gadzuric is this player based on the clear assumption that skiles feels he can restore dans confdience ...IF we could do that , not playing dan in favor of malik allen or cv because they are both such potent outside shooters is one of the most absurd suggestions ive yet to read on here ! ...

The question isnt a matter of our jump shooting going to hell ...because simply put cv or allen or any of our pfs arent going to give us much in that regard at all ... the question is , can skiles get dan back to that pre-stotts form .. I think hes trying , and i think he knows that dan clearly is the 2nd best big we have on this team , only behind Bogut ...

Yall love to trash him , and you clearly are basing that on very real things , dan has been honestly one of the worse bucks ive seen in quite a long time .. hes so bad on some nights its actually humorous . BUT let me remind you , its not like dan was awarded his contract just for NO GOOD REASON! Im sure youll play the larry harris sucks card in regards to that , but we all LOVED DAN under karl and porter . Their was a time where dan looked like he was going to be a quality player in this league ..and his numbers were impressive ..led the leauge in blocks per 48 and he single handedly changed games for us .

So what happend to dan has to be the question , how can we get dan back to being the player that was awarded that contract ..and whats the possibilites of it actually happening , and how much are we willing to commit to getting him back .. Like i said , i say 10 games ..CONISTANT MINUTES ! .. Not this stotts or larry k bs .. but giving dan the confidence that he will be allowed to PLAY THRU a few mistakes will do wonders for his confidence ..

but hey , lets all scrap that idea for the outside reggie miller eque shooting of Malik Allen and Charlie V ! .... :lol: Not to mention the minutes dan would be getting at the 5 .. but naw , we need the jumpshooting of FRANSISCO ELSON ! ....really ? Fransico Elson ?
SidTheMan4
Junior
And1: 78

Post#267 » by SidTheMan4 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:24 am

Gadzuric is the saddest thing ever. He had the ball on the low post last night and freaked out, shooting an air ball from 4 feet. By far the worst NBA player I have ever seen. He has no basketball skills whatsover. He should never see the floor. This has been going on for years and you can't see this? Learn some basketball.
BDUB_30
Banned User

Post#268 » by BDUB_30 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:30 am

Dans numbers as a starter .. mind you , not playing starters minutes ..22 mpg

04-05 MIL 81 81 22.0 0.539 0.000 0.538 3.2 5.1 8.3 0.4 0.6 1.3 1.00 2.80 7.3
SidTheMan4
Junior

Post#269 » by SidTheMan4 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:33 am

Get off the stats. They lie. Watching games you can tell who can play and who can't. Because you put up stats at the end of the year when games mean nothing, big deal. See Ramon Sessions. Gadzuric is just horrible.
BDUB_30
Banned User

Post#270 » by BDUB_30 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:35 am

SidTheMan4 wrote:Gadzuric is the saddest thing ever. He had the ball on the low post last night and freaked out, shooting an air ball from 4 feet. By far the worst NBA player I have ever seen. He has no basketball skills whatsover. He should never see the floor. This has been going on for years and you can't see this? Learn some basketball.

Hes has the 2nd best rebounding statistics and first best blocks per game weve seen in milwauke in a decade. .and did it while only playing 22mpg .

Get some perspective and understand the mental aspect of the game . if youre going to have young talent , and youre going to put a new coach on the team every year , and youre not going to develop your young guys and play them sporadic minutes .. Youre going to have guys like dan gadzuric whom clearly reflect that inconistancy in their play ..

If not that ... id like to hear your reasoning / theory as to what happend to dans production ? Why did he go from being the nba's leader in blocks per 48 minutes to being a completle and total bum ? Whats your theory on this ?

ohh wait you dont have one cause you didnt give it much thought ....
mbucks22
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#271 » by mbucks22 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:38 am

Gadzuric flat out sucks in every aspect of the game. Watching him attempt to play his very painful for the eyes. Don't know how anyone could legitimately argue FOR him.
SidTheMan4
Junior

Post#272 » by SidTheMan4 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:38 am

Watch him play for 2 minutes and you can see why. He can't score, can't defend and has no clue where to be or what to do at anytime. Other than he is very good. But he is fast. Zero basketball skills!
BDUB_30
Banned User

Post#273 » by BDUB_30 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:40 am

that last two quality / succsesful coaches we had in miwaukee ( karl / porter ) ...played Dan minutes .. hell , porter even let dan start 81 games for his squad ..

the next two coaches ( stotts , coach k) both cut dans minutes in half immedialty ...Under porter , dan was a starter ... the very next year ...stotts throws dan to the end of the bench ...

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Ill take Karl and Porters opionon of Dan over the other two any day ...especially when our options are ??? Fransico and allen ?
BDUB_30
Banned User

Post#274 » by BDUB_30 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:44 am

SidTheMan4 wrote:Watch him play for 2 minutes and you can see why. He can't score, can't defend and has no clue where to be or what to do at anytime. Other than he is very good. But he is fast. Zero basketball skills!

Im still waiting for your opionon on why you think dan gadzuric went from being a quality player under karl and porter ..and sucked ass for the two , clearly less succsesful coaches.

I guess that would require you to think past the corny parapharases like " WATCH HIM PLAY FOR 2 minutes " ..

from what ive gathered .. you could watch him play for 2 decade and still have no logical foundation to process what youve seen . ! :lol:
BDUB_30
Banned User

Post#275 » by BDUB_30 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:46 am

mbucks22 wrote:Gadzuric flat out sucks in every aspect of the game. Watching him attempt to play his very painful for the eyes. Don't know how anyone could legitimately argue FOR him.

i guess leading the nba in blocks per 48 mpg and pulling down 8.5 rebounds in 22 minutes a game isnt grounds for arguing " FOR " him ... :lol:
BDUB_30
Banned User

Post#276 » by BDUB_30 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:50 am

SidTheMan4 wrote:Get off the stats. They lie. Watching games you can tell who can play and who can't. Because you put up stats at the end of the year when games mean nothing, big deal. See Ramon Sessions. Gadzuric is just horrible.

are you stupid ?

serious question, no joke ... are you dumb ?

those stats arent from the " end of a year " like sessions ... those stats are from an entire nba season where dan was a starter .... 81 games to be exact ..thats not a fair enough sample size for you ? an entire nba season ?

how you can compare this to sessions playing in 14 games at the end of a season is beyond me ...so im left with no other question other then .....are you stupid ?
SidTheMan4
Junior

Post#277 » by SidTheMan4 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:55 pm

The memorable 04-05 season. Gadzuric was a killer in all of the meaningless games down the stretch when things again did not matter. Early in that season when they thought they had a chance do you think he played when it mattered? No because he should never touch the ball. He had to start because sadly they had nobody else to play center. That is whey they drafted Bogut.

Zendon Hamilton, Daniel Santiago, Marcus Fizer, that was some steep competitiion for playing time. ZaZa was the only thing close to being good they had, and they needed him off the bench for some potent scoring. So you keep wishing for the Dunking Dorkman to get on the floor and if he does every minute he is out there our chances of winning diminish.

Anybody making this much of an argument for Gadz has got to be the dumbest basketball mind ever. So in answer to your question if I am stupid. I am pretty sure I forgot more about basketball than you have or ever will know.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks