ImageImage

Woelfel on trade rumors (Redd on block)

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,100

Re: Woelfel on trade rumors (Redd on block) 

Post#261 » by paulpressey25 » Fri Jan 2, 2009 11:14 pm

Joana wrote:What would the distinguished esoterists of this forum read on that hypothetical sucession of events?

I'd have been happy. I'm not looking at the "W" or the "L" as much as I am looking at whether or not we've gotten better to the point we can beat certain teams that have had our number for a long time (i.e. most of the .500 and above .500 teams in the East the last few years)

The Spurs are a novelty act out West we've beaten numerous times the past few years but gone nowhere for the season because we couldn't compete with the "Detroit's" of the East. Start beating Detroit like a drum and not only does our win total go up, but a rivals win total goes down and we can then talk about getting a higher seed than the Pistons.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Joana
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#262 » by Joana » Fri Jan 2, 2009 11:31 pm

What if the Spurs and the Pistons had traded the entire roster with each other during the Summer? What would be the MSG in that case?
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#263 » by EastSideBucksFan » Fri Jan 2, 2009 11:35 pm

raferfenix wrote:
EastSideBucksFan wrote:
raferfenix wrote:PP----glad you like the Miller/Evans package. What do you think about it if it also includes a Craig Smith for CV swap?

Why is Craig Smith such a horrible rebounder?

I liked him at first, but I think Bucks fans think too highly of him cause he dropped like 25 points on us last year.

From my understanding he's a tough as nails defender/rebounder type who can also mix it up a little in the post. I was thinking he'd be similar to a Leon Powe. If his rebounding is poor that obviously changes things, but I can easily see Skiles thinking he can get the most out of him.

He's averaging 3.5 rebounds in 21 minutes.

Thats awful. From what I've seen, his best asset is his jumper. He can extend out to 20 feet.

At 6'7 250, he's quite a big boy, but lacks the quickness to go after tough rebounds. He just gets whats coming to him. Can't say I've watched him close enough to know him as defender, but he sure seems to shoot from outside quite a bit. Also good to note, he has only 7 blocks on the season. I think Ridnour has him beat in that category.

I'd rather pursue Landry or someone else, Craig Smith is not a guy we need. He looks like a bruiser, but doesn't play the part.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,100

Post#264 » by paulpressey25 » Fri Jan 2, 2009 11:41 pm

Joana wrote:What if the Spurs and the Pistons had traded the entire roster with each other during the Summer? What would be the MSG in that case?

Somehow I feel like John Cusack talking with Katherine Zeta Jones in High Fidelity in this interchange.

I guess I'd still value the win over the Pistons more, because regardless of who is on their team, we've lost to them in the playoffs in 2004 and 2006 and need to get past them as a team to go anywhere in the East.

But I suppose I'd then also value the win over the Spurs a bit more as well (though not as much) simply because they'd be a big physical team, similar to the ones we've not been able to beat recently.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,533

Post#265 » by raferfenix » Sat Jan 3, 2009 12:14 am

Eastsidebucksfan----I certainly do not think he's a guy that we need to pursue. It only came up because it was an aspect the 3 way deal I suggested. That deal would also bring in Reggie Evans, and the question I posed was how much of a hardline stance we'd take about including CV in the deal if we also received Smith in return.

A PF rotation of Evans, Smith, Alexnader, and Mbah a Moute could get it done I bet. However, exchanging Redd for Mike Miller would probably mean more minutes at the 2 for Moute, so we would need to get some quality minutes out of Smith (and vastly increased production from Evans).
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#266 » by EastSideBucksFan » Sat Jan 3, 2009 12:57 am

raferfenix wrote:Eastsidebucksfan----I certainly do not think he's a guy that we need to pursue. It only came up because it was an aspect the 3 way deal I suggested. That deal would also bring in Reggie Evans, and the question I posed was how much of a hardline stance we'd take about including CV in the deal if we also received Smith in return.

A PF rotation of Evans, Smith, Alexnader, and Mbah a Moute could get it done I bet. However, exchanging Redd for Mike Miller would probably mean more minutes at the 2 for Moute, so we would need to get some quality minutes out of Smith (and vastly increased production from Evans).

I guess I just wanted to illustrate that hands down, I would prefer CV over Craig Smith any day. And felt that Craig Smith has gotten a "bruiser" label without deserving it at all.

Now, that doesn't mean I wouldn't "mind" him on our team, but he's not a guy I care too much for, nor would I include CV in a deal to get him.

I think I'd rather let CV go into RFA and see what someone offers him and then decide whether to keep him. I'm willing to bet, he's not offered a substantial deal and he's guy we could still have on our roster next year for a reasonable deal if we wanted it.
power4wardjinx
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#267 » by power4wardjinx » Sat Jan 3, 2009 8:03 am

Joana wrote:In an alternative universe where the order of the games was reversed, we would have lost to the Spurs had we played them instead of the Pistons in that home game; and we'd probably have followed that with a victory over Detroit at the Palace.

What would the distinguished esoterists of this forum read on that hypothetical sucession of events?

I went out and missed an alternative universe question? :(
I'd say we don't win at the Palace, but would bounce back and play well. The urgency would have been off the charts ... maybe they do win? It would have been a great game in the alternate universe, the biggest game of the year.
"Power forward ... again, that's something we'll probably have to address." - Larry Costello, Don Nelson, George Karl, Scott Skiles.
http://community.sportsbubbler.com/blog ... fault.aspx

Return to Milwaukee Bucks