ImageImage

The Official Let's Talk 10th Pick (and 41st)

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

Milwaukee'sBEST
Sixth Man
And1: 4

Re: The Official Let's Talk 10th Pick (and 41st) 

Post#421 » by Milwaukee'sBEST » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:01 am

LUKE23 wrote:
I am about 99% confident that if my theory becomes reality, going into the 2010-2011 season, Milwaukee will be regarded as the team to beat in the Central and a top 3 or 4 team in the conference.

:lol:

I thought I was as optimistic as they come but wow....I guess not. :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol:
Turk Nowitzki wrote:I hope Dallas takes Elliot, he won't get them anywhere.

Keeping this in here to remind Turk how silly he is.
europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#422 » by europa » Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:07 pm

Just read that Damion James is withdrawing from the draft.
Nothing will not break me.
Nebula1
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#423 » by Nebula1 » Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:24 pm

europa wrote:Just read that Damion James is withdrawing from the draft.

James is a good kid. He'll be back. This is a good decision for him.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,272

Post#424 » by LUKE23 » Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:29 pm

Good decision for him, I wasn't impressed at all watching him this year.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,939

Post#425 » by emunney » Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:39 am

http://www.draftexpress.com/blog/Jonath ... ap-Up-3259

Good write-up from DX on the NJ workout. I kind of want Paul Harris on this team. I've always enjoyed watching him play, and he's definitely a competitor and an athlete. I know his on ball defense is great, but I'd be curious to see how he'd play team defense when his team goes man. Hard to tell coming from 'Cuse.

Carroll, Shipp, Christmas, McClinton, Heytvelt, Harris, Taj Gibson, Jermaine Taylor, Dejuan Summers, Wayne Ellington, Casspi and Collison got good reviews. Daye, Lawal, Budinger...

Chase Budinger was awful in my opinion. He just doesn’t play. All he wants to do is shoot jumpers. That’s not basketball. He didn’t want to be there. Didn’t want to compete. He couldn’t put it on the floor. You should have seen his face when he was switched onto Paul Harris. He definitely didn’t want anything to do with him.

... Danny Green, Teague, Luke Nevill and Paul Delaney got bad reviews.

In other news: Nick Calathes is touching 10-4 off one step. He's 6-4. His standing reach is 8-3. I just don't think a 25 inch vert is ever going to cut it in the NBA unless you're either a monster or you're just obscenely skilled. Calathes is skilled, but not enough to bridge that deficit. He's off my board.

Teague apparently didn't talk the entire workout. Weird.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#426 » by LUKE23 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:38 am

Calathes is off everyone's board. I'm pretty sure he signed with Greece.
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,979

Post#427 » by Badgerlander » Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:36 pm

I was reading thru DX New Jersey Group Workout Wrap-Up
http://www.draftexpress.com/blog/Jonath ... ap-Up-3259
and spotted this
“B.J. Mullens pulled out of the workout, and he was replaced at the last minute by Luke Zeller. His agent says he has a promise I heard.

NJ picks #11. I realize that other teams were invited to attend, but do you think this means he has a promise to go before #11? :o Please tell me that I'm being paranoid
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,979

Post#428 » by Badgerlander » Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:52 pm

Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,939

Post#429 » by emunney » Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:37 pm

LUKE23 wrote:Calathes is off everyone's board. I'm pretty sure he signed with Greece.

He did, but short term. There's been a lot of talk that somebody would take him late 1st with the intention of bringing him back in a year or two. Still could happen.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,676

Post#430 » by SupremeHustle » Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:00 pm

Bernman wrote:I'm curious, to those who are endorsing a choice of Jennings, how many times have you seen him play an actual game?

Because my perception is his backing is coming primarily from people who've solely viewed his youtube highlights.

I've only seen his YouTube highlights and interviews and I'd take him at ten over anyone who'll likely be there.
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,316

Post#431 » by paulpressey25 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:11 pm

The Chad Ford update referenced above made the following points:

-Rubio is slipping down to the 4/5/6 slot.

-Flynn is moving up. Teams love his leadership ability. From the sound of it, there is no way he's there at pick #10 for us.

-Holiday. No one sure where he goes. He'll go high, but the sense I took away was he might be there at 10 for us.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#432 » by LUKE23 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:14 pm

Doubtful Rubio falls that far. I agree that he was massively overhyped coming in, but I still think someone would trade up to 2 to get him in this weak draft. The furthest I see him slipping is 4 to Sacramento.

Agreed on Flynn, he's pretty much nailed every workout from the sound of it, and measured out fine as well.

Holiday or Hill will be there, one of those two will be the pick by the Bucks.
europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#433 » by europa » Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:37 am

paulpressey25 wrote:
-Holiday. No one sure where he goes. He'll go high, but the sense I took away was he might be there at 10 for us.

I'd be all for that. Holiday or Hill at 10 works for me. If Rubio slips he's going to become a huge value for someone in my opinion. The Kings would have to consider themselves blessed if he was there at 4. If he falls to the T'Wolves at 6 that would be a huge gift for them.
Nothing will not break me.
Wise1
RealGM
And1: 256

Post#434 » by Wise1 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:07 am

LUKE23 wrote:Doubtful Rubio falls that far. I agree that he was massively overhyped coming in, but I still think someone would trade up to 2 to get him in this weak draft. The furthest I see him slipping is 4 to Sacramento.

