ImageImage

MJS first day of camp story (Potsie out)

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

steger_3434
RealGM
And1: 5,481

Re: MJS first day of camp story (Potsie out) 

Post#81 » by steger_3434 » Thu Oct 1, 2009 1:13 am

I know Jennings is exaggerating, but that would have to be the fastest rookie wall in history. Two days of practice? We're talking about practice.
yiyiyi wrote:give rockets Redd ,houston give you T-MAC in return .please help rockets!
i dont want see that woman anymore !
steger_3434
RealGM
And1: 5,481

Post#82 » by steger_3434 » Thu Oct 1, 2009 1:15 am

EastSideBucksFan wrote:
Brandon Jennings My body is tired........ smh! rookie wall i hope not.
43 minutes ago

-Facebook Update

Looks like Jennings is pretty tired from this afternoons practice.

But, does anyone know what smh stands for?

Shaking my head?
yiyiyi wrote:give rockets Redd ,houston give you T-MAC in return .please help rockets!
i dont want see that woman anymore !
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,418

Post#83 » by trwi7 » Thu Oct 1, 2009 1:15 am

EastSideBucksFan wrote:But, does anyone know what smh stands for?

Shake my head.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,624

Post#84 » by raferfenix » Thu Oct 1, 2009 2:09 am

I'm waiting for some good news about JA. The next time will probably be the first time since we drafted him....
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,271

Post#85 » by LUKE23 » Thu Oct 1, 2009 2:12 am

Good lord Joe....

I think ESBF's lineup is probably right for opening night (Ridnour/Redd/LRMAM/Ilyasova/Bogut). It will be upsetting if Jennings can't unseat Ridnour from the get go, but I think that is what happens.
trwi7
RealGM

Post#86 » by trwi7 » Thu Oct 1, 2009 2:20 am

EastSideBucksFan wrote:From the information thats out there, it wouldn't surprise Joe parties like an idiot

GAD agrees.

stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,019

Post#87 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Oct 1, 2009 2:37 am

Unfortunately that's the best he looked last season.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#88 » by paul » Thu Oct 1, 2009 2:39 am

LUKE23 wrote:Good lord Joe....

I think ESBF's lineup is probably right for opening night (Ridnour/Redd/LRMAM/Ilyasova/Bogut). It will be upsetting if Jennings can't unseat Ridnour from the get go, but I think that is what happens.

I think he'll be given every opportunity to do so, but it's no great tragedy for me if he doesn't start right away and in fact I don't think it would hurt him at all to come off the bench initially if he doesn't beat out Ridnour.
Deron Williams didn't start the first half of his rookie year and really didn't make that much of an impact until late. As I recall he sat behind such luminaries as Keith McLead, Devin Brown and Palacio, Ridnour doesn't look so bad by comparison and I'm pretty sure Deron was older then than Brandon is now.
d-god
Sophomore
And1: 1

Post#89 » by d-god » Thu Oct 1, 2009 2:41 am

he looks like a complete and utter idiot
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,271

Post#90 » by LUKE23 » Thu Oct 1, 2009 2:43 am

Deron actually started game 9 through the end of December, then didn't start, then did. He had an odd rookie year, but he was in there in the first month. Hopefully we see the same from Jennings.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/392 ... ?year=2005

Basically, if Jennings is a star, we will see several signs of it in year 1.
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#91 » by paul » Thu Oct 1, 2009 2:50 am

LUKE23 wrote:Deron actually started game 9 through the end of December, then didn't start, then did. He had an odd rookie year, but he was in there in the first month. Hopefully we see the same from Jennings.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/392 ... ?year=2005

Basically, if Jennings is a star, we will see several signs of it in year 1.

You're right he started for a while early (I just checked the stats) though only after both McLeod and Palacio had been given the starting opportunity. The point remains however that probably the second most special PG in the NBA today didn't start for half of his rookie season and he wasn't competing with anything like the quality of Ridnour for the job. You and I differ slightly in that I see Ridnour as a more than adequate placewarmer for Jennings until he's ready, much the same way as I did with Sessions last year. I don't want any rookies to be handed anything they don't earn, we all saw how that turned out with Yi.
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#92 » by EastSideBucksFan » Thu Oct 1, 2009 2:59 am

I feel pretty confident saying that Jennings will unseat Ridnour at some point earlier in the season rather than later say by Dec/Jan. But I think Jennings needs to see the game, come in off the bench, get used to the speed, get used to the competition and different defenses before Skiles will throw him in the fire.

Jennings looks to be working hard defensively so far, but he will struggle against top tier PG's that we see on a night to night basis.

I think Skiles trusts both Ridnour and Mbah Moute and thats a huge reason why I think they'll be starting. Also, Ersan can shoot much better, has legit NBA pf size (he looked two inches taller than Warrick) and is a better fit to be out there starting than Warrick.

Plus I like Jennings and Warrick both coming off the bench, those guys are the runners and Bell and Delfino will be the shooters off the bench.

Delfino shot the ball well, better than his percentages suggest. He's a guy who will give maximum effort on both ends of the floor, but he has limited abilities and is only average at best.
pasting_monkeys
Starter

Post#93 » by pasting_monkeys » Thu Oct 1, 2009 3:20 am

steger_3434 wrote:I still can't believe Hammond drafted JA.

I'm pretty certain that when looking back on it, Hammond can't believe it either. There has been a lot of evidence to support that Hammond is supremely disappointed in Joe so far, and his body language from ESBF's report adds more.
d-god
Sophomore

Post#94 » by d-god » Thu Oct 1, 2009 3:24 am

so if Hammond decides that JA is of no value to the Bucks, who could we get in the marketplace?
trwi7
RealGM

Post#95 » by trwi7 » Thu Oct 1, 2009 3:25 am

d-god wrote:so if Hammond decides that JA is of no value to the Bucks, who could we get in the marketplace?

Two Garfield books and the novelization of the movie Caddyshack. Maybe.

d-god
Sophomore

Post#96 » by d-god » Thu Oct 1, 2009 3:27 am

that bad?
RamonSessions
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#97 » by RamonSessions » Thu Oct 1, 2009 3:29 am

Probably.

If we get anything for Joe, the way he's been acting, the way he's played and projects to ever be...

we're making a steal, I certainly can't think of who we'd dupe.
pasting_monkeys
Starter

Post#98 » by pasting_monkeys » Thu Oct 1, 2009 3:29 am

EastSideBucksFan wrote:Mbah Moute's shot looks great he's definitely improved on that aspect. He defense was phenomenal as well, he was consistently breaking up plays and being praised by the coach.

Kurt Thomas was another guy getting constant praise from the coach. I can see why Skiles wants him and won't be trading him. He's a coach on the floor. He's constantly showing guys where to go, very reminiscent of Kukoc. KT is a tough guy, a good rebounder and pretty automatic with a 15 foot jumpshot. He'll be a great presence for our frontcourt.

Thanks for that report ESBF - I found the above para's very informative.

KT is going to be great for this team, especially Bogut. What better way for Andrew to improve his decisiveness in the post than going up against one of the leagues best post defenders.

Luc's jumpshot was one thing I've been wanting to hear more on. All the reports were saying that he was working on it through the offseason, but I didn't see him shoot from midrange all that much during summer league so i wasn't sure if it had actually improved. So that's great to hear, and the better Luc gets on the offensive end then greater the chance of him seeing the majority of the minutes at the 3.
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#99 » by EastSideBucksFan » Thu Oct 1, 2009 3:33 am

Oh yeah, one thing I noticed that I forgot to talk about was the 5 on 5 scrimmages at the end.

Everyone was broken up into two squads, but I was paying attention to the pg battles especially.

Ridnour and Jennings were matched up at first and both were looking pretty good. Jennings got his shot going at the end and nailed a couple threes. Ridnour was knocking down his stop and pop 15 footers, something Jennings hasn't shown he can do yet. Jennings was getting past Ridnour and vice versa. Not much defense was being played between the two. But it was pretty much total fast breaks both ways.

There was still defense being played, just not by the pg's. Mbah Moute came up with multiple steals and deflections. He generally wound up coming up with loose balls as well. Just all over the place.

Ilyasova looked great on pick and pops. Guy was just stroking it. Teammates were getting excited for him too. 'ERRRRSSSSE". I really don't remember him missing too many shots today. I would say he had to shoot at least 70% today and that included probably 6 threes.

I don't know if Joe can get anything right now. He's going to have to be a throw in to a rebuilding team like the Kings or the Thunder. Not sure they would even want him. Maybe we can trick Steve Kerr into giving us something like Alando Tucker.
pasting_monkeys
Starter

Post#100 » by pasting_monkeys » Thu Oct 1, 2009 3:41 am

If Joe isn't traded by the end of the season and he's still showing nothing, I wonder if JH would be bold enough to not pick up his team option. I could see it happening.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks