Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,840

Woelfel on trade rumors (Redd on block) 

Post#1 » by paulpressey25 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:50 am

Woelfel on with Sparky tonight. Here's the summary:

Said significant chatter around the league the last five days regarding Bucks players being available.

-Four teams looking at Damon Jones

-Lakers would do Lue for Mihm

-CV in play with multiple teams. Has some value around the league right now. Said that scouts he was watching the game with thought Skiles pulled CV for bad decisions, but it was really a bad back.

-Woefel hearing many people around the league mention to him that Redd is being shopped by the Bucks.

-Hearing no one is safe except for Bogut.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Re: Woelfel on trade rumors (Redd on block) 

Post#2 » by REDDzone » Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:55 am

Did he mention the Landry deal at all?
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,213

Post#3 » by LUKE23 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:55 am

It would be sweet to unload Redd, but I don't see anyone taking on his contract after having watched him play this season. Either he's not healthy or he's declined athletically, because his shot is flatter than usual and he's not exploding to the rim either.

I'm just glad we're looking to try and improve our team, if any of these rumors are true.
BDUB_30
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#4 » by BDUB_30 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:56 am

paulpressey25 wrote:Woelfel on with Sparky tonight. Here's the summary:

Said significant chatter around the league the last five days regarding Bucks players being available.

-CV in play with multiple teams. Has some value around the league right now. Said that scouts he was watching the game with thought Skiles pulled CV for bad decisions, but it was really a bad back.

-Woefel hearing many people around the league mention to him that Redd is being shopped by the Bucks.

so basicaly everything we all already knew going into this season ..

cv/redd not really desired by this roster .

i dont buy that no one is safe for bogut ...i doubt the bucks are shopping moute . :lol:
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#5 » by REDDzone » Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:57 am

The other thread said teams are calling about Redd. That is so, so much more encouraging, it means teams would at least be interested in him AT SOME PRICE.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks

Post#6 » by paulpressey25 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:57 am

He talked Landry, but just mentioned the rumor. Offered no update on it.

Actually, Woefel offered zero specifics. Just that his usual crew of players, front office and scouts that he talks to all seemed to be telling him they are hearing about plenty of Bucks players on the block right now.

Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,612

Post#7 » by Baddy Chuck » Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:59 am

paulpressey25 wrote:-Four teams looking at Damon Jones

All trying to pawn off their worst contracts

paulpressey25 wrote:-Lakers would do Lue for Mihm

Theyd do a trade to upgrade talent? Big suprise there....

paulpressey25 wrote:-CV in play with multiple teams. Has some value around the league right now. Said that scouts he was watching the game with thought Skiles pulled CV for bad decisions, but it was really a bad back.

This is promising.

paulpressey25 wrote:-Woefel hearing many people around the league mention to him that Redd is being shopped by the Bucks.

Redd being shopped? Thank god. Hopefully we get some talent back and not just a salary dump.

paulpressey25 wrote:-Hearing no one is safe except for Bogut.

No one is safe on this team. At least they shouldnt be.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Max Green
RealGM
And1: 4,668

Post#8 » by Max Green » Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:00 am

He also that the Knicks was one of the teams that was interested in Redd during the offseason. He doesn't know if they still are or not.
Vice President of Parker-Nation.
#Jabariunleashed
#OwnTheFuture
:wizard: Maxtradamus
BDUB_30
Banned User

Post#9 » by BDUB_30 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:00 am

LUKE23 wrote: Either he's not healthy or he's declined athletically, because his shot is flatter than usual and he's not exploding to the rim either.

the idea that redd being forced to actualy think the game and the impact that would have on his offense didnt occur to you did it ?

sorry but , when for years you get to play ball with no accountability ...no shot restrictions , green light on everything ...playing one side of the court ...and suddenly your thrust into a system that it all changes ... your shots dont drop !
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks

Post#10 » by paulpressey25 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:02 am

REDDzone wrote:The other thread said teams are calling about Redd. .

I didn't hear Woelfel say other teams are calling about Redd. I may not have heard it correctly though. What I did hear Woelfel do was his usual "Michael is a really good player and can help lots of teams like Houston or Utah" song and dance.

And he also said that he heard the Knicks were serious about acquiring Redd last summer.

But in all of these comments, Woelfel fails to ever mention Redd's salary and how that will preclude deals to most of these teams where he might help them. And in the Knicks case, he completely forgets to mention that in the past month the Knicks rebuilt with 2010 in mind and would never take Redd's contract on at this point.

MilBucksBackOnTop06
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#11 » by MilBucksBackOnTop06 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:09 am

It's about time!

If we had moved Redd in the first place we would have this team on the move by now.

We should have traded him and that #8 pick we wasted to help move down on draft day and taken an OJ Mayo or Eric Gordon or a player like that, and a couple of fillers.

How hard would that have been? Miami was a suitor, and so was Minnesota and the Grizzlies in a trade.

We should have moved him and KEPT EVERYBODY ELSE! ...Including Mo Williams!
aaprigs311
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Post#12 » by aaprigs311 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:16 am

EDIT
BDUB_30
Banned User

Post#13 » by BDUB_30 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:17 am

MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:It's about time!

If we had moved Redd in the first place we would have this team on the move by now.

We should have traded him and that #8 pick we wasted to help move down on draft day and taken an OJ Mayo or Eric Gordon or a player like that, and a couple of fillers.

How hard would that have been? Miami was a suitor, and so was Minnesota and the Grizzlies in a trade.

We should have moved him and KEPT EVERYBODY ELSE! ...Including Mo Williams!

this is why your rants are just absurd .

you actually beleive this dumb **** ... yeah , memphis was gonna give up the chance at oj for redd and alexander ...

get real man ...post somethng with some damn substance , these unrealistic trades dont happen ...and wouldnt happen ..

if redd is so terrible , and as many of us think ..actually determental to a team.. why would someone give up a top 3 -5 loterry pick ....i mean its just absurd to suggest it .

youre all pissed off about this team because you think these moves COULD OF BEEN MADE ! ...its called dillusion.....
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,431

Post#14 » by emunney » Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:31 am

McHale is a bad GM we should be able to take advantage of, but he clearly had a Kevin Love jones, so there was no way he was going to drop all the way back to 8. I could picture him panicking and going after Redd in an attempt to save his career, but would the owner allow it at this point? I think he may have made his last big trade, and he'll be done if he can't turn that team around at least a little.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
MilBucksBackOnTop06
Banned User

Post#15 » by MilBucksBackOnTop06 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:34 am

BDUB_30 wrote:
LUKE23 wrote: Either he's not healthy or he's declined athletically, because his shot is flatter than usual and he's not exploding to the rim either.

the idea that redd being forced to actualy think the game and the impact that would have on his offense didnt occur to you did it ?

sorry but , when for years you get to play ball with no accountability ...no shot restrictions , green light on everything ...playing one side of the court ...and suddenly your thrust into a system that it all changes ... your shots dont drop !
Excellent observations by both of you!

Yes Redd's free throws and his shot is flat and has been flat all year. And no he cannot explode to the rim but if he beats you with the crossover he can finish at times.

I am not saying Redd is a scrub. He can actually help a team that needs one piece to get them over the hump.

A team like San Antonio, or Utah, or even Houston, or New Orleans if they can con us into taking Peja Stojkovic...and a filler or draft pick?

His game is suited for out West more then in the East. The Knicks would be an option but the guys I wanted for Redd in the Summer are all gone now...so it is too late for them now unless they part with BOTH LEE AND CHANDLER...and we throw in Charlie Villaneuva.

The thing that messes up future trades for the Bucks was trading for Richard Jefferson and then taking a SF in Joe Alexander in the draft duplicating a position that is easy to fill, and leaving two positions unaddressed.

Both trades coupled with the draft picks cut into our depth and left us thin across the board.
lawrybeard
Analyst
And1: 165

Post#16 » by lawrybeard » Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:35 am

It baffles me why any team would be interested in CV...
MilBucksBackOnTop06
Banned User

Post#17 » by MilBucksBackOnTop06 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:42 am

paulpressey25 wrote:
REDDzone wrote:The other thread said teams are calling about Redd. .

I didn't hear Woelfel say other teams are calling about Redd. I may not have heard it correctly though. What I did hear Woelfel do was his usual "Michael is a really good player and can help lots of teams like Houston or Utah" song and dance.

And he also said that he heard the Knicks were serious about acquiring Redd last summer.

But in all of these comments, Woelfel fails to ever mention Redd's salary and how that will preclude deals to most of these teams where he might help them. And in the Knicks case, he completely forgets to mention that in the past month the Knicks rebuilt with 2010 in mind and would never take Redd's contract on at this point.
Then with all due respect, you were NOT LISTENING to him them. He gave his usual blah blah blah spill about Redd being this or that (except a winner on the NBA level) but he did say, 'this time other teams are calling about Redd or have an interests in him.

He did say that and said he has heard that from players and GM's...which he has not heard as much in the past. Listen again...

Frankly, I am so mad I went to the Bucks' game over the WBBY High School tournament at 'the AL' to watch this sorry Bucks' team I would not mind seeing him launched for a bag of balls....

But I am no longer particular in what we get for Redd anymore just as long as he is gone and we can start over. This team needs a young star. A young star who can get this fan base excited and out to the games and give us some hope!

Redd's best days was as a 6th man and are behind him leading a basketball team. I begged this team to bring back Ray Allen instead of sign him to the big deal. Then they had a shot to pair them on the same team years later and they refused to do it!

So we are getting what our poor personell descisions and spending afford us. Other teams have made it work, why can't we?
RamonSessions
Banned User

Post#18 » by RamonSessions » Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:42 am

Psst, Lawry Beard .................... shh, don't share such views with the opposition.
Andrew34r
Assistant Coach
And1: 2

Post#19 » by Andrew34r » Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:45 am

lawrybeard wrote:It baffles me why any team would be interested in CV...

Teams will always be interested in potential and many teams will over-pay on potential alone. With a player like CV every team thinks they can be the team to get him to be a consitently good player.
power4wardjinx
Pro Prospect

Post#20 » by power4wardjinx » Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:46 am

BDUB_30 wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:Woelfel on with Sparky tonight. Here's the summary:

so basicaly everything we all already knew going into this season ..

cv/redd not really desired by this roster .

i dont buy that no one is safe for bogut ...i doubt the bucks are shopping moute . :lol:

This is what I was getting at on the other thread, B_DUB. Skiles actually took a shot at Redd through Woelfel yesterday when they were talking about Ridnour.

"Nobody knows how hurt he's been.' [Luke] probably shouldn't have played in several games. But he's an unselfish guy, so he played anyway.''

I don't think the Bucks are a happy camp after these last two home games and all the trade talk. I saw Redd being interviewed today and he going on and on about how everything starts with their defense, and that was how they were going to win games. He's a late and sudden convert, no? :lol:
"Power forward ... again, that's something we'll probably have to address." - Larry Costello, Don Nelson, George Karl, Scott Skiles.
http://community.sportsbubbler.com/blog ... fault.aspx

Return to Milwaukee Bucks