ImageImage

Woelfel on WSSP - 1/29

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,431

Woelfel on WSSP - 1/29 

Post#1 » by trwi7 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:55 pm

He says he thinks the Bucks can still make the playoffs because Bogut will be back and RJ is much better than Mason. :lol:

Kohl has no intentions of selling the team to anyone who wants to move the team out of Milwaukee. Has a will that says if he dies, whoever inherits the team has to keep it in Milwaukee.

Have to put together a string of successful seasons to ask for a new arena. Says Kohl is smart enough to realize now is not the time to ask.

Ellerson thinks Kidd made Jefferson the player that he was and needs to find somebody to run with Jefferson. Woelfel agrees. High caliber player, good defender when he wants to be and a terrific slasher to the basket. :lol:

Rumblings that three or four teams interested in Jefferson. "Obviously they could get a pretty good piece back."

What are Hammond's long term plans? "Hammond thought they would have three, really solid core pieces in Jefferson, Bogut and Redd."

Talking about Redd's injury. Talked to people around the league who say it takes a full year to recover from that injury.

Sparky talking about sending Potsie to the D-League. Ellerson against it, wants to play him big minutes in the NBA. Woelfel would play it out for a while since they have a legitimate shot to make the playoffs.

Lawrence Frank and Devin Harris don't see eye-to-eye. Could be fired.

Bucks looking around for a shooting guard. Ideally, you like a guy with size. Rush brought up again. You could basically get him for nothing since he's buried on the bench. That doesn't mean he's not a pretty good player.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Fight the Tank
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

Re: Woelfel on WSSP 

Post#2 » by Fight the Tank » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:04 pm

Rumblings that three or four teams interested in Jefferson. "Obviously they could get a pretty good piece back."

Thats good news.

What are Hammond's long term plans? "Hammond thought they would have three, really solid core pieces in Jefferson, Bogut and Redd."

I hope that opinion has changed.
"I just wanted to play because I just love the game," Jennings said. "It doesn't matter to me. I get up to play basketball. It's my job. I have to still be a professional and finish the season."
trwi7
RealGM

Post#3 » by trwi7 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:06 pm

Bogutneedsball wrote:What are Hammond's long term plans? "Hammond thought they would have three, really solid core pieces in Jefferson, Bogut and Redd."

It's scary that he had that opinion to begin with.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

aaprigs311
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Post#4 » by aaprigs311 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:09 pm

Yeah it is.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,311

Post#5 » by paulpressey25 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:14 pm

Great update. Thanks for posting it.

I concur on RJ. We could get something of modest value back for the guy. Put him as 3rd or 4th banana (Portland) and he'd make a significant contribution. Now what type of long-term plan that piece would fit into is another matter.

If we are targeting a big guard who actually can play and help us, we still need to be looking at Francisco Garcia IMO. Whether he fits in a long-term plan or we can afford to trade for him is another story.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,746

Post#6 » by msiris » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:19 pm

trwi7 wrote:Talking about Redd's injury. Talked to people around the league who say it takes a full year to recover from that injury.
No way will he be effective at this time next year. You can count him out for next season for sure as being a big contributor for this team. He will never be the same.
Ride the tank
blueedwards
Banned User

Post#7 » by blueedwards » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:27 pm

Garcia would be nice. He gets decent amount of rebounds too. What about RJ for Garcia and Kenny Thomas? I also tried the trade checker with a few smaller trades of Garcia and Sheldon Williams. But get denied a few times. Tried a Sessions,Bell,Allen and Bell,Sessions,Elson and a Sessions,Bell,Lue.
trwi7
RealGM

Post#8 » by trwi7 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:29 pm

I really hope they don't make any band-aid moves like Rush or Garcia. Just play the young guys and trade the old guys.

blueedwards
Banned User

Post#9 » by blueedwards » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:30 pm

Curious what the 3-4 teams are looking at RJ?
trwi7
RealGM

Post#10 » by trwi7 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:33 pm

blueedwards wrote:Curious what the 3-4 teams are looking at RJ?

He didn't give names. He just gave a vague there are teams interested answer.

ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,227

Post#11 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:45 pm

I think you count out any teams looking to cash in on a 2010 free agent.
Fight the Tank
Assistant Coach

Post#12 » by Fight the Tank » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:46 pm

Julius Hodge is a big guard. Is he still available?
"I just wanted to play because I just love the game," Jennings said. "It doesn't matter to me. I get up to play basketball. It's my job. I have to still be a professional and finish the season."
apdamico
Senior
And1: 2

Post#13 » by apdamico » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:00 pm

At least there's a reason for Harris' poor play of late. I did read he wasn't happy after he and Carter were benched during a blowout game; guessing that's when the beef started?

Wonder if the Net's would want RJ back for Harris? Don't shoot me, I already know that can't happen because of the trade restrictions - LOL!
Never under estimate the value of a Buck!
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,934

Post#14 » by emunney » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:05 pm

So who was the PG during those back to back Finals appearances?
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
WEFFPIM
RealGM
And1: 473

Post#15 » by WEFFPIM » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:05 pm

The on court stuff is secondary to me, this is what I took out of this:

trwi7 wrote:Kohl has no intentions of selling the team to anyone who wants to move the team out of Milwaukee. Has a will that says if he dies, whoever inherits the team has to keep it in Milwaukee.

Have to put together a string of successful seasons to ask for a new arena. Says Kohl is smart enough to realize now is not the time to ask.

Now, granted, the second one does deal with the on-court production, but it's more the first one. It's in his damn will that the team can't leave. So take that, Stern, you move the Bucks out and you'll be haunted by the ghost of Herb Kohl for the rest of your miserable life.

Happy Holidays!
ReddWing wrote:Being a fan of this team is tantamount to being in hell...There is no Christ that is coming to save us. Even if there was, we'd trade him for a 28 year old wing.
trwi7
RealGM

Post#16 » by trwi7 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:06 pm

apdamico wrote:I don't agree that Kidd made RJ because he wasn't the PG on the Nets when they had K. Martin and that's when that team really flouished.

???

Jefferson had Kidd as a PG his whole career until Kidd got traded.

madfx
Sophomore

Post#17 » by madfx » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:07 pm

trwi7 wrote:
Bogutneedsball wrote:What are Hammond's long term plans? "Hammond thought they would have three, really solid core pieces in Jefferson, Bogut and Redd."

It's scary that he had that opinion to begin with.

Oh yeah, so scary.
Everyone here was excited to add Jefferson. (same as Bobby Simmons) Just because it didn't pan out doesn't make it a bad idea. You bring in a productive player, with the expectations that they'll continue to produce.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,790

Post#18 » by AussieBuck » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:08 pm

Bogutneedsball wrote:Julius Hodge is a big guard. Is he still available?

Last I heard he was playing in Australia. :D
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
blueedwards
Banned User

Post#19 » by blueedwards » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:11 pm

Yeah Kidd was traded there that summer when Jefferson was drafted. Nets had Marbury and Sherman Douglas at pg when KMart was there season prior. Think thats what he kinda ment. But like trwi7 said Kidd was there day one when Jefferson was drafted.
trwi7
RealGM

Post#20 » by trwi7 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:12 pm

madfx wrote:Oh yeah, so scary.
Everyone here was excited to add Jefferson. (same as Bobby Simmons) Just because it didn't pan out doesn't make it a bad idea. You bring in a productive player, with the expectations that they'll continue to produce.

Umm two max wings who aren't all-stars is a good two-thirds of a core? Okay then, Mr. Hammond.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks