ImageImage

Decision on Ersan to come before July 15th

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

blueedwards
Banned User
And1: 0

Re: Decision on Ersan to come before July 15th 

Post#41 » by blueedwards » Fri Jul 3, 2009 2:41 am

Probably cause they wanna play 1943 Battlefield on July 8th. 1200MS points.
Nebula1
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#42 » by Nebula1 » Fri Jul 3, 2009 2:45 am

Serge28 wrote:Honestly, I don't care how many points we get out of Ersan/Amir PF rotation as long as they can rebound the ball and play some hard nosed D. That's what I want out of the PF position next year. Redd can score 25+ a night. Sessions/Jennings - those guys can score pretty gosh darn well too. Bogut... well, that **** BETTER learn how to put the ball in the hole next year. Offensively, we'll be fine.

I think you have to get some points from Ersan. I don't see another reason to bring him back. Amir probably isn't giving you alot of points, but I expect Ersan to get some for sure.
Ill-yasova
RealGM
And1: 2,555

Post#43 » by Ill-yasova » Fri Jul 3, 2009 3:32 am

aboveAverage wrote:Let's see how this board reacts in January when CV drops 28 and 12 on us. My guess is there will be a lot of hypocrites next year.

With LRMAM on him? Unlikely.
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM
And1: 42

Post#44 » by carmelbrownqueen » Fri Jul 3, 2009 3:45 am

pasting_monkeys wrote:Back to Ersan.

I've always seen him as a guy who can play both the 3 and 4 spots. Am I alone in this thinking? Because everybody else seems to be think he'll play exclusively at the 4 spot.

This was said a while ago, but a good comparison to Ersan is Nocioni. When Noc was under Skiles at the Bulls he came off the bench as a 3 or 4 guy. Great hustle guy who was a scrappy defender and could hit the open 3. I'd love to see Ersan have that kind of role next season, but I also think he'll be a better rebounder than Noc, given his athleticism.

I have always liked Larry Harris' comparison for Ilyasova of Robert Horry
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan

"We don't accept anything but winning. We don't accept anything but playing hard." - John Hammond
wichmae
RealGM
And1: 1,031

Post#45 » by wichmae » Fri Jul 3, 2009 4:11 am

I have some info on his progress but am posting from the bar. Will pass what I can later
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,255

Post#46 » by paulpressey25 » Fri Jul 3, 2009 4:14 am

carmelbrownqueen wrote:I have always liked Larry Harris' comparison for Ilyasova of Robert Horry

Larry was an amazing salesman. I had heard an interview after that draft where he said Ersan was a cross between AK47 and Peja.....
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#47 » by WRau1 » Fri Jul 3, 2009 4:45 am

I'm fine w/ CV dropping 28/12 on us because that means whoever hes guarding is dropping 30/15.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
Milwaukee'sBEST
Sixth Man
And1: 3

Post#48 » by Milwaukee'sBEST » Fri Jul 3, 2009 6:42 am

Ill-yasova wrote:I usually try to stay out of these threads, because I don't want to be that guy who is constantly pimping the player in his forum name, but I do hope the two sides can reach an agreement. He and Amir would form a great two headed monster at the 4.
Turk Nowitzki wrote:I hope Dallas takes Elliot, he won't get them anywhere.

Keeping this in here to remind Turk how silly he is.
wichmae
RealGM

Post#49 » by wichmae » Fri Jul 3, 2009 6:43 am

Ok, what I git is Ersan has some interst around the league but it is mediocre at best. We are in the drivers seat contract wise at this point...
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#50 » by paul » Fri Jul 3, 2009 6:45 am

wichmae wrote:Ok, what I git is Ersan has some interst around the league but it is mediocre at best. We are in the drivers seat contract wise at this point...

That's good news wich, I highly doubt we'd match anything over $3m-$4m per.
wichmae
RealGM

Post#51 » by wichmae » Fri Jul 3, 2009 6:46 am

paul wrote:
wichmae wrote:Ok, what I git is Ersan has some interst around the league but it is mediocre at best. We are in the drivers seat contract wise at this point...

That's good news wich, I highly doubt we'd match anything over $3m-$4m per.

I would agree.....:)
Frank Nova
Head Coach
And1: 2,584

Post#52 » by Frank Nova » Fri Jul 3, 2009 6:54 am

Hopefully he comes in and plays like any of those comparisons, Horry, AK47, Peja... we could use a player like any 1 of those 3... hopefully its more accurate of being a mix between AK and Peja, that would be a tremendous help to us next season and moving forward in the future..

He could be the starting PF we are waiting for, if he has a nice mid range game and gets to the bucket on offensive, hes a perfect fit... if he plays tough on the ball defense and is strong enough to hold his positioning, hes a perfect fit...

Could be a dream come true for us, obviously we'll have to wait and see but could be something special.
RIP Kobe Forever. GOAT 8-24. Long Live Giannis
europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#53 » by europa » Fri Jul 3, 2009 12:37 pm

I didn't expect there to be much of a market at all for Ilyasova. I've always thought he'd either play for the Bucks next season or return overseas. At this point, I think it's about 95%-98% in favor of him returning to the Bucks.
Nothing will not break me.
Rockmaninoff
General Manager
And1: 1,667

Post#54 » by Rockmaninoff » Fri Jul 3, 2009 1:19 pm

Ill-yasova wrote:
aboveAverage wrote:Let's see how this board reacts in January when CV drops 28 and 12 on us. My guess is there will be a lot of hypocrites next year.

With LRMAM on him? Unlikely.

I want to see the reaction when Amir Johnson puts 28 and 12 on Villanueva. It should be Skinner-esque.
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:The fight for civil rights just like for liberty and justice and peace won't be won by man. It will take a god...so lets move on to sports.

Magic Giannison wrote:Giannis is god but even god's cannot save our **** team.
Rockmaninoff
General Manager
And1: 1,667

Post#55 » by Rockmaninoff » Fri Jul 3, 2009 1:21 pm

WRau1 wrote:I'm fine w/ CV dropping 28/12 on us because that means whoever hes guarding is dropping 30/15.

Beat me to it.

But anyway, great to hear that Ilyasova looks poised to return. Two of my cult favorites (Amir and Ersan) together at last. I don't know about you guys, but to me this off season has already been an 11.
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:The fight for civil rights just like for liberty and justice and peace won't be won by man. It will take a god...so lets move on to sports.

Magic Giannison wrote:Giannis is god but even god's cannot save our **** team.
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,857

Post#56 » by coolhandluke121 » Fri Jul 3, 2009 1:26 pm

I really hope he stays in Europe another year. The Bucks need to tank because the top of the draft should be a gold mine next year. Being able to tank without losing assets, as would be the case if Ersan stayed in Europe (the Bucks would still hold his rights), is the best-case scenario.

On that note, I hope Bogut takes his sweet time coming back from the back injury. Redd is ahead of schedule, so he should be able to return and put up huge scoring numbers as the only proven scorer on the team. The team will struggle but Redd will restore his trade value, and this year there will be no dilemma at the deadline as the Bucks will already be out of the playoff picture for all intents and purposes. So Redd will be gone by the time Bogut is 100% recovered and in basketball shape, and the tanking will continue through the second half of the season.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,742

Post#57 » by msiris » Fri Jul 3, 2009 1:44 pm

coolhandluke121 wrote:I really hope he stays in Europe another year. The Bucks need to tank because the top of the draft should be a gold mine next year. Being able to tank without losing assets, as would be the case if Ersan stayed in Europe (the Bucks would still hold his rights), is the best-case scenario.

On that note, I hope Bogut takes his sweet time coming back from the back injury. Redd is ahead of schedule, so he should be able to return and put up huge scoring numbers as the only proven scorer on the team. The team will struggle but Redd will restore his trade value, and this year there will be no dilemma at the deadline as the Bucks will already be out of the playoff picture for all intents and purposes. So Redd will be gone by the time Bogut is 100% recovered and in basketball shape, and the tanking will continue through the second half of the season.
Do not worry. This team will not win 35 games next year. :D People here are relying on two PFs who have proven nothing in the NBA.
Ride the tank
Isocleas2
Veteran
And1: 513

Post#58 » by Isocleas2 » Fri Jul 3, 2009 4:02 pm

I don't think its management's plan to tank either. They're still following the old plan of rebuild while trying to sneak into the playoffs. Atleast this time around the rebuild makes a little more sense.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,094

Post#59 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Fri Jul 3, 2009 4:48 pm

Random thought: Has a gm ever traded a draft pick for another team's draft pick the same year as almost a wager to see whose team is better? I almost feel Hammond views his team higher than a lot of other team and isn't in full tank mode like many think.
fam3381
General Manager
And1: 171

Post#60 » by fam3381 » Fri Jul 3, 2009 5:24 pm

europa wrote:I didn't expect there to be much of a market at all for Ilyasova. I've always thought he'd either play for the Bucks next season or return overseas. At this point, I think it's about 95%-98% in favor of him returning to the Bucks.

Yeah, the odds of him playing for another NBA team next year or even getting an offer sheet that we have to match would seem to be more or less a non-issue. And having a July 15 deadline makes it even less likely.
Retired Bucks blogger. Occasional Bucks podcaster.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks