ImageImage

Damon Jones back + WSSP rumor (page 8)

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Re: Damon Jones to rejoin team on 12/27 

Post#101 » by REDDzone » Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:15 am

carmelbrownqueen wrote:And again, why do we need something official to be stated about this? This isn't Stephon Marbury.. nobody has been expressing any type of keen interest in the Bucks/Damon Jones situation. Really it seems like an inconsequential thing. Could we use his three point shooting? Sure, but we actually have been performing reasonably well as of late without it.. oh and let's not forget that our coach doesn't sound very enthused about his presence. So why now?

I agree that its weird, but I'm not sure I understand what you are speculating.

If we were going to ship DJ, or anyone else off, why would the press release have anything to do with it? Does it make one or the other situations (he stays, he goes, he stays and someone else goes) more likely?
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
fam3381
General Manager
And1: 171

Post#102 » by fam3381 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:19 am

carmelbrownqueen wrote:And again, why do we need something official to be stated about this? This isn't Stephon Marbury.. nobody has been expressing any type of keen interest in the Bucks/Damon Jones situation. Really it seems like an inconsequential thing. Could we use his three point shooting? Sure, but we actually have been performing reasonably well as of late without it.. oh and let's not forget that our coach doesn't sound very enthused about his presence. So why now?

Don't you think it'd be weird if he just all of a sudden shows up on the bench unannounced? I don't see him playing much of a role on this team, but I think it's worth them announcing it before he actually comes back. Particularly because we've all been blathering about it here and that compelled the JS to confirm it with the team. If it's important enough to get people talking, then I think it makes sense for the team to officially announce something.
Retired Bucks blogger. Occasional Bucks podcaster.
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM
And1: 42

Post#103 » by carmelbrownqueen » Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:19 am

REDDzone wrote:

I agree that its weird, but I'm not sure I understand what you are speculating.

If we were going to ship DJ, or anyone else off, why would the press release have anything to do with it? Does it make one or the other situations (he stays, he goes, he stays and someone else goes) more likely?

My point was that all of this is a little odd... this isn't typically how we would handle a situation like this. It's just interesting to me. :D
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan

"We don't accept anything but winning. We don't accept anything but playing hard." - John Hammond
steger_3434
RealGM
And1: 5,481

Post#104 » by steger_3434 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:22 am

I was hoping for something bigger, but was expecting something small like this. Jones doesn't help this team at all and when Bell is healthy I can't see him getting any minutes at all. What I don't understand is how some of the "insiders" said this "surprise" didn't involve Jones, but here we sit with Jones being the big news.
yiyiyi wrote:give rockets Redd ,houston give you T-MAC in return .please help rockets!
i dont want see that woman anymore !
Durbanfish4
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#105 » by Durbanfish4 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:23 am

Check this out (from 1250wssp.com):

"This may be a move that lines the Bucks up to make a trade in the near future. Rumblings going around have included PG Tyronn Lue and PF Charlie V involved in potential deals. Stay tuned to 1250 WSSP for the latest on the Milwaukee Bucks."
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,418

Post#106 » by trwi7 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:24 am

Durbanfish4 wrote:Check this out (from 1250wssp.com):

"This may be a move that lines the Bucks up to make a trade in the near future. Rumblings going around have included PG Tyronn Lue and PF Charlie V involved in potential deals. Stay tuned to 1250 WSSP for the latest on the Milwaukee Bucks."

When has WSSP ever scooped a trade involving any team?
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM

Post#107 » by carmelbrownqueen » Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:25 am

steger_3434 wrote:I was hoping for something bigger, but was expecting something small like this. Jones doesn't help this team at all and when Bell is healthy I can't see him getting any minutes at all. What I don't understand is how some of the "insiders" said this "surprise" didn't involve Jones, but here we sit with Jones being the big news.

You're assuming that Jones is the "big news" and actually only one person stated the Jones wasn't involved from what I recall.
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan

"We don't accept anything but winning. We don't accept anything but playing hard." - John Hammond
fam3381
General Manager
And1: 171

Post#108 » by fam3381 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:26 am

carmelbrownqueen wrote:My point was that all of this is a little odd... this isn't typically how we would handle a situation like this. It's just interesting to me. :D

Agree 100%. It's all very curious...
Retired Bucks blogger. Occasional Bucks podcaster.
Durbanfish4
Sophomore

Post#109 » by Durbanfish4 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:27 am

trwi7 wrote:

Well, I'm not saying that they have any sort of scoop on anything, it's just interesting that they claim to know of "rumblings" going on involving those two players...
power4wardjinx
Pro Prospect

Post#110 » by power4wardjinx » Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:30 am

REDDzone wrote:How is DJ better than Lue? Its not his defense (which is worse), or his much worse rebounding is it? Even if we only consider offense? Is it the lower fg%, TS% and EFG% (comparing Jones last year to Lue this year), or is it the lower assist rate?

Lue is better than DJ in every aspect of the game at this point with the exception of DJ taking slightly better care of the ball.

With Lue hitting a deadly 65% of his threes, the thing to do is to find Ty some more shots not squeeze his PT even more. But with the trading deadline 55 days away, it's probably easier to trade a guy who's been working out with a team than a guy who's been hanging out in LA waiting for a phone call.
"Power forward ... again, that's something we'll probably have to address." - Larry Costello, Don Nelson, George Karl, Scott Skiles.
http://community.sportsbubbler.com/blog ... fault.aspx
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,418

Post#111 » by trwi7 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:30 am

Durbanfish4 wrote:
trwi7 wrote:

Well, I'm not saying that they have any sort of scoop on anything, it's just interesting that they claim to know of "rumblings" going on involving those two players...

I know. I'm just saying WSSP has never scooped anything, so I wouldn't expect anything to come from these "rumblings" about Lue and Villanueva.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM

Post#112 » by carmelbrownqueen » Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:34 am

fam3381 wrote:

Don't you think it'd be weird if he just all of a sudden shows up on the bench unannounced? I don't see him playing much of a role on this team, but I think it's worth them announcing it before he actually comes back. Particularly because we've all been blathering about it here and that compelled the JS to confirm it with the team. If it's important enough to get people talking, then I think it makes sense for the team to officially announce something.
Even with how well the team has been playing the interest in the Bucks isn't quite at the level as of yet where the average fan would care one way or the other about the addition of Damon Jones to this teams active roster.. the only fans who really care are the diehards who are aware that there was this mutual agreement about him not being here.

Durbanfish4
Sophomore

Post#113 » by Durbanfish4 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:35 am

I know. I'm just saying WSSP has never scooped anything, so I wouldn't expect anything to come from these "rumblings" about Lue and Villanueva.

That's very true. Whether or not anything involving either of those two actually does transpire doesn't really matter though, it's just fun trying to figure out who would be involved in those hypothetical trades.
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM

Post#114 » by carmelbrownqueen » Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:36 am

I would guess that WSSP wrote that after talking with Gery Woelfel because they had the story about Damon Jones joining the team up and on their website way before the JSonline article.

Andrew34r
Assistant Coach
And1: 2

Post#115 » by Andrew34r » Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:47 am

So if its a trade than it would probably be 2 Bucks players for one player from the other team and Jones would fill the open roster spot. That is of course if Jones is not involved in a deal. Just speculating cause im bored at work.
power4wardjinx
Pro Prospect

Post#116 » by power4wardjinx » Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:50 am

fam3381 wrote:

The main reason you put out a press release is to pick up some media coverage, and, sure enough, it was on every newscast at 5 and 6pm. The Bucks put out press releases when they picked up Croshere, too, and on every waiver request they made before they signed Croshere. It's just what you do - try to squeeze every amount of free media you can get in your market. Nothing odd about it at all.
"Power forward ... again, that's something we'll probably have to address." - Larry Costello, Don Nelson, George Karl, Scott Skiles.
http://community.sportsbubbler.com/blog ... fault.aspx
smooth 'lil balla
Assistant Coach
And1: 8

Post#117 » by smooth 'lil balla » Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:59 am

Agree with power4 here.

Also we are paying the guy a lot of money, we have an injury problem with Bell, and Bogut obviously thinks he's a good guy and good shooter. Generally the correct explanation is the easiest. He's here to make some 3's in a spot roll.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,857

Post#118 » by emunney » Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:02 am

Huh. So, just as a sort of brainstorm, I'm going to throw out names that I've read about being possibly available at any point this season.

Boozer
Bass
Odom
Kleiza
Kaman or Camby
Smith/Collison/Wilcox

That's just in the west. I don't know, there would seem to be a lot of awkward fits there, though they might be solid players. I'm hoping whatever this is is something I wouldn't have anticipated.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
xTitan
RealGM
And1: 2,283

Re: Damon Jones back + WSSP rumor (page 8) 

Post#119 » by xTitan » Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:18 am

My information flow is now, but a trickle...but based upon the comments Hammond made during the Q&A that GAD posted, along with Skiles comments, there is no way in hell Damon Jones is going to be on this roster for any period of time. Lue is just a good bench guy who is as good a shooter as Jones but light years better defender and ball handler. My guess is this is going to be a very small deal, Jones and possibly a #2 for another player who's deal is also expiring.
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM

Re: Damon Jones back + WSSP rumor (page 8) 

Post#120 » by carmelbrownqueen » Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:19 am

Yep it's been interesting stirring the pot. We'll see what happens. 8-)

Return to Milwaukee Bucks