ImageImage

CV,Lue may be traded for Landry and Filler

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

TotalPackage
Sophomore
And1: 0

Re: CV,Lue may be traded for Landry and Filler 

Post#441 » by TotalPackage » Thu Jan 1, 2009 2:59 am

Looks like the deal may have to be changed now.... CV, Lue and a filler for Landry :evil:

What an awful performance by CV tonight.,.. and against all of the teams to do it against.
After 2 years of trying to register for this website.... I can finally get on!!!
rocket_zoom
Sophomore

Post#442 » by rocket_zoom » Thu Jan 1, 2009 3:39 am

There is only one thing that you could dangle in front of Darryl Morey to get him to trade Landry this moment, and that would be some trade that could get the Rockets a top 15 PG in the league.

The combination of Brooks & Alston is serviceable for now, and Brooks may become starter quality for a PG in 1 or 2 years.

Otherwise, every other position is decently filled on the Rockets roster so I doubt Morey would give away an up and coming player like Landry that has future potential.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,977

Post#443 » by emunney » Thu Jan 1, 2009 3:13 pm

I wouldn't hold your breath on the top 15 point guard for your backup PF thing.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Oct 16th 1968
Junior

Post#444 » by Oct 16th 1968 » Thu Jan 1, 2009 5:20 pm

man some of those shots CV missed were soo bad and way off.. makes you think he was tanking on purpose.
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM
And1: 42

Post#445 » by carmelbrownqueen » Thu Jan 1, 2009 6:26 pm

I just finished watching the Houston/Bucks game (I'm on a mini vacation in Vegas and saved it on my laptop to watch today), thought I would add Jim and John are comedians. I'm sure this was brought up in the game thread but I thought it was funny so I am posting it here. Jim and John have obviously heard the rumors and read the boards because they were fueling the Carl Landry to Milwaukee fire. As they were talking him up at one point during the game Jim stated Carl wouldn't be able to wear the same jersey number in Milwaukee because that's Johnny Mac's retired number.

It also seemed like they had quite a few more front office staff with them than usual on this trip.. they spent quite a bit of time talking to the Director of Scouting.
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan

"We don't accept anything but winning. We don't accept anything but playing hard." - John Hammond
tisbee
Starter

Post#446 » by tisbee » Thu Jan 1, 2009 8:41 pm

It may all be much ado about nothing,but over on Rockets board GAD replied to me that Landry was a BYC player and that's why Head had to be included. I just now read the rest of that thread.

GAD,it's possible Landry is a loophole in the BYC thing. I used ESPN's trade machine and Hoopshype to check salaries and neither has Landry as a BYC player. Landry opted out of his second yr to be a restricted FA,the Rockets did not extend his rookie contract nor use Bird or Early Bird Rights,they used their MLE. A quick check of ESPN trade machine showed several other players who were FA signings under the MLE are not considered BYC players,even tho other players on their team are. It's entirely possible I-and ESPN-are wrong,but it looks as if players who weren't extended,nor signed using Bird/Early Bird rights don't qualify as BYC players. And such is the case w/Landry.(It makes sense,as the BYC was devised to keep teams from re-signing their own players to whatever contract they needed to make a trade work. A FA-even a RFA-is by definition not a team's player. Plus the BYC is for teams over the cap,and it was prob thought teams would use the MLE to bring in outside players,not use it to re-sign their own. They'd use the Bird/Early Bird or extensions of contracts for that. The veto a player gets whose team matches an offer was prob considered strong enough protection for a player.)
europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#447 » by europa » Thu Jan 1, 2009 8:47 pm

lawrybeard wrote:Hi Rockets, do you want to trade your guy that can play for our guy that can't? Please??

Ain't that the truth.
Nothing will not break me.
blueedwards
Banned User

Post#448 » by blueedwards » Fri Jan 2, 2009 12:29 am

Whats up with the rumor of Lue to Lakers for Mihm? If we are taking that poo. Does Mihm replace Elson? Or does this mean we have a deal of Gadz heading out? Just something to think about. Kings wanted Gadz in the past. But Elson and Mihm backing up Bogut would be wasted minutes. Unless we play small ball.
Licensed to Il
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,767

Post#449 » by Licensed to Il » Fri Jan 2, 2009 1:00 am

I can't see us wanting Mihm for anything other than cap relief.

He is soft, and would be in Skiles doghouse in a matter of days.

I do think there is something brewing with Houston though, they are on the verge of one (or more) moves. And speaking of the Rockets, did you see that they signed Greg Oden's younger brother? (Mutumbo)...
pasting_monkeys
Starter
And1: 1

Post#450 » by pasting_monkeys » Fri Jan 2, 2009 1:44 am

blueedwards wrote:Whats up with the rumor of Lue to Lakers for Mihm? If we are taking that poo. Does Mihm replace Elson? Or does this mean we have a deal of Gadz heading out? Just something to think about. Kings wanted Gadz in the past. But Elson and Mihm backing up Bogut would be wasted minutes. Unless we play small ball.

I thought the idea was that we traded Lue to Houston with CV. Then Houston trades Lue to LA (who desperately need a backup PG since Farmar is out) and they receive Chris Mihm in return, which will finally give Yao a serviceable back up.
rocket_zoom
Sophomore

Post#451 » by rocket_zoom » Fri Jan 2, 2009 4:24 am

pasting_monkeys wrote:
blueedwards wrote:Whats up with the rumor of Lue to Lakers for Mihm? If we are taking that poo. Does Mihm replace Elson? Or does this mean we have a deal of Gadz heading out? Just something to think about. Kings wanted Gadz in the past. But Elson and Mihm backing up Bogut would be wasted minutes. Unless we play small ball.

I thought the idea was that we traded Lue to Houston with CV. Then Houston trades Lue to LA (who desperately need a backup PG since Farmar is out) and they receive Chris Mihm in return, which will finally give Yao a serviceable back up.

The Rockets got their backup centre with Mutumbo. Don't think Morey is looking actively for any other position other than point guard, as we have decent players in all the other positions.
GrandAdmiralDan
RealGM
And1: 1,293

Post#452 » by GrandAdmiralDan » Fri Jan 2, 2009 8:13 am

tisbee wrote:It may all be much ado about nothing,but over on Rockets board GAD replied to me that Landry was a BYC player and that's why Head had to be included. I just now read the rest of that thread.

GAD,it's possible Landry is a loophole in the BYC thing. I used ESPN's trade machine and Hoopshype to check salaries and neither has Landry as a BYC player. Landry opted out of his second yr to be a restricted FA,the Rockets did not extend his rookie contract nor use Bird or Early Bird Rights,they used their MLE. A quick check of ESPN trade machine showed several other players who were FA signings under the MLE are not considered BYC players,even tho other players on their team are. It's entirely possible I-and ESPN-are wrong,but it looks as if players who weren't extended,nor signed using Bird/Early Bird rights don't qualify as BYC players. And such is the case w/Landry.(It makes sense,as the BYC was devised to keep teams from re-signing their own players to whatever contract they needed to make a trade work. A FA-even a RFA-is by definition not a team's player. Plus the BYC is for teams over the cap,and it was prob thought teams would use the MLE to bring in outside players,not use it to re-sign their own. They'd use the Bird/Early Bird or extensions of contracts for that. The veto a player gets whose team matches an offer was prob considered strong enough protection for a player.)

Great catch tisbee.

Landry is not BYC. That was my error. I should have examined that more closely. I apologize for the mistake.

Strangely enough, Landry wasn't in my head initially as being a BYC player. Someone else subsequently pointed out to me that Landry is BYC because he re-signed with the Rockets and got a huge raise, at which point I concurred, saying I must have overlooked that. At the time I had actually forgotten that Landry was from the 2007 class and not the 2006 class, so him coming off of just the one year deal didn't yet enter my mind (though I later pointed out the one year required tender bit, I can't believe at none of these junctures did I connect the dots).

That situation is indeed somewhat of a loophole.
BYC is one thing that needs to be cleaned up a bit in the next CBA, if there is time to deal with negotiations on changes for that particular section (much that should have been dealt with last time around in the 2005 negotiations had to be skipped when time ran short)
97-98
Nick Van Exel (LAL) on defending the Stockton-Malone pick-and-roll: "Yeah,
I got a way to defend it. Bring a bat to the game and kill one of them."
tisbee
Starter

Post#453 » by tisbee » Sat Jan 3, 2009 5:11 am

GAD,
I think we all pretty much assume a re-signed player becomes a BYC player.

For me,I wish the CBA would change Max Contracts to 20% of salary cap and raises equal to cap increase.
pilprin
Pro Prospect
And1: 87

Post#454 » by pilprin » Sat Jan 3, 2009 4:29 pm

So....is this deal still on the table or not?

I still think Landry fits our needs better than CV, but what do I know.
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM
And1: 42

Post#455 » by carmelbrownqueen » Sat Jan 3, 2009 4:37 pm

Would have been a nice deal for us, but I think it's time to give up on this one.
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan

"We don't accept anything but winning. We don't accept anything but playing hard." - John Hammond
blueedwards
Banned User

Post#456 » by blueedwards » Mon Jan 5, 2009 7:10 pm

Nothing much other then CV and Lue talks again.
http://newsok.com/trading-season-about- ... le/3335369
bigkurty
General Manager
And1: 1,511

Post#457 » by bigkurty » Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:42 am

January Stats so far after 5 games each for the month just for the heck of it:
CV
21.2 ppg
2.8 ast
6.0 rbd
0.6 bpg
0.8 spg
.882FT%
15-17 ft's
.500 3pt%
9-18 3pts
.547 fg%
41-75 fg's

Landry
9.2 ppg
0.4 ast
5.8 rbd
0.6 bpg
0.0 spg
.933FT%
14-15 ft's
.000 3pt%
0-0 3pts
.516 fg%
16-31 fg's

Pretty interesting comparison so far after the supposed possible trade.
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,750

Post#458 » by msiris » Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:47 am

bigkurty wrote:January Stats so far after 5 games each for the month just for the heck of it:
CV
21.2 ppg
2.8 ast
6.0 rbd
0.6 bpg
0.8 spg
.882FT%
15-17 ft's
.500 3pt%
9-18 3pts
.547 fg%
41-75 fg's

Landry
9.2 ppg
0.4 ast
5.8 rbd
0.6 bpg
0.0 spg
.933FT%
14-15 ft's
.000 3pt%
0-0 3pts
.516 fg%
16-31 fg's

Pretty interesting comparison so far after the supposed possible trade.
Do we risk resigning CV after playing in a contract year? Can we trust him? Will he keep it up? I do not like rewarding guys for half of year good play. Depends on what he demands.
Ride the tank
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,437

Post#459 » by trwi7 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:51 am

I like trading him for cash better.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
bigkurty
General Manager
And1: 1,511

Post#460 » by bigkurty » Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:53 am

msiris wrote:Pretty interesting comparison so far after the supposed possible trade. Do we risk resigning CV after playing in a contract year? Can we trust him? Will he keep it up? I do not like rewarding guys for half of year good play. Depends on what he demands.

That is a great question and we have been burned so many times by signing guys like that but I am hoping the FA market is very weak this year since everyone is gearing up for 2010 and he is a RFA and maybe we get lucky and can resign him for good value. I still honestly think we have to worry way more about retaining Sessions so I think retaining CV might be easier and cheaper than we think if that is what we choose to do.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks