ImageImage

Bucks @ Wizards - 12/2/09

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,272

Re: Bucks @ Wizards - 12/2/09 

Post#41 » by LUKE23 » Wed Dec 2, 2009 7:07 pm

This game will be tough on the road. If LRMAM can go at 100%, would like to see him on Butler and Bell on Arenas, with Jennings covering Young.

Jamison has been on a tear lately. Ersan will have to crash the boards and stay out of foul trouble.
Nebula1
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#42 » by Nebula1 » Wed Dec 2, 2009 7:17 pm

The Bucks should be the fresher team, so I'm expecting good energy from the squad. Scrappy win tonight.
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,793

Post#43 » by Ayt » Wed Dec 2, 2009 8:00 pm

LUKE23 wrote:This game will be tough on the road. If LRMAM can go at 100%, would like to see him on Butler and Bell on Arenas, with Jennings covering Young.

Jamison has been on a tear lately. Ersan will have to crash the boards and stay out of foul trouble.

Foul trouble is the key. I can see Ersan handling Jamison pretty well, but Warrick would get destroyed.
jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#44 » by jerrod » Wed Dec 2, 2009 8:14 pm

WEFFPIM wrote:
jerrod wrote:anyone else hate the 6pm games? they don't work well for me

Someone find that time zone thread from the Raps board.

i'm down with time zones, i'm just merely stating that a basketball game starting at 6cst is unfortunately timed for me :D
SCassell19
Junior
And1: 11

Post#45 » by SCassell19 » Wed Dec 2, 2009 8:17 pm

Tonights Refs: Ken Mauer, Leon Wood, Sean Wright

(Stats 1991-92 season through 2008-09 season)

Overall record:

Ken Mauer: 36-47
Leon Wood: 17-22
Sean Wright: 6-6
Washington: 36-31

ATS Record (Spreads not available for all games):

Ken Mauer: 35-46-0
Leon Wood: 19-20-0
Sean Wright: 6-6-0
Washington: 33-32-0

O/U Record (Totals not available for all games):

Ken Mauer: 40-37-2
Leon Wood: 16-22-0
Sean Wright: 7-5-0
Washington: 39-24-0

Avg FT Differential:

Ken Mauer: -1.7
Leon Wood: -2.4
Sean Wright: -3.8
Washington: -2.6

Number of times FT Differential is (+10) – (+20) – (-10) – (-20)

Ken Mauer: 11 – 0 – 16 - 1
Leon Wood: 4 – 0 – 8 - 0
Sean Wright: 2 – 0 – 4 - 2
Washington: 8 – 1 – 18 - 2

Questionable game definition: Team that wins must shoot 10+ more FTs than other team and the FT differential must be equal to or greater than the point differential in the game. A Very Questionable game is the same except the team that wins must shoot 20+ more FTs.

Number of Questionable games in Bucks favor/Questionable games in opponents favor:

Ken Mauer: 7/6
Leon Wood: 1/3
Sean Wright: 2/3
Washington: 7/11

Number of Very Questionable games in Bucks favor/Very Questionable games in opponents favor:

Ken Mauer: 0/0
Leon Wood: 0/0
Sean Wright: 0/2
Washington: 1/1

Net Questionable Game Percentage (Takes the percentage of questionable games in Bucks favor and subtracts the percentage of questionable games in opponents favor)

Ken Mauer: 1.2%
Leon Wood: -5.1%
Sean Wright: -8.3%
Washington: -6.0%

Net W/L Questionable Game Percentage (Takes the percent of Bucks Wins which are questionable in Bucks favor and subtracts opponents wins which are questionable in opponents favor)

Ken Mauer: 6.7%
Leon Wood: -7.8%
Sean Wright: -16.7%
Washington: -16.0%
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,431

Post#46 » by trwi7 » Wed Dec 2, 2009 8:20 pm

paul wrote:My first ever game thread, just wanted to get onto twirls list. Go Bucks.

Understandable.

jerrod wrote:now that you're on his list, you're gonna start getting all kinds of weird mail

It's not weird, it's hilarious. I have an inside guy who takes video of you playing basketball.

jerrod wrote:anyone else hate the 6pm games? they don't work well for me

I like them better than 9 PM games. I hate having to wait that long for a game to start.

BLKOUT wrote:Can someone extrapolate Roko Ukic's per 36 minute numbers please.

9.9 points, 0 rebounds, 4.9 assists, 3.5 turnovers, .432 TS%.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
trwi7
RealGM

Post#47 » by trwi7 » Wed Dec 2, 2009 8:22 pm

When was the time zone thread? Give me an estimated date and I could find it.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,600

Post#48 » by Bernman » Wed Dec 2, 2009 8:28 pm

Let me just supplement your usual outstanding contribution, sammy, with this statistic.....

Number of Inexplicable Crucial Calls in Opponent's Favor/Bucks Favor

Ken Mauer: 1/0

Never forget: http://stats.onlineathens.com/basketbal ... 4831.shtml

The heinous injustice was discredited to Bill Spooner, but I'm almost 100 percent positive the other two referees were Violet Palmer and tonight's antogonist Kenny Mauer. IIRC, the other officials were also in prime position to detect the obvioius violation and they refused.

I'm always concerned when Kenny Mauer is working one of our games.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
Slipknotic2436
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#49 » by Slipknotic2436 » Wed Dec 2, 2009 8:34 pm

I take it LRMAM is back. can anyone provide me with a link or other confirmation of him returning? I haven't heard anything :(
RamonSessions
Banned User

Post#50 » by RamonSessions » Wed Dec 2, 2009 8:40 pm

yungal07 wrote:I like how on the Bucks board, Arenas is a blackhole, but averages more assists and takes less shots than Jennings. :roll:
SCassell19
Junior

Post#51 » by SCassell19 » Wed Dec 2, 2009 8:41 pm

Bernman wrote:Let me just supplement your usual outstanding contribution, sammy, with this statistic.....

The heinous injustice was discredited to Bill Spooner, but I'm almost 100 percent positive the other two referees were Violet Palmer and tonight's antogonist Kenny Mauer. IIRC, the other officials were also in prime position to detect the obvioius violation and they refused.

http://www.databasebasketball.com/teams ... 215&tm=MIL
Ken Mauer didnt work that game. It was Spooner, Kantner, and Derosa. I put this call on my terrible call highlight DVD im working on.

There was a game at NY that same year where Mauer worked and they called a foul on Cassell where the replay clearly shows there was no contact whatsoever. Cassell got pissed and Mauer ejected him. As hes leaving you see him turn and point at Mauer and say "Youre a B**ch, Youre a B**ch". It was classic. I always refer to him as "The B***h" for this reason. That boxscore is here: http://www.databasebasketball.com/teams ... 305&tm=NYK
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#52 » by Newz » Wed Dec 2, 2009 8:42 pm

RamonSessions wrote:
yungal07 wrote:I like how on the Bucks board, Arenas is a blackhole, but averages more assists and takes less shots than Jennings. :roll:

He also shoots a higher FG% and doesn't even have close to as much offensive talent around him. (Doing so as a rookie, by the way) :D

Oh! And he has won 3 more games this year too. ;)
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#53 » by Ruzious » Wed Dec 2, 2009 8:48 pm

BLKOUT wrote:Can someone extrapolate Roko Ukic's per 36 minute numbers please.

Tiresome.

Read zaRdsAndZeRos's post - 4 above yours.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,600

Post#54 » by Bernman » Wed Dec 2, 2009 8:49 pm

SCassell19 wrote:
Bernman wrote:Let me just supplement your usual outstanding contribution, sammy, with this statistic.....

http://www.databasebasketball.com/teams ... 215&tm=MIL
Ken Mauer didnt work that game. It was Spooner, Kantner, and Derosa. I put this call on my terrible call highlight DVD im working on.

There was a game at NY that same year where Mauer worked and they called a foul on Cassell where the replay clearly shows there was no contact whatsoever. Cassell got pissed and Mauer ejected him. As hes leaving you see him turn and point at Mauer and say "Youre a B**ch, Youre a B**ch". It was classic. I always refer to him as "The B***h" for this reason. That boxscore is here: http://www.databasebasketball.com/teams ... 305&tm=NYK

My memory is pretty bad. Maybe that was the game I mistook it for where he specifically drew my ire. I do recall that New York game as one of the questionable ones I cited as proof of the NBA's agenda against us. Who was working the overtime loss to Cleveland that same year, and a Philly loss on the road? In the Cleveland game there was once again a phantom foul where your namesake was backed into by Andre Miller just stepped on Cassell's stationary foot. In the Philadelphia game it was just one atrocious call after another. Violet Palmer was one of the culprits?
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
dlts20
RealGM
And1: 6,194

Post#55 » by dlts20 » Wed Dec 2, 2009 8:51 pm

Wiz fan here. It should be a great game tonight. Everyone still thinks our D sucks and thats why we dont win but the truth is that we are a very good team on D this year and were losing because our O has been horrible when alot of people thought we would be #1 in the league. The good thing is that weve won 3 of 4 and are starting to come around on Offense. Guys are finally getting comfortable with Flip's system. Gil was so unconfident but the days before last night was all Gil talk. Everyone telling him they want him to be more aggressive and him saying that he hasnt been that guy in 2 years right now and he doesnt trust himself. Last night he let all that go and played his best game since game 3 of the season. The good thing is that he was really happy with himself after the game and basically said that he's going to be in attack mode tonight and wont ever put the brakes on again like he has been doing.

The problem is that his knee & confidence still isnt all the way there, espically when it comes to finishing. He absolutely just gets no lift so he hardly ever makes the layup and he gets fouled alot but the refs never call it anymore because he isnt jumping high enough. Jamison is a beast in this system and can score all day, espicallly off the pick & rolls. Caron has struggled with his role but also finally seems to be coming around. The last game was probably the 1st game all year where the big 3 all played good together even though they havent played too much together this year.

Someone on here talked about Foye and the trade. Foye was actually very good in camp, the Preseason, and early in the regular season. The problem is he had a bad ankle injury and missed a couple of games. That allowed us to sign Boykins and he's been great also. The fact is we just have a million guards so someone has to sit. The trade was still good because Foye is very good when he gets minutes and Miller is a beast. Eveyrone loves him but now he's out 4-6 weeks. When he gets back Flip will have to figure out who to play between Gil, NY, Miller, Foye, Boykins, and Stevenson. Thats not even including Mike James and Critteton who also play well when they get the chance and will be back soon from injury.

Anyways, if I know Gil he will try to go at Jennings every time he gets the chance but thats just this Gil. The guy who played the previous few weeks wouldnt go at anyone even if they were college players. I think Flip will just try to go at whoever Jennings is guarding wether it be Gil or NY
trwi7
RealGM

Post#56 » by trwi7 » Wed Dec 2, 2009 8:59 pm

dlts20 wrote:the truth is that we are a very good team on D this year

Your D is ranked 20th.

Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#57 » by Newz » Wed Dec 2, 2009 9:01 pm

trwi7 wrote:

Your D is ranked 20th.

It's very good compared to the 30th ranked team though... I think that's what he's trying to say.
SCassell19
Junior

Post#58 » by SCassell19 » Wed Dec 2, 2009 9:10 pm

Bernman wrote:
My memory is pretty bad. Maybe that was the game I mistook it for where he specifically drew my ire. I do recall that New York game as one of the questionable ones I cited as proof of the NBA's agenda against us. Who was working the overtime loss to Cleveland that same year, and a Philly loss on the road? In the Cleveland game there was once again a phantom foul where your namesake was backed into by Andre Miller just stepped on Cassell's stationary foot. In the Philadelphia game it was just one atrocious call after another. Violet Palmer was one of the culprits?

Ted Bernhardt worked the Cleveland game. He was the main ref screwing us there. There were 2 games against Philly back to back where we lost both by 2 with questionable calls in both. There was a steady stream of games in March/April 2002 where we were getting screwed. Just go look at the boxscores. There were 11 games where the opponent shot 10+ FTs and only one where we shot 10+ more FTs. Opponents shot an average of 25.5 FTs and we shot an average of 19.7. Seven questionable games against us and only one in our favor. A lot of the blame for that collapse falls on the Bucks shoulders but in a fairly reffed league the Bucks would have got into the playoffs...possibly as high as a 4 seed as they finished only 3 games back of the 4 seed.
RamonSessions
Banned User

Post#59 » by RamonSessions » Wed Dec 2, 2009 9:39 pm

Newz wrote:
RamonSessions wrote:

He also shoots a higher FG% and doesn't even have close to as much offensive talent around him. (Doing so as a rookie, by the way) :D

Oh! And he has won 3 more games this year too. ;)

:)
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#60 » by REDDzone » Wed Dec 2, 2009 9:39 pm

trwi7 wrote:

Your D is ranked 20th.

Haha isn't that the classic "I wasn't impressed with your team in the 25 point blowout they gave us"
guy?

If not, sorry to dlts.

If so, sorry to myself for remembering that from '06.

:D
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks