ImageImage

Woelfel on trade rumors (Redd on block)

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,427

Re: Woelfel on trade rumors (Redd on block) 

Post#121 » by trwi7 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:39 pm

I wouldn't want O'Neal for Redd and Jefferson. I would try to give them Redd first. Make it Redd for Parker, Kapono, Graham and Solomon. Try to get a 1st, I'd do the deal without a pick though.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
drew881
RealGM
And1: 5,003

Post#122 » by drew881 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:47 pm

Incoming Players

Daequan Cook

Udonis Haslem

Mark Blount

Outgoing Players

Francisco Elson

Michael Redd

Then trade CV for a shooting guard (having trouble finding a deal though at the moment)
trwi7
RealGM

Post#123 » by trwi7 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:52 pm

I don't see why Miami needs a SG, they have Wade.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

aboveAverage
RealGM
And1: 2,611

Post#124 » by aboveAverage » Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:58 pm

That's a terrible trade for Miami, great for us. Maybe we could shag them if they are still under the impression that Redd is an "elite" shooter.
drew881
RealGM

Post#125 » by drew881 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:02 pm

trwi7 wrote:I don't see why Miami needs a SG, they have Wade.

True, but I could still see them going with a line up of:

Chalmers, Quinn
Wade, Redd
Redd, Diawara
Marion, Beasely
Anthony, Magloire

It would be better than what they have now, and would be an easy team to build around with some role players.
trwi7
RealGM

Post#126 » by trwi7 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:04 pm

I think Miami would rather make a run at Boozer than take on Redd.

drew881
RealGM

Post#127 » by drew881 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:06 pm

trwi7 wrote:I think Miami would rather make a run at Boozer than take on Redd.

Can they not also do that however even with Redd? Marion still expires either way.
trwi7
RealGM

Post#128 » by trwi7 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:12 pm

I suppose they could, I still don't see them trading away Haslem and Cook for Max though. With Wade and Chalmers, he isn't necessary. I doubt they want anything past 2010 in salary as well.

paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,280

Post#129 » by paulpressey25 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:46 pm

Just as in the summer of 2005 with the Cav's having mucho cap room and a need to find help for LeBron resulted in us overpaying "Max" by about $35 million, so too will the 2010 quest for Free Agent cap space quash our ability to trade Redd. LeBron screws us as he's coming and going on Redd.

Miami and New York aren't going to take on Max in any form because they need the 2010 cap room. I'm guessing Toronto is under some delusions that they too need cap room for 2010.

Rockmaninoff's trade though is intriguing as heck. JO and Parker would allow us to have a grand total of $22mm in future salary after this year. We'd dump about $64 million in future salary on Toronto.

It would open up playing time for LRMAM and Potsie at the SF. The problem is that JO appears to no longer be able to play anymore. For that reason I probably wouldn't do that deal.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Max Green
RealGM
And1: 4,670

Post#130 » by Max Green » Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:57 pm

Only way I can see Redd being traded is during the offseason if we don't make the playoffs. But we're going to make the playoffs and might even make it to the second round, so Redd isn't going anywhere anytime soon.
Vice President of Parker-Nation.
#Jabariunleashed
#OwnTheFuture
:wizard: Maxtradamus
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,272

Post#131 » by LUKE23 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:03 pm

MVP4Champ wrote:Only way I can see Redd being traded is during the offseason if we don't make the playoffs. But we're going to make the playoffs and might even make it to the second round, so Redd isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

:rofl:
L&H_05
RealGM
And1: 94

Post#132 » by L&H_05 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:11 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:Just as in the summer of 2005 with the Cav's having mucho cap room and a need to find help for LeBron resulted in us overpaying "Max" by about $35 million, so too will the 2010 quest for Free Agent cap space quash our ability to trade Redd. LeBron screws us as he's coming and going on Redd.

Miami and New York aren't going to take on Max in any form because they need the 2010 cap room. I'm guessing Toronto is under some delusions that they too need cap room for 2010.

Rockmaninoff's trade though is intriguing as heck. JO and Parker would allow us to have a grand total of $22mm in future salary after this year. We'd dump about $64 million in future salary on Toronto.

It would open up playing time for LRMAM and Potsie at the SF. The problem is that JO appears to no longer be able to play anymore. For that reason I probably wouldn't do that deal.
What ? Are you suggesting that you are not enjoying Michael Redd ??

Keeping him in that Bucks uniform was top priority...
WEFFPIM
RealGM
And1: 473

Post#133 » by WEFFPIM » Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:16 pm

MVP4Champ wrote:Only way I can see Redd being traded is during the offseason if we don't make the playoffs. But we're going to make the playoffs and might even make it to the second round, so Redd isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

Uh, ok then sporto
ReddWing wrote:Being a fan of this team is tantamount to being in hell...There is no Christ that is coming to save us. Even if there was, we'd trade him for a 28 year old wing.
jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#134 » by jerrod » Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:20 pm

happy hour must be going well
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,280

Post#135 » by paulpressey25 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:28 pm

L&H_05 wrote:What ? Are you suggesting that you are not enjoying Michael Redd ??

We are enjoying him about as much as you enjoyed Larry Hughes.

Keeping Redd was never top priority with me. I wanted him dealt at the deadline in February 2005 for Nene.

The real problem though is the decline in his game. If he were playing now like he did in 2004-06 we'd have a lot less frustration here. But again, that's why you don't sign a guy like Redd to a six-year deal for that type of coin.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
JHSFIVE
Starter
And1: 214

Post#136 » by JHSFIVE » Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:52 pm

How bout:

From Milw:
Redd
Elson

From OKC:
Wilcox
Joe Smith
Damien Wilkins

This gets OKC locked in at the 1,2,3 spots with Watson/soon to beWestbrook, Redd, Durant(he's not a 2)

and

Milw gets big with Wilcox coming in at PF, LRMAM sliding to SF and RJ to the 2. Hella cap relief is possibly worth a protected pick from us??

OKC prolly wouldn't do it but it would give the OKC fanbase some kinda false belief with some added firepower.

I never do these so be easy on me.
:)
blueedwards
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#137 » by blueedwards » Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:57 pm

Looking at the Pacers players salaries. They look like the best trading partner for Redd max deal. Im sure all trades include Tinsley injured ass. Like you said above Redd for Murphy and Tinsley. I liked Murphy when he was with the Warriors. Redd and Gadz for Murphy,Tinsley,Foster works too. Doubt they take Gadz. Also we would need a sg if we traded Redd. Maybe send them CV too? How about Redd,CV,Gadz for injured Tinsley,Murphy,Daniels,Foster? Doubt the Pacers do it though. They probably would want our first rounder to sweeten the deal. I probably would do it still to unload Redd and Gadz bad contracts.

Let say the Redd for Murphy and Tinsley goes down for **** and giggles. What kind of sg can we get for CV? Heck maybe package Lue with him if needed.
lawrybeard
Analyst
And1: 165

Post#138 » by lawrybeard » Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:22 pm

The only reason someone would consider Murphy is because they looked at his raw stats. As much as Max needs to go, I hope it isn't for him...

Max pretty much has to be traded for a solid 2 with maybe a 4 filler, because he's going to leave a pretty big void at the 2 if he goes.
trwi7
RealGM

Post#139 » by trwi7 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:51 pm

JHSFIVE wrote:How bout:

From Milw:
Redd
Elson

From OKC:
Wilcox
Joe Smith
Damien Wilkins

This gets OKC locked in at the 1,2,3 spots with Watson/soon to beWestbrook, Redd, Durant(he's not a 2)

and

Milw gets big with Wilcox coming in at PF, LRMAM sliding to SF and RJ to the 2. Hella cap relief is possibly worth a protected pick from us??

OKC prolly wouldn't do it but it would give the OKC fanbase some kinda false belief with some added firepower.

I never do these so be easy on me.
:)

The 3-28 Thunder are pretty much the last team that would trade for Max.

MilBucksBackOnTop06
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#140 » by MilBucksBackOnTop06 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:03 pm

jerrod wrote:
jeremyd236 wrote:And I don't think it's fair to judge Redd based on just his stats because players can bring more to the game than just what the stats show.
jeremy my friend....read what you said once again in reverse order and then ask yourself if you are implying that "REDD DOES BRING MORE TO THE GAME THEN JUST WHAT THE STATS SHOW!!!!!?"

No he does not have any 'winning or redeeming team building and even playoff contending team leadership at all! The record shows this....this is not me being harsh or a hater. LOOK IT UP.

That is the problem man! Redd doesnt or hasn't brought anything to the table after 4 head coaches and numerous roster changes after he signed that max deal as our 'franchise player.'

Your Case is dimissed! You incriminated him in essence and indicted him by your very words when you think you are supporting the loser!

since he became a starter i have never, not even once, seen someone trumpet redd bringing intangibles that don't show up in the boxscore.
me either!

Return to Milwaukee Bucks