Squad 6 Thread

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,208

Squad 6 Thread 

Post#1 » by paulpressey25 » Sun Nov 1, 2009 5:59 pm

I wanted to get a separate thread going for you guys without the clutter of the other thread.

As I had commented in the post-game, you guys did a great job last night. There were a couple distinct points where you got the crowd and I think the team going. Now granted you also had the benefit of maybe the most exciting Bucks third quarter in the last five-years, but it was good stuff.

My questions for you guys are:

a) Will they let you bring pots, pans, drums or air-horns? When you watch those Euro-league games, there seems to be a squad of guys with those type of noise makers that provide a constant but IMO enjoyable presence of sound.

b) Are the guys who dressed up as Harry and Lloyd last night part of squad six? Or were those guys part of hoop troop that got planted in the crowd. Those guys were extremely entertaining and I'd like to see them back.

c) What can you guys do to get the Bucks Wild drum line to bring it more? No offense to those guys, but I compare drummers in the Marquette Band or even rock drummers who can get the beat going better. Those guys have enough drums, but for some reason the beats they launch out seem too tame. Going back to point a, you guys could use some drums up there.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Re: Squad 6 Thread 

Post#2 » by jerrod » Sun Nov 1, 2009 6:07 pm

what's the estimate on how many people were there for that? i was just about straight across from that section and it didn't seem like there were 100 people though.

nice job though, there was 1 point where you had kind of a soccer drone thing going on that was really cool.
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,955

Post#3 » by Jez2983 » Sun Nov 1, 2009 6:20 pm

Yep, it was gold. You guys looked to be having a great time up there - I would've loved to be joining in! I'm so annoyed I missed the Aussie! Aussie! Aussie! Oy! Oy! Oy! chant!
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,208

Post#4 » by paulpressey25 » Sun Nov 1, 2009 6:21 pm

I was impressed how they gave you guys good seats. I think that section works well because people can hear and see you and you aren't tucked away in the upper deck or up high in the far end zones.

If for some reason the regulars sitting around there think you are too loud and they really complain (and they shouldn't but they might), then they should move you to the front rows under the hoop like where the MU band sits.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
steger_3434
RealGM
And1: 5,462

Post#5 » by steger_3434 » Sun Nov 1, 2009 6:22 pm

It definitely had a socceresque sound to it from watching it at home. Great job guys. Get more the stadium to join in and we'll have a little Liverpool type home field advantage.
yiyiyi wrote:give rockets Redd ,houston give you T-MAC in return .please help rockets!
i dont want see that woman anymore !
WEFFPIM
RealGM
And1: 473

Post#6 » by WEFFPIM » Sun Nov 1, 2009 6:44 pm

What section are you guys in?
ReddWing wrote:Being a fan of this team is tantamount to being in hell...There is no Christ that is coming to save us. Even if there was, we'd trade him for a 28 year old wing.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,076

Post#7 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Sun Nov 1, 2009 6:55 pm

212 and the guy in charge said bring whatever you want (drums, cow bells, etc) until the league complains. It would be sweet to hear "technical foul: Milwaukee Bucks Squad 6"

Definitely, a lot of seats, but I don't know if its cause of empty squad 6, or random people since are tix were a little spread out. I was in the upper corner.

I really hope they consider having that zack guys meet up an hour before the game and have him have a special section for single game tickets for rowdy fans. I know a lot of people that would go and have fun, but aren't diehards right now. I bet we could use this to "recruit" new fans. Honestly, the guys I brought with weren't huge bucks fans, but they were excited and buying jerseys after having so much fun in the section.

Best game I've been to since the playoffs!
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM

Post#8 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Sun Nov 1, 2009 7:00 pm

lol I was thinking that too, but TJ had some great moments his rookie year. That one game when they went on like a 12-0 run to end the half against the magic.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM

Post#9 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Sun Nov 1, 2009 7:03 pm

blkout
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,914

Post#10 » by blkout » Sun Nov 1, 2009 7:05 pm

You guys should make up some songs. I went to an EPL game when I was living in England and when the fans start singing the atmosphere is fantastic.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,337

Post#11 » by crkone » Sun Nov 1, 2009 7:21 pm

On FTs, everyone needs to be silent until the last moment to scare the **** out of the shooter. Have someone in the lower seats direct when everyone starts screaming. The goal of squad 6 should be the lowest opp FT % in the league at home for the bucks.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
GrandAdmiralDan
RealGM
And1: 1,291

Post#12 » by GrandAdmiralDan » Sun Nov 1, 2009 7:22 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:I was impressed how they gave you guys good seats. I think that section works well because people can hear and see you and you aren't tucked away in the upper deck or up high in the far end zones.

If for some reason the regulars sitting around there think you are too loud and they really complain (and they shouldn't but they might), then they should move you to the front rows under the hoop like where the MU band sits.

There was really only one couple in their 50s that REALLY complained. There were some others that were slightly annoyed with us throughout the game (lame!). But the guy in that couple was absolutely pissed and kept complaining to the ushers.

Then the ushers started telling all of us we had to sit down, which was nonsense. I'm not sure that the ushers were in the loop on this Squad 6 thing, which was a bit of an oversight, but this is quite an undertaking so it's going to take a few games to work out some of the kinks. I thought it went REALLY well though.
Anyway, that guy kept complaining so I pointed to some of the many empty seats in the lower bowl that were better than his seats and told the ushers to just upgrade the guy so that he'd be happy instead of ticked off. That didn't happen right away (apparently the ushers don't just do whatever I suggest :lol: ) but they did upgrade them soon after that, so perhaps they either cleared that suggestion with a higher up, or perhaps Zak talked to them and got them to take care of it. Not sure.

For future games, this shouldn't be as much of a problem, as our 100 seats will be less spread out. There wasn't as much advance notice for this game once the Squad 6 idea came about, plus it was the home opener, so it was a little tougher.

I do think the location they put us in was good. Putting us behind a basket wouldn't be a good idea because we'd be just as far away basically from one half of the court and quite a bit further away from the other side of the court. And then we are isolated a bit from the rest of the crowd. Part of the idea with Squad 6 is to try and inject some energy into the rest of that lower bowl crowd. We need to really be in the regular part of the lower bowl, like we were last night, in order to do that,
97-98
Nick Van Exel (LAL) on defending the Stockton-Malone pick-and-roll: "Yeah,
I got a way to defend it. Bring a bat to the game and kill one of them."
icat2000
RealGM
And1: 42

Post#13 » by icat2000 » Sun Nov 1, 2009 7:25 pm

Bucks should just get rid of the cheerleaders and give whatever money they spend on them to developing Squad 6 - i.e get them some full on Bucks outfits. Drums, trumpets. Whatever the Squad needs to make an impact.
WEFFPIM
RealGM
And1: 473

Post#14 » by WEFFPIM » Sun Nov 1, 2009 7:27 pm

crkone wrote:On FTs, everyone needs to be silent until the last moment to scare the **** out of the shooter. Have someone in the lower seats direct when everyone starts screaming. The goal of squad 6 should be the lowest opp FT % in the league at home for the bucks.

Yep. You don't just start yelling, you remain extremely quiet until just before he releases then you scream.

This is why just waving things behind the basket during a free throw doesn't really have an effect. It has to be a drastic shift in motion, like everyone put there hands to one side and them quickly move them to the other as he releases.
ReddWing wrote:Being a fan of this team is tantamount to being in hell...There is no Christ that is coming to save us. Even if there was, we'd trade him for a 28 year old wing.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,402

Post#15 » by trwi7 » Sun Nov 1, 2009 7:36 pm

WEFFPIM wrote:This is why just waving things behind the basket during a free throw doesn't really have an effect. It has to be a drastic shift in motion, like everyone put there hands to one side and them quickly move them to the other as he releases.

This is what the Notre Dame student section does. They're too smart for everyone else.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
GrandAdmiralDan
RealGM

Post#16 » by GrandAdmiralDan » Sun Nov 1, 2009 7:38 pm

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:I really hope they consider having that zack guys meet up an hour before the game and have him have a special section for single game tickets for rowdy fans. I know a lot of people that would go and have fun, but aren't diehards right now. I bet we could use this to "recruit" new fans. Honestly, the guys I brought with weren't huge bucks fans, but they were excited and buying jerseys after having so much fun in the section.

That's always an idea.

But for now, one thing we are going to do is pull some more RealGMers into the mix. I spoke to Zak about it last night during halftime, and he knows I am obviously familiar with the RealGMers who frequent our board and our diehards. So I'll be helping them out and being a bit of a go-between.

Any RealGMer who is still interested in participating in any of this just say so in here AND email me directly and remind me of your RealGM user name (if I don't already know). There won't be any audition prior to getting accepted into Squad 6 this way, instead I'll just be vouching for you relative to what I know of you on the board and/or in person. There's going to be a limit of course to how many people I can get in, but right now there are definitely some openings. The games themselves then will be constant "auditions"

If you're not living up to Squad 6 standards, you will be replaced. Sorry ;)
And I won't be sticking up for you if you let me down in that regard, especially if I'm vouching for you as a good candidate for Squad 6 in the first place!

Send me at email at bucks.squad6@gmail.com if you would be interested in this!
97-98

GrandAdmiralDan
RealGM

Post#17 » by GrandAdmiralDan » Sun Nov 1, 2009 8:05 pm

If one of the things that has kept you from joining up has been not knowing whether or not you could make it to every game, etc. still send me an email if you have any interest while also explaining that issue.

I might... MIGHT (can't stress the might enough) be able to get you in on this in a more limited fashion. My idea in that respect would be somewhat akin to the Army Reserves relative to the Army.
This specific idea has not been sanctioned yet by the Bucks, so I will need to see about that and then clear each potential reserve on a case by case basis. For now, I just figured I could gather anyone interested in the possible Reserve status and then I can take that info to the Bucks (via Zak). Just like the regulars, you will have to continually EARN your spot though.

Part of the idea of Squad 6 though is making a commitment to EVERY game, so they might not approve this particular idea, but there might be SOME flexibility. The more you make yourself WORTH having in Squad 6, the more flexibility there will be, I imagine.

Other fans are great too, but RealGM fans are the best! ;)
So I'd like to bring in as many RealGM fans as possible!
97-98

FireStreetlifeNow
Pro Prospect
And1: 131
Location: At a brewpub somewhere in SE Wisconsin or SW Michigan

Post#18 » by FireStreetlifeNow » Sun Nov 1, 2009 8:18 pm

That was definitely a great time last night, looking forward to the next home game more than I normally would because of squad 6. It was nice to see Bogut pump his fist to our section on the way out after the game.

Grand Admiral Dan - nice moonwalk the other night at Bootleggers, you should have won!
Franc
Analyst
And1: 95

Post#19 » by Franc » Sun Nov 1, 2009 8:45 pm

It wasn't Bogut's Game, but he admits it and it takes a man to do it .Bogut himself must feel bad.
Entry in his Twitter.

Squad 6 was awesome last night. We are 1-1, huge win last night. I been playing terrible but will keep working at it. It will come.

Congrats Bucks and specially Jennings .
When you put on that jersey, the name on the front is more important then the name on the back.
ReddWing
Banned User
And1: 808

Post#20 » by ReddWing » Mon Nov 2, 2009 12:10 am

It would be great if Squad 6 could bring in some unique insturments to the games. Such as the didgeridoo, the national instrument of Australia, to pay homage to the man paying for the tickets. Yeah, you may ask where the hell you can get one, but there are retailers selling them in the U.S. for a decent price ($30 with shipping).

http://www.didgeridoostore.com/didgeridoo_modern1.htm

I am actually going to be bringing a vuvuzela to the games. For those who don't know or didn't watch the Confederations Cup this summer (U.S. National Soccer Team)---its the national insturment of South African sports. Those who do know about soccer--know how damn annoying and cheap they are! FIFA is attempting to ban them for next years World Cup.

http://www.worldsoccershop.com/6763-gr.html

Example of the instrument,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrYb9qtO8OQ

Return to Milwaukee Bucks