Agreed on Flynn, he's pretty much nailed every workout from the sound of it, and measured out fine as well.

Holiday or Hill will be there, one of those two will be the pick by the Bucks.

Two projects. Scary.
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,600

Post#435 » by Bernman » Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:27 am

Vladimir Dasic pulled his name out of the draft.....which was a depressing development to me. I wasted a lot of time scouting him thinking he could be a potential steal in the 2nd for us. He had an all-around game, "NBA body", and a high upside. The type of player who isn't normally available that late in the draft. He would have been a potential major steal.

Now I'm hoping for one of McNeal, Beaubois, or Green; with Claver, Mills, Summers, or Cunningham being acceptable.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#436 » by paul » Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:33 am

Bernman wrote:Vladimir Dasic pulled his name out of the draft.....which was a depressing development to me. I wasted a lot of time scouting him thinking he could be a potential steal in the 2nd for us. He had an all-around game, "NBA body", and a high upside. The type of player who isn't normally available that late in the draft. He would have been a potential major steal.

Now I'm hoping for one of McNeal, Beaubois, or Green; with Claver, Mills, Summers, or Cunningham being acceptable.

Bern I don't see any way in hell Mills drops to 41 - I'll be shocked if he eventually goes outside the top 25. If we want Mills we'll have to get a late first to get him imo.
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,600

Post#437 » by Bernman » Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:03 am

paul wrote:
Bernman wrote:Vladimir Dasic pulled his name out of the draft.....which was a depressing development to me. I wasted a lot of time scouting him thinking he could be a potential steal in the 2nd for us. He had an all-around game, "NBA body", and a high upside. The type of player who isn't normally available that late in the draft. He would have been a potential major steal.

Bern I don't see any way in hell Mills drops to 41 - I'll be shocked if he eventually goes outside the top 25. If we want Mills we'll have to get a late first to get him imo.

I'll make a sig bet with you that he won't end up in the top 25. His height is an issue, and unlike the point guards ahead of him who also have the same knock, he hasn't shown the ability to run a team. He did nothing at the Eurocamp to dispel those questions. But I'd draft him at 41 for scoring knack and elite quickness alone. I agree he'll probably be off the board by then though. Probably early 2nd round.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
pasting_monkeys
Starter
And1: 1

Post#438 » by pasting_monkeys » Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:07 am

Jeff Adrien's workout
http://www.nba.com/bucks/video/originals/

We also see Bogut practicing his throws, and right at the end you can see Salim Stoudemire running drills in the background.
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#439 » by paul » Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:53 am

Bernman wrote:
paul wrote:

I'll make a sig bet with you that he won't end up in the top 25. His height is an issue, and unlike the point guards ahead of him who also have the same knock, he hasn't shown the ability to run a team. He did nothing at the Eurocamp to dispel those questions. But I'd draft him at 41 for scoring knack and elite quickness alone. I agree he'll probably be off the board by then though. Probably early 2nd round.

Interesting how perception works, he might not have done much at Eurocamp but he powered a distinctly less than impressive St Mary's to a very impressive record before breaking his wrist and less than a year ago had a more impressive Olympics against fully grown men than Rubio who will go top 3.

Like I said, funny how perception works. If he's there at 41 for us (he won't be) it will be a gift from the gods and at least 20 other GM's will look like morons in two years for passing on him imo.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,249

Post#440 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:14 pm

Not sure where to post this so I went back a few pages to find this thread. Board is getting pretty cluttered lately.

Lot of interesting info on the ESPN Insider draft blog

The (Memphis Grizzlies) at No. 2 and the Washington Wizards at No. 5 both really want to move their picks, and a deal with at least one of those clubs likely will go down before draft night is over.

•An exclusive from the Sacramento Bee (granted, it's camera phone video): Ricky Rubio reacts to his workout with the Kings, which some have called underwhelming. Also in Sam Amick's piece: "Lastly, the hierarchy of prospects for No. 4 as I understand it is this (yes, knowing full well that smokescreens are everywhere and attempting to work through them): Memphis' Tyreke Evans above Syracuse's Jonny Flynn, with more to be discussed about Rubio and Davidson's Stephen Curry." As NBA Draft blog mentioned yesterday, Bucher says the Kings are supposedly not interested in Rubio.

•According to the San Francisco Chronicle, it seems as if Jordan Hill will be the pick for the Golden State Warriors if he's available at No. 7. (Chad Ford has that in his latest mock draft, as well.)

•The Bucks blog on the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel's website has a good entry from last night regarding Jennings' NBA readiness. Bucks scouting director Billy McKinney praises him, saying: "Going overseas after high school and playing overseas is a difficult adjustment not only from a playing standpoint but also from a social and cultural standpoint."

•Bear in mind the Bucher tweet that opened this entry when you look at HoopsHype's rumors page from overnight, but also consider this nugget on there: "His basketball IQ is off the charts and he is one of the best passers I have ever seen," says one talent evaluator of Rubio. Also of note: Ken Berger says the Blazers are actively trying to move "into the 8-to-14 region" to get a point guard.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks