Bucks Vs Timberwolves (10/17/09) Game Thread

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,418

Re: Bucks Vs Timberwolves (10/17/09) Game Thread 

Post#61 » by trwi7 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:05 am

Announced attendance 10,167.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
icat2000
RealGM
And1: 42

Post#62 » by icat2000 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:27 am

Nice to come home and check the box score and get a win. Thank you.
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#63 » by Newz » Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:27 am

Just got back from the game. Redd and Bogut both looked very good. Jennings played under control and aside from a couple of poor shots, I was very impressed with him... While Flynn's line may look better, I think Jennings outplayed him simply because he did a much, much better job running his team. Hakim Warrick is playing very good ball and Mbah a Moute is playing excellent D once again.

Flynn showed he had some talent, but he certainly plays like a rookie... Ramon Sessions looked horrible tonight.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,264

Post#64 » by paulpressey25 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:48 am

I just got back from the game. I'll have to pull Chauncey from the box for awhile in honor of Hammond. This team ate Ramon's lunch tonight. Didn't matter whether it was Jennings, Ridnour or Roko. They played him hard and physical. And Ramon got nothing accomplished.

This was a good win. A total team beatdown. The defense was excellent. Good ball sharing. Jennings fit right into the starting lineup.

Bogut still is challenged on offense, but on defense he was great. The replacement refs that worked the game tonight seemed to let the Bucks play Deeetroit basketball for much of the game. If the refs let us play like this, this will be a 40-42 win team.

You could see Skiles trying to sort out the rotations. I'm not sure that Ersan will get much PT in the early going of the season. Skiles seems to be comfortable with the Bogut, LRMAM, Warrick, KT lineup of bigs. I'd also say that Gadz played "effectively" tonight, which is all you can ask.

I'd say about 4,500 or so in attendance. Happy crowd. Ramon came up to shake hands and talk with Kohl before the game. Larry Harris and Brian James in the house as well.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM
And1: 42

Post#65 » by carmelbrownqueen » Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:52 am

Yep very good game. I agree with LukeP's take on things.. I thought we looked good offensively and defensively for the most part. I like the hustle of our players and I think if we can stay healthy and get contributions from a few different players every night then we will be a very decent team.
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan

"We don't accept anything but winning. We don't accept anything but playing hard." - John Hammond
trwi7
RealGM

Post#66 » by trwi7 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:00 am

carmelbrownqueen wrote:if we can stay healthy and get contributions from a few different players every night then we will be a very decent team.

http://www.lardlad.com/assets/quotes/se ... BF05.shtml

Click on the fourth mp3.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

MilBucksBackOnTop06
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#67 » by MilBucksBackOnTop06 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:16 am

Overall good game...

As I speak or type this ARod takes a 0-2 pitch and hits it in the stands to tie the game up at 3-3 in the 11th...proves great hitters beat great pitching!
Pitching can get you to the door, but it is the big time hitters who can slam that door or open it! I take an everyday player over pitcher in most trades.
Same with a great point guard....at #10 in the draft...
trwi7
RealGM

Post#68 » by trwi7 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:18 am

MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:As I speak or type this ARod takes a 0-2 pitch and hits it in the stands to tie the game up at 3-3 in the 11th...proves great hitters beat great pitching!

Great hitters beat mediocre pitchers, which Fuentes is.

GAD is going to hate reading this. :D

REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#69 » by REDDzone » Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:31 am

paulpressey25 wrote:I'd say about 4,500 or so in attendance. Happy crowd. Ramon came up to shake hands and talk with Kohl before the game. Larry Harris and Brian James in the house as well.

Really? Awesome.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
MilBucksBackOnTop06
Banned User

Post#70 » by MilBucksBackOnTop06 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:31 am

trwi7 wrote:Announced attendance 10,167.
Trust me...I just came back from the game and it could not have been more then 3,700 fans in the stands. They were mostly young and energetic fans as well...Nice to see a newer and younger generation of Bucks fans coming up.

The Bucks do a good job keeping them entertained during timeouts. It is becoming an event to go to.
Good game from almost everyone. Bogut did well on defense against a smaller team but should have been more of a force on offense.
Just doesn't have it in him to be dominating...he just doesn't. He is a great complimentary player to a stud star up front which we do not have. If we get one it is all over...this team can be good in a hurry.

But where do you find an Al Jefferson type guy? If we had Jefferson or a Horford we would be a playoff team for sure. But Jennings started off the game splendidly.
He played under control and ran the team as well as I seen anyone run it since a healthy Cassell or Terrell Brandon when he wanted to play. In fact Jennings reminds me a lot of a left handed Terrell Brandon as well as a few others. But even Terrell might have been bigger then Jennings?
Meeks did not get a lot of burn and Ridnour looks exceptional too as a reserve. Just a heady, crafty, scrappy and hard-nosed PG. Ridnour is growing on me big time. Very nice player that can have a lot of value around the league and help some team out down the line.
The only player on the entire team I am not impressed with is Delfino. Everyone else played well. Hak is a good player. I did not see him much in Memphis but he is a better player then I thought.
He has some serious game...Moves well off the ball, can catch and finish, has some spring and he passes well if you cut and get open. Not many holes in his game...especially in a contract year.
trwi7
RealGM

Post#71 » by trwi7 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:33 am

MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:Trust me...I just came back from the game and it could not have been more then 3,700 fans in the stands.

Well that just seems like an odd number to go to.

I was at the Admirals game yesterday and there were no more than 4,927 fans there.

MilBucksBackOnTop06
Banned User

Post#72 » by MilBucksBackOnTop06 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:42 am

Wise1 wrote:
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:One major thing that concerns me with Jennings is that he will be banged around on screens and picks. That will take it's toll real quick as he seems smaller and lighter then I had thought. His body is not yet physically mature to handle that if he does not use his quickness to go under and on top of picks quickly. His teamates will have to communicate to him quickly and he will have to recognize them picks and screens before they materialize.
Redd looks great defensively and is in great defensive position using his arms and his feet well! He is also sticking to his game in spotting up and on the catch and shoot only..,

This is the impact that I envisioned a real point guard like Jennings having on Redd. Redd has allstar potential when he doesn't have to dominate the ball and dribble through doubles and triples all night. Catch, shoot, fake and drive. Nice and efficient.

Absolutely wise1....absolutely. He looked every bit of an all star tonite. That is what he should have been doing all along. That was a masterful game by him helped out by Jennings. Now if Brandon can work with Bogut and get the ball where he likes it and also to Hakim he can help Redd and Bogut in
All Star spots and get Hakim some serious loot.
Jennings is a 'difference maker' simply because of his speed and quickness and getting others the ball where they need it quickly and facilitating ball movement which will make this team very very very to guard if they develop any chemistry what so ever.
These are things that Sessions could not and cannot do well at all. But Mike Redd looked good tonite...He is making an effort. I remember Redd being known for his defense back at Ohio State but left all that when someone told him that scoring points would get him noticed and get paid...
Well he has rounded his game out a bit...and that is great to see if for one night. Brandon can make the same impact on Redd's game like TJ Ford did. Just focus on what you do better then any other SG in the NBA ...catch and shoot!
Come off pin downs, curls, screen and rolls and space the floor by spotting up in the corner and every now and then put it on the ground for 3 bounce pull up jumpers from mid range and then show the occasional drive and get and 1's drawing fouls...
Do this so Meeks can see how it is done like Ray Allen showed him. Jodie Meeks couldn't have ask for a better teacher and example then Redd for his game...coming to this team.
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#73 » by Newz » Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:54 am

MouteKicksBoute wrote:Delfeezy had an off night though, unfortunately, and one thing we noticed was, Ersan really hasn't bulked. I don't know who said that, but the guy looks exactly the same he did when he was here for his first run. He's the one that worries me, because he wasn't really in rhythm.

Ersan is not a physical player... I don't see his rebounding troubles improving.

Good guy to bring in off of the bench to provide some shooting/scoring at the PF position when the match-up is right though.
MilBucksBackOnTop06
Banned User

Post#74 » by MilBucksBackOnTop06 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:54 am

trwi7 wrote:
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:As I speak or type this ARod takes a 0-2 pitch and hits it in the stands to tie the game up at 3-3 in the 11th...proves great hitters beat great pitching!

48 saves IS NOT :noway: "mediocre" my friend!
trwi7
RealGM

Post#75 » by trwi7 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:57 am

MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:
trwi7 wrote:

48 saves IS NOT :noway: "mediocre" my friend!

His 7 blown saves, mediocre strikeout and walk rates are though.

Wise1
RealGM
And1: 256

Post#76 » by Wise1 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:31 am

The Bucks, imo, are a better team than Detroit, Chicago, and Indiana in the central. Admittedly, Indiana may surprise if TJ Ford goes back to his roots and Dunleavy can get healthy and round back into form.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,173
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#77 » by Kerb Hohl » Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:07 am

Wise1 wrote:The Bucks, imo, are a better team than Detroit, Chicago, and Indiana in the central. Admittedly, Indiana may surprise if TJ Ford goes back to his roots and Dunleavy can get healthy and round back into form.

Even though I thought Detroit spent way too much on CV and Gordon, they are going to be improved, and with their normal core + those 2, I think they win 40-45.

The Bulls have Rose. 38-45 wins. 50 if he blows up.

Bucks/Pacers will be battling it out in the low to mid 30s.
steger_3434
RealGM
And1: 5,481

Post#78 » by steger_3434 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:27 am

trwi7 wrote:

I met up with Gad tonight. I don't think he's going to be in any kind of condition to read this.
yiyiyi wrote:give rockets Redd ,houston give you T-MAC in return .please help rockets!
i dont want see that woman anymore !
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,959

Post#79 » by stellation » Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:00 am

So has Andy decided to start blocking shots again? That'd be pretty sweet.
#FreeChuckDiesel
John Doe1
Junior
And1: 1

Post#80 » by John Doe1 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:43 am

Wow. 3 of 10 highlights of the Top Ten came from 'Sota @ Milwaukee (Brewer's shot, Jennings pass to Bogut, Warrick's dunk) Should be a fun game to watch.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks