ImageImage

Brandon Jennings 2009 Summer League Mix

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

andonewheel
Rookie
And1: 16

Re: Brandon Jennings 2009 Summer League Mix 

Post#21 » by andonewheel » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:11 pm

Awesome work! Any chance of a HQ download link?

Thanks for making this, it'll hold me over until the season!
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,276

Post#22 » by jakecronus8 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:35 pm

I see a left handed Isiah Thomas. In both his game and his swagger/demeanor.
Do it for Chuck
Mike X
Starter
And1: 13

Post#23 » by Mike X » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:35 pm

NIce work. Certainly enough their to show that the excitement for his potential is not without merit.
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,928

Post#24 » by stellation » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:39 pm

If nothing else it's further immortalized the stand in commentary skills of Drunky McDrunkDrunk!
#FreeChuckDiesel
europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#25 » by europa » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:12 pm

Nothing will not break me.
BassWhoopin
Senior
And1: 1

Post#26 » by BassWhoopin » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:16 am

Never realized but this young bucks team is goin to be alot of fun to watch. With Jennings they'll push the ball and be an exciting team. Dont know how many games they will win but still fun to watch a line up of

Jennings
Redd/Meeks
Alexander
Johnson
Bogut

Thats a pretty solid young squad
BDUB_30
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#27 » by BDUB_30 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:29 am

Ramon who ?
Wise1
RealGM
And1: 256

Post#28 » by Wise1 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:58 am

BDUB_30 wrote:Ramon who ?

I think they'll come around pretty quick once the ball is tipped. Jennings just drips with talent. His passing ability is probably underated. He's a true point guard.

Great mix by the way. Thanks.
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 15,056

Post#29 » by RiotPunch » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:25 am

Awesome vid. That mix got me excited as hell, SL or not...
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
CBUCK06
Bench Warmer
And1: 2

Post#30 » by CBUCK06 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:54 am

LOVE the video. The Nick the Quick comparison works. Defensively he has a lot of potential. What will make or break him is all about in between the ears.

Skilles and Hammond clearly saw something special.

That pass and dunk to JA was really nice. I truly love the fact that this kid wants to be viewed a true point guard, one that can run a team.

If we only had a PF....
Milwaukee'sBEST
Sixth Man
And1: 3

Post#31 » by Milwaukee'sBEST » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:46 am

Love the NVE comparison.

Love the Mix even more, great work.
Turk Nowitzki wrote:I hope Dallas takes Elliot, he won't get them anywhere.

Keeping this in here to remind Turk how silly he is.
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,928

Post#32 » by stellation » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:09 am

europa wrote:

Top 5 all-time dunk.

Absolutely. I love the passion from him after it, too. Awesome, that clip right there is absolutely why people watch sport.
#FreeChuckDiesel
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#33 » by paul » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:56 am

Slightly OT - But does anyone else suddenly feal like the Bucks are gaining some national attention for the first time in a fair while with the Jennings pick?

I don't just mean from the media, but from fans of other teams as well. I was going around a few boards earlier and several of them had threads or comments in threads about Jennings, many of which pointed to those guys being fans of the kid. I read comments like "I'll be watching the Bucks on league pass this year" and "can't wait to see what this kid does" etc. For every one of those comments there's someone else saying that they hate him or he's a douche or whatever, but that's not a bad thing either right? I hated Bill Lambier with the intensity of a (cue Dr Evil) gigantic laser beam yet I couldn't look away from the Pistons when he was playing, possibly in the hope that he might do something to justify my hate even more.
Jennings is going to bring this franchise plenty of spotlight no matter how he plays imo - which considering RJ (our most high profile guy) was traded away and this team was considered pretty much irrelevant with him is a pretty nice little win for the ownership. Who knows, the Bucks may even get a single nationally televised game this year :roll:

Now let's hope he backs it all up.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,736

Post#34 » by AussieBuck » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:56 am

He looks like a raw TJ Ford to me. I guess he is a couple of inches taller though.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
Wise1
RealGM
And1: 256

Post#35 » by Wise1 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:28 am

Ha. Brandon's buddy has made a rap song about him...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMUXALT2 ... re=related

...right up there with Little Wayne's ode to Kobe Bryant. 8-)
Mumbles
Bench Warmer
And1: 223

Post#36 » by Mumbles » Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:47 pm

How do you get access to some of this footage? You must be a close friend to be documenting his experiences, or his brother.

Heh not related, just a fan. The first time I saw Brandon play was actually back in Vegas. I was out there in 05 with a school affiliated group. Ended up getting invited to the 'Big Time' Tournament which is an AAU showcase out there. I only saw one game, but that one game was the So-Cal All Stars vs D1 Greyhounds. The All Stars consisted of guys like Kevin Love, Chase Budinger, Daniel Hackett, Taylor King, and a 16 year old guard from Compton coming off his freshmen year of hs. Jennings went up against D1 which had OJ Mayo & Billy Walker. He charmed the crowd and I've liked him ever since. Much of his dude's teenage life has been covered extensively. All of the footage is online. The SL stuff worked out because my roommate is a diehard UK fan. So he was going to keep the games to scout Jodie Meeks anyway. (dude is so much of a UK homer that the 1st SL game was nothing but an endless tirade agianst BJ because he felt Meeks wasn't getting the ball enough)

lol - is ~5:50 the purported tripping incident??

Nah, it was another play. The 'incident' happened off camera. I know the play though, it was in the first half. When the camera comes back all you can see is Jason Thompson making his way back to the court from the sidelines/out of bounds :lol:. He didn't even look that salty though, Kings fans tried to blow that up.

Yea, but Evans got the better of him when he was down low. It was a a typical SG vs PG matchup. Yes, I think Evans is a SG

I agree about the matchup. They had an interview with Hammond during one of the SL games about how Brandon will hold up defensively in the league as he is indeed lacks size. Hammond said that 6'1 170 is a workable start, but right now it is going to have to be with his quicks, length and hands. I can see why BJ would want to pick guys like Evans up at full or half court because he won't have that much of a chance with guys of that caliber going downhill, at least not right now. He will definitely see his ups and downs defensively. But overall, Skiles has a young guard who wants to defend. It is obvious that people underrated the amount of experience he gained in Europe, and is aptitdue as a player in general...Jennings is indeed coachable. Best thing about his D is that it often times turns into mad transition oppurtunities.

Slightly OT - But does anyone else suddenly feal like the Bucks are gaining some national attention for the first time in a fair while with the Jennings pick?

IMO the demand for Milwaukee Bucks games has increased expoentially. No numbers to back that up , but what you are describing is a kind of buzz that didn't seem to exist prior to drafting Jennings. People want to see this guy play, fans and a haters alike. His story is intriguing, plus he is an entertaining player. 'Purists' like to look down on flare, charisma, swag, or how ever you like to call it. But there is something to be said for that, it attracts people. Viewers want to see winners and be entertained. Hopefully the Bucks can accomplish both next season. As an Ohio State fan, I have always liked Milwaukee for taking in a good guy like Redd.
upnorthfan
Banned User
And1: 16

Post#37 » by upnorthfan » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:31 pm

europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#38 » by europa » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:49 pm

AussieBuck wrote:He looks like a raw TJ Ford to me. I guess he is a couple of inches taller though.

I definitely see more T.J. in him than I originally anticipated.
Nothing will not break me.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks