ImageImage

Bucks Jazz Postgame

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

wichmae
RealGM
And1: 1,031

Bucks Jazz Postgame 

Post#1 » by wichmae » Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:41 am

Tough defensive game. Both Luke played well...
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,941

Re: Bucks Jazz Postgame 

Post#2 » by stellation » Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:42 am

Who is Kyrylo Fesenko and did he actually start the game over Koufos?
#FreeChuckDiesel
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,825

Post#3 » by emunney » Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:44 am

Yes, he started, got 2 quick fouls, stayed in for another play or two, then never came back. He's a 2nd rounder from last year who our scouting staff loved the previous year.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
REDD-hot22
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#4 » by REDD-hot22 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:45 am

Maybe if the bucks hit ANY OPEN JUMPERS, we would have won by double digits.
Redd, get a top-notch surgeon with all the money you have and come back at the START of next season, no later! I have a feeling you will make a HUGE comeback and play better than you ever have in your career. People are doubting you, make it happen mike.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,337

Post#5 » by crkone » Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:45 am

All right the others stepped up today. Redd, RJ, and Bogut were garbage mostly shooting wise but at least Bogut took a big charge and Redd had springs in his shoes. Ridnour is on fire right now and Luc was everywhere.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,402

Post#6 » by trwi7 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:46 am

Ridnour and Luc played well. Jefferson and Max were bad and Bogut played like a pube again.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,337

Post#7 » by crkone » Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:46 am

Seriously Redd come on, 1-9 from behind the 3 point line. That's 4th quarter Max, not 1-3 quarter Max.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
BDUB_30
Banned User

Post#8 » by BDUB_30 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:47 am

Skiles comments on bogut very interesting .

" bogut has had more touches in this 30-40 game stretch then over any 30-40 game stretch his entire carrer "

" bogut is a very good high post player , and just a good low post player , we want him to get more comfortable with his back to the basket " ...

i got news for ya skiles ..its not going to happen .. Bogut is a face up basketball player , who thinks the game and needs to see the court to play the game . Stop trying to make him something hes not . Skiles just basicaly said what ive been saying on here for the past 4 months . they are almost forcing bogut to play this style , its a mistake imo ....but eh , were not playing so bad ..i can live with it .
Joana
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#9 » by Joana » Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:48 am

Bucks were solid on defence, and that's what deliver wins, even when the shots aren't falling. They were controlling the boards in crunch time, that was ugly to see.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,072

Post#10 » by Thunder Muscle » Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:48 am

Bucks Fever! Catch it!

Nice ugly win. Good to see them pull these kind of games out, especially after p*ssing away a huge lead in the 3rd. Ridnour played well. RJ struggled but hit a big shot late in the 4th. Redd was decent for the most part - well shooting struggled but had a bounce in his step. Bogut was steady and Luc Richard did his thing. Good team game. Hope Bell isn't hurt too bad, need all the parts going.

Be nice to get steal a game at home against Detroit. The Bucks are slowly building a home court advantage it seems, hopefully people start to come out. Keep getting wins and they will. Tough Texas trip awaits though...
wichmae
RealGM
And1: 1,031

Post#11 » by wichmae » Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:50 am

Im really glad this board is coming around on Ridnour...

Finally everyone else is seeing what he brings.

Alot of players contributed in alot of ways tonight. Bogut had to help on everythin and we got abused in the 2nd half on the glass cuz of it. RJ played good D and CV had some clutch buckets. I think we need a pure shooter on the team. A Kapono, Korver or Carroll type of guy. Those WIDE open clanks from Redd are really starting to bother me.
BDUB_30
Banned User

Post#12 » by BDUB_30 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:53 am

I love ridnours game , and have loved it ..

the crazy thing about luke is he plays the game with very little regard for the box score . he does alot of little things out there that are so good for this team .. he promotes that good quality ball movment because luke will give it up just to give it up ..

i think ridnour has a rule for himself , that he can never dominate the ball for 4-5 seconds .. if hes trying to wait on bogut and bogut cant get position ..luke wont continue to pound the dribble .. he will just give it up and cut hard to the basket .. hes a smart ball player ..

dude could without a doubt learn to throw an oop though ... :lol:
ClassicJack
Lead Assistant
And1: 965

Post#13 » by ClassicJack » Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:03 am

BDUB_30 wrote:Skiles comments on bogut very interesting .

