ImageImage

Ty's Blog:Is Sessions a better 2-guard than Redd?

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Max Green
RealGM
And1: 4,670

Re: Ty's Blog:Is Sessions a better 2-guard than Redd? 

Post#61 » by Max Green » Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:24 am

AussieBuck wrote:
MVP4Champ wrote:Michael Redd should be coming off the bench.

Sessions 4.6 points in the 4th @ 48%
Redd 3.3 points in the 4th @ 24%

Redd was atrocious in the 4th quarter for most of the 1st half of the season, but he's playing much much better now throughout the whole game.

How much of Sessions 4.6 points and 48% shooting is him playing in garbage time after we've blown a team out. I can't remember the last time he made a significant positive play in the 4th quarter cause he's usually benched right away from turning the ball over or making some boneheaded play.
Vice President of Parker-Nation.
#Jabariunleashed
#OwnTheFuture
:wizard: Maxtradamus
power4wardjinx
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#62 » by power4wardjinx » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:11 am

Well, the Bucks have only blown out a couple of teams. And yes, he got yanked against MN early in the 4th but usually he's playing to the 6-minute mark, then gives way to Ridnour. He made quite a few significant plays in the 4th Monday vs. the Wiz -- hitting unaware Redd in the arm with a pass on the semi-break was great on so many levels -- and against New Jersey he was at his best, making plays left and right.
"Power forward ... again, that's something we'll probably have to address." - Larry Costello, Don Nelson, George Karl, Scott Skiles.
http://community.sportsbubbler.com/blog ... fault.aspx
power4wardjinx
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#63 » by power4wardjinx » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:24 am

MVP4Champ wrote:Michael Redd should be coming off the bench.

I can't believe you wrote that in green after the Wiz game, where Nick Young came off the bench and torched Redd in the 2nd quarter. What would be so wrong with Mike coming off the bench? Allen Iverson came off the bench vs/ the Bucks in the first Detroit game after he was "punished" for missing a Thanksgiving day practice and the Bucks had no answer. If I was Curry, I'd start Rip now that he's back and just kill teams with AI coming off the bench. Ginobili comes off the bench. On the old Bucks teams, Junior Bridgeman killed off the bench and Sidney came off the bench his first two years. If Skiles started Charlie and brought Redd off the bench, the advantage would be huge - and Redd wouldn't be so gassed late in the games.
"Power forward ... again, that's something we'll probably have to address." - Larry Costello, Don Nelson, George Karl, Scott Skiles.
http://community.sportsbubbler.com/blog ... fault.aspx

Return to Milwaukee Bucks