ImageImage

Sessions Update:Ramon signs T-Wolves OS (page 310 update)

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

blueedwards
Banned User
And1: 0

Re: Sessions Updates: Still Waiting For An Offer 

Post#1061 » by blueedwards » Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:29 pm

kingofkingz wrote:
blueedwards wrote:Well next time post realistic offers for S&T of Sessions. You guys over there act your getting Sessions for Duhon. lmao We will just match Session and skip a S&T if its gonna be for scrubs.

like i said if you dont want knick fans proposing trades dont come to the knicks boards. I'm not coming here and saying that we'll trade jeffries and get sessions, im not even coming here and saying something obvious like you wont get chanlder for sessions. Just let knick fans talk about the knicks, if you want to be a jerk. Its not like this is in the general board, its in the knicks board.
Actually one of the posters had us taking Jeffries. Thats when Luke started reply back. :lol:
I am Ra
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#1062 » by I am Ra » Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:31 pm

blueedwards wrote:Actually one of the posters had us taking Jeffries. Thats when Luke started reply back. :lol:

S&t lee -8
jeffries 6
cash

for

S&t sessions 5
kurt thomas 4
bowen 4

try again and it was the 1st post.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,414

Post#1063 » by trwi7 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:36 pm

Wow, I just read that thread. Knicks fans are incredible homers.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,271

Post#1064 » by LUKE23 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:36 pm

Yeah, I think that's right. It's one of the reasons I want GAD to be the Bucks GM because I think he could pwn some other GM's in BYC S&T's. :D

If that is right Sessions for Lee is a pipedream deal, too hard to get done.

Sessions/Bowen ($7M in trade value) for Duhon/Chandler ($7.28M) works, but that trade is very blah too.
BucksRUS
Analyst
And1: 12

Post#1065 » by BucksRUS » Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:56 pm

[/quote]

If that is right Sessions for Lee is a pipedream deal, too hard to get done.

Sessions/Bowen ($7M in trade value) for Duhon/Chandler ($7.28M) works, but that trade is very blah too.[/quote]

I don't think that will work. If sessions signs for the MLE:

Mil outgoing

Sessions $2.6 mil
Bowens $4.1 mil
Total $6.7 mil

NY incoming

Sessions $5.8 mil
Bowens $4.1 mil
Total $9.9 mil

So if NY only sends out $7.28 mil, they are not within 25% of what is incoming. There would need to be more players involved to get the dollar figure higher to account for the BYC issues.
Trade S. Jackson soon. NJ seems like a nice place for him.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,241

Post#1066 » by paulpressey25 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:57 pm

Here was GAD's formulation on a Lee/Sessions S&T from two weeks ago.

It would be a double S&T with both Sessions and Lee being BYC, which would be difficult but not impossible, especially if you get the total salaries involved on both sides high enough.

Just to make things easy to look at for an example, let's give Sessions a first year salary of $6 (BYC $3 mil) mil and Lee a first year salary of $8 mil (BYC $4 mil)

In order to take back Lee at $8 mil, Bucks need to include at least $3.32 mil more salary besides Sessions.

For the Knicks, that's more salary than they can take back for just Lee. They'd be limited to only $5.1 mil, and couldn't take back the $9.32 mil the Bucks would have to send out at minimum. You just have to add stuff in to each side until the numbers matchup. And you can adjust the salaries of the S&T players to help make it work too, but it is far trickier than just a BYC S&T from one side.

Ridnour, Thomas, Alexander, Sessions at $6 mil
for
Duhon, Gallinari, Chandler, Lee at $8 mil

would be an example of an allowable trade.

Alternatively, you can find a 3rd team with either cap space or a TPE to help facilitate a smaller double BYC S&T
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#1067 » by europa » Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:01 pm

Scott Howard-Cooper of SI.com doesn't think Sessions will get an offer from any team:

Sessions is a restricted free agent, and the Bucks will match any reasonable offer sheet, and every opponent knows it and probably won't go through the trouble of a contract that will turn out to be nothing more than doing Milwaukee's legwork.
Nothing will not break me.
blueedwards
Banned User

Post#1068 » by blueedwards » Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:04 pm

trwi7 wrote:Wow, I just read that thread. Knicks fans are incredible homers.
Bad enough I read Sessions for Duhon then this one takes the cake. lmao
kingofkingz wrote:like i have been saying lee to milwaukee, amir johnson and cuttino mobley to utah, carlos boozer and ramon session to ny. Get It Done Donnie!!!!
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#1069 » by Newz » Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:05 pm

blueedwards wrote:
kingofkingz wrote:like i have been saying lee to milwaukee, amir johnson and cuttino mobley to utah, carlos boozer and ramon session to ny. Get It Done Donnie!!!!

That's all they are going to get for David Lee?

Jesus, I thought they could at least get Kobe and Gasol.
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,553

Post#1070 » by Bernman » Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:08 pm

europa wrote:Scott Howard-Cooper of SI.com doesn't think Sessions will get an offer from any team:

Sessions is a restricted free agent, and the Bucks will match any reasonable offer sheet, and every opponent knows it and probably won't go through the trouble of a contract that will turn out to be nothing more than doing Milwaukee's legwork.

There's no logic behind that speculation on his part because at the end of the offseason a team wouldn't be deterred from throwing at least 3-4 million at him after all their essential needs are filled, and if the Bucks match, no harm done.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
europa
RealGM

Post#1071 » by europa » Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:11 pm

The logic behind the speculation seems to be the fact no one has shown any serious interest in making Sessions yet and the fact - as he points out - teams around the league believe Hammond will match anything that isn't excessive. So why bother wasting their time? Makes plenty of sense. Whether it happens remains to be seen, but it certainly isn't an unreasonable statement, especially if Howard-Cooper is well connected to people around the league, which I would assume he at least is reasonably to be working for SI.com as an NBA beat writer.
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,333

Post#1072 » by Mags FTW » Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:12 pm

blueedwards wrote:

I thought Giuliani cleaned up the crack problem in New York.
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#1073 » by Newz » Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:12 pm

europa wrote:The logic behind the speculation seems to be the fact no one has shown any serious interest in making Sessions yet and the fact - as he points out - teams around the league believe Hammond will match anything that isn't excessive. So why bother wasting their time? Makes plenty of sense. Whether it happens remains to be seen, but it certainly isn't an unreasonable statement, especially if Howard-Cooper is well connected to people around the league, which I would assume he at least is reasonably to be working for SI.com as an NBA beat writer.

It's time...

Offer Sessions a 6 year, 9 million dollar contract. ;)
europa
RealGM

Post#1074 » by europa » Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:15 pm

LukePliska wrote:
europa wrote:The logic behind the speculation seems to be the fact no one has shown any serious interest in making Sessions yet and the fact - as he points out - teams around the league believe Hammond will match anything that isn't excessive. So why bother wasting their time? Makes plenty of sense. Whether it happens remains to be seen, but it certainly isn't an unreasonable statement, especially if Howard-Cooper is well connected to people around the league, which I would assume he at least is reasonably to be working for SI.com as an NBA beat writer.

It's time...

Offer Sessions a 6 year, 9 million dollar contract. ;)

Nice. :)

The main reason for the Knicks trying to work out a S&T for Sessions, of course, is Walsh may believe Hammond's going to match the type of offer sheet he's thinking of making. If he was completely confident he could get Sessions, he'd sign him to an offer sheet and be done with it. The fact this has dragged on for so long is a pretty good sign that among the issues going on is Walsh's belief Hammond's going to match his offer.
I am Ra
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#1075 » by I am Ra » Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:22 pm

blueedwards wrote:

again this was said in the knicks board, not in the general board, not in the trades board, not in the bucks board, not even in the utah board. Also this trade does make sense. Amir Johnson and Sessions is the realistic value for Lee. Utah wants to save money and they want a player(amir). I dont see why you guys are all coming at me, its not like im calling you guys out or anything.
buckaroo
Senior

Post#1076 » by buckaroo » Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:25 pm

Nice. :)

The main reason for the Knicks trying to work out a S&T for Sessions, of course, is Walsh may believe Hammond's going to match the type of offer sheet he's thinking of making. If he was completely confident he could get Sessions, he'd sign him to an offer sheet and be done with it. The fact this has dragged on for so long is a pretty good sign that among the issues going on is Walsh's belief Hammond's going to match his offer.

I actually think Walsh has a total payroll spend number he is looking at. He isn't getting anyone he wants on a one-year deal. This means he will have to sign someone to a lulti-year and that contract could hinder NY's FA plans for next offseason. He is looking at S&T for Sessions because he is hoping he can give MIL back enough that even if he signs Sessions to a multi-year contract, he will still have room for two max FAs next offseason.
Dobber-16
Assistant Coach
And1: 439

Post#1077 » by Dobber-16 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:30 pm

I'm all on board with trading Amir for...............? I just don't think he is a very good NBA player. He's just one and done in Milwaukee, at the most.
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote: all you guys bitching sound like fixed income grandmas at the grocery store.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,271

Post#1078 » by LUKE23 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:31 pm

again this was said in the knicks board, not in the general board, not in the trades board, not in the bucks board, not even in the utah board. Also this trade does make sense. Amir Johnson and Sessions is the realistic value for Lee. Utah wants to save money and they want a player(amir). I dont see why you guys are all coming at me, its not like im calling you guys out or anything.

Because you honestly think you can get Boozer/Sessions/Johnson for Lee and Mobley.

Knicks fans overrate their talent more than any forum on here, by far. It's really bad.
blueedwards
Banned User

Post#1079 » by blueedwards » Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:34 pm

kingofkingz wrote:again this was said in the knicks board, not in the general board, not in the trades board, not in the bucks board, not even in the utah board. Also this trade does make sense. Amir Johnson and Sessions is the realistic value for Lee. Utah wants to save money and they want a player(amir). I dont see why you guys are all coming at me, its not like im calling you guys out or anything.
Why would the Jazz help you guys out when they got your 2010 pick unprotected? There not gonna help ya win. They want that pick top 3. :wink:
smooth 'lil balla
Assistant Coach
And1: 8

Post#1080 » by smooth 'lil balla » Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:35 pm

LUKE23 wrote:

Because you honestly think you can get Boozer/Sessions/Johnson for Lee and Mobley.

Knicks fans overrate their talent more than any forum on here, by far. It's really bad.

I don't think it's that unrealistic. Utah can't get sh$t for Boozer because (a) everyone knows they are desperate to get him out of town, (b) everyone knows he wants to be in Miami. Utah gets a backup PF with some potential and saves money. Bucks get the a PF they've been looking for. This trade is no worse than 99% of the crap I see on our boards, even though NY is basically getting Boozer for free (stranger things have happened, ie. Gasol).

Return to Milwaukee Bucks