" bogut has had more touches in this 30-40 game stretch then over any 30-40 game stretch his entire carrer "

" bogut is a very good high post player , and just a good low post player , we want him to get more comfortable with his back to the basket " ...

i got news for ya skiles ..its not going to happen .. Bogut is a face up basketball player , who thinks the game and needs to see the court to play the game . Stop trying to make him something hes not . Skiles just basicaly said what ive been saying on here for the past 4 months . they are almost forcing bogut to play this style , its a mistake imo ....but eh , were not playing so bad ..i can live with it .

But you can't really utilize him effectively out of the high post if he can't hit a jumper so it's not worth taking him off the low block and losing that big body down there to get his hands on rebounds when our actual scorers clank shots which they're prone to do. So we'll have to live with his half a postmove until he develops some semblance of a jumper.
F*** Marc Davis, f*** Tim Donaghy and f*** David Stern as a staff, record label and as a mothaf**kin crew......and if you wanna be down with Stern then F*** YOU TOO!!! Stu Jackson f*** you too.....all you mothaf**kas F*** YOU TOO!!!!
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,955

Post#14 » by Jez2983 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:10 am

ClassicJack wrote:

But you can't really utilize him effectively out of the high post if he can't hit a jumper so it's not worth taking him off the low block and losing that big body down there to get his hands on rebounds when our actual scorers clank shots which they're prone to do. So we'll have to live with his half a postmove until he develops some semblance of a jumper.

In his defence he only takes one jumper about every 3 games :) In any case, it couldn't have been any worse than our SF's jump-shooting abilities tonight.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
pasting_monkeys
Starter
And1: 1

Post#15 » by pasting_monkeys » Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:18 am

Ridnour is playing like a starting caliber point guard in recent games, he's really starting to click with the other players. And dare i say it, tonight he outplayed Deron Williams.
BDUB_30
Banned User

Post#16 » by BDUB_30 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:20 am

ClassicJack wrote:

no not really .

if you listen to skiles comments , he just said that bogut is a great high post player ..and a good low post player .

if skiles felt that having a jumpshot was mandatory for playing high post basketball he wouldnt of made the comment that bogut is a " great high post player " .

the bottom line is , it is not ...the bucks can use bogut in the high post to set screans and then DIVE to the basket for rythem passes / finishes .. or for andrew to facilitate via the pass out of the high post .. or for andrew to intiate his offense from the high post position .

he doesnt have to have a jumper to play high post baskteball and as everyone has noticed , its really when hes at his best .

"losing his big body down there " would not only make andrew more effective ..it would also open up the paint a little for rj and others to go to the basket . as it stands now , his big body down there is only paying off when we actualy make other teams pay for doubling andrew .. the problem is , it doesnt happen enough to offset the turnovers andrew makes down there , the missed shots , the wearing down the 24 , and the clogging of the paint making it hard for our other 4 players to get easy buckets thru penetration .
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM
And1: 42

Post#17 » by carmelbrownqueen » Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:22 am

We're getting closer and closer to .500.. we have to beat Detroit on Saturday.
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan

"We don't accept anything but winning. We don't accept anything but playing hard." - John Hammond
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,402

Post#18 » by trwi7 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:24 am

carmelbrownqueen wrote: we have to beat Detroit on Saturday.

And we would still be under .500.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#19 » by REDDzone » Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:24 am

wichmae wrote:Im really glad this board is coming around on Ridnour...

Finally everyone else is seeing what he brings.

No, this is an unfair post.

You state it like Ridnour has been playing this way all year long, but we are only now able to for some reason comprehend how good he is.

That's simply not true.

Ridnour sucked the first half of the season, and he got flack for it.

He has been really, really good the last 5-6 games, and solid for a few more beyond that, and he isn't taking the flack anymore.

His is a very different game when he is hitting shots, and judging from tonight he hits shots when they come in the flow of the offense and he doesn't jack transition 20 footers all night long.

I love Ridnour's recent play, he has been above average in nearly all facets of the game (although I still would like him to look for the pass a little more often on pick and rolls), but if he goes back to horrible Ridnour, he will take the criticism associated with that.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,208

Post#20 » by paulpressey25 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:25 am

I don't think Bogut played badly tonight, but it was disheartening to see Milsap literally body him out to the interior of the three point line on many occasions.

Still, I've got no complaints. This was a hard fought team victory. It is good to see LRMAM getting back into that groove he had going in November.

Redd for AK47 would have been a sweet trade two-years ago if it had ever been a possibility.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25

Return to Milwaukee Bucks