Squad 6 Thread

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,402

Re: Squad 6 Thread 

Post#1341 » by trwi7 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:45 pm

Newz wrote:Actually my face is kind of buried in his... Parts. :( :( :(

Why the sad face? That should be an honor.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,076

Post#1342 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:23 pm

LarryHarris wrote:
MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:Image

Bucks used a picture of us for ticket promotion. We need to renegotiate our contract :)

Very nice... For me it would be weird to stand in the front of Squad 6. I am used to being near the middle where the fans all around me are going nuts. I think it would be nerve-wracking to be in the front...

I definitely know how you feel. It's not the best cause people are staring at you and you can't really hide, but if you get there early enough for the corner seats closer to mid-court, its worth the uneasy feeling.

Plus, its prime jumbrotron area :D
Bucksfans1and2
Banned User
And1: 189

Post#1343 » by Bucksfans1and2 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:24 pm

Any chance they play ball room blitz for Artest.
step3profit
Analyst
And1: 819

Post#1344 » by step3profit » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:30 pm

Lakers forward Ron Artest warned the media on Tuesday night not to ask Kobe Bryant about his injured finger.

"If I ask him how his finger is doing, he's going to strangle me," Artest said. "When he's hurt, you're not allowed to ask him how he's doing or you're not allowed to ask him, 'Are you OK?' He gets really mad. Really. You think he's playing. He's really serious."

Bryant scored 42 points against the Bulls on Tuesday night despite fracturing his right index finger on Saturday.

"It was important to come out and for me to have a good game," Bryant said. "I didn't want people thinking that because I have a broken finger, we were weakened or something like that, because that's not the case."

You know you want a "How's your finger" chant. Surely he can't go off for 42 twice... right?

Right?
LarryHarris
Assistant Coach
And1: 133

Post#1345 » by LarryHarris » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:35 am

Tough loss, but I thought Squad 6 was great!
"It is time." -Kevin Greene to Clay Matthews at Super Bowl XLV

"I ain't got time for jokers to be bangin' on the drum." -Gary Ellerson
chuckleslove
RealGM
And1: 1,128

Post#1346 » by chuckleslove » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:38 am

I think that was the loudest we were all year honestly. Its a shame the game ended the way it did because our team busted their ass and I thought we were loud and supporting them from start to finish.
I'm dealing with cancer, it sucks, can follow along for updates if that's your thing: Chuck's cancer Go Fund Me page
Redd Fox
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#1347 » by Redd Fox » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:39 am

wow...

i really don't think i've been this depressed over a loss in any sport. That call was complete horsesh*t and everybody there knew it was a travel/charge. Squad 6 was great however. saturday is going to have to be huge from us especially since we have the cavs on the road next...
Larry Sanders needs to be playing
JustinCredible
Head Coach
And1: 2,965

Post#1348 » by JustinCredible » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:11 am

I can't sleep I am so pissed off right now. Somebody has to do something about how badly the Bucks get screwed over. We should start a website. www.sternonbucks.com. Should have video footage of all the times we got screwed. 2001 ECF would be very prominent. Should also include all of the stats and free throw differences throughout the years. We need to draw some media attention to this.
All posts are my own opinion.
Twitter: @itsjwills
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#1349 » by Newz » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:39 pm

So according to some of the other members of Squad 6, there was some girl who normally sits in the section that was sitting in a different seat for today's game wearing a Kobe jersey and holding up a 'I <3 Kobe sign'.

I don't really like fans who support teams from other cities and stuff, that's their choice... But it is low when you take free season tickets from a player on the team who wants you to support them and then during a Lakers game you buy a different seat and root for the other team. That is wrong, at least in my opinion.
JustinCredible
Head Coach
And1: 2,965

Post#1350 » by JustinCredible » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:44 pm

Newz wrote:So according to some of the other members of Squad 6, there was some girl who normally sits in the section that was sitting in a different seat for today's game wearing a Kobe jersey and holding up a 'I <3 Kobe sign'.

I don't really like fans who support teams from other cities and stuff, that's their choice... But it is low when you take free season tickets from a player on the team who wants you to support them and then during a Lakers game you buy a different seat and root for the other team. That is wrong, at least in my opinion.

Yes, I saw the same thing. She was sitting behind the basket where the players enter the stadium. She was in our section for the Blazers game. Don't remember seeing her before that so she might be one of the new members. I also think that is extremely low. :evil:
All posts are my own opinion.
Twitter: @itsjwills
LarryHarris
Assistant Coach

Post#1351 » by LarryHarris » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:50 pm

Maybe hard to tell, but was it this lady...

http://www.nba.com/bucks/photogallery/s ... curPhoto=5

The one who was wearing the Charlie V. jersey?

chuckleslove
RealGM

Post#1352 » by chuckleslove » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:52 pm

I heard about it and I think I saw it out of the corner of my eye at halftime. I believe she was one of the new people that got in before the Cavs game. If it was her totally not cool in my book and I would hope some sort of action can be taken. Squad 6 is supposed to be die hard Bucks fans, you sign a contract saying you will be at every game supporting the Bucks and to do something like that goes against the entire point of Squad 6 and is absolutely disgusting and appalling to me.
I'm dealing with cancer, it sucks, can follow along for updates if that's your thing: Chuck's cancer Go Fund Me page
FireStreetlifeNow
Pro Prospect
And1: 131
Location: At a brewpub somewhere in SE Wisconsin or SW Michigan

Post#1353 » by FireStreetlifeNow » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:57 pm

Newz wrote:So according to some of the other members of Squad 6, there was some girl who normally sits in the section that was sitting in a different seat for today's game wearing a Kobe jersey and holding up a 'I <3 Kobe sign'.

I saw her sitting over there and thought perhaps it was one of the newest members of squad 6 - the one that wears the Meeks jersey and sits in front. If it really was her, and I think it was, she should be off the squad immediately. It should be a group of crazy die hard Bucks fans who cheer for the Bucks all game long, every game. People, who like myself, are still fuming over the game the day after.

Per the agreement we signed:
Squad 6 agreement rules wrote:Squad 6 must wear BUCKS COLORS AND LOGOS. Try to wear current Bucks logo’d gear at all games unless otherwise specified (i.e. Cowboy hat night, Afro & shades night, etc.). If you do not have these goods, then they will be provided for you (quantities are limited).
LarryHarris
Assistant Coach

Post#1354 » by LarryHarris » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:58 pm

Yes, it was a lady. When they talked about it on 1250 this morning, Doug and Mike were under the impression that it was a guy. If it was that lady, she was yelling toward Squad 6 as she walked out. This is a no brainer, she should be out. I didn't recognize her, but I wish I had because then I could have taken a photo of her...

FireStreetlifeNow
Pro Prospect

Post#1355 » by FireStreetlifeNow » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:59 pm

LarryHarris wrote:Maybe hard to tell, but was it this lady...

Yep, that's her.
chuckleslove
RealGM

Post#1356 » by chuckleslove » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:00 pm

Yes that is the one I think people are talking about, I personally only saw it at the last second out of the corner of my eye though so I don't want to be a chief witness in this investigation :P
LarryHarris
Assistant Coach

Post#1357 » by LarryHarris » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:01 pm

FireStreetlifeNow wrote:

I saw her sitting over there and thought perhaps it was one of the newest members of squad 6 - the one that wears the Meeks jersey and sits in front. If it really was her, and I think it was, she should be off the squad immediately. It should be a group of crazy die hard Bucks fans who cheer for the Bucks all game long, every game. People, who like myself, are still fuming over the game the day after.

Per the agreement we signed:
Squad 6 agreement rules wrote:Squad 6 must wear BUCKS COLORS AND LOGOS. Try to wear current Bucks logo’d gear at all games unless otherwise specified (i.e. Cowboy hat night, Afro & shades night, etc.). If you do not have these goods, then they will be provided for you (quantities are limited).

Okay, we are on the same page. I think it was the Meeks lady too, she has a green Meeks jersey now, however she came to the tryouts in a Charlie V. jersey and was, I believe, referenced in the NYTimes article. I have been pissed all day and to think that some idiot would come to the game in Lakers stuff. Initially, I thought maybe she just joined Squad 6 to get the ticket for this game, but she was indeed not with us... she bought that ticket.

If she does come back, we need to make this miserable for her... I mean seriously, when she was walking out, she was yelling something in my direction...

LarryHarris
Assistant Coach

Post#1358 » by LarryHarris » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:04 pm

chuckleslove wrote:

Yes that is the one I think people are talking about, I personally only saw it at the last second out of the corner of my eye though so I don't want to be a chief witness in this investigation :P

Okay, well does anyone know if the Meeks lady was at the game w/ Squad 6? I don't want to be wrong about this either. Was her husband at the game with Squad 6? What about the Squad 6 Mom-lady? Was she there?

FireStreetlifeNow
Pro Prospect

Post#1359 » by FireStreetlifeNow » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:07 pm

chuckleslove wrote:

I saw her early on, didn't think to take out the camera for the grand invesitgation. Her group likes to sit in the front row and they pushed their way past me but she wasn't in it. Then when I noticed the I heart Kobe sign I was like wtf, turned to my left and saw her missing, so I figured it was probably her. A Fakers fan, grrr....
chuckleslove
RealGM

Post#1360 » by chuckleslove » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:08 pm

I saw the Squad6 mom lady, the Meeks/Villanueva Jersey woman with her husband I did not see. The Mom lady I saw up in row W before the game eating some cheese fries or something and she was wearing Bucks garb :P

If that was her I couldn't seeing her even having the guts to come back, I also hope if she tries to come back she is denied, that almost makes me as sick as the blown call by the refs.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks