Squad 6 Thread

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

LarryHarris
Assistant Coach
And1: 133

Re: Squad 6 Thread 

Post#1281 » by LarryHarris » Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:23 pm

Newz wrote:
LarryHarris wrote:Word has it that Josh Vernier and Doug Russell of 1250 WSSP will be joining us this week, any word on what game? I hope they both come one different nights, though maybe they are doing the 'strength in numbers thing.' Either way, I would really appreciate it if they showed up...

I can already see them talking about it... At the opening of the show...

"So we sat in Squad 6 last night and we saw Greg Jennings at the game throwing footballs into the crowd. Speaking of the Packers..." Then four hours of talking about the Packers without mentioning the Bucks again. :D

:lol:
"It is time." -Kevin Greene to Clay Matthews at Super Bowl XLV

"I ain't got time for jokers to be bangin' on the drum." -Gary Ellerson
FireStreetlifeNow
Pro Prospect
And1: 131
Location: At a brewpub somewhere in SE Wisconsin or SW Michigan

Post#1282 » by FireStreetlifeNow » Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:27 pm

Newz wrote:
LarryHarris wrote:Word has it that Josh Vernier and Doug Russell of 1250 WSSP will be joining us this week, any word on what game? I hope they both come one different nights, though maybe they are doing the 'strength in numbers thing.' Either way, I would really appreciate it if they showed up...

I can already see them talking about it... At the opening of the show...

"So we sat in Squad 6 last night and we saw Greg Jennings at the game throwing footballs into the crowd. Speaking of the Packers..." Then four hours of talking about the Packers without mentioning the Bucks again. :D

:lol: , probably true. Plus, Russell will need to talk about the backup catching situation for the Brewers for 30 minutes and they'll probably have some other OT discussion like "Do you pay to have your gifts wrapped."
blkout
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,914

Post#1283 » by blkout » Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:49 pm

"Maaaaannn my wife is makin me wrap gifts"
"OHHH HE'S WRAPPIN THE GIFTSS!!!"
"She's workin you dawg"
Andrewoc83
Junior
And1: 4

Post#1284 » by Andrewoc83 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:24 pm

Per my earlier post, I finally found the New York Times' coverage of Squad 6. See below:

http://offthedribble.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/12/13/bucks-fans-respond-to-boguts-incentive/

Good job y'all. I am in DC, but I watch in admiration as Bucks fans become the talk of the nation.
Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.

Mark Twain
LarryHarris
Assistant Coach

Post#1285 » by LarryHarris » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:52 pm

Andrewoc83 wrote:Per my earlier post, I finally found the New York Times' coverage of Squad 6. See below:

http://offthedribble.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/12/13/bucks-fans-respond-to-boguts-incentive/

Good job y'all. I am in DC, but I watch in admiration as Bucks fans become the talk of the nation.

Thanks for the link! Very awesome... I think it is inaccurate in saying no one has been kicked out... I may have read that people actually were removed for attendance reasons in an e-mail from a Bucks employee. Also, this article seems to reference the one that Chris Tomasson did for Fanhouse...

chuckleslove
RealGM
And1: 1,128

Post#1286 » by chuckleslove » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:05 pm

Ok Doug is a maybe for coming but Josh and Mike Wickett will be at the game. The game they are coming to join us is on Saturday. Just talked to Zak when he got home.
I'm dealing with cancer, it sucks, can follow along for updates if that's your thing: Chuck's cancer Go Fund Me page
steger_3434
RealGM
And1: 5,481

Post#1287 » by steger_3434 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:30 pm

I"m glad they're coming to the Kings game and not the Laker game. For one, it would look extremely selfish on their part if they picked the the best team in the league to come see. I wouldn't view it as them wanting to see what Squad 6 is all about. I'd view it as them wanting to see the Lakers.

Secondly, I think the squad will have a more powerful effect against the Kings than we will against the Lakers. That team is professional through and through and it will be hard to break them.
yiyiyi wrote:give rockets Redd ,houston give you T-MAC in return .please help rockets!
i dont want see that woman anymore !
LarryHarris
Assistant Coach

Post#1288 » by LarryHarris » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:31 pm

chuckleslove wrote:Ok Doug is a maybe for coming but Josh and Mike Wickett will be at the game. The game they are coming to join us is on Saturday. Just talked to Zak when he got home.

I really like Mike Wickett and I'll be excited to meet him. Also, to my knowledge, he hasn't said anything to disparage us.

I wrote an e-mail to Josh after he said bad things about us. He didn't reply, but the next day we found out he had pledged to come to a game, so I took that as his reply. If he wanted to share similar feelings to those he initially shared after he actually does sit with us, I could at least respect that he gave ita chance.

I wonder if these guys will do the chants and what not...

GrandAdmiralDan
RealGM
And1: 1,293

Post#1289 » by GrandAdmiralDan » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:46 pm

chuckleslove wrote:Yeah I saw it, I'm following him on twitter so it popped up on my phone when he tweeted that. Personally I thought it was pretty awesome that he found my video pretty quickly and now I really can't wait to get some more of our other chants and get them posted so he can see them up close too.

I sent it to him the link late Saturday night :)

LarryHarris wrote:I wonder if these guys will do the chants and what not...

When I issued my challenge (through Sparky) to Ellerson and Vernier, I said that part of the deal was they had to FULLY participate in everything we were doing.
Knowing that, Josh still accepted the challenge, which is why I said at the time that I give him credit for accepting the challenge.
97-98
Nick Van Exel (LAL) on defending the Stockton-Malone pick-and-roll: "Yeah,
I got a way to defend it. Bring a bat to the game and kill one of them."
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,316

Post#1290 » by paulpressey25 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:56 pm

steger_3434 wrote:Secondly, I think the squad will have a more powerful effect against the Kings than we will against the Lakers. That team is professional through and through and it will be hard to break them.

Your only problem with the Lakers will be the 3,000 brain-dead women there from ages 15-35 who will be wearing Kobe jerseys......
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,146

Post#1291 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:14 pm

Are they better or worse then the 3,000 braindead men ages 15-35 that will be wearing them?

Also, you forgot the 100 or so fans that will still where a Wade or LeBron jersey despite neither team playing. Biggest pet peeve in sports.
chuckleslove
RealGM

Post#1292 » by chuckleslove » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:15 pm

You mean like the guy in the crowd on Saturday wearing a Vikings Favre jersey? I have no words to explain how I felt about that one.
I'm dealing with cancer, it sucks, can follow along for updates if that's your thing: Chuck's cancer Go Fund Me page
Desmond24
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#1293 » by Desmond24 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:19 pm

I know this is a little off Squad6 topic discussing wearing jerseys such as Wade or LeBron to the Lakers game. It's just as bad when people wear Brewers or Packers gear or just football in general to a basketball game. Do these fans not put any thought into what they wear? I just don't understand it at all. I actually have more respect for those Kobe fans who come to the BC wearing their Kobe jerseys than if a LeBron fan shows up watching the Lakers in his Cavaliers jersey. Not sure why, just irks me.
Officially on Brandon Jennings ROY bandwagon
ReddWing
Banned User
And1: 808

Post#1294 » by ReddWing » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:23 am

can you guys incorporate this into the Bucks game? It is the awesome Go Pack Go chant/guitar riff they play at Lambeau.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ob7T1w9_ ... re=related
Milwaukee'sBEST
Sixth Man
And1: 4

Post#1295 » by Milwaukee'sBEST » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:54 am

Desmond24 wrote:I know this is a little off Squad6 topic discussing wearing jerseys such as Wade or LeBron to the Lakers game. It's just as bad when people wear Brewers or Packers gear or just football in general to a basketball game. Do these fans not put any thought into what they wear? I just don't understand it at all. I actually have more respect for those Kobe fans who come to the BC wearing their Kobe jerseys than if a LeBron fan shows up watching the Lakers in his Cavaliers jersey. Not sure why, just irks me.

I saw a guy rock a Scott Kazmir jersey to a Brewers/Rockies game a few years ago...I wanted to throw my beer at him..lucky for him my beer prolly cost more than his jersey :(
Turk Nowitzki wrote:I hope Dallas takes Elliot, he won't get them anywhere.

Keeping this in here to remind Turk how silly he is.
ReddWing
Banned User
And1: 808

Post#1296 » by ReddWing » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:04 am

other thoughts.

-everytime Ron Artest scores Squad 6 should yell out, "Prost!" or "salute!"

-a "where is Khloe!" or "we want Kim" chant.

-when Adam Morrison (or Sasha) has the ball during his five minutes of play (to the tune of "L.A. Woman") -----"L.A. Woman! L.A. Woooooman!!!!"
when Adam Morrison or a player fouls out or the Lakers lose (to the tune of "The End")---"This is the end My only friend, the end"
when Adam Morrison has the ball (to the tune of "Touch Me", "Cmon Cmon Cmon Cmon Now Brick That Shot!"

if Pau Gasol misses a shot----"Ladrillo! (Spanish for "brick")

if Sasha has ball--"Saaaasha Fierce!"

If Kobe has ball, something to the refrain of this popular Nirvana song? :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psvCUWzecGo

-
LockDownD
Pro Prospect
And1: 11
Location: Save your urolagniac fantasies for a more approriate board

Post#1297 » by LockDownD » Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:15 am

I like going after the superstars, it did work aganst Melo & it could do the same aganst Kobe. If we dont go after the most polarizing & arguably well know player in the NBA is kind of like not doing our job. his middle name is Bean & his Dad named him after his favorite beef, thats both clean & funny. Artest is a good misfit target but is kind of played out. most ppl dont watch TMZ, but I like the Idea for Odom. the choice is obvious, IMO. Hes no Jordan :)
Epi:you shouldn't whine when your criticism gets criticized, particularly when it reflects your sexual excitement from urine or urination, either your own or another's, i.e., urolagnia. I have no idea why you wish to share that condition so publicly.
chuckleslove
RealGM

Post#1298 » by chuckleslove » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:12 am

chuckleslove wrote:Halftime of the game and before I forget about it we need to get a good transition out of the quacking for ridnour when we are doing it and he passes we mostly go silent so let's come up with some transition imo

Wanted to bring this back up while we are discussing chants, isn't anyone else bothered by our lack of flow coming out of our Quacks?
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,146

Post#1299 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:33 am

chuckleslove wrote:
chuckleslove wrote:Halftime of the game and before I forget about it we need to get a good transition out of the quacking for ridnour when we are doing it and he passes we mostly go silent so let's come up with some transition imo

Wanted to bring this back up while we are discussing chants, isn't anyone else bothered by our lack of flow coming out of our Quacks?

Not a big fan of the quack chant in general. Don't see why we do it everytime. Once a quarter would be nice and when he is actually bringing the ball up the court so it lasts longer. IMO
Nowak008
RealGM
And1: 4,303

Post#1300 » by Nowak008 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:45 am

Still think overrated is a good chant. For the Kings maybe a LOTTERY LOTTERY chant.
John Hammond apologists:
emunney wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote: 9 YEARS!? like any of that matters

THAT LITERALLY IS HIS TENURE.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks