ImageImage

NBA League Pass Broadband

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

bayrdbandit
Sixth Man
And1: 1

NBA League Pass Broadband 

Post#1 » by bayrdbandit » Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:59 pm

someone has posted this on the general discussions thread...

http://www.nba.com/leaguepass/online.html

i can't seem to see how it's linked from the main nba.com site, but if it's true and we actually will be able to subscribe to league pass as a standalone product, many of us will be ecstatic.
LISTEN2JAZZ
RealGM
And1: 172

Re: NBA League Pass Broadband 

Post#2 » by LISTEN2JAZZ » Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:01 am

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

Why can't I find a price?
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,959

Post#3 » by stellation » Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:21 am

Sweet jesus!
#FreeChuckDiesel
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#4 » by paul » Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:37 am

Nice find Bandit, I've been chasing them via email for a couple of weeks but of course haven't had a response. So it says to sign in to your all access account to sign up for it, but then theres no option in the all access area? Hopefully it goes live soon.
bayrdbandit
Sixth Man

Post#5 » by bayrdbandit » Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:04 am

paul wrote:Nice find Bandit, I've been chasing them via email for a couple of weeks but of course haven't had a response. So it says to sign in to your all access account to sign up for it, but then theres no option in the all access area? Hopefully it goes live soon.

that's just it, i don't think it's a live page. probably waiting for stern to press the big red button to activate it.

this would be a cash cow of tremendous proportions if they were to charge $100-$200 for it.
jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#6 » by jerrod » Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:05 am

i hope this doesn't turn out to just be for american users only. i could see that happening
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,959

Post#7 » by stellation » Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:20 am

jerrod wrote:i hope this doesn't turn out to just be for american users only. i could see that happening

I was thinking that might be the case when I saw the note that it will be subject to "local and national blackouts".
#FreeChuckDiesel
bayrdbandit
Sixth Man

Post#8 » by bayrdbandit » Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:33 am

i just received an email with the usual spiel:

NBA LEAGUE PASS Broadband is not sold as a stand-alone product.

You must be an active NBA LEAGUE PASS satellite or digital cable television subscriber to get NBA LEAGUE PASS Broadband.

To find out how to subscribe to NBA LEAGUE PASS, visit NBA.com and click the link to LEAGUE PASS on the left navigation bar, or go directly to http://www.nba.com/nba_tv/howgetleaguepass.html

not sure what to think now...
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,869

Post#9 » by emunney » Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:41 am

Fantastic. I just got a job, and I am on board as soon as they get their shiz together.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
fam3381
General Manager

Post#10 » by fam3381 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:44 am

It's really awesome that to authenticate my LP subscription for broadband access, I have to wait until there's an actual game to click on in the LP schedule. Which means I probably won't get to watch Tuesday's game since it will take a day or more to authenticate. So f'ing stupid.
Retired Bucks blogger. Occasional Bucks podcaster.
LISTEN2JAZZ
RealGM

Post#11 » by LISTEN2JAZZ » Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:14 am

fam did you find a price?

How can they not have launched this yet when the season starts in two days?

I'm probably ok for the first week because my cable provider will do a one week preview of league pass. But after that I'd prefer to do the online thing.

This could actually save me a lot of money, because I could cancel my cable service altogether. I really only need it for playoffs.
Andrewoc83
Junior
And1: 4

Post#12 » by Andrewoc83 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:23 am

If true, this is amazing. I thought of 2 things.

1.) You know how NBATV games aren't available online (because watching before required that you have a Digital Cable subscription, and apparently they wanted to force you to watch via TV)? I wonder if they won't be blacked out if you buy the NBA League Pass Broadband.

2.) Do you think you could say you live in Virginia or Maryland, for instance, to not be included in an official NBA market in order to reduce/cut out all blackouts?
Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.

Mark Twain
vlietinho
Veteran
And1: 480

Post#13 » by vlietinho » Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:15 am

jerrod wrote:i hope this doesn't turn out to just be for american users only. i could see that happening

My thoughts exactly..
bayrdbandit
Sixth Man

Post#14 » by bayrdbandit » Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:47 am

if there are any american subscribers to the cable league pass, who have signed up for the broadband access and are willing to share their username and password... i'm willing to pay you in full for access to your account.

of course on the provision that i can't legitimately buy it through the nba myself and that more than one person is allowed to log in at one time and that my international ip address isn't an issue.

so there you go, let me pay your league pass bill for you. thecharliefarm@gmail.com
vlietinho
Veteran
And1: 480

Post#15 » by vlietinho » Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:52 am

bayrdbandit wrote:if there are any american subscribers to the cable league pass, who have signed up for the broadband access and are willing to share their username and password... i'm willing to pay you in full for access to your account.

of course on the provision that i can't legitimately buy it through the nba myself and that more than one person is allowed to log in at one time and that my international ip address isn't an issue.

so there you go, let me pay your league pass bill for you. thecharliefarm@gmail.com

The problem with this option (I tried this myself too), is that all Bucks games will be blacked out if the account you get is from someone in the Wisconsin area. You'll only be able to see games from other teams... So you would need a subscription from someone who lives outsite of the Milwaukee area.
bayrdbandit
Sixth Man

Post#16 » by bayrdbandit » Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:19 pm

good news for australians... channel ten-hd announced this morning their 24 hour sports channel will start at the beginning of the year. one of their trump cards is the nba.
Mike X
Starter
And1: 13

Post#17 » by Mike X » Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:10 am

Yeeeeeeeeeee-haaaaaaaaaaawwwwww
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,644

Post#18 » by SupremeHustle » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:14 am

bayrdbandit wrote:if there are any american subscribers to the cable league pass, who have signed up for the broadband access and are willing to share their username and password... i'm willing to pay you in full for access to your account.

I sent you an email, Bandit.
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
bayrdbandit
Sixth Man

Post#19 » by bayrdbandit » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:51 am

SupremeHustle wrote:
I sent you an email, Bandit.

roger that.
LISTEN2JAZZ
RealGM

Post#20 » by LISTEN2JAZZ » Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:07 am

You've got to wonder about the business acumen of a company that has a product people are dying to pay for, but chooses not to sell it. No wonder only 5 to 7 out of 30 teams are turning a profit.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks