ImageImage

Sessions Update:Ramon signs T-Wolves OS (page 310 update)

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,271

Re: Sessions Updates: Still Waiting For An Offer 

Post#1041 » by LUKE23 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:07 pm

I agree I've lost it. But I'm intrigued by what Curry could do as a low post scorer/second unit center assuming he's healthy. We know we are getting absolutely zero from Gadz the next two years. Let's say we could dump Bell's contract in this thing also. Now we're neutral as to cost.

You haven't been following Curry lately if you think he'll give us more than zero. The guy has played 62 games in the last two seasons combined. He's awful.
europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#1042 » by europa » Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:07 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
trwi7 wrote:Curry's deal is the same length as Gadz'. Which is why PP25 has lost it. :D

I agree I've lost it. But I'm intrigued by what Curry could do as a low post scorer/second unit center assuming he's healthy. We know we are getting absolutely zero from Gadz the next two years. Let's say we could dump Bell's contract in this thing also. Now we're neutral as to cost.

Just say no to Eddy Curry.

You'll be happy you did.

Trust me.
Nothing will not break me.
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#1043 » by LUKE23 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:08 pm

Would surprise me unless they already have a Ridnour trade worked out.

Even if they had a Ridnour trade worked out, it would be an inexcusable and indefensible move.
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#1044 » by paul » Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:10 pm

LUKE23 wrote:
Would surprise me unless they already have a Ridnour trade worked out.

Even if they had a Ridnour trade worked out, it would be an inexcusable and indefensible move.

Chill Luke, that is not happening - if it does you'll have plenty of oppurtunity to go off :wink:.
buckaroo
Senior
And1: 0

Post#1045 » by buckaroo » Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:10 pm

DrugBust wrote:
LUKE23 wrote:Knicks fans think it's Duhon for Sessions. :lol:

Wouldn't surprise me.

It would surprise me too. I think Hammond plans are to have BJ start and Luke back him up. I think he doesn't want to carry another PG other than for insurance purposes. Not a PG that they would need to find minutes for.
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#1046 » by paul » Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:11 pm

europa wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:
trwi7 wrote:Curry's deal is the same length as Gadz'. Which is why PP25 has lost it. :D

Just say no to Eddy Curry.

You'll be happy you did.

Trust me.

Eddy Curry is in a 4 way equal tie with Iverson, Starbury and Randolph for the 4 players in the entire league I would least like to see in a Bucks uniform - ironic that 18 months ago 3 of them were teammates. Oh Zeke what did you do...
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,552

Post#1047 » by Bernman » Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:12 pm

WRau1 wrote:Lee is a good fit w/ BJ.

THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
blueedwards
Banned User

Post#1048 » by blueedwards » Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:14 pm

Yeah I check the NY board. WOW Theres something in the water there.
Bernman
RealGM

Post#1049 » by Bernman » Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:15 pm

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:I have bad feeling in my stomach that we will be seeing a lot of Chris Duhon next year.

Likewise, and I don't want to hear how Hammond/Skiles really wanted Sessions back at any reasonable rate if a sign and trade with Chris Duhon being the principle occurs.
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#1050 » by LUKE23 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:16 pm

We need GAD in here to tell us what Sessions actual trade number is if he is getting a MLE offer. I thought I saw it was around $9M, but could be wrong.
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#1051 » by Newz » Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:17 pm

It seems like a smarter move to just let Sessions go rather than trade him for Duhon.

If we are going to do a bad S&T with the Knicks, at least make it for Wilson Chandler so he can get some playing time here. ;)
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,413

Post#1052 » by trwi7 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:18 pm

paul wrote:[Eddy Curry is in a 4 way equal tie with Iverson, Starbury and Randolph for the 4 players in the entire league I would least like to see in a Bucks uniform

Don't worry. There's not enough green polyester dazzle fabric left in the world to make his uniform.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#1053 » by LUKE23 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:19 pm

Anyone want to translate this:

Here is an example of a BYC calculation: A player earned $2 million in 2004-05, after which he became a free agent. He then signs a new contract (re-signing with his previous team, which is over the salary cap) starting at $9 million. This player qualifies for BYC, so his trade value is the greater of his previous salary ($2 million) or 50% of his new salary ($4.5 million), or $4.5 million. So this player, who actually earns $9 million, is worth $4.5 million for trading purposes.

When comparing salaries for trade, teams use their own player's BYC value and the other player's full salary, even if the other player is also BYC. Here is a simple example -- two $5 million players, both of whom are re-signed (by teams over the cap) for $10 million. Both players become base year players whose base year amount is $5 million (50% of the new salary). If the teams want to trade these players for each other they compare their player's base year amount to the other player's full salary. So each team can take back a maximum of 125% plus $100,000 of their player's $5 million base year amount, or $6.35 million. They compare $6.35 million to the other player's full $10 million. $10 million is way too high, so this trade can't be done, even though the players' actual salaries match exactly.
I am Ra
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#1054 » by I am Ra » Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:19 pm

blueedwards wrote:Yeah I check the NY board. WOW Theres something in the water there.

look you guys came to our boards and started trolling, so why wouldnt we get mad. And every fanbase has homer inside them so if you want a discussion you agree with stick to your board. if not than come to our board and we chat.

And dont even say you havent trolled:

No you gonna have to live with Tinsley. :lol: Thats if hes there yet after we match the Sessions offer in a week. Most likely Philly will sign Tinsley before you guys. :lol:
trwi7
RealGM

Post#1055 » by trwi7 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:22 pm

LUKE23 wrote:Anyone want to translate this:

Here is an example of a BYC calculation: A player earned $2 million in 2004-05, after which he became a free agent. He then signs a new contract (re-signing with his previous team, which is over the salary cap) starting at $9 million. This player qualifies for BYC, so his trade value is the greater of his previous salary ($2 million) or 50% of his new salary ($4.5 million), or $4.5 million. So this player, who actually earns $9 million, is worth $4.5 million for trading purposes.

When comparing salaries for trade, teams use their own player's BYC value and the other player's full salary, even if the other player is also BYC. Here is a simple example -- two $5 million players, both of whom are re-signed (by teams over the cap) for $10 million. Both players become base year players whose base year amount is $5 million (50% of the new salary). If the teams want to trade these players for each other they compare their player's base year amount to the other player's full salary. So each team can take back a maximum of 125% plus $100,000 of their player's $5 million base year amount, or $6.35 million. They compare $6.35 million to the other player's full $10 million. $10 million is way too high, so this trade can't be done, even though the players' actual salaries match exactly.

Let's just say David Lee made $2 million last year and agrees to a S&T of $9 million. While his actual salary next year will be $9 million, his trade salary will only be $4.5 million. So a straight swap of Lee S&T at $9 million for a player on another team making $9 million wouldn't work since Lee's salary in a trade would only be $4.5 million, so the team trading Lee would have to send out more salary if they wanted the $9 million player.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

blueedwards
Banned User

Post#1056 » by blueedwards » Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:23 pm

kingofkingz wrote:
blueedwards wrote:Yeah I check the NY board. WOW Theres something in the water there.

look you guys came to our boards and started trolling, so why wouldnt we get mad. And every fanbase has homer inside them so if you want a discussion you agree with stick to your board. if not than come to our board and we chat.

And dont even say you havent trolled:

No you gonna have to live with Tinsley. :lol: Thats if hes there yet after we match the Sessions offer in a week. Most likely Philly will sign Tinsley before you guys. :lol:
Well next time post realistic offers for S&T of Sessions. You guys over there act your getting Sessions for Duhon. lmao We will just match Session and skip a S&T if its gonna be for scrubs.
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#1057 » by LUKE23 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:26 pm

Let's just say David Lee made $2 million last year and agrees to a S&T of $9 million. While his actual salary next year will be $9 million, his trade salary will only be $4.5 million. So a straight swap of Lee S&T at $9 million for a player on another team making $9 million wouldn't work since Lee's salary in a trade would only be $4.5 million, so the team trading Lee would have to send out more salary if they wanted the $9 million player.

I get the half value thing, where I'm confused is if you're trading two BYC players, both sides have to view it as:

Knicks: Lee is worth $4.5M, Sessions $5.8M
Bucks: Sessions is worth $2.9M, Lee is worth $9M

is that correct? That twists my brain in a pretzel.
I am Ra
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#1058 » by I am Ra » Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:26 pm

blueedwards wrote:Well next time post realistic offers for S&T of Sessions. You guys over there act your getting Sessions for Duhon. lmao We will just match Session and skip a S&T if its gonna be for scrubs.

like i said if you dont want knick fans proposing trades dont come to the knicks boards. I'm not coming here and saying that we'll trade jeffries and get sessions, im not even coming here and saying something obvious like you wont get chanlder for sessions. Just let knick fans talk about the knicks, if you want to be a jerk. Its not like this is in the general board, its in the knicks board.
Bernman
RealGM

Post#1059 » by Bernman » Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:28 pm

DrugBust wrote:Knicks are never going to give up that much cap space for 2010 just to sign Sessions. Curry is one of their big expiring deals.

Exactly why a S/T is stupid if you're the Knicks. If they want Sessions they can simply offer him the MLE and be done with it. Why even bring S/T into the equation?[/quote]

To pay a lot less of the luxury tax then they would be otherwise, and ensure that Sessions becomes part of their ballclub if they're that high on him and even have a sliver of a doubt their sheet will be matched.

Besides Curry is not expiring, and makes more than Gadz, so they'd actually be shaving money off their cap also. It was a dumb deal for the Bucks.
trwi7
RealGM

Post#1060 » by trwi7 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:28 pm

LUKE23 wrote:

I get the half value thing, where I'm confused is if you're trading two BYC players, both sides have to view it as:

Knicks: Lee is worth $4.5M, Sessions $5.8M
Bucks: Sessions is worth $2.9M, Lee is worth $9M

is that correct? That twists my brain in a pretzel.

Yeah, I think that's right. It's one of the reasons I want GAD to be the Bucks GM because I think he could pwn some other GM's in BYC S&T's. :D

Return to Milwaukee Bucks