ImageImage

I'm a little miffed at the ticket deals as a package buyer

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Shaq Fu
Junior
And1: 0

Re: I'm a little miffed at the ticket deals as a package buyer 

Post#21 » by Shaq Fu » Wed Nov 4, 2009 6:20 pm

I would just call respectfully as GAD commented.

This same example just happened with the company that I work for. We sell a software package that lists at $7995. One of my reps sold the license at that cost and the next month out a promo came out from the software manufacturer that you could buy the software for half that. The customer called respectfully to ask us what we could do. Of course like someone else said we can't refund, but he will get a discount on anything else that he purchases from us until it covers the money that he feels he lost. It's just the way things go in business. Gotta Sell.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,076

Post#22 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Wed Nov 4, 2009 6:28 pm

Yeah, I would definitely call about the Cuban speech. If they have room, it wouldn't cost them anything and would be a nice treat for a current customer.
GrandAdmiralDan
RealGM
And1: 1,291

Post#23 » by GrandAdmiralDan » Wed Nov 4, 2009 6:53 pm

midranger wrote:On the bright side, you'll be first to buy Finals tickets.

I know you're kind of joking, but one of the perks of getting a package like ESBF got as opposed to just getting individual tickets is that he gets the opportunity to buy playoff tickets before the general public does, so he'd get to pick from his seats or whatever non ticket holder tickets were available that he wanted.

The only downside there is that they make you put down a deposit for the amount of every single possible home playoff game which is something I don't think makes sense under the current circumstances. You get the deposit back in whatever amount didn't get used on playoff tickets about two weeks after the Bucks last game, I believe, but it is still pretty cumbersome, especially if your season tickets were heavily discounted, because the playoff deposit ends up being pretty close to the cost of your entire package.
97-98
Nick Van Exel (LAL) on defending the Stockton-Malone pick-and-roll: "Yeah,
I got a way to defend it. Bring a bat to the game and kill one of them."
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,208

Post#24 » by paulpressey25 » Wed Nov 4, 2009 7:08 pm

I know everyone wants to save a dollar, but I guess I'd just put it in the perspective of how good a value all seats are right now.

I remember that I bought some single game seats in 2004 for the Lakers game and they were good seats but upper deck and I may have paid $51-60 apiece for them. And they were hard to get because of demand still emanating from the 2001 team and 2004 playoff team. All for the privilege of watching Keith Van Horn dribble the ball off his foot.

Now you can get great seats all over the BC for ridiculous prices to watch Jennings this year. No lines. Good food packages. Good parking even for free on nearby streets. I'd just say the value proposition for this year is pretty high. If you search hard enough, you'll always find some person who got a "better deal" That's life. In reality though, all tickets right now are good deals.

This won't last. Either the teams fortunes will pick up, or they the team will pick up and move. So as Steve Czaban says, just savor the au jus while you can.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
htr
Bench Warmer
And1: 61

Post#25 » by htr » Wed Nov 4, 2009 7:13 pm

This is no different than if you bought a Wii months ago, see it's now costing under $200, and want to go back to Best Buy for a hundred dollars worth of a gift card.

Businesses want to make money too. I guess people can always lowball and try and get everything possible at the absolute cheapest, but somebody is paying for it. If you are in sales selling insurance, you want to make money. If he is in sales selling Bucks tickets, he wants to make money too. Look at it from the other perspective.

Most anytime we buy something, we buy it because it is a good deal for us at the time. We agree to the price and think it makes sense and is a worthwhile investment. Just because Joe Schmo can get it cheaper down the road doesn't entitle us to be able to go in and demand "something extra".

At least, as someone in sales in the midwest, I wish people would see things this way because I think it is the honorable and right mindset we should have.
GrandAdmiralDan
RealGM
And1: 1,291

Post#26 » by GrandAdmiralDan » Wed Nov 4, 2009 7:45 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:I know everyone wants to save a dollar, but I guess I'd just put it in the perspective of how good a value all seats are right now.

I remember that I bought some single game seats in 2004 for the Lakers game and they were good seats but upper deck and I may have paid $51-60 apiece for them. And they were hard to get because of demand still emanating from the 2001 team and 2004 playoff team. All for the privilege of watching Keith Van Horn dribble the ball off his foot.

Yeah, I remember those prices too well. I either would buy $10 tickets or I'd take advantage of the 6 to 10 times a season when people would give me nicer tickets. I'm still not used to the home opener not selling out. It had been selling out for years prior to the 08-09 season. I didn't have season tickets in 06-07 or 07-08 (ended up with a pseudo partial package eventually) and I can't remember which year it was, but wichmae and I waited too long to attempt to get our tickets for the home opener and had to instead pay $45 each on Stub Hub for $29 face value tickets that were in row W or something.
97-98

Nick Van Exel (LAL) on defending the Stockton-Malone pick-and-roll: "Yeah,

I got a way to defend it. Bring a bat to the game and kill one of them."
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,208

Post#27 » by paulpressey25 » Wed Nov 4, 2009 7:49 pm

Good point on the home opener. I remember walking to the game last Saturday telling my buddy who is a more casual fan that we'd be going to our first non-sellout opener but ironically the one where we'd actually have the best rookie to buy into the hype for. (Jennings)
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,073

Post#28 » by Thunder Muscle » Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:12 pm

Just curious if any season ticket holders (half season in particular) have tried to use their ticket bank and/or exchange for like the Cleveland game in December (or any so called "marquee" game). Just wondering if you had any success. I really haven't had any at all. I understand that game is an exception b/c its likely to sellout, but I was hoping they would be willing to work with me a little bit. Its not like the tickets are free, I did pay for the ones I was willing to exchange. I was a little disappointed I guess, especially too since like most upper deck seats have been like $10 (I think, I could be wrong), but I have to pay the single game rate of $29. I was just looking to snag the 2 tickets next to my season tickets. I know the rep I had in the summer said they are willing to work with people, but I guess not for those games. Oh well. Just wondering if anybody else had luck, maybe I need to try a different method, ha. :)
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#29 » by Thunder Muscle » Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:16 pm

...or maybe I'm just whining b/c I wanted the tickets cheap. :)
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#30 » by EastSideBucksFan » Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:30 pm

Not sure about the ticket bank, but I don't have any complaints as of right now or regrets on buying the ticket package. First, it allows me to tell all my friends I knew Jennings would be a superstar and thats why I bought a package. Second, I got comped tix for the Warriors game and that turned out to be one of the best games in my life.

So, being a package holder definitely has some perks and I'm happy I got the package before the season. We might not see these crazy deals in future years, got to take advantage now.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#31 » by Thunder Muscle » Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:40 pm

EastSideBucksFan wrote:Not sure about the ticket bank, but I don't have any complaints as of right now or regrets on buying the ticket package. First, it allows me to tell all my friends I knew Jennings would be a superstar and thats why I bought a package. Second, I got comped tix for the Warriors game and that turned out to be one of the best games in my life.

So, being a package holder definitely has some perks and I'm happy I got the package before the season. We might not see these crazy deals in future years, got to take advantage now.

Oh definitely, I have no regrets. I got so many perks that I really shouldn't complain and if the team wins alot of the stuff will probably go away. So long as they keep the ticket bank, I could see myself staying a season ticket holder a long time. If the ticket bank goes away, essentially if I can't bank my unused tickets, I probably can't justify it due to where I live. But I snagged tickets for a low price, seats are nice aisle in a good spot in the upper level, playoff priority, Jennings autograph ball (which may be worth something). I have no regrets. I just wish I could grandfather into what I get now b/c I'm sure if the team wins, package prices will go up.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks