ImageImage

The Official Let's Talk 10th Pick (and 41st)

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

smalls
Junior
And1: 0

Re: The Official Let's Talk 10th Pick (and 41st) 

Post#461 » by smalls » Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:43 am

I am really liking the idea of a Sessions Jennings Backcourt combo the more and more I picture it. I think both flynn and Hill will be gone by ten and Jennings is next on my list, from what i have read and the limited clips i have seen this kid just oozes potential!! At 10 tough to pass that up.
Garbs_7
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,585

Post#462 » by Garbs_7 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:39 am

I still think Hill/Flynn/Holliday are our guys in that order. Just because they made the trade to free up some time at SF, I don't think they will go off now and draft a wing player and I agree. This draft is stacked with good PG's and it can't hurt to have more than one good young PG. Especialy with Sessions able to play a bit off the ball. We haven't got enough at PF still to pass on Hill, I like Amir but he hasn't shown he can be a starter yet and Thomas if he even plays for us is way past it.

I like the idea of Flynn and Sessions together and after all we have heard about the dinners with them and saying how much they like them I doubt we switch and just draft a wing guy. They would have known about this trade for at least a few days and haven't really had a hard look at Derozan or Clark. I agree too, grab Hill or Flynn and move forward, we have LRMAM and JA as potential good wing players and hopefully we can grab Green in the 2nd round
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,328

Post#463 » by El Duderino » Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:41 am

Ayt wrote:Just say no to DeRozan.

I only watched USC and DeRozan play once and he looked great. Plus, the idea of getting both more athletic and longer at SG is very appealing. His assist/turnover ratio bothers me, his lack of shooting range, and as does reports i read about his supposedly shaky basketball IQ. He looked really good the one time i watched USC though and that's mainly watched etched in my thoughts.

If he slipped to 10, i'd be pleased depending on who else was there, but also apprehensive based on things i've read. Hammond seems focused on PG/PF, it'll be interesting to me if DeRozan and a PG he likes with a little lesser potential upside are both there at 10.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,762

Post#464 » by AussieBuck » Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:51 am

Now that RJ is out the door and with Redd possibly not back until next year who is going to hit threes for us? Is there a guy in the draft that can help us out?
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#465 » by paul » Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:56 am

AussieBuck wrote:Now that RJ is out the door and with Redd possibly not back until next year who is going to hit threes for us? Is there a guy in the draft that can help us out?

Salim :D
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,825

Post#466 » by emunney » Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:57 am

Most recent mock has Carroll vaulting to 25th overall, so I imagine DX has some info there. Too bad, as I really wanted him. They've got us taking another guy I like in Brockman, though, while projecting Pendergraph, Green and McNeal to be available. It's the draft junkie in me that wants another first and another 2nd so that we can get two of those 2nd round guys and one of Daye/Teague/Blair.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,762

Post#467 » by AussieBuck » Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:58 am

paul wrote:
AussieBuck wrote:Now that RJ is out the door and with Redd possibly not back until next year who is going to hit threes for us? Is there a guy in the draft that can help us out?

Salim :D

OK so we're set then!
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,825

Post#468 » by emunney » Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:24 am

If the Nets get DeRozan, Bern is going to lose his mind.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Garbs_7
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,585

Post#469 » by Garbs_7 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:35 am

I posted the below in the TI thread, what do people think about trading #10 to the Wolves or Bulls for their firsts?

"I'd like us to wait until the deadline to deal Redd. On this current team if he came back healthy he could easily average 20-25ppg and look really nice to teams looking to contend. Not only would we be able to get expirings but we could also get a young prospect or future pick considering he would be expiring the next year. If we trade him now, we will get less back than what we got for RJ and that is if any team is willing to deal for him. Be patient with him and wait till he gets some value.

I would love to deal

Allen/10 to the Bulls for 16 and 26
Allen/10 to the T-Wolves for 18 and 28
Allen/10 to the Blazers for 24, 33 and 38 (future first instead maybe)

I'd rather deal Allen than Elson as Cisco is actually a decent basketballer and good 3rd string Center. In this we save a bit of cash (i think) by ditching Allen who is worthless and downgrading picks and also get to draft a few young prospects to add to our now younger core : )

Some people might not do the Blazers deal but I would do above three if Flynn, Harden and Hill are off the board (which is looking like it could happen)

With the first two trades we could draft Hansborough/Blair and Mills and Green in 2nd rnd
With the Blazers trade we still have a a chance at Blair or Hansborough or maybe James Johnson if he falls. Then look at guys like Meeks, Derrick Brown and Danny Green in the 2nd.

Sessions/Ridnour/Mills
Redd/Bell/Salim
LRMAM/JA/Green
Blair/Amir/Thomas
Bogut/Elson/Gadz

Look to move Ridnour and even Redd at the deadline if we want to full rebuild, but if we have that much youth, I don't have too much problem waiting for Redd to expire. But that above team is absolutely dreamy and have a LOT of youth and prospects that could explode. A definate change from the normal team we are dealt and I believe could generate some fan interest."
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,251

Post#470 » by LUKE23 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:24 pm

The Bucks are showing some consideration to Gerald Henderson, via Woelfel. Between that and the Ford blurb on CV over Sessions, I'm teetering dangerously close to a massive seizure. Somebody get the paddles ready.

http://www.journaltimes.com/articles/20 ... 057961.txt
europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#471 » by europa » Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:33 pm

Henderson is not a PG or PF so he clearly can't be someone Hammond is looking at. ;)
Nothing will not break me.
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#472 » by LUKE23 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:34 pm

europa wrote:Henderson is not a PG or PF so he clearly can't be someone Hammond is looking at. ;)

He would be an absolutely horrendous pick. Horrendous. He was never even dominant for any period in college.
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,979

Post#473 » by Badgerlander » Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:41 pm

LUKE23 wrote:
europa wrote:Henderson is not a PG or PF so he clearly can't be someone Hammond is looking at. ;)

He would be an absolutely horrendous pick. Horrendous. He was never even dominant for any period in college.

Yeah but Woeful is out of the loop these days. If they did pick him and didn't resign Sessions and signed to CV to a long term deal, you better share those paddles, lol.
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
Nebula1
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#474 » by Nebula1 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:48 pm

LUKE23 wrote:

Nah, you're wrong about him. He's going to be a player in the League. And he's a solid defender.
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#475 » by LUKE23 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:49 pm

Nah, I'm not. He's a role player at the deepest position in the NBA. He was never great even in college. I would be irate if we drafted him at 10.
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#476 » by paul » Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:50 pm

Nebula1 wrote:
LUKE23 wrote:

Nah, you're wrong about him. He's going to be a player in the League. And he's a solid defender.

Rightly or wrongly there's been a fair bit of buzz around Henderson the last few days, though this is the first I've heard of the Bucks being interested.
Debit One
Starter
And1: 87

Post#477 » by Debit One » Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:51 pm

LUKE23 wrote:Nah, I'm not. He's a role player at the deepest position in the NBA. He was never great even in college. I would be irate if we drafted him at 10.

My friend, we need to get you to have at least one irate-free day. Just enjoy the fact that the Bucks have the flexibility to sign Sessions, relax, and tomorrow you can start fretting about the Bucks blowing it on draft night.

:D
smauss
Lead Assistant
And1: 419

Post#478 » by smauss » Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:54 pm

Henderson @ 10 = PUKE
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan (CBQ is missed)

simul justus et peccator
smauss
Lead Assistant
And1: 419

Post#479 » by smauss » Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:55 pm

Debit One wrote:
LUKE23 wrote:Nah, I'm not. He's a role player at the deepest position in the NBA. He was never great even in college. I would be irate if we drafted him at 10.

My friend, we need to get you to have at least one irate-free day. Just enjoy the fact that the Bucks have the flexibility to sign Sessions, relax, and tomorrow you can start fretting about the Bucks blowing it on draft night.

:D

:lol:
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan (CBQ is missed)

simul justus et peccator
Nebula1
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#480 » by Nebula1 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:59 pm

I think 10 is a little high for him, but he's not going to hurt your team. He's already better than Bell and isn't a bad stop-gap if Redd is traded. I think he's better than you're giving him credit for.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks