ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,082

Re: Bucks-Bulls Trade Rumor 

Post#41 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:11 pm

Captain Erv wrote:
POSTED: June 25 -- 4:03 p.m. ET

J.A. Adande: The Chicago Bulls are attempting to work a trade with the New Jersey Nets for the No. 11 pick with an eye on Louisville shooting guard Terrence Williams, a league source said. The Bulls currently hold the 16th and 26th picks in the first round.

If Jennings is the guy the Bucks want is entirely possible he could fall to #16. I would love to get #16 and #26 if it meant we could still get the guy we want.
Wizenheimer
RealGM
And1: 7,328

Post#42 » by Wizenheimer » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:12 pm

as an outside observer, this sounds suspiciously like a story planted by the Bulls to try and drive up the price the Blazers might pay for Hinrich...it won't work
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,868

Post#43 » by Baddy Chuck » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:16 pm

Captain Erv wrote:
POSTED: June 25 -- 4:03 p.m. ET

J.A. Adande: The Chicago Bulls are attempting to work a trade with the New Jersey Nets for the No. 11 pick with an eye on Louisville shooting guard Terrence Williams, a league source said. The Bulls currently hold the 16th and 26th picks in the first round.

If Chicago wants Williams we could still get who we want at 11

New Jersey trades: Eduardo Najera, Sean Williams #11, GSW Future first
New Jersey receives: Jerome James, Joe Alexander, #16

Chicago trades: Jerome James, #16, #24
Chicago receives: Luke Ridnour, Malik Allen, #10

Milwaukee trades: Luke Ridnour, Joe Alexander, Malik Allen, #10
Milwaukee receives: Eduardo Najera, Sean Williams, #11, #24, GSW Future first
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Debit One
Starter
And1: 87

Post#44 » by Debit One » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:26 pm

stevescheffler06 wrote:
aboveAverage wrote:This would basically be replacing RJ's cap space with Kirk Hinrich for 3 more years. I don't think Hammond is that stupid.

My thoughts exactly, but I'd replace "don't think" with "sure to god hope"

I'd say hold on a minute ...

The point of the RJ trade was to clear space to protect Sessions and CV, and maybe bring over Ersan. Mission Accomplished.

Any trade would need to be more or less salary neutral for this year, so no problem there.

Some will argue with me on this point, but I'd say Hinrich > Ridnour.

I'd rather have #16 + #26 than #10, so that's OK with me.

The question is whether taking on Hinrich"s $9M per year in years 2 and 3 are worth the benefits.
blueedwards
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#45 » by blueedwards » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:27 pm

NJ gets hosed in that deal.
MilBucksBackOnTop06
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#46 » by MilBucksBackOnTop06 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:27 pm

Tommy Udo 6 wrote:yesterday Hinrich was all but traded to the Blazers (per false report on Yahoo).

Today it's the Bucks - but this rumor gives a much better return of talent. Maybe the Bucks would get the 16th along with Hinrich. That makes a little more sense

This would have to be acdeal where the Bucks would get the 16th pick as well so they can justify taking DeJuan Blair as our Jason Maxiell. So I could see this and perhaps accept it on this basis. I would be okay with this if we flip flopped picks and then took Williams, Blair, Johnson or Clark. No way do I do this without their pick and I like Hinrich. Then take Danny Green in the secon or Ellington or Summers, Pendergraph, Heytvfelt and let's go! But at the sametime I have to be consistent and say no because it is a trade within the division which is all Hammond does it seems in every other trade. Hinrich is not worth a lottery pick by himself. So I will have to pass...
blueedwards
Banned User

Post#47 » by blueedwards » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:28 pm

Debit One wrote:
stevescheffler06 wrote:
aboveAverage wrote:This would basically be replacing RJ's cap space with Kirk Hinrich for 3 more years. I don't think Hammond is that stupid.

My thoughts exactly, but I'd replace "don't think" with "sure to god hope"

I'd say hold on a minute ...

The point of the RJ trade was to clear space to protect Sessions and CV, and maybe bring over Ersan. Mission Accomplished.

Any trade would need to be more or less salary neutral for this year, so no problem there.

Some will argue with me on this point, but I'd say Hinrich > Ridnour.

The question is whether taking on Hinrich"s $9M per year in years 2 and 3 are worth the benefits.

If 16,26,Kirk are included for 10,Ridnour,Elson. Sounds good then. Could always deal Kirk to Portland later. :lol:
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,172
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#48 » by Kerb Hohl » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:36 pm

I also posted this in the VC thread because the Magic getting VC got me on this rant:

Merging 2 threads here it is laughable that Hammond would be going "win now" again by getting Hinrich.

It is a guarantee it would go 1. Cavs 2. Magic 3. Celts in the east

Then you have to deal with Atlanta for 4th seed, Wade might have a sidekick midseason, and the Wizards are going in. Plus Rose is going to lead the Bulls to a higher mark.

Sure, maybe if everything goes right with captain Kirk we could overtake one of those teams, but chances are we won't make the playoffs, and if we do we will be 7 or 8. And the slaughter from Cleveland or Orlando would be massive. We might lose by an average of 40.

Why the @#$# would Hammond go in for more "win now"? Sorry, I'll hold my criticism until the Bulls rumor becomes true or falsified.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,402

Post#49 » by trwi7 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:36 pm

Debit One wrote:Some will argue with me on this point, but I'd say Hinrich > Ridnour.

I would say Ridnour > Hinrich just based on neither being very good but Ridnour being an expiring.

I would rather have 10. 10 > 16 obviously and you can usually buy picks in the 26 range.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Siefer
RealGM
And1: 6,058

Post#50 » by Siefer » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:37 pm

Even if they threw in their draft picks I wouldn't do this deal. As stated, it's absolutely atrocious.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,689

Post#51 » by MikeIsGood » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:39 pm

I haven't been on all day...had a meeting at work. How dare they keep me from being able to waste my time on the internet. But it seems like it's been relatively quiet. Calm before the storm?

As for this deal, in a word, no.
xTitan
RealGM
And1: 2,283

Post#52 » by xTitan » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:40 pm

This rumor sounds like it came from a Bulls fan and just got legs.
blueedwards
Banned User

Post#53 » by blueedwards » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:41 pm

Its be better if GADZ was in the deal and Ridnour was still dumped for Stackhouse.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,095

Post#54 » by humanrefutation » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:41 pm

xTitan wrote:This rumor sounds like it came from a Bulls fan and just got legs.

QFT...that was my first thought. This trade just seems too idiotic.
jtrinaldi
Banned User
And1: 22

Post#55 » by jtrinaldi » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:00 pm

Josh (Nebraska)
Hi Andy! What are my Bulls doing tonight? Any big deals going down involving Hinrich, Thomas or hopefully something for Stoudemire?

Andy Katz
The Bulls are talking trades but nothing substantial yet.

that was in the andy katz chat
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,116

Post#56 » by paulpressey25 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:01 pm

If Hill, Holiday and Flynn are gone by #10 I might do this deal if the Bulls also put in picks 16/26.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
RyGuy24
General Manager
And1: 107

Post#57 » by RyGuy24 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:14 pm

Wizenheimer wrote:as an outside observer, this sounds suspiciously like a story planted by the Bulls to try and drive up the price the Blazers might pay for Hinrich...it won't work

Yep, raising values through the world of the RealGM Bulls subforum. I'm sure every GM does it :wink:
R.I.P Red , Norm, Bullsmaniac, and pdenninggolden.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks