ImageImage

Bucks v. Blazers 9 p.m. FSNWI

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Re: Bucks v. Blazers 9 p.m. FSNWI 

Post#21 » by Newz » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:58 pm

trwi7 wrote:Admirals got their asses kicked already. I'm hoping the Bucks can have the same happen.

I was listening to that in the car and it made me lulz... Only because I knew it would make you sad. :D
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 23,240

Post#22 » by Baddy Chuck » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:00 pm

Maybe a few people here will realise why Bayless wouldn't have been a bad draft choice after this game :).
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,801

Post#23 » by AussieBuck » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:04 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:Maybe a few people here will realise why Bayless wouldn't have been a bad draft choice after this game :).

He's Sessions without the playmaking. We could've just kept the superior version.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,437

Post#24 » by trwi7 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:14 pm

Newz wrote:
trwi7 wrote:Admirals got their asses kicked already. I'm hoping the Bucks can have the same happen.

I was listening to that in the car and it made me lulz... Only because I knew it would make you sad. :D

I completely forgot the game started at like 11. That's the earliest start time I can remember a game starting and the early games are usually on Sunday.

So I go to the website, I see they have all the listen live and box score stuff up, I go down and look at the score and I see Wolves 7 Admirals 2 and I'm like ****.

Did you hear any goals either way? It's hilarious. If the Admirals goalie gives up a gimme Aaron goes. "How did that go in?!?! Come on boys, get it together."

If the Admirals score a goal when they're down like 7-1 like they were today he'll still get crazy excited about it that you'd think they were winning 7-1 when they scored again.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,702

Post#25 » by StickeeFingaz » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:28 pm

Most likely add another tally in the loss column for the ol' Buckaroos. Our terrible shooting in general puts us at a disadvantage from the get-go. Playing on the road just makes it worse.
#FreeChuckDiesel
-Jragon-
Head Coach
And1: 1,676

Post#26 » by -Jragon- » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:56 pm

We could win...

But the problem IMHO is that we don't play to our strengths. We have people that create turnovers (Bell, Luc, Jennings), People that can block/disrupt shots (Bogut, Ersan, Warrick), rebounders (Bogut, Ersan, Thomas), fast point guards, and fast players that can pass. We are built for running (especially without Redd who generally slows the ball and ball movement); yet we get sucked into slowing the ball down and running half-court sets and ending up with bad/defended jumpers or fadeaway/defended hooks.

Nash gets the ball in a nanosecond after his bigs rebound and is burning up court looking for slashers, wide open teammates, and trailers that take uncontested shots. Our bigs get the rebounds and wait for the other team to get down court before giving up the ball. It's almost like Bogut wants to go slow so that he can get more post up opportunities, but he actually is more consistantly effective as a trailer in fast break situations because he gets the ball moving toward the hoop. We need to RUN off of blocked shots, rebounds and turnovers all the time because we need as many easy looks as we can get (as opposed to the bad looks we get often in our sets). I think we are deep enough and have enough athletes to do this as well.

4 guards that can rotate in and out - Jennings, Bell, Meeks, Ridnour (all can make wide open shots when defender is lost or leaves them)
4 forwards to swap - Ersan, Luc, Delfino, Warrick (all can run, dunk, layup/even JA would fit this type of offense)
3 centers - Bogut can get to the hoop as a trailer, Thomas can shoot from the elbow as a trailer, and even Gadz could eventually get back in and dunk as a trailer.

RUN BUCKS RUN. Like you are being hunted, because you are. I remember playing the Nets when they had J.Kidd and all of the guys that created turnovers and ran with him. They would start the game running to a 25 - 8 lead with only layups and wide open shots off of fast breaks. Let us take the leash off of Jennings and have some fun playing/watching basketball THIS year. If we lose, let us go down swinging and developing Jennings, Meeks, Bogut, Luc, (Ridnour 6th man Ginobli?) and Ersan as defenders and offensive weapons.

Or... we can have a boring winter, watch slow basketball, and poor contested shots. What are we really waiting for? The Packers are done, the Brewers are going to suck with out pitching and this upcoming year's draft pick won't even be developed for two years. Let's have fun NOW. Who knows.. maybe we'll still lose my way and tankers can still be happy.
BDUB_30
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#27 » by BDUB_30 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:03 pm

Dennis Rodman is one of the better posters on this site, always worth the time reading. Thanks for taking the time.
Stopshere2
Head Coach
And1: 38

Post#28 » by Stopshere2 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:06 pm

Bogut has been saving himself for this game but everyone else continues to shoot terribly on the road and we lose by 10. Or in other words ...
Luckily, for the revenue department of the government, speed doesn't kill.
-Jragon-
Head Coach
And1: 1,676

Post#29 » by -Jragon- » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:08 pm

Thanks BDub
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,959

Post#30 » by Jez2983 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:22 pm

I'm not predicting anything, as the opposite of what I say happens.

Still, epic loss.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
lawrybeard
Analyst
And1: 165

Post#31 » by lawrybeard » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:45 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:I'm actually pretty excited about the game (low standards I know). As DennisRodman posted yesterday, go back and watch quarters 2-4 of the Phoenix game. There were signs of the "Redd-less" team that started the season.

I agree with this. When Redd returned, we saw a significant drop off from a few of our players. Without checking, I'd say they were Ridnour, Delfino & Ersan.

We had a ridiculously bad first quarter against the Suns, but just like prior to Redd's return we still found a way to get back into the game.
Dobber-16
Assistant Coach
And1: 439

Post#32 » by Dobber-16 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:50 pm

Bucks cover the spread, could win straight-up. I like our chances. Close game, great effort tonight.
Portland is hurting, Aldridge and Webster are non-factors.
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote: all you guys bitching sound like fixed income grandmas at the grocery store.
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,801

Post#33 » by Ayt » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:59 pm

This is a bad match up (put this on repeat for every game thread the rest of the year).
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,273

Post#34 » by LUKE23 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:59 pm

I expect another moral victory and actual loss.
rrravenred
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 547
Location: Pulling at the loose threads of arguments since 2006

Post#35 » by rrravenred » Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:14 pm

Some quick stats. In wins, the Bucks:

* shoot 45% from the field, and 35% from 3
* average a rebounding advantage of 4.1
* allow the opposition to shoot 42% FG and 28% from 3

In losses, the Bucks:

* shoot 40% from the field and 33% from 3
* get spanked on the boards by 5.8
* give the opposition 48% from the field and 43% (!) from 3

All commonsense stuff. The big one for me was the 3P FG%. League average is 35%, so a good Bucks game is where we don't get punished much from downtown. Defend the perimeter and thus goeth the game. Blazers average 36% from 3 (tenth in the league). If we can keep them to that or below...
ElGee wrote:You, my friend, have shoved those words into my mouth, which is OK because I'm hungry.

Got fallacy?
bayrdbandit
Sixth Man
And1: 1

Post#36 » by bayrdbandit » Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:50 pm

Oden2 wrote:Guys, just a heads up, Rudy may be coming back tonight, but there's no guarantee. These are two tough teams. Portland's making the best of a tough situation, but they've lost 3 of the last 4. The Bucks lost Redd, but if the early season is any indication, you guys are just fine without him. It should be interesting to see a matchup of two rising stars in Roy and Jennings. Both of these guys have a knack for taking over games. Roy is mr. consistent while Jennings has been slightly less consistent, but both players are unstoppable when they're hitting shots.

If Jennings has been SLIGHTLY less consistent than Roy, then Roy must be extremely inconsistent.

Good luck.

Go Bucks.
ZedgetRedd
Sixth Man
And1: 50

Post#37 » by ZedgetRedd » Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:58 pm

I want to see a good team effort and game especially from Jennings, win or loss doesnt really matter too much anymore, lets get a stud in the draft.
Quote of the day: "I wouldn't trade one stupid decision for another 5 years of life" - James Murphy of LCD Soundsystem

http://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?c=2886

Bucks and Pats
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,977

Post#38 » by emunney » Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:19 am

Bernman wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:There were signs of the "Redd-less" team that started the season.

Signs of a Redd-less team, or the honeymoon effect created by the loss of perceived key player that causes a team's members to play especially motivated and together, only to be replaced by a normal energy level and selfishness at a later point. They actually had a double honeymoon effect going with Skiles being sidelined also. Portland won @ Dallas, @ San Antonio, and against Denver; in their first 3 games where both Oden and Przy were absent. Now they've lost 3 of 4, since the realities of playing with Juwan Howard as their center has set in. Did winning initially without Oden and Przy mean they were a better team without those two guys? Honeymoon effect is a very real and prevalent phenomenon. Now, Redd was no Oden/Przy to our team, but the reality is we're going nowhere with this crap talent squad. We likely won't be able to even take advantage of the honeymoon effect because of the caliber of opponents in combination with playing on the road.

I don't think it was a 'honeymoon effect' so much as it was Redd being catastrophically bad 70-80% of the time when he was on the floor. I'm not talking about the collateral damage on other players that some here are asserting -- as if it's some sort of situation where Redd's getting his at the expense of others -- I'm talking about, regardless of what's happening with the rest of the team, Redd not getting his and getting schooled on the other end. Most of the time he was a liability on both ends of the court.

If you have a situation where a good player leaves and the team plays moderately better after he leaves for a short period of time, that's an unqualified honeymoon effect and I agree with you that it does exist and somebody has probably measured it. When you're talking about removing a bad player, though, I'm not sure if the same rules apply.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
worthlessBucks
RealGM
And1: 4,833

Post#39 » by worthlessBucks » Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:23 am

Must win Supreme?
Go Bucks!
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,977

Post#40 » by emunney » Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:24 am

Ayt wrote:This is a bad match up (put this on repeat for every game thread the rest of the year).

I know you're joking, but I actually think Portland is a good matchup for us. Ersan is going to have to figure out something to do about Aldridge, though, as he killed us last time.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts

Return to Milwaukee Bucks