ImageImage

Squad 6 Thread

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

steger_3434
RealGM
And1: 5,481

Re: Squad 6 Thread 

Post#3321 » by steger_3434 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:41 pm

Still the best photo of Bogut I've seen.
yiyiyi wrote:give rockets Redd ,houston give you T-MAC in return .please help rockets!
i dont want see that woman anymore !
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,311

Post#3322 » by jakecronus8 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:45 pm

steger_3434 wrote:Image

Still the best photo of Bogut I've seen.

My 15 minutes ftw!
Do it for Chuck
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,437

Post#3323 » by trwi7 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:48 pm

That's the best foam finger ever.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
drew881
RealGM
And1: 5,007

Post#3324 » by drew881 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:05 pm

steger_3434 wrote:Easier said than done. It's easy to sit here and think you'd go to all 41 games if they were free, but on a Tuesday night in February when it's -10 outside and you have to drive 30 minutes sometimes sucks. Bogut wanted 100 fans last year and we probably only had 80 at the very most.

Unfortunately I think this says a lot about the Milwaukee sports fan, and going back to the Sonicsgate thread, its not a big surprise the Bucks could leave. Sure, a packed house may not even draw profits every night, but it would put more clout behind a stadium deal if the city were completely behind the team.

So many other teams in the NBA and other sports could give away season tickets like this and not have a problem, but the Bucks can only find 60-80 fans to take them up on this? Pretty ridiculous if you ask me. I'm also surprised we have so many people posting in the game threads night after night (albeit not all from Milwaukee), yet they don't try to take up this opportunity.
chuckleslove
RealGM
And1: 1,128

Post#3325 » by chuckleslove » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:08 pm

drew881 wrote:
steger_3434 wrote:Easier said than done. It's easy to sit here and think you'd go to all 41 games if they were free, but on a Tuesday night in February when it's -10 outside and you have to drive 30 minutes sometimes sucks. Bogut wanted 100 fans last year and we probably only had 80 at the very most.

Unfortunately I think this says a lot about the Milwaukee sports fan, and going back to the Sonicsgate thread, its not a big surprise the Bucks could leave. Sure, a packed house may not even draw profits every night, but it would put more clout behind a stadium deal if the city were completely behind the team.

So many other teams in the NBA and other sports could give away season tickets like this and not have a problem, but the Bucks can only find 60-80 fans to take them up on this? Pretty ridiculous if you ask me. I'm also surprised we have so many people posting in the game threads night after night (albeit not all from Milwaukee), yet they don't try to take up this opportunity.

It is a big thing to be a die hard fan, I take nothing away from those fans who cannot commit to a full 41 games + postseason schedule. If you have a family, kids, a demanding job, there are plenty of reasons why you wouldn't be able to make a game. Last year we were pretty flexible allowing subs to fill in for you and all the such but to commit to going to an entire season of games is more than just a matter of want to.
I'm dealing with cancer, it sucks, can follow along for updates if that's your thing: Chuck's cancer Go Fund Me page
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,153

Post#3326 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:10 pm

WEFFPIM wrote:I've never seen so many people complain about free season tickets before.

Along with Steger's quote of Squad 6 sometimes felling like a job and its not just a free pass to games, you also have to remember that the Bucks got a lot of stuff from us also. Even if you don't think the bucks got some kind of advantage on the court because of us, we also earned our seats through being whored every time out for gear they were selling in the giftshop, used our image in a ton of promo emails and on their site and videos, and basically being a free game operations crew. On top of that add all the food and drinks purchased throughout the year when quite frankly those seats would have been empty in the middle of January.

No one here is saying they would quit squad 6 if we are moved or that it wouldn't be worth it. We are just analyzing what effect it would have on the game environment. A lot of us were hoping for bigger things this year. Not that it would benefit us since we already had seats, but wanted it to expand to other sections and it becoming part of our culture. Instead it looks like it won't even match last year's success.
drew881
RealGM
And1: 5,007

Post#3327 » by drew881 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:16 pm

chuckleslove wrote:
It is a big thing to be a die hard fan, I take nothing away from those fans who cannot commit to a full 41 games + postseason schedule. If you have a family, kids, a demanding job, there are plenty of reasons why you wouldn't be able to make a game. Last year we were pretty flexible allowing subs to fill in for you and all the such but to commit to going to an entire season of games is more than just a matter of want to.

Agreed of course. I'm just saying if Squad 6 were in other cities or other sports, many would not have a hard time filling all 100 seats on a consistent basis. My guess is that it will be less difficult as the team gets better.
LarryHarris
Assistant Coach
And1: 133

Post#3328 » by LarryHarris » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:16 pm

Mentioning all of the things that would cause someone not to do Squad 6 is, I think, the wrong way to look at it. Yes, people have those things, and those people aren't in Squad. To me, in the Milwaukee metropolitan area there are almost 1.75 million people. It was astonishing that there aren't 100 out of those 1.75 million who could, despite any challenges, make 38 Bucks home games.

So it is either one of two things. Squad 6 wasn't prompted in a manner that got enough of a word out there to reach would-be interested parties.

OR

There aren't 100 people out of 1.75 million who could make that commitment.

It's one or the other...

When they talk about adding people to Squad, it all seems ethereal to me, because we didn't have 100 people in that section until the playoffs.

Now maybe this year will be different because this team is better. Maybe the 60-70 regulars that had faith in the team last year enough to commit to getting FREE SEASON TICKETS will multiply enough to not only meet the 100 number, but to exceed it.

But until I see a full 100 member Squad not during the playoffs, I'll continue to think 100 tickets is enough, and that bums me out...
"It is time." -Kevin Greene to Clay Matthews at Super Bowl XLV

"I ain't got time for jokers to be bangin' on the drum." -Gary Ellerson
GrandAdmiralDan
RealGM
And1: 1,293

Post#3329 » by GrandAdmiralDan » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:17 pm

steger_3434 wrote:Also, if they HAVE to put us on an endline, wouldn't it make more sense to put us on the other side by the visitor's bench? There we could mess with their whole team. I still think section 212 was perfect. GAD said he wouldn't let them move us. Let's see how powerful this GAD character really is now.

Rest assured I am going to take action on this. Just be ready in the next few days to have my back on this. That goes for all of you. I have given this a lot of thought since the season ended and have plans on how to proceed.
97-98
Nick Van Exel (LAL) on defending the Stockton-Malone pick-and-roll: "Yeah,
I got a way to defend it. Bring a bat to the game and kill one of them."
trwi7
RealGM

Post#3330 » by trwi7 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:19 pm

GrandAdmiralDan wrote:
steger_3434 wrote:Also, if they HAVE to put us on an endline, wouldn't it make more sense to put us on the other side by the visitor's bench? There we could mess with their whole team. I still think section 212 was perfect. GAD said he wouldn't let them move us. Let's see how powerful this GAD character really is now.

Rest assured I am going to take action on this. Just be ready in the next few days to have my back on this. That goes for all of you. I have given this a lot of thought since the season ended and have plans on how to proceed.

I'll side with you GAD. Behind the basket is a really stupid section for what Squad 6 is supposed to do.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

Scoops
General Manager
And1: 267

Post#3331 » by Scoops » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:03 pm

If you guys are behind the hoop, please, please, please have someone do this during opponent FTs.

Go Bucks!
BigSmooth_31
Senior
And1: 0

Post#3332 » by BigSmooth_31 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:08 pm

trwi7 wrote:
GrandAdmiralDan wrote:

I'll side with you GAD. Behind the basket is a really stupid section for what Squad 6 is supposed to do.

Anything you guys need from me to help you stay where you were, I'll do it.
Imagex3
LarryHarris
Assistant Coach

Post#3333 » by LarryHarris » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:22 pm

Thing is, I don't know how much we can do. If this decision has been made it has. I'll standby and offer whatever assistance that I can. I'd be bummed about the move because I feel it will lessen our impact, but it won't affect my commitment to Squad 6 and I think all of the RealGM/Squad 6 guys would feel the same way...

trwi7
RealGM

Post#3334 » by trwi7 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:26 pm

Scoops wrote:If you guys are behind the hoop, please, please, please have someone do this during opponent FTs.

I vote for steger. He has a hot body. :eyebrows:

Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#3335 » by Newz » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:28 pm

trwi7 wrote:I vote for steger. He has a hot body. :eyebrows:

If we give him enough alcohol, this can be done.

I don't think I'll be sitting next to him that game though. :P
steger_3434
RealGM
And1: 5,481

Post#3336 » by steger_3434 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:28 pm

trwi7 wrote:
Scoops wrote:If you guys are behind the hoop, please, please, please have someone do this during opponent FTs.

I vote for steger. He has a hot body. :eyebrows:

:-?
yiyiyi wrote:give rockets Redd ,houston give you T-MAC in return .please help rockets!
i dont want see that woman anymore !
LarryHarris
Assistant Coach

Post#3337 » by LarryHarris » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:09 pm

Is it weird to suggest that I want the Speedo to be flesh colored?

Nycballa2k
Bench Warmer
And1: 356

Post#3338 » by Nycballa2k » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:46 pm

I think I have what it takes to make Squad 6, are there try-outs?
chuckleslove
RealGM
And1: 1,128

Post#3339 » by chuckleslove » Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:06 am

Nycballa2k wrote:I think I have what it takes to make Squad 6, are there try-outs?

There will be, MTC
I'm dealing with cancer, it sucks, can follow along for updates if that's your thing: Chuck's cancer Go Fund Me page
JustinCredible
Head Coach
And1: 2,965

Post#3340 » by JustinCredible » Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:02 am

I had no idea Kristi was grading Squad members. That is kind of cool actually.

Does anyone know if there will be try outs for existing Squad 6 members or will people be 'grandfathered' in? If they are grandfathered in by grade, then hopefully I graded out high enough...haha.
All posts are my own opinion.
Twitter: @itsjwills

Return to Milwaukee Bucks