ImageImage

The Official Let's Talk 10th Pick (and 41st)

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Rockmaninoff
General Manager
And1: 1,667

Re: The Official Let's Talk 10th Pick (and 41st) 

Post#481 » by Rockmaninoff » Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:08 pm

If we are talking SG's, the Bucks need to shoot for the stars. Demar DeRozan.
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:The fight for civil rights just like for liberty and justice and peace won't be won by man. It will take a god...so lets move on to sports.

Magic Giannison wrote:Giannis is god but even god's cannot save our **** team.
smauss
Lead Assistant
And1: 419

Post#482 » by smauss » Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:31 pm

Rockmaninoff wrote:If we are talking SG's, the Bucks need to shoot for the stars. Demar DeRozan.

Couldn't agree with you more Rock! I've pimped him as one of my fav's for a long time (or at least it seems like a long time....) :D
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan (CBQ is missed)

simul justus et peccator
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#483 » by paul » Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:34 pm

smauss wrote:
Rockmaninoff wrote:If we are talking SG's, the Bucks need to shoot for the stars. Demar DeRozan.

Couldn't agree with you more Rock! I've pimped him as one of my fav's for a long time (or at least it seems like a long time....) :D

Six hours seems like a long time on here right now Smauss :D
Nebula1
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#484 » by Nebula1 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:39 pm

And if Derozan is gone by then? I don't see him getting by the Raptors.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,251

Post#485 » by LUKE23 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:41 pm

My board is:

DeRozan
Hill
Flynn
Holiday

I don't think DeRozan has any chance of falling past Toronto, but if he does, I think he should be the pick.
smauss
Lead Assistant
And1: 419

Post#486 » by smauss » Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:43 pm

paul wrote:
smauss wrote:

Six hours seems like a long time on here right now Smauss :D

I'm starting to feel the same way I feel after trying to keep 4-8 year olds busy @ VBS. TIRED and EMOTIONALLY DRAINED! :D

Tomorrow can't come soon enough for me! It's been a lot of fun though.......
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan (CBQ is missed)

simul justus et peccator
rayallenscalves
Junior
And1: 221

Post#487 » by rayallenscalves » Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:50 pm

At this point, I would much rather go with a SG like Henderson or Williams. I'm assuming the trade was made yesterday with resigning Sessions in mind. I don't see the point of making the trade, resigning Sessions and then drafting another PG. All that does is stunt the growth of both Sessions and #10.

And if the Bucks do draft a PG, that makes resigning Sessions all the more difficult. He's not going to want to come back and have to compete for the starting job. He was at his best last year when Ridnour was hurt and he could play his game without having to worry about being benched.

Besides, they could use a little extra height at SG behind Redd. Bell battles, but he's undersized. Henderson and Williams have good size and can defend.
Nebula1
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#488 » by Nebula1 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:56 pm

Henderson is going to be one of those players who should've been drafted higher when all is said and done. He's got a little Kobe in him and comes from an excellent program. He's already quite mature and will make any club he goes to, better. He'd be a fine selection for the Bucks.
Rockmaninoff
General Manager
And1: 1,667

Post#489 » by Rockmaninoff » Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:16 pm

Nebula1 wrote:And if Derozan is gone by then? I don't see him getting by the Raptors.

Then the Bucks need to consider trading up for him, if possible. Golden State would be a good team to talk to.
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:The fight for civil rights just like for liberty and justice and peace won't be won by man. It will take a god...so lets move on to sports.

Magic Giannison wrote:Giannis is god but even god's cannot save our **** team.
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,535

Post#490 » by Bernman » Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:32 pm

LUKE23 wrote:My board is:

DeRozan
Hill
Flynn
Holiday

I don't think DeRozan has any chance of falling past Toronto, but if he does, I think he should be the pick.

I can't believe people are still getting duped by Hill. He's such an overrated rebounder. His box out position gets circumvented constantly, he's awkward, and he has bad hands. Oregon had 17 offensive rebounds in the game they just showed on ESPNU and it was because he was getting beaten for boards constantly because of his lack of awareness and because he got pushed around. The only reason he puts up a good individual # in that department is because he's taller than everyone in most games and nobody on his team could board outside of Budinger (who's is a perimeter player). In the NBA he'll be like the 3rd or 4th tallest player on the court on a given night, and on the Bucks he'd have to fight w/ Bogut and LRMAM on the boards. I think he projects to be a mediocre rebounding power forward. And that's if he can even play that position defensively. He bites too hard on pump fakes so he'll get blown by from opposing 4's. He can't bang against 5's, and will be a bit undersized, so he won't be good there either. Slow release on his jumper and he shoots with a circular motion instead of fluidity. Straight line 1-2 dribble driver which doesn't get it done as we saw with Yi. Bad footwork in the post and makes moves very slowly. The guy is just a mess of a player, IMO.

But I've done almost a 180 (which is a rarity for me) on Flynn from reviewing game video from this past season and truly focusing on him the entire time. He doesn't just burst toward the rims on his drives, but rather after he gets inside his man is patient and probes the defense. I thought he didn't change directions much, but he does so rather subtly. Misses some open men initially but probably sees/senses more than your average point. Is semi efficient with his ball-handling and gets very low. Very laterally quick on defense. And if he comes up w/ a steal he's gone. He's a fierce competitor, but not really at the expense of his teammates offensively. He just needs to shore up his shooting and curb his occasional mental lapses. I like him at this point, even more than Lawson. I think that Lawson is a little better player for what he can control, but his wingspan makes him play extremely small. TJ is the only point guard who has been decent with a smaller wingspan. There have been quite a few players comparable to Flynn that have had comparable or smaller wingspans.

My board at 10 would be:

1. DeRozan
2. Curry
3. Flynn
4. Evans (just for initial trade value purposes)
5. Clark
6. Daye
7. T-Will
8. Lawson
9. Holiday

But I'd aggressively pursue DeRozan and might set my trade for a 2010 pick line subsequent to Curry.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#491 » by europa » Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:43 pm

Chad Ford said in his chat just now that the Raptors have cooled on DeRozan.

Would the Bucks take him at 10?
Nothing will not break me.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,712

Post#492 » by MikeIsGood » Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:46 pm

europa wrote:Chad Ford said in his chat just now that the Raptors have cooled on DeRozan.

Hope so.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,251

Post#493 » by LUKE23 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:47 pm

europa wrote:Chad Ford said in his chat just now that the Raptors have cooled on DeRozan.

I hope so, but doubt it. DeRozan would be easily the best pick for this team if they are thinking long-term over next year. Not close.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,107

Post#494 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:34 pm

From the ESPN Blog

The latest news on the 2009 draft

•Ken Berger reports that if everything goes right for Minnesota on draft night, the Wolves could end up with both Rubio and Thabeet.

•Via the New York Times -- there is discussion about Memphis swapping No. 2 for the No. 4 pick, currently held by the Sacramento Kings.

•Via the Racine Journal-Times -- the New York Knicks may try to move up to No. 3 from No. 8. The third pick is currently held by the Oklahoma City Thunder.

•Sam Smith's Bulls blog thinks the Kings are backing off Rubio and looking more at Tyreke Evans and Flynn, leaning toward Flynn.

•The Boston Globe says the Blazers or Phoenix Suns may want either pick No. 5 or No. 6, both currently in the hands of Minnesota. (In the same article, you learn that Tyler Hansbrough could be sneaking back into the top 15.)

•Via the Cleveland Plain Dealer, the Cleveland Cavaliers are mulling a few deals to move up "significantly" from the 30th slot, although most of these deals would require them to take on salary.

•Jennings apparently has no idea who New Jersey Nets GM Kiki Vanderweghe is, via the Newark Star-Ledger. Good stuff.

•Ric Bucher tweeting before bed: "OKC now wants Rubio ... MEM likes Tyreke.

•A reporter for Memphis Flyer let a comment slip on a local radio show that he perhaps should not have.

•OKC hired a Spanish law firm in case they end up drafting Rubio.

•This Memphis Commercial Appeal article is probably the best aggregation of "Who might want pick No. 2 and what would they give Memphis for it?" rumors that we've seen.

•Since Sacramento at No. 4 seems to be one of the more confusing situations, take this suggestion from us: Bookmark the Sacramento Bee's Kings blog and keep checking it for the next 36 hours.
europa
RealGM

Post#495 » by europa » Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:39 pm

DrugBust wrote:
•Jennings apparently has no idea who New Jersey Nets GM Kiki Vanderweghe is, via the Newark Star-Ledger. Good stuff.

:lol:

This kid just keeps messing up at every turn.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,337

Post#496 » by crkone » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:00 pm

DX has us taking Kent Brockman in the 2nd. When did he become real? http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2009/

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
BuckUp
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#497 » by BuckUp » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:28 pm

crkone wrote:DX has us taking Kent Brockman in the 2nd. When did he become real? http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2009/

His stats say he is a poor man's DeJuan Blair... a role player with an elite ability: rebounding.
All I know is just what I read in the papers, and that's an alibi for my ignorance.
- Will Rogers
europa
RealGM

Post#498 » by europa » Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:13 pm

Yahoo reporting that the Warriors are considering James Johnson at 7. No guarantees Hill would fall to 10 (the Knicks reportedly like him a lot if they don't get Rubio) but it enhances the chances for sure.
nikip43
Junior
And1: 18

Post#499 » by nikip43 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:38 pm

Apparently Brockman has a guarantee somewhere in the second round. He stopped workouts early and didn't go to Chicago Predraft workouts. Whenever Ford 6.0 and DX both had Brockman to the Bucks at 41 (the highest I had seen him in a mock draft at the time) I started to wonder. However, Ford 6.1 has Brockman going earlier to Memphis now. Maybe the authorities haven't been secretly tipped off yet.

In regards to Johnson…I'd liken his offensive game to Ron Artest (he's not efficient, but he's a good scorer who can create for himself...athletic enough to step out and brawny enough to pound underneath...his defensive game is nowhere near Artest though).

Johnson was a pick that I was starting to privately rally for a few weeks ago, then I saw the final two minutes of maybe the most intense/exciting game of the year on youtube. Duke vs. Wake with #1 overall on the line, in Wakes house, huge rivalry. If as a player you can't get up for this game, you can't get up for basketball. Is it an excuse to coast in a pre season game...not really. But what I saw from Johnson in this video is absolutely inexcusable and has tainted my thought of him to the point of no return.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOi2kelADoY
The good: 3:26 showcases why he could be a slashing power forward
The bad: 2:32-2:36
The ugly: 2:38-2:41 alligator arms in the biggest under 20 second game of your team’s season
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,402

Post#500 » by trwi7 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:41 pm

crkone wrote:DX has us taking Kent Brockman in the 2nd. When did he become real? http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2009/

Dude's better than Bogut. He's going to be wearing a suit for a uniform.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks