ImageImage

Hammond & Skiles Conference Call - Today - Page 5

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,785

Re: Hammond & sKiles Teleconference 

Post#41 » by Ayt » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:20 pm

LUKE23 wrote:I'm far more worried about Sessions breaking out than Yi.

I'd be pretty shocked if Sessions didn't break out. Minny lacks guards and he has some nice bigmen to find on drives instead of having teams come off of freakin Elson to help out on Sesh.
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#42 » by REDDzone » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:22 pm

The difference being is I actually plan to root for Sessions. Yi...not so much.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,244

Post#43 » by LUKE23 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:23 pm

Agreed, although being as big of a Sessions re-signing proponent as I was, it will hurt to watch him be successful at a $4M per year deal.

Yi I hope never breaks out, mainly because of how big of POS he was about being in Milwaukee.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,142

Post#44 » by paulpressey25 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:42 pm

Bernman wrote:What I'll object to though is not accounting for Brandon Jennings potentially disappointing and being outplayed by later draftees.

That potential is out there Bern. I'd acknowledge that. Jennings just looked so interesting in SL.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#45 » by REDDzone » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:46 pm

Bernman wrote:What I'll object to though is not accounting for Brandon Jennings potentially disappointing and being outplayed by later draftees. You're making far too many assumptions about a guy who sucked in Europe just based on summer league, PP.

Absolutely 100% agree. Its not just PP though, its most of the forum IMO.

I don't really expect much at all from BJ this season.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,244

Post#46 » by LUKE23 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:49 pm

Yeah, I expect massive inconsistency.
kebzach
Bench Warmer
And1: 11

Post#47 » by kebzach » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:52 pm

Jennings hasn't even been out of high school for 24 months yet. I'd be much more surprised if he WASN'T inconsistent than if he was.

And, I'd like to see Ramon Sessions have a breakout year on a bad MN team, in the Western Conference. I'd like to see it but I don't believe that I will.
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,518

Post#48 » by Bernman » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:52 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
Bernman wrote:What I'll object to though is not accounting for Brandon Jennings potentially disappointing and being outplayed by later draftees.

That potential is out there Bern. I'd acknowledge that. Jennings just looked so interesting in SL.

In a fullcourt style where undisciplined defenses were allowing themselves to be beaten down the floor, even off just missed baskets and not pilfers. How often does that occur in the regular season? Not much. How often did he make the type of shots in Europe which he was taking in summer league? Not much. How often has anyone made those shots in the NBA with any type of efficiency? Dare I say never. I'd say the chances are much better of the unknown Jennings not playing well than Yi emerging at 25 after sucking for his first 2 seasons rife with opportunity. The primary reasons why some emerge after a couple years in the NBA are opportunity and a change in situation. Yi's already had both.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,142

Post#49 » by paulpressey25 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:16 pm

Look, if Jennings is a bust, then we might just as well start bag night 2 come March. We're going to be in a world of hurt then.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
LISTEN2JAZZ
RealGM
And1: 172

Post#50 » by LISTEN2JAZZ » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:35 pm

Like I've said in other threads, if Jennings is a good NBA player this year, it will mean he made a massive improvement from the player he was a year ago. The stylistic differences between two leagues are not enough to automatically take you from a horrible to a good player.

I'm taking a wait and see approach with Jennings, but it's hard to read ridiculous statements without offering a counter to them. And an unhealthily high percentage of this forum has assumed that it's a given Jennings will be an NBA star. I sure hope those guys are right though, because I have no idea what else I would watch the season for.
blkout
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,914

Post#51 » by blkout » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:37 pm

If Jennings is a bust the entire scouting staff and anyone who has anything to do with drafting should be fired on the spot. A few good second round picks and not much else in the last decade isn't good enough.
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,518

Post#52 » by Bernman » Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:08 am

paulpressey25 wrote:Look, if Jennings is a bust, then we might just as well start bag night 2 come March. We're going to be in a world of hurt then.

Look, just because you need him to be good right off the bat next season, to justify your fandom until March, and believe that the Bucks aren't a sinking ship...doesn't make it more likely to be true. Introspection is the first step......
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
step3profit
Analyst
And1: 819

Post#53 » by step3profit » Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:52 am

REDDzone wrote:

I'm not worried about it at all, for any of the decent players who have come and gone. It's not healthy to dwell over who your ex's are **** these days.
icat2000
RealGM
And1: 42

Post#54 » by icat2000 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:58 am

adamcz wrote: And an unhealthily high percentage of this forum has assumed that it's a given Jennings will be an NBA star. I sure hope those guys are right though, because I have no idea what else I would watch the season for.
This statement is misleading. Noone has been shouting from the roof tops that Jenning will be a NBA star. More like maybe has the potential to become one and a willing to roll the dice to see if this unfolds.

Certainly I'm looking forward to see what Jennings can do this season and are willing to support whatever it takes to give the kid an opportunity to blossom.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,402

Post#55 » by trwi7 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:01 am

icat2000 wrote:
adamcz wrote: And an unhealthily high percentage of this forum has assumed that it's a given Jennings will be an NBA star. I sure hope those guys are right though, because I have no idea what else I would watch the season for.
This statement is misleading. Noone has been shouting from the roof tops that Jenning will be a NBA star. More like maybe has the potential to become one and a willing to roll the dice to see if this unfolds.

So you haven't seen Wise1's posts?
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
steger_3434
RealGM
And1: 5,456

Post#56 » by steger_3434 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:02 am

It will be Bogut's fault if Jennings doesn't become the best PG in the NBA.
yiyiyi wrote:give rockets Redd ,houston give you T-MAC in return .please help rockets!
i dont want see that woman anymore !
icat2000
RealGM
And1: 42

Post#57 » by icat2000 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:02 am

trwi7 wrote:
icat2000 wrote:

So you haven't seen Wise1's posts?

I've seen many posts on this forum from numerous posters. Wondering where the high percentage comes from?
step3profit
Analyst
And1: 819

Post#58 » by step3profit » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:05 am

I'm definitely assuming Jennings ends up a star and a steal at #10. I watched enough of him to form that opinion, and if it's wrong, well.. it won't be the first time someone was wrong about something in an internet forum.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,402

Post#59 » by trwi7 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:11 am

steger_3434 wrote:It will be Bogut's fault if Jennings doesn't become the best PG in the NBA.

Bogut is putting Jennings in a position to not have a consistent offensive big.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,743

Post#60 » by AussieBuck » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:16 am

trwi7 wrote:
steger_3434 wrote:It will be Bogut's fault if Jennings doesn't become the best PG in the NBA.

Bogut is putting Jennings in a position to not have a consistent offensive big.

Jennings would average twice as many assists if Bogut had a jumpshot.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter

Return to Milwaukee Bucks