ImageImage

Ramon Sessions T-Wolves offer: Do we match? (poll included)

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

Should the Bucks match the 4-year/$16 million dollar offer sheet?

Yes, Sessions is worth this deal. Figure out the luxury tax issues via other moves.
72%
No, Sessions is not worth it. Let him go to Minnesota
28%

Total votes: 241

funkatron101
General Manager
And1: 970

Re: Ramon Sessions T-Wolves offer: Do we match? (poll included) 

Post#1401 » by funkatron101 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:27 pm

trwi7 wrote:
funkatron101 wrote:(The Bucks fan base is my second favorite on RealGM) I'm rooting for the deal.

Who's #1? And don't say the Wolves, that doesn't count.

Well if the Wolves don't count, then you guys are #1! WOOOO! You guys are pretty level-headed, but don't take yourselves too seriously. Seems pretty similar to the Wolves board.

Knicks fans are #2 just because they have some of the most ridiculous trolls I have ever seen, and they think that they are the center of the universe. Pure entertainment.
Lattimer wrote:Cracks me up that people still think that Wiggins will be involved in the trade for Love. Wolves are out of their mind if they think they are getting Wiggins for Love.
BobbyLight
RealGM
And1: 1,546

Post#1402 » by BobbyLight » Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:28 pm

funkatron101 wrote:Well if the Wolves don't count, then you guys are #1! WOOOO! You guys are pretty level-headed, but don't take yourselves too seriously. Seems pretty similar to the Wolves board.

Knicks fans are #2 just because they have some of the most ridiculous trolls I have ever seen, and they think that they are the center of the universe. Pure entertainment.

You haven't been around much lately then.... This is probably the most depressing board on RGM right now.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,434

Post#1403 » by trwi7 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:29 pm

funkatron101 wrote:Well if the Wolves don't count, then you guys are #1! WOOOO!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take that Raptors fans!

but don't take yourselves too seriously.

Got that right.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
BucksRUS
Analyst
And1: 12

Post#1404 » by BucksRUS » Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:32 pm

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/59050727.html

Bucks decline the offer to Sessions.
Trade S. Jackson soon. NJ seems like a nice place for him.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,344

Post#1405 » by crkone » Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:33 pm

The long wait is finally over for Ramon Sessions.

Bucks general manager John Hammond confirmed today he will not match the four-year, $16.4 million offer sheet tendered by the Minnesota Timberwolves.

The Bucks were facing a 4 p.m. deadline to match the offer or relinquish the rights to the 6-foot-3 point guard.

Now the 23-year-old Sessions will join the Timberwolves and could become the team’s starting shooting guard in a tandem with rookie point guard Jonny Flynn.

"We are not going to match the Ramon Sessions offer sheet," Hammond said today. "As always we will be diligent in looking to improve our roster. We wish Ramon the very best."

Minnesota quickly turned its attentions to Sessions after failing to sign Spanish guard Ricky Rubio, the fifth overall pick in the June draft. The Timberwolves offered Sessions the multiyear deal he had been seeking, starting with a $3.7 million salary in the first year and escalating to $4.6 in the final year of the contract, which is a player option.

Earlier in the summer, Sessions and his agent, James “Chubby” Wells, had serious discussions with the New York Knicks and Los Angeles Clippers but never received an offer sheet from either team.

Sessions averaged 12.4 points and a team-high 5.7 assists in 79 games with the Bucks last season. He showed an ability to penetrate the lane and get to the foul line, and he ranked second on the team in free throws attempted while shooting 79.4% from the line.

Signing Sessions would have put the Bucks over the luxury tax level, and Hammond has spent the summer restructuring the roster by signing players to short-term or low-cost deals. The Bucks now have at least $20 million worth of expiring contracts, giving them greater financial and roster flexibility in the future.

Rookie Brandon Jennings, the 10th overall pick in the draft, will have an opportunity to take over the Bucks’ starting point guard role. Veteran Luke Ridnour also will be in the rotation, along with 6-5 Roko Ukic, acquired in an August trade with Toronto.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
aboveAverage
RealGM
And1: 2,611

Post#1406 » by aboveAverage » Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:33 pm

BucksRUS wrote:http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/59050727.html

Bucks decline the offer to Sessions.

Damn.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,089

Post#1407 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:35 pm

Ok we'll do one more Sessions thread and lock this one up. I can't wait for the season to start, or at least training camp, so we can have other things to talk about.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,325

Re: Ramon Sessions T-Wolves offer: Do we match? (poll includ 

Post#1408 » by paulpressey25 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:08 am

Here's a bump for the night.

Magic Sessions FTW.

Also, here is the 313 page Ramon Sessions thread that preceded this one.

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=930927&start=4680
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,272

Post#1409 » by LUKE23 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:14 am

LUKE23 wrote:This is as no brainer a match as it gets. You have Jennings and Sessions making $6M-$8M COMBINED for the next four years. That is a great value.

But......we won't.

Still would have matched.
Scoops
General Manager
And1: 267

Post#1410 » by Scoops » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:16 am

Best case scenario had we done this is we'd have another okay role player and we'd still be a **** team without direction. Irrelevant.
Go Bucks!
gbmb34
Pro Prospect
And1: 80

Post#1411 » by gbmb34 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:17 am

Me too.

And after 2.5 seasons, he still is better than Jennings
packerbreakdown.wordpress.com
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,272

Post#1412 » by LUKE23 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:18 am

Scoops wrote:Best case scenario had we done this is we'd have another okay role player and we'd still be a **** team without direction. Irrelevant.

True to an extent, but I'd sure as hell rather be paying him $4M than Udrih $7M.
JustinCredible
Head Coach
And1: 2,965

Post#1413 » by JustinCredible » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:19 am

LUKE23 wrote:
LUKE23 wrote:This is as no brainer a match as it gets. You have Jennings and Sessions making $6M-$8M COMBINED for the next four years. That is a great value.

But......we won't.

Still would have matched.

So everyone gets to bump their praise for Sessions from years ago but when I bump a thread from last year when I said we should sign Jeremy Lin to be our backup PG it gets deleted. :nonono:
All posts are my own opinion.
Twitter: @itsjwills
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,325

Post#1414 » by paulpressey25 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:22 am

The irony of all this is the fact we were so damn bi-polar on Luke Ridnour.

August 2008 - Gotta have gritty Ridnour rather than expiring contract Joe Smith.

February 2009 - Gotta offer up our 8-month old Lotto pick Joe Alexander with Ridnour to the Nets for expiring scrub contracts the Nets had in order to take out Ridnour's last year of his contract so we can carve space to retain Ramon. Net's decline trade.

August 2009 - Gotta turn down matching Ramon's very reasonable 4/$16 deal because we can't do anything to get in the way of Jennings and we've already got Ridnour at $6.5 million for another year.

July 2010 - Ridnour plays great role in FTD season and is perfect compliment to Brandon at either PG or SG. But Bucks again turn down offering Ridnour 4/$16 deal because it too would screw up the payroll by one year out in 2013 when Jennings later is given his big extension.

Nov-Apr 2010-11 - Bucks pube it up with no backup PG while Ridnour plays well for Minny.

June 2011 - Bucks go out to bring in Beno Udrih and his $15 million owed because we need backup PG like Ridnour.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
icat2000
RealGM
And1: 42

Post#1415 » by icat2000 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:24 am

We should be thanking Ramon Sessions for leadings Cavs to a win.
worthlessBucks
RealGM
And1: 4,833

Post#1416 » by worthlessBucks » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:25 am

paulpressey25 wrote:The irony of all this is the fact we were so damn bi-polar on Luke Ridnour.

August 2008 - Gotta have gritty Ridnour rather than expiring contract Joe Smith.

February 2009 - Gotta offer up our 8-month old Lotto pick Joe Alexander with Ridnour to the Nets for expiring scrub contracts the Nets had in order to take out Ridnour's last year of his contract so we can carve space to retain Ramon. Net's decline trade.

August 2009 - Gotta turn down matching Ramon's very reasonable 4/$16 deal because we can't do anything to get in the way of Jennings and we've already got Ridnour at $6.5 million for another year.

July 2010 - Ridnour plays great role in FTD season and is perfect compliment to Brandon at either PG or SG. But Bucks again turn down offering Ridnour 4/$16 deal because it too would screw up the payroll by one year out in 2013 when Jennings later is given his big extension.

Nov-Apr 2010-11 - Bucks pube it up with no backup PG while Ridnour plays well for Minny.

June 2011 - Bucks go out to bring in Beno Udrih and his $15 million owed because we need backup PG like Ridnour.

Great point. Those in charge of this franchise have no idea what the hell they're doing or where they're going, every day & every year.
Go Bucks!
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#1417 » by paul » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:23 am

I actually totally blanked on Ramon turning down our offer before the Delfino deal and then taking a very similar one with the Wolves when I was talking about this the other day.